The Official Word from the top - 90 Day Policy Explanation

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=35175

Jake

13-03-2006 14:35:10

This was what was given to me for you guys to read as an explanation for the change.

I will continue to press for specific answers to the questions that were posted in the past but this is all that I have at the moment.

[baf90a702bd]90 Day Policy Explanation[/baf90a702bd]

As you may have heard, anyone using a Gratis Internet site now needs to complete their offer — i.e., complete one offer themselves and have all their referrals’ offers completed — within 90 days of opening their account.

Here’s the background

We instituted the 90-day change so that our operations would work in tandem with the way people actually use our sites. The bottom line is You move fast and we want to do the same.

We did a survey and found that 93 percent of our users complete their offers within 90 days of opening their account — and a sizable majority of those users (about two-thirds) actually complete their offers within six weeks or less.

It seems that if you’re using a Gratis site to score a free iPod, or flatscreen or PlayStation 3 or whatever — there are 15 offers in all, check out freepay.com to see them all — you want to get the whole thing wrapped up pretty quickly — and that’s fine with us.

Another reason we’ve made the 90-day change is that, without having an ‘end date’ for accounts it was impossible for us to figure out where we were financially or to make accurate plans about ordering new goods to ship to our users. Sure, only about seven percent of our users had these never-ending (but never completed) accounts, but how many were going to finish the process and get their free item? None?, 10 percent?, 50 percent? More? Less? You get the picture… Too many loose ends — and none of them actually doing anyone any good. So we made the switch to a 90-day structure.

However, we wanted to make the change in a totally fair and aboveboard way. Rather than instituting some kind of retroactive approach — i.e., “Hey there, wanted to let you know your account has been cancelled!” — we decided to set the clock evenly for everyone.

As of March 1, 2006, and going forward, all accounts need to be completed within 90 days of being opened. If you have an older account, whether it was started a couple of months ago or several years ago, you have until June 1, 2006 (i.e., 90 days on from March 1) to complete your account. So far, no one seems to mind, as (like we said) the vast majority of our users complete their offers within 60 or so days, sometimes less. If you’re one of the few people who is disappointed by the change, then we’re sorry, but we hope you now see why the change needed to happen.

OK, thanks, talk to you later. Spread the word Free stuff at freepay.com if you’re willing to do an online offer and refer friends who do the same.

fiz

13-03-2006 14:42:23

Thanks Jake! Your response is appreciated and makes financial business sense.

Psyc

13-03-2006 15:01:31

Jake, tell everyone I'm sorry! I didn't mean to take over a year (or two, I think) to finish the site. (

I still want my iPod and PSP, though. ?

petezahut2

13-03-2006 15:05:59

The only big question I have is...

If I got 8 greens for ps3s.freepay.com just before the 90 day mark and I send the form in, but one of them is rejected. Will you be given time to get another referral, or is FreePay sticking with the whole thing where they say that it is better for you to get a couple extra referrals because 1 or 2 are usually rejected.

egyptianruin

13-03-2006 15:40:35

[quoteb4a66ecfdf="petezahut2"]The only big question I have is...

If I got 8 greens for ps3s.freepay.com just before the 90 day mark and I send the form in, but one of them is rejected. Will you be given time to get another referral, or is FreePay sticking with the whole thing where they say that it is better for you to get a couple extra referrals because 1 or 2 are usually rejected.[/quoteb4a66ecfdf]

I sent in my form for the PS3 and two of my refs were rejected. However I had 10/8 green, so now I have 8/8 green. However it still says I need to send in the form - is this a NEW form compared to the ones I sent in earlier - am I okay - I don't know... It still says I need to send in the form for approval but by turning two refs grey does that mean they got my initial form? Im so confused, should I or shouldn't I send in a NEW form now since I actually still MEET the requirements set forth?

bruman

13-03-2006 15:57:08

i still think its unfair for laptops

aguy

13-03-2006 16:01:21

ok this explains not much...

so what happens when our 90 days are up... can we make another account?

egyptianruin

13-03-2006 16:04:54

[quotec98c9a3852="aguy"]ok this explains not much...

so what happens when our 90 days are up... can we make another account?[/quotec98c9a3852]

No, you can't but you can try for ANOTHER site. (sigh)

drunkmonkey

13-03-2006 16:28:19

This was just a general statement put out by Freepay...it wasn't meant to address any of the questions Jake took. It sounds like he's still trying to get answers (which isn't a good sign).

darkscout

13-03-2006 16:45:33

[quotea8dca44b64="drunkmonkey"]This was just a general statement put out by Freepay...it wasn't meant to address any of the questions Jake took. It sounds like he's still trying to get answers (which isn't a good sign).[/quotea8dca44b64]

It sounds like he doesn't want to answer the questions. I don't have a doubt that he KNOWS the answers.

Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).

justinag06

13-03-2006 17:03:04

sounds more like his superiers are avoiding answering these questions, because they haven't figured it all out yet.

we can only assume the worst. ie. refs rejected = you lose out, and I don't think they will allow us to try again on sites we don't finish

petezahut2

13-03-2006 17:12:35

[quotedeb68ee2b5="aguy"]ok this explains not much...

so what happens when our 90 days are up... can we make another account?[/quotedeb68ee2b5]

Why does everybody think that this new TOS will allow you to complete the site again? I don't really see how it changes anything with that. Plus, their biggest profit is from people who don't finish the sites. If you have proved that you can do it once, they will do all they can to prevent you from doing it again.

drunkmonkey

13-03-2006 17:32:35

[quote0f97e533af="justinag06"]sounds more like his superiers are avoiding answering these questions, because they haven't figured it all out yet.

we can only assume the worst. ie. refs rejected = you lose out, and I don't think they will allow us to try again on sites we don't finish[/quote0f97e533af]

That's what I'm thinking. (

drunkmonkey

13-03-2006 17:33:33

[quote51c81acfe2="darkscout"]Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).[/quote51c81acfe2]

I missed that. That's pretty fucked up. evil

CollidgeGraduit

13-03-2006 17:47:11

[quote268b1fc762="drunkmonkey"][quote268b1fc762="darkscout"]Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).[/quote268b1fc762]

I missed that. That's pretty fucked up. evil[/quote268b1fc762]

I'm not sure we know all the facts on that situation. However, are you thinking Jake should have went against his boss's instructions in order to better-inform a forum full of people that for the most part cry and whine about Freepay not doing what they want?

drunkmonkey

13-03-2006 18:09:56

[quote8d0aa016cf="CollidgeGraduit"][quote8d0aa016cf="drunkmonkey"][quote8d0aa016cf="darkscout"]Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).[/quote8d0aa016cf]

I missed that. That's pretty fucked up. evil[/quote8d0aa016cf]

I'm not sure we know all the facts on that situation. However, are you thinking Jake should have went against his boss's instructions in order to better-inform a forum full of people that for the most part cry and whine about Freepay not doing what they want?[/quote8d0aa016cf]

If true, it's fucked up on Freepay's end, not just on Jake.

Berky34

13-03-2006 18:49:54

[quote7e16231b76="egyptianruin"][quote7e16231b76="petezahut2"]The only big question I have is...

If I got 8 greens for ps3s.freepay.com just before the 90 day mark and I send the form in, but one of them is rejected. Will you be given time to get another referral, or is FreePay sticking with the whole thing where they say that it is better for you to get a couple extra referrals because 1 or 2 are usually rejected.[/quote7e16231b76]

I sent in my form for the PS3 and two of my refs were rejected. However I had 10/8 green, so now I have 8/8 green. However it still says I need to send in the form - is this a NEW form compared to the ones I sent in earlier - am I okay - I don't know... It still says I need to send in the form for approval but by turning two refs grey does that mean they got my initial form? Im so confused, should I or shouldn't I send in a NEW form now since I actually still MEET the requirements set forth?[/quote7e16231b76]
I'm pretty sure that you do need to send in the form, unless your processing and your order is placed. If not, I suggest sending it in.

And also it says this on freepay's site

If my account is closed for a site, can I signup for another one on that same site?

No - per our Terms and Conditions, we only allow one account per FreePay product site. Signing up for an additional account on the same site, will result in your additional account to be placed on "Hold" status. You are however, welcome to signup for another account for a different FreePay product site.

ilanbg

13-03-2006 19:04:22

[quote2efb348fd6="Jake"]So far, no one seems to mind, as (like we said) the vast majority of our users complete their offers within 60 or so days, sometimes less. If you’re one of the few people who is disappointed by the change, then we’re sorry, but we hope you now see why the change needed to happen.[/quote2efb348fd6]
"No one seems to mind"? lol

egyptianruin

13-03-2006 19:21:36

[quote51fd066da1="Berky34"]
I'm pretty sure that you do need to send in the form, unless your processing and your order is placed. If not, I suggest sending it in.
[/quote51fd066da1]

Thing is I DID send in the form, I sent in two - then today 11 days after I sent the form 2 of my refs were DQ'd. Does this mean they got the form and went through my referrals? If so, then why does it say send in the form?

Also I STILL have 9 out of 8 greens and if my form got there (which I assume did because of the DQ'd referrals), did they not approve me? I still had the required amount to be approved although two referrals DQ'd... Does it mean I have to send a new form in to be checked all over again? Do I wait and see if I get approved? It's just way to confusing and not enough answers. I sent in ANOTHER (third) form just to be sure this evening, and I will continue doing so until I see something change.

mpbollywoodking

13-03-2006 19:21:56

if u don't get aproved or finished by the deadline, you can't make another account. It's over, your account is cancelled

midnightgt

13-03-2006 19:36:22

Kinda what I expected for our questions
No answers.

Im pretty sure none of our questions were why did u do this and give us some statistics...

Here's a recap for Jake
Rejection?
End of 90 days?
New account?
Laptops - Honestly wtf...?
...and more

Tholek

13-03-2006 19:55:25

[quotecabc0ce730="ilanbg"][quotecabc0ce730="Jake"]So far, no one seems to mind...[/quotecabc0ce730]
"No one seems to mind"? lol[/quotecabc0ce730]

Exactly. That comment has no place whatsoever in that statement.

[quotecabc0ce730="bruman"]i still think its unfair for laptops[/quotecabc0ce730]

"Unfair" is the [icabc0ce730]mildest[/icabc0ce730] way I could describe it.

I know I played some small part in laptops.freepay coming to frution, mainly me being a nudge, and wanted nothing more than to complete it. I want it more than a desktop, more than an iPod, and it seems they are just dangling it before me now, like a carrot on a stick.

I didn't believe I could complete it within 90 days once I heard of the policy, and that was [icabc0ce730]before[/icabc0ce730] I noticed the new decrease in the green to yellow ratio, and now I see it as almost a certainty, but like that poor horse, I can't help but pursue it. It's the only carrot I can afford. (

[quotecabc0ce730="aguy"]so what happens when our 90 days are up... can we make another account?[/quotecabc0ce730]

Holding firm on disallowing a person from creating a new account once the original lapses, still makes no sense to me when that same person can do another offer when trying the site again. I'm not saying that someone who completes a site should be able to do it again (That would be fantastic, but not expected), but that one who doesn't, has a "second chance". (at least)

We [icabc0ce730]all[/icabc0ce730] deserve a second chance.......don't we? shock

jy3

13-03-2006 20:09:09

plus if the original account is cancelled then creating a new account will not violate the TOS because then you will only have one.
my biggest concern is that if they are going to hold to this 90 day limit than the manual credit needs to be faster. 30 days from a week after I sent in the ticket which was 15 days after I did the site. THAT is insane.

Rodney

13-03-2006 21:22:31

Freepay should fix their notification emails to reflect the new 90 day change.

I got one for freehandbags and it had this untrue line in it

[quoted02f1ec2d1]Refer as many friends as you can! [bd02f1ec2d1]It's never too late[/bd02f1ec2d1][/quoted02f1ec2d1]

midnightgt

13-03-2006 21:26:06

Lol Rodney +karma for making me laugh

justinag06

13-03-2006 21:27:12

yeah I think these are all the scenarios people want laid out for them jake. if you could get us yes or no definiative answers that would be great.

scenario 1

It's been 89 days and I just got my last green, I printed off my form and it's postmarked today. Assuming all my referrals are legit, and I place my order the second you approve it, am I ok?

scenario 2

lets assume the same scenario except you reject one of my referrals. Do I get an extra week, month, etc to find another ref?

scenario 3

I only got 4 referrals on a 5 ref site, its been 91 days, but I really want to try and do it all over from the start. Can I?

Drummer16161616

13-03-2006 22:13:39

[quotef4977609b8="justinag06"]yeah I think these are all the scenarios people want laid out for them jake. if you could get us yes or no definiative answers that would be great.

scenario 1

It's been 89 days and I just got my last green, I printed off my form and it's postmarked today. Assuming all my referrals are legit, and I place my order the second you approve it, am I ok?

scenario 2

lets assume the same scenario except you reject one of my referrals. Do I get an extra week, month, etc to find another ref?

scenario 3

I only got 4 referrals on a 5 ref site, its been 91 days, but I really want to try and do it all over from the start. Can I?[/quotef4977609b8]

I agree. Jake, please answer these as your post does not really tell us any new information.

midnightgt

13-03-2006 22:38:26

Freepay would also like to add that any of it's employees will now give you referalls if you trade for thier Trainn site. (disloyal? no they offer a great service!).

justinag06

13-03-2006 23:05:38

look I realize you're the founder of the the boycott freepay fanclub and all, but there are some of us here trying to help out other newbies and ourselves. Lets not belittle the man who is trying to help us, and more importantly if you are boycotting freepay why are you still here?

theysayjump

14-03-2006 02:28:57

[quote8bcb359c69="darkscout"]Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).[/quote8bcb359c69]

I really don't think you have room to talk about decieving anyone or any thing. Especially after your FusionCash escapade.

Jake's doing his job and he's doing what he comes here to do. He doesn't have to and I highly doubt there is a clause in his "Freepay contract" stating that he has to spend a certain amount of time on this forum. I can't imagine what this place would be like if there was no Freepay rep at all, so you should be thankful we have one.

Also, whether Jake has the answers to our questions or not is irrelevant as he will let us know when he has permission to, not when enough people bitch and moan about it on a public forum.

I'd like the questions that justinag06 asked above to be answered too but I also realise that annoying the shit out of Jake won't get me anywhere. When it's time for them to be answered they will be so until then, just try to breathe deeply, count to 10 and when Franky says relax; relax.

grm

14-03-2006 06:12:05

[quote52ed30ab41="theysayjump"]When it's time for them to be answered they will be so until then, just try to breathe deeply, count to 10 and when Franky says relax; relax.[/quote52ed30ab41]

I'm relaxed, i'm counting to 90...everyone try this...one day at a time!
Or for you 360 "Backordered/Pending Approval" people, you can count to ten, one month at a time.

Tholek

14-03-2006 06:13:44

[quote166db5368a="theysayjump"]and when Franky says relax; relax.[/quote166db5368a]

You sure you're 24? ;)

Jake

14-03-2006 07:02:49

[quote25b574eb19="darkscout"]
It sounds like he doesn't want to answer the questions. I don't have a doubt that he KNOWS the answers.
[/quote25b574eb19]

I wasn't the one who wrote the statement. It was done by my superiors. Hence, I wasn't the one 'not wanting to answer the questions.' Don't make silly accusations. I am here to try and help as best as I can.

[quote25b574eb19="darkscout"]
Especially after he addmittedly decieved people. (Back when the whole Pending Approval was a 'glitch'. Then he came back and said that he was told to say that even though they knew it wasn't a glitch).[/quote25b574eb19]

Your point is? What was I supposed to do? Unfortunately, I was told not to tell the truth and that is what I had to do.

You know the truth now anyway. Not much has changed either.

bjrock11

14-03-2006 07:06:42

liliMOD EDITlili

Keep the questions relevant to the discussion in the thread.

Thx.

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 07:28:58

[quote3d61fa3244="Jake"]Unfortunately, I was told not to tell the truth and that is what I had to do.[/quote3d61fa3244]

Now [b3d61fa3244]there's[/b3d61fa3244] a company I want to invest my time and money in. They just keep finding new ways to regain my confidence. roll

midnightgt

14-03-2006 07:32:00

[quote705df5f2b8="Jake"]Unfortunately, I was told not to tell the truth and that is what I had to do.[/quote705df5f2b8]
Anyone still willing to lick freepay balls?

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 07:37:14

Jake, I understand you have to do what you are told - as I work in retail and many times I am prompted to "lie" to people. However that does not instill trust in your company, and puts to question all the things that have been said about FreePay - ie the 360 situation, iPods, the new 90 day policy and even if your company is going bankrupt. We all trusted you to be honest and fair with us. I am saddened by the fact that you were told to lie. I would have rather had no answers at all than have a representative of a company be dishonest with me.

kposse77

14-03-2006 07:40:08

[quotea537a1e403="drunkmonkey"][quotea537a1e403="Jake"]Unfortunately, I was told not to tell the truth and that is what I had to do.[/quotea537a1e403]

Now [ba537a1e403]there's[/ba537a1e403] a company I want to invest my time and money in. They just keep finding new ways to regain my confidence. roll[/quotea537a1e403]

It's true, I don't blame Jake for doing his job, but this type of dishonesty would probably kill any other company. I don't get why they would feel the need to deliberately put out false information, only to release the "truth" later. Unless, that is, the AOL excuse is just another lie that just happens to sound better than the last one. I guess the real question now is one of credability. Why believe you when you say, "Well, [ba537a1e403]now[/ba537a1e403], I'm telling you the truth"?

It almost feels like they are running some kind of social experiment at the Freepay offices

"Let's see what they'll do if we change their status to Back Ordered."

Jake

14-03-2006 07:41:44

[quote27a1564dab="midnightgt"][quote27a1564dab="Jake"]Unfortunately, I was told not to tell the truth and that is what I had to do.[/quote27a1564dab]
Anyone still willing to lick freepay balls?[/quote27a1564dab]

That has earned you a temp ban.

Jake

14-03-2006 07:43:49

[quoteed6c14fec8="egyptianruin"]I would have rather had no answers at all than have a representative of a company be dishonest with me.[/quoteed6c14fec8]

Well, perhaps I will stay completely quiet in the face of one hundred questions.

Besides, the whole problem with that offer was technically a 'glitch.' There was a 'glitch' with the offer which resulted in us having to investigate the offer completions.

So its not so much that I lied, its more that I withheld information and a company withholding information is nothing new in our world.

hrdfarkr

14-03-2006 07:51:31

I can't say i'm all that pleased with the way any of these situations is being handled (iPod, xbox, 90 days), but I do still appreciate that we have someone here posting.

Can we get the current company status on those issues.

Is the AOL glitch repaired?
Will iPods now be shipping?

Is there a source of XBOX360s?
Is there a glitch associated with that sites shipping?

Any estimate on how long we will have to wait for answers on the questions you presented from us?

As long as I'm being a nuisance...

When will the PC site see new computers?...with the new 90 day policy and approval forms I have to choose soon.

Jake

14-03-2006 08:00:41

[quote493119a4dc="hrdfarkr"]
Is the AOL glitch repaired?
[/quote493119a4dc]

Almost. You should hear an answer on how that will be resolved very soon.

Will iPods now be shipping?
[/quote493119a4dc]

Our order is FINALLY on its way after weeks of delays. Therefore, yes.

[/quote493119a4dc]

No. M$ only shipped 150,000 or so in February and about 240,000 in January so it is next to impossible to find them. We have even checked the suggestions that were made in the sticky thread and got nowhere.

Is there a glitch associated with that sites shipping?
[/quote493119a4dc]

No, there is not. The reason that site isn't shipping is because there aren't any 360s around.

Any estimate on how long we will have to wait for answers on the questions you presented from us?
[/quote493119a4dc]

I am not sure. I have made it clear that the customers want answers to the specific questions that were sent and am waiting for a reply.

When will the PC site see new computers?...with the new 90 day policy and approval forms I have to choose soon.[/quote493119a4dc]

I hope that the case will be soon. I did the research and prepared everything but I do not know why the update has not happened yet.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 08:02:41

[quote29c1076b26="Jake"]
Well, perhaps I will stay completely quiet in the face of one hundred questions.

Besides, the whole problem with that offer was technically a 'glitch.' There was a 'glitch' with the offer which resulted in us having to investigate the offer completions.

So its not so much that I lied, its more that I withheld information and a company withholding information is nothing new in our world.[/quote29c1076b26]

Im not saying stay completely quiet, but if you aren't allowed ot divuldge information I would rather know that then be told Pending Approval is a glitch. Jake, I know that you do the best you can - and I am thankful you are here to answer questions - I just don't think it was right you were told to be dishonest. That's all.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 08:05:53

[quoteaa30892585="Jake"]No. M$ only shipped 150,000 or so in February and about 240,000 in January so it is next to impossible to find them. We have even checked the suggestions that were made in the sticky thread and got nowhere.
[/quoteaa30892585]

So we should assume that 360's will not ship in March, am I correct?

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 08:15:38

[quote30b7c9f7cc="Jake"][quote30b7c9f7cc="hrdfarkr"]
[/quote30b7c9f7cc]

No. M$ only shipped 150,000 or so in February and about 240,000 in January so it is next to impossible to find them. We have even checked the suggestions that were made in the sticky thread and got nowhere.
[/quote30b7c9f7cc]

So [b30b7c9f7cc]why[/b30b7c9f7cc] does your company insist on putting false timeframes on the website? The abundance of dishonesty is killing me.

Jake

14-03-2006 08:31:08

[quote53e743cbb5="drunkmonkey"]
So [b53e743cbb5]why[/b53e743cbb5] does your company insist on putting false timeframes on the website? The abundance of dishonesty is killing me.[/quote53e743cbb5]

The timeframes are what we [i53e743cbb5]anticipate[/i53e743cbb5] or even [i53e743cbb5]hope[/i53e743cbb5] will happen.

We aren't deliberately making up dates.

grm

14-03-2006 08:39:02

Jake, have you guys sent out anything lately? Just wondering, thanks.

Jake

14-03-2006 08:49:15

[quotedf9808af04="grm"]Jake, have you guys sent out anything lately? Just wondering, thanks.[/quotedf9808af04]

Do a search on my posts. I posted about some of the stuff I sent out last week.

WillTradeRefs

14-03-2006 09:38:41

hey Jake I've been trying to be real patient about two of my accounts, xbox 360 and flatscreens.. on both I am 7/8..

on the xbox360 I am waiting for a referral that you said would be reinstated. it was DQ'd on 2/20/06... can I expect it to be reinstated soon?

On the flatscreens account my 8th referral did an offer almost 30 days ago.. submitted a missing credit request about 15 days ago... still nothing... I sent you a PM about it like last thursday..can you help me out? i know you aren't shipping out 360s yet.. it would just be a great relief to get it approved with this time limit hanging over us.. and also my monitor sucks big time (

also Jake I'd like to congratulate you on being the star of those new CareerBuilder commercials.. I see your co-workers got to be in it too.

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 09:39:24

[quotefe8dc10105="Jake"][quotefe8dc10105="drunkmonkey"]
So [bfe8dc10105]why[/bfe8dc10105] does your company insist on putting false timeframes on the website? The abundance of dishonesty is killing me.[/quotefe8dc10105]

The timeframes are what we [ife8dc10105]anticipate[/ife8dc10105] or even [ife8dc10105]hope[/ife8dc10105] will happen.

We aren't deliberately making up dates.[/quotefe8dc10105]

That's just misleading...which it seems Freepay has been guilty of quite a bit lately.

This is very upsetting. Freepay has being lying to us, avoiding our questions, misleading us...how are we supposed to trust anything else they tell us? I'd write a letter to the executives, if I thought they gave a crap, but I doubt it would get past Customer Service, who would probably respond with a letter thanking me for my support. roll

After all this, I find it hard to believe that Freepay is not getting ready to fold, and just stalling as long as possible before they do. (

grm

14-03-2006 09:39:25

I said "lately". Yes, I heard you sent out 22 items last week.
Surely there are more people waiting on items than that! I am one of them. Are you having troubles finding digital cameras too?

Trust me, I very much appreciate you guys giving away free stuff.
But you put this time limit on us and don't have a timely manner on when we will get our stuff. Seems like things are going REALLY slow. It is very frustrating, to say the least!

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 09:43:46

Well according to the Gratis Internet website they are hiring different levels of support for FreePay so I doubt they are folding. However I believe that now they have seen how much money they can make they are going to tighten the reins and keep as much money as they can. All businesses are like that - when they make money they want to make MORE MORE MORE! I personally don't blame Gratis for wanting to make more money, however it is poor business practice to lie to the people who are making you the money. Without people signing up for their sites, they would not be where they are today.

batman129

14-03-2006 10:07:34

Interesting new investigation currently going on with Freepay now, too...

Check it out[=http//www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/031306InternetBreach.html]Check it out.

good2speed

14-03-2006 10:14:24

[quotea7b6064d3d="egyptianruin"]Well according to the Gratis Internet website they are hiring different levels of support for FreePay so I doubt they are folding. However I believe that now they have seen how much money they can make they are going to tighten the reins and keep as much money as they can. All businesses are like that - when they make money they want to make MORE MORE MORE! I personally don't blame Gratis for wanting to make more money, however it is poor business practice to lie to the people who are making you the money. Without people signing up for their sites, they would not be where they are today.[/quotea7b6064d3d]

First off - I lol'd at reading Jake's first post. Not dissing you Jake but your comp execs are hilarious. Why didn't they just let you type out the bs comment. You could have made it sound much better and more sympathetic to FIG. Your bosses obviously aren't aware that many people are upset of freepay's new policies.

sorry to flame. But what the hell was the point of that post?

what are you crying for because you got lied to by a corporation. Obvioulsy Jake WORKS for this company and you are no one to judge his ethics. If they tell him to jump and they pay him well then it's his decision. I'm not going to be the one to tell Jake on how to ethically do his job. I will however repeat that the comp execs message was watered down and we really needed a response that addresses our (FIG and A4F) concerns.

Jake

14-03-2006 10:17:06

[quotebed9fe90b2="drunkmonkey"]
That's just misleading...which it seems Freepay has been guilty of quite a bit lately.
[/quotebed9fe90b2]

How so? Because we hope to have stuff in at a certain time? Is it wrong for us to hope and try to give others hope as well?

Jake

14-03-2006 10:18:08

[quotebe93ddd331="good2speed"]I will however repeat that the comp execs message was watered down and we really needed a response that addresses our (FIG and A4F) concerns.[/quotebe93ddd331]

I did make a statement to my superiors that the customers wanted answers to their specific questions as well.

We will see what they say.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 10:19:35

[quote6a0d73e241="good2speed"]

what are you crying for because you got lied to by a corporation. Obvioulsy Jake WORKS for this company and you are no one to judge his ethics. If they tell him to jump and they pay him well then it's his decision. I'm not going to be the one to tell Jake on how to ethically do his job. I will however repeat that the comp execs message was watered down and we really needed a response that addresses our (FIG and A4F) concerns.[/quote6a0d73e241]

I was NOT "crying" because I was lied to by a corporation, Ive worked for many corporations that BLATANTLY lied to their customers - Best Buy, Home Depot - just to name a few. I am NOT judging Jake's ethics, as I stated I said it was POOR COMPANY PRACTICE - where in my post did it read Jake is unethical because he lied for his company? I know he was told to do so, I know he did but that does not make Jake to be a bad person - I am just dissapointed that we were lied to in general. I end this argument here because I don't have time nor the patience at the moment for someone reading WAY to far into my posts.

WillTradeRefs

14-03-2006 10:20:34

[quoteddf331c167="batman129"]Interesting new investigation currently going on with Freepay now, too...

Check it out[=http//www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/031306InternetBreach.html]Check it out.[/quoteddf331c167]

K+ for the article

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 10:22:29

[quote3cbea66c48="Jake"][quote3cbea66c48="drunkmonkey"]
[/quote3cbea66c48]

How so? Because we hope to have stuff in at a certain time? Is it wrong for us to hope and try to give others hope as well?[/quote3cbea66c48]

Jake there's nothing wrong with that - I work on a deadline and if things are done by the deadline people get mad - if they see a month, a date they want it by then. We are all frustrated by the 360 ordeal but there is nothing more we can do THAN wait. I told myself May, no matter what the help section says - If I get it before then I am pleased. Good luck finding them - even Best Buy is still "officially" sold out and they are the authorized reseller.

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 10:24:01

[quote031443e055="Jake"][quote031443e055="drunkmonkey"]
[/quote031443e055]

How so? Because we hope to have stuff in at a certain time? Is it wrong for us to hope and try to give others hope as well?[/quote031443e055]

When you don't even have a source for the 360s...yes. Saying "we are unable to ship until X timeframe" leads people to believe that when "X" arrives, shipments will begin, hence, misleading.

good2speed

14-03-2006 10:33:25

[quote61c3a23018="egyptianruin"][quote61c3a23018="good2speed"]

what are you crying for because you got lied to by a corporation. Obvioulsy Jake WORKS for this company and you are no one to judge his ethics. If they tell him to jump and they pay him well then it's his decision. I'm not going to be the one to tell Jake on how to ethically do his job. I will however repeat that the comp execs message was watered down and we really needed a response that addresses our (FIG and A4F) concerns.[/quote61c3a23018]

I was NOT "crying" because I was lied to by a corporation, Ive worked for many corporations that BLATANTLY lied to their customers - Best Buy, Home Depot - just to name a few. I am NOT judging Jake's ethics, as I stated I said it was POOR COMPANY PRACTICE - where in my post did it read Jake is unethical because he lied for his company? I know he was told to do so, I know he did but that does not make Jake to be a bad person - I am just dissapointed that we were lied to in general. I end this argument here because I don't have time nor the patience at the moment for someone reading WAY to far into my posts.[/quote61c3a23018]

well it's obvious you have the time since you responded to my post in .2 seconds.

Whether or not you or someone else stated it directly I sense an indirect sniping at Jake. Like oh Jake lied to us and now I can't trust freepay. Boo hoo. What you've said about freepay being unethical has been repeated 10^900 times. All you've stated is that your upset at being lied to.
Jake is a liar (whether you are or not is irrelevant - just used for shock value).
There I said it. Now is this going to stop unknowing (non FIG) users stop using their site. Well no. Unless you make it your goal to spread this info of dishonesty. All you are saying that by being lied is that you won't do another freepay site. Oh well I guess freepay's ship has sunk.

Jake

14-03-2006 10:35:05

[quote5a8ffd4d7e="drunkmonkey"][quote5a8ffd4d7e="Jake"][quote5a8ffd4d7e="drunkmonkey"]
[/quote5a8ffd4d7e]

How so? Because we hope to have stuff in at a certain time? Is it wrong for us to hope and try to give others hope as well?[/quote5a8ffd4d7e]

When you don't even have a source for the 360s...yes. Saying "we are unable to ship until X timeframe" leads people to believe that when "X" arrives, shipments will begin, hence, misleading.[/quote5a8ffd4d7e]

At the same time, if you read about the amount of units being shipped out, it shouldn't come as any surprise that we can't get them. Hence, you should already know as much as we do.

They aren't around, period.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 10:36:03

[quote99126db3f4="batman129"]Interesting new investigation currently going on with Freepay now, too...

Check it out[=http//www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/031306InternetBreach.html]Check it out.[/quote99126db3f4]

Thanks Batman wink

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 10:37:56

[quotef29363dcc4="good2speed"]All you are saying that by being lied is that you won't do another freepay site. Oh well I guess freepay's ship has sunk.[/quotef29363dcc4]

Nope NEVER said that either in my post. Way to go for putting words in my mouth YET AGAIN. roll

Iloveipods2

14-03-2006 10:39:55

Anyone else find it ridiculous........

you're basing it off the statistic of what the actual number of people who complete an offer!!! not of how long it usually takes people to complete any given site!!!!!!!

Of course people the majority of people are drawn into completing their offer, then they realize that they have to refer people!!!! so obviously, you should base the lentgh of time to complete a site based on, say, how long it takes 90% of the accounts to finish a site.

I would understand if freepay was like "95% of our accounts are completed within 90 days" but that's not true. It's more like, "we're garunteed money from 93% of our signups within 90 days, most likely it takes 100 days for that 93% to finish the site" so let's screw them over and let them complete an offer and not finish the site.

Anyways, I know Jake, your on our side, but your superiors are going to see a decline in expected growth.

justinag06

14-03-2006 10:45:07

they may have already seen it

I mean this is thier way of clearing the catche, the giant pyramid thats been built up over the last year that they wont be able to afford to pay in 6 months when 75% of the people finish

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 10:46:05

[quoted491525201="Jake"][quoted491525201="drunkmonkey"][quoted491525201="Jake"][quoted491525201="drunkmonkey"]
[/quoted491525201]

How so? Because we hope to have stuff in at a certain time? Is it wrong for us to hope and try to give others hope as well?[/quoted491525201]

When you don't even have a source for the 360s...yes. Saying "we are unable to ship until X timeframe" leads people to believe that when "X" arrives, shipments will begin, hence, misleading.[/quoted491525201]

At the same time, if you read about the amount of units being shipped out, it shouldn't come as any surprise that we can't get them. Hence, you should already know as much as we do.

They aren't around, period.[/quoted491525201]

I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.

Jake

14-03-2006 10:50:16

[quotee89147bf13="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quotee89147bf13]

Ask him how he is getting them and how many he has shipped while you're at it.

Cow-Tipper

14-03-2006 10:50:44

Jake, what i dont understand it why you want to ship out 1 massive shipment of 360s, you dont save any money. You said yourself, you paid retail (IE what walmart/target etc pay) so why cant you make small shipments as you get 360s like train is doing. Thats just a suggestion.

good2speed

14-03-2006 10:53:31

[quote91974bb29b="egyptianruin"][quote91974bb29b="good2speed"]All you are saying that by being lied is that you won't do another freepay site. Oh well I guess freepay's ship has sunk.[/quote91974bb29b]

Nope NEVER said that either in my post. Way to go for putting words in my mouth YET AGAIN. roll[/quote91974bb29b]

so what are you saying that you will continue to do freepay's sites even though of their new policy and the fact that customers were blatantly lied to?

Now you may not state something directly but I'm smart enough to make an inference on the subject matter.

Whats the point of posting about unethical buisness practices if you don't expect change and have a general dissatisfaction with the company.

Like I said I can't quote you directly but its obvious from your posts that you are

a) upset of new policy.
b) really want an xbox
c) were upset at having freepay mislead there customers.

correct?

But I suppose it was wrong for me to assume that you will continue to pursue their site. Obviously you have an agenda by posting here. However you want to relay that to us is your choice. Now you can spice up your response and claim that what I said isn't true. Which is likely.
The reality is almost everyone in this thread has identical feelings. Don't believe me then search the other 3,000,000 threads started about bashing freepay's new policy.

Ok back to yoiur original post. Your post had no relevance. You weren't asking a specific question that even effects your account. You were just continuing a trend of exressing your viewpoints of freepay's policy and how it upsets you. Well congrats.

Youv'e won

absolutely nothing.

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 10:54:27

[quote3909a8adae="Jake"][quote3909a8adae="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quote3909a8adae]

Ask him how he is getting them and how many he has shipped while you're at it.[/quote3909a8adae]

Are you saying that [b3909a8adae]all[/b3909a8adae] of Trainn's orders through January don't add up to a sizable percentage of Freepay's orders? I find that hard to believe. I know you're a lot bigger, but I'd be willing to bet if you had shipped out as many as they have, people would be a little more at ease.

kposse77

14-03-2006 10:56:28

I think everyone needs to stop arguing semantics with each other. It's not going to help anything and the bottom line is that there's not a whole lot that's going to get accomplished.

We're obviously not the target audience for companies like Freepay so all the back-biting and complaining directed at Jake aren't going to influence whatever it is they decide to do at all. That's not to say that I don't think we have every right to bitch and moan that we haven't gotten stuff and that some of the stuff going on over there is questionable at the moment, just that making accusations about each others' character is counter-productive.

The article posted earlier is disturbing at best. +Karma for the enlightenment.

mykevermin

14-03-2006 10:57:23

[quote8bc6ce92af="good2speed"]Ok back to yoiur original post. Your post had no relevance. You weren't asking a specific question that even effects your account. You were just continuing a trend of exressing your viewpoints of freepay's policy and how it upsets you. Well congrats.[/quote8bc6ce92af]

Which, given this thread, is a perfectly relevant response. This appears to be a general thread about a policy that affected all users, not individual account anomalies.

good2speed

14-03-2006 11:03:29

[quotecacb726c50="mykevermin"][quotecacb726c50="good2speed"]Ok back to yoiur original post. Your post had no relevance. You weren't asking a specific question that even effects your account. You were just continuing a trend of exressing your viewpoints of freepay's policy and how it upsets you. Well congrats.[/quotecacb726c50]

Which, given this thread, is a perfectly relevant response. This appears to be a general thread about a policy that affected all users, not individual account anomalies.[/quotecacb726c50]

let me state it more clearly then

A question like

Can we signup aftert 90 day limit?
... related to new 90 day rule

is acceptable.

Maybe its just me but I'm just sick of all the crying and outpouring of emotion against freepay. We've bashed them since we've heard of their new policy. Yes Jake FIG members are upset at the company if ou weren;'t aware yet. The reason why Jake doesn't answer some of your questions is because you bombard him with questions and also want to express your inner thought of freepay.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 11:09:46

[i33a9287022]a) upset of new policy[/i33a9287022]
Not at all, I am working on the PS3 site and I still do trades with people on FreePay sites I have not completed yet. I am disgruntled with FreePay because of their customer service not because of this new policy.

[i33a9287022]b) really want an xbox[/i33a9287022]
Yes I am waiting on a 360, but guess what I already have one, I could care less when the other one comes as long as it does.

[i33a9287022]c) were upset at having freepay mislead there customers.[/i33a9287022]
I still am, Gratis has done some underhanded things to their customers Note The article on selling information to third parties. I have every right to be upset.

Tada! Didn't read much else of your post because I know you were talking about how whiney people are for being mad for very valid reasons.

mykevermin

14-03-2006 11:12:46

[quote0b8e57dbe8="good2speed"][quote0b8e57dbe8="mykevermin"][quote0b8e57dbe8="good2speed"]Ok back to yoiur original post. Your post had no relevance. You weren't asking a specific question that even effects your account. You were just continuing a trend of exressing your viewpoints of freepay's policy and how it upsets you. Well congrats.[/quote0b8e57dbe8]

Which, given this thread, is a perfectly relevant response. This appears to be a general thread about a policy that affected all users, not individual account anomalies.[/quote0b8e57dbe8]

let me state it more clearly then

A question like

Can we signup aftert 90 day limit?
... related to new 90 day rule

is acceptable.

Maybe its just me but I'm just sick of all the crying and outpouring of emotion against freepay. We've bashed them since we've heard of their new policy. Yes Jake FIG members are upset at the company if ou weren;'t aware yet. The reason why Jake doesn't answer some of your questions is because you bombard him with questions and also want to express your inner thought of freepay.[/quote0b8e57dbe8]

Watch your "you"s. I have a post count of two here, so I can't be accused of anything (yet).

The opacity of the company, especially in light of gaining knowledge that we were told to be lied to by Jake's management, is unnerving enough, IMO, to revist some of the discontent about FreePay at the moment.

I look at it this way

1) A comapny can be secretive
2) A company can have tumultuous times in which it is not fulfilling the services it promises
3) You can't be both #1 and #2 without arousing the suspicion of many people.

If FreePay was shipping items left and right, then any ambiguously-worded statement or policy would be a moot point. Since FreePay has been struggling (considerably, given the volume of complaints relative to "I got stuff" kinds of posts) to ship things out, the easiest thing they can do to quash all the complaining is to be more transparent as an organization. It seems to me that people are upset because of the sheer amount of confusion at the moment, coupled with FreePay's unclear responses and lack of shipping items.

It's perfectly reasonable, and if one considers how this trend can become a larger and larger problem over time, there is a considerably reduced incentive to finish their sites at all. They don't owe us anything so we can get stuff, but they ought to be more clear so that people's faith in them as a reliable company isn't shaken any more.

Cow-Tipper

14-03-2006 11:12:58

b) not everyone went out and bought a 360 becasue they see no need to end up having 2 and selling it at a loss

good2speed

14-03-2006 11:14:20

[quote79ec690410="egyptianruin"][i79ec690410]a) upset of new policy[/i79ec690410]
Not at all, I am working on the PS3 site and I still do trades with people on FreePay sites I have not completed yet. I am disgruntled with FreePay because of their customer service not because of this new policy.

[i79ec690410]b) really want an xbox[/i79ec690410]
Yes I am waiting on a 360, but guess what I already have one, I could care less when the other one comes as long as it does.

[i79ec690410]c) were upset at having freepay mislead there customers.[/i79ec690410]
I still am, Gratis has done some underhanded things to their customers Note The article on selling information to third parties. I have every right to be upset.

Tada! Didn't read much else of your post because I know you were talking about how whiney people are for being mad for very valid reasons.[/quote79ec690410]

[quote79ec690410="good2speed"] Obviously you have an agenda by posting here. However you want to relay that to us is your choice.
Now you can spice up your response and claim that what I said isn't true. Which is likely.[/size79ec690410][/color79ec690410]
.[/quote79ec690410]

owned...

I'm done with this. Might want to read through the rest of the post.

good2speed

14-03-2006 11:17:48

[quote59a7a32292="mykevermin"]

Watch your "you"s. I have a post count of two here, so I can't be accused of anything (yet).[/quote59a7a32292]

wasnt directed at you just some members here who bombard with questions.

I'll watch my use of you's when I direct quote again. Thx for the tip

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 11:17:58

roll Such a child. I was honest and forthright in my response to you

good2speed

14-03-2006 11:35:31

[quoteda34c9bd1d="egyptianruin"]roll Such a child. I was honest and forthright in my response to you[/quoteda34c9bd1d]

you responded with spice. Wasn't even sure if you were agreeing with me or not. Just loved your explanations. I'll even give you +kma for answering my post exactly as I imagined. Loved the breakdown.

[quoteda34c9bd1d="egyptianruin"]
a) upset of new policy
[/quoteda34c9bd1d]

so your happy about the new policy? indifferent?

b) really want an xbox
[/quoteda34c9bd1d]

so you do care that freepay ships out the 360's.

c) were upset at having freepay mislead there customers.
I still am, Gratis has done some underhanded things to their customers Note The article on selling information to third parties. I have every right to be upset.[/quoteda34c9bd1d]

Guess what I'm upset too. I just think that the more we complain here the further it drives Jake away. Jake doesn't want to deal with these questions. Put yourself in his shoes right now. If you feel upset and want to express your views then

1) right an enciteful well-thought out response to Freepay.
2) Get people to sign it digitally/scanned.
3) Then send it Jake and ask him to relay it to his superiors. Jake isn't here taking down notes on everything we say and it may be hard to accurately relay those feelings.
4) dont trust Jake ....send the same letter to Freepay Hq's and hope that its read

in the case 3 and 4 fail
5) Alert the press and start a smear campaign. Isn't Nytrate affiliated with the media? Where you at Nytrate?

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 11:50:52

You seem to confuse me with someone who cares about FreePay - I don't. I do their sites because I am familiar with them - just like I prefer shopping at Mars then I do Super Fresh - they all have the same thing just different prices and promotions. In my first post (which you found irrelevant) I was responding to someone that I doubt FreePay was going bankrupt because it seems they are hiring more people - how is THAT complaining about FreePay? Just maybe - MAYBE... YOU took out your anger regarding the whiney people on the wrong person.

Again

1. Don't care about new policy - Do care about FreePay's customer service responding to inquiries in a timely manner.

2. Your oringinal question was "really want an xbox?" My answer was no, I have one. I am answering yes to your second, more specific, question. I do care if they ship out 360's because I am processing for one. Will my life end if I do not get one? No.

3. Everyone is upset, Jake knows this - I don't personally blame Jake for anything. Jake is a representative of a company - he's not my friend, I don't know him personally, he doesn't need to be chummy with me and he needs to do what his company tells him - However I am a customer of a company that is displaying poor business practice. Right to be mad, yes. Am I showing it by posting "I WANT MY XBOX NOW! GIVE IT TO ME!" No. I know how to control my anger and I am a very patient individual.

Drummer16161616

14-03-2006 11:53:46

I still don't get what happens if we aren't approved and have to refer more friends. Do we resend in a form? Do we have an extension?

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 11:57:18

[quote3384f8d1b6="Drummer16161616"]I still don't get what happens if we aren't approved and have to refer more friends. Do we resend in a form? Do we have an extension?[/quote3384f8d1b6]

Im still waiting on that answer - since two of my refs DQ'd (although I still had enough referrals) Do I send in a new form? I doubt they offer an extension on it - I believe altogether you have 90 days to complete everything, thus the reasoning behind referring more than necessary - just in case.

I sent in a new form, acutally 3rd form, lol...to FreePay. I just can't seem to get a straight answer on whether or not a new form is needed if ANY refs DQ, even if you have more than enough. If I get an answer from CS I will let you know wink

good2speed

14-03-2006 12:19:04

[quote7a19ed8578="egyptianruin"] Just maybe - MAYBE... YOU took out your anger regarding the whiney people on the wrong person.
[/quote7a19ed8578]

nah I got the right person. Can't believe I just reread your posts. Was disturbing enough the first time but since you insist.

From all your posts all you do is complain about how it's wrong for a company to lie to their customers but at the same time you say you willingly do so at your retail job? Hypocrosy anyone? Were you expecting an apology from Jake?

[quote7a19ed8578="egyptianruin"]Jake, I understand you have to do what you are told - as I work in retail and many times I am prompted to "lie" to people. However that does not instill trust in your company, and puts to question all the things that have been said about FreePay - ie the 360 situation, iPods, the new 90 day policy and even if your company is going bankrupt. We all trusted you to be honest and fair with us. I am saddened by the fact that you were told to lie. [/color7a19ed8578] [/quote7a19ed8578]

[quote7a19ed8578="egyptianruin"]
Again

1. Don't care about new policy - Do care about FreePay's customer service responding to inquiries in a timely manner.[/quote7a19ed8578]

so your saying you dont care about the new forms.

I sent in my form for the PS3 and two of my refs were rejected. However I had 10/8 green, so now I have 8/8 green. However it still says I need to send in the form - is this a NEW form compared to the ones I sent in earlier - am I okay - I don't know... It still says I need to send in the form for approval but by turning two refs grey does that mean they got my initial form? Im so confused, should I or shouldn't I send in a NEW form now since I actually still MEET the requirements set forth?[/quote7a19ed8578]

seems your plenty confused and befuddled by the new policy and sending in forms. Now you can say it's customer service your upset at. However in reality its the new policy and having to send out the form that upsets you, as you wouldn't have this problem if we didn't have to send in forms and weren't constrained by time limitations.

2. Your oringinal question was "really want an xbox?" My answer was no, I have one. I am answering yes to your second, more specific, question. I do care if they ship out 360's because I am processing for one. Will my life end if I do not get one? No.[/quote7a19ed8578]

so you do agree with me let's get passed this one.
2+2 is still equal to 4.

3. Everyone is upset, Jake knows this - I don't personally blame Jake for anything. Jake is a representative of a company - he's not my friend, I don't know him personally, he doesn't need to be chummy with me and he needs to do what his company tells him - However I am a customer of a company that is displaying poor business practice. Right to be mad, yes. Am I showing it by posting "I WANT MY XBOX NOW! GIVE IT TO ME!" No. I know how to control my anger and I am a very patient individual.[/quote7a19ed8578]

once again are we even arguing on this point.

Sorry to pinpoint you specifically as I could have easily have selected someone else. Just wanted everyone in general to back off Jake as the more annoying we get the less and less we'll see of Jake, which I consider to be a bad thing.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 12:29:06

You win I quit this silly banter! Hope you had fun "picking out" and badgering a woman! WTG!

edit my spelling sucks today

grm

14-03-2006 12:33:20

Are you two done arguing? This is ridiculous. You are bashing each other!!

I think a mod should "Clean Up" this thread!

Point is, Freepay sucks right now. and Jake is relaying to us the sh!tty info his superiors are passing to him. Not his fault. Don't shoot the messenger!
Just pretty F'd up that some quality 'customers' of theirs can't get answers in a timely manner so that they can finish their requirements within their new timeframe!

-No prob here with the time limit (except on the higher ref sites) or with mailing in a form (although not "faster & easier" as Freepay says)

ajrock2000

14-03-2006 12:54:22

[quotea031ef9656="batman129"]Interesting new investigation currently going on with Freepay now, too...

Check it out[=http//www.northcountrygazette.org/articles/031306InternetBreach.html]Check it out.[/quotea031ef9656]

Wow...

[quotea031ef9656="Article"]The seven million files that Gratis sold to Datran is believed to be the largest deliberate breach of a privacy policy discovered by U.S. law enforcement to date.[/quotea031ef9656]

Indeed interesting...

kevxross

14-03-2006 13:01:44

Given this
[quoted43941e6d6]Gratis Internet, had assured consumers on several web sites it owned and operated that it would "never lend, sell or give out for any reason" the information provided by users.[/quoted43941e6d6]
I don't understand why Datran was prosecuted, but not Gratis. It seems Gratis was even more to blame for breaking their own Privacy Policy by selling the information, than Datran was for buying it.

egyptianruin

14-03-2006 13:03:18

[quotee77c2b82cd="kevxross"]Given this
[quotee77c2b82cd]Gratis Internet, had assured consumers on several web sites it owned and operated that it would "never lend, sell or give out for any reason" the information provided by users.[/quotee77c2b82cd]
I don't understand why Datran was prosecuted, but not Gratis. It seems Gratis was even more to blame for breaking their own Privacy Policy by selling the information, than Datran was for buying it.[/quotee77c2b82cd]
They are still investigating Gratis, who knows if they will prosocute or not in the future.

batman129

14-03-2006 13:03:44

Is it because we agree to the TOS, giving Gratis the OK to change them to whatever they want (possibly even allowing Gratis to share our private info)??

That would be pretty messed up...

NYCGrrl73

14-03-2006 13:09:16

Well, Trainn [b6e614b7be2]has[/b6e614b7be2] shipped more xbox360's than FreePay has, right? wink roll

[quote6e614b7be2="Jake"][quote6e614b7be2="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quote6e614b7be2]

Ask him how he is getting them and [b6e614b7be2]how many he has shipped while you're at it[/b6e614b7be2].[/quote6e614b7be2]

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 13:10:26

I heard Gratis didn't get prosecuted because they bribed everyone in the Attorney General's office with brand new Xbox 360s. They were actually ready to ship on Nov. 22, but this emptied their supply.

ajrock2000

14-03-2006 13:18:45

[quote0a1752c5de="drunkmonkey"]I heard Gratis didn't get prosecuted because they bribed everyone in the Attorney General's office with brand new Xbox 360s. They were actually ready to ship on Nov. 22, but this emptied their supply.[/quote0a1752c5de]

lol lol

kposse77

14-03-2006 13:25:12

[quote968777ae72="egyptianruin"]They are still investigating Gratis, who knows if they will prosocute or not in the future.[/quote968777ae72]

[b968777ae72]THIS IS PURE SPECULATION[/b968777ae72]
That would be a more sensible explaination of why we're not getting stuff than random crediting issues. Our free stuff is tied up in upcoming legal expenses. If Datran has to pay > $1.1m in fines, then Gratis Internet is probably going to be paying through the nose. It would also make sense that they HAVE to clear those records after 90 days.
[b968777ae72]/THIS IS PURE SPECULATION[/b968777ae72]

I could really use some good news from Freepay right about now.

theysayjump

14-03-2006 13:58:25

Yeah that article is/was pretty fucked up.

I wouldn't even bother trying to get answers about that if you/we can't get answers about the new policy.

I must say, it doesn't give me a whole lot of reassurance about Freepay. (

drunkmonkey

14-03-2006 14:05:20

Maybe A4F's demotion to "C" status wasn't all that crazy...

batman129

14-03-2006 14:07:00

[quote190c78fd0c="drunkmonkey"]Maybe A4F's demotion to "C" status wasn't all that crazy...[/quote190c78fd0c]
I think we know what we're doing over there, not to get off topic... roll

Jake

14-03-2006 14:25:17

[quote32704061c7="kposse77"]
I could really use some good news from Freepay right about now.[/quote32704061c7]

Our outstanding orders of iPods, Shuffles, Nanos, and Mac Minis will be fulfilled soon.

The order is finally on its way.

LeDog

14-03-2006 14:32:30

[quote8d46a48837="Jake"]

Our outstanding orders of iPods, Shuffles, Nanos, and Mac Minis will be fulfilled soon.

The order is finally on its way.[/quote8d46a48837]

cool! hopefully, I'm on the batch that will receive an ipod... I started processing today....

Drummer16161616

14-03-2006 15:05:53

[quote065e21bf0b="egyptianruin"][quote065e21bf0b="Drummer16161616"]I still don't get what happens if we aren't approved and have to refer more friends. Do we resend in a form? Do we have an extension?[/quote065e21bf0b]

Im still waiting on that answer - since two of my refs DQ'd (although I still had enough referrals) Do I send in a new form? I doubt they offer an extension on it - I believe altogether you have 90 days to complete everything, thus the reasoning behind referring more than necessary - just in case.

I sent in a new form, acutally 3rd form, lol...to FreePay. I just can't seem to get a straight answer on whether or not a new form is needed if ANY refs DQ, even if you have more than enough. If I get an answer from CS I will let you know wink[/quote065e21bf0b]

Aww thank you ) I'd like to know the answer hehe.

jy3

14-03-2006 15:37:12

just to shed light on a previous post of mine. I PMd jake about my concern over manual credit taking so long. He will be asking around to fix this problem. thanks again, jake

Rodney

14-03-2006 17:46:15

Heya Jake, will you guys be fixing the auto notification emails that go out that say

[quote87d3c9ee7c]Refer as many friends as you can! It's never too late[/quote87d3c9ee7c]

Other than that, I think you guys have done a good job at not "hiding" the new policy. It shows up when you signup, when you're logged in checking your status, etc.

crescendo

14-03-2006 23:12:46

[quote6a7e1f847e="Jake"][quote6a7e1f847e="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quote6a7e1f847e]

Ask him how he is getting them and how many he has shipped while you're at it.[/quote6a7e1f847e]

Just asked Alan via pm...

"Obviously it wouldn't be wise to shoot ourselves in the foot so I'm not going to give the supplier away, but to date we've shipped 142 Xbox 360 systems (thats orders from May to Jan 19th) and are receiving semi-regular weekly shipments of the system.

Alan"

To freepay's higherups (not Jake) - It may not be the 50% bundle you're looking for, but its more than 0!

iamzim

15-03-2006 08:55:09

I'm wondering how big this bundle of 360s freepay's waiting for is! I've been "processing" since 11/22. I started the trainn site, but decided to go with freepay (because I got my ipod and flatscreen from them) If only I'd have gone with the other site, I'd be playing my 360 right now. (

drunkmonkey

15-03-2006 09:28:59

[quotef7993e5969="crescendo"][quotef7993e5969="Jake"][quotef7993e5969="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quotef7993e5969]

Ask him how he is getting them and how many he has shipped while you're at it.[/quotef7993e5969]

"Obviously it wouldn't be wise to shoot ourselves in the foot so I'm not going to give the supplier away, but to date we've shipped 142 Xbox 360 systems (thats orders from May to Jan 19th) and are receiving semi-regular weekly shipments of the system.

Alan"

To freepay's higherups (not Jake) - It may not be the 50% bundle you're looking for, but its more than 0![/quotef7993e5969]

I must say, if Freepay had shipped 142 systems to date, I'd be very happy.

CollidgeGraduit

15-03-2006 09:52:48

[quote3820d0cca8="drunkmonkey"][quote3820d0cca8="crescendo"][quote3820d0cca8="Jake"][quote3820d0cca8="drunkmonkey"]
I'll get that info to Trainn, maybe they'll stop shipping once they find out.[/quote3820d0cca8]

Ask him how he is getting them and how many he has shipped while you're at it.[/quote3820d0cca8]

Alan"

To freepay's higherups (not Jake) - It may not be the 50% bundle you're looking for, but its more than 0![/quote3820d0cca8]

I must say, if Freepay had shipped 142 systems to date, I'd be very happy.[/quote3820d0cca8]

Honestly, for the small percentage of the freebie population that we represent, I doubt we would have heard about more than 10 people shipping.

drunkmonkey

15-03-2006 10:06:33

[quoteacf7c211ef="CollidgeGraduit"]Honestly, for the small percentage of the freebie population that we represent, I doubt we would have heard about more than 10 people shipping.[/quoteacf7c211ef]

Better than none.

Tholek

15-03-2006 12:34:35

I hope Jake (still) has a sense of humour...

http/" alt=""/img477.imageshack.us/img="477/2695/jake3os.gif[" alt=""/img6c100e01e8]

;)

Jake

15-03-2006 14:30:59

[quoted4e7cb989c="Tholek"]I hope Jake (still) has a sense of humour...

http/" alt=""/img477.imageshack.us/img="477/2695/jake3os.gif[" alt=""/imgd4e7cb989c]

;)[/quoted4e7cb989c]

lol

Buford T

21-03-2006 19:29:10

[b436108fe45]Freepay said[/b436108fe45]
[quote436108fe45]We did a survey and found that 93 percent of our users complete their offers within 90 days of opening their account — and a sizable majority of those users (about two-thirds) actually complete their offers within six weeks or less.[/quote436108fe45]

'Thanks' goes out to the assholes that took the survey.

90-day time limits, forms to send via snailmail, checking referrer's referrers, making you guess the powerball number, whatever. Nowhere does it say that they have to make this EASY for us. Why do they care if you have referrals DQ'd and your 90-day-period runs out? Why would they in their right minds allow you to have an extension? Or to start over again?

In the end, Freepay can do whatever they want, it is a business afterall. I'm pretty sure they're in this to make money, not to spread goodwill around the world through free iPods. If they make it harder to get things completed (and in turn receive free gear) then they make exponentially more cash. They were geniuses to start this marketing trend (a new-age pyramid scheme) and they're geniuses to slap on these new restrictions. I only wish they'd invite me over to swim in their pool filled with hundys, gulp Cristal by the bucketful, and race their Brinks trucks around the parking lot.

Lucky.

Tholek

23-03-2006 18:38:22

+KMA on that sig. )

chillywilly

23-03-2006 21:56:45

Finally got around to reading this thread and the answer posted by Jake from his superiors.

My question is this If Freepay is interested in helping the customer complete the site in less than 90 days, why the physical snailmail for the approval form? That seems to delay the process from what it used to be, which was all online.

I can actually live with the 90 days, as that seems to sync with profit projections. But forcing each and every user that completes the requirements to use Certified mail to send in a phyically printed out approval form, contradicts the "helping the customer" That's a big discouragement, IMO.

If people are not going to finish the site in 90 days, then they won't. But those who are serious about completing it, throwing in the "send in a printed approval form" sends the message to the customer from Freepay that "we really don't want you to get your prize anytime soon"

Sorry for the rant Jake, but can you explain why they made the decision away from all online approvals to a printed form that has to be sent in?

mpbollywoodking

24-03-2006 04:36:16

they want hard copies of approvals, rather than digital forms.

chillywilly

24-03-2006 08:19:27

[quote6f3feb0f9b="mpbollywoodking"]they want hard copies of approvals, rather than digital forms.[/quote6f3feb0f9b]
If it's for fraud reasons, I guess I can see that. But it adds that much more complexity and difficulty to completing the site. For some reason, I just see this as a reason to delay the time for you to get your prize.

chillywilly

24-03-2006 15:00:42

So I have a question about the following

[quotea8a08d2574="Jake"]As of March 1, 2006, and going forward, all accounts need to be completed within 90 days of being opened. If you have an older account, whether it was started a couple of months ago or several years ago, you have until June 1, 2006 (i.e., 90 days on from March 1) to complete your account. So far, no one seems to mind, as (like we said) the vast majority of our users complete their offers within 60 or so days, sometimes less.[/quotea8a08d2574]

What defines "complete your account"? Reading this, with emphasis on the "the vast majority of our users complete their offers within 60 or so days" statement, I would assume you need to get all of your offers done and credited along with the form sent to FreePay within the 90 day period.

I would assume this doesn't included actually getting the gift, since the PS3 hasn't shipped yet and there are still backorder issues with the XBox 360.

But does the 90 days include the 4 weeks that Freepay takes after they get the printed form? If it does, then that really means you only have 60 days or less to find your refs and get offers done.

Without clarification, I'm assuming that if it clicks over to 91 days and Freepay hasn't approved you yet, you are not getting your gift.

Yet another question I would like to see answered.