DS received from DS4FREE!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=7606

PodTopia

02-03-2005 13:07:20

I got my DS today from DS4FREE!!! I'm too lazy to post pics, plus my digicam is old. It looks pretty cool, BUT.....I'm getting a PSP too. Does anyone think I should keep the DS or should I just get the PSP? I could keep both.....

Stanleychs1437

02-03-2005 13:17:45

psp all the way!

PodTopia

02-03-2005 13:31:26

Well, I'm obviously getting the PSP. The question is whether or not to return the DS and use the $$ to buy PSP games...

ougijoe

02-03-2005 13:33:53

that's a dang good idea!!!

PodTopia

02-03-2005 13:39:51

Well, have you ever played with a DS? I'm looking to get this from someone with experience. I think I got the DS to quell my needs before I got the PSP (this 21 day, (3 week), period that remains until my PSP comes). I also got it because I have a feeling that there'll be tons of people with Nintendo DS' and tons with PSPs, and I wanted to mesh with both ). I opened the box, but I took a picture of how everything was laid out so I know I can return it. Can someone speak to me from experience?

ougijoe

02-03-2005 13:44:35

My roommate has a DS, and he's even said he's going out and buying a PSP when it comes out. How's that?

PodTopia

02-03-2005 14:04:41

It's good, but ask him if he's enjoying it. It seems to be quite a cool gizmo. I CAN have both, it's just a matter of whether or not I should return the DS for game $$.

snowboarderchck5

02-03-2005 15:13:17

Eh my friend has a ds.... not that many good games out yet... so i'd sell it.

ENGRDawg

02-03-2005 15:16:27

if you sell it before the PSP comes out you might get a better price for it. just a thought.

PodTopia

02-03-2005 15:41:36

Yes, I opened it and checked out all the factory packaging and thought it was pretty cool. I know I'm getting a PSP anyway, so I thought I might keep it. Then I logged on to IGN here http//media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682967/img="s_1.html to see Ridge Racer PSP images versus the Nintendo DS Ridge Racer http//media.ds.ign.com/media/704/704841" alt=""/imgs_1.html. Now really . I knew the PSP was better, but that much better??? That's not even fair anymore. I think I've made up my mind. The DS is more of a "toy" with its touch screen, while the PSP is more of an adult kind of thing. Yes, admittedly the touch screen is cool, but the PSP package is SO MUCH MORE with such better games and graphics. Well, bye bye DS and Super Mario 64, I loved you while I had you.....
But now I'll have Need For Speed Underground Rivals, The GodFather, and whatever Grand Theft Auto they choose to release for the PSP. I guess Coded Arms would be good to buy with the $50 I have left over from OddTech4Free.

PoPoJiJo

02-03-2005 16:04:33

As a classic nintendo fan I love the DS but I have to admit while I feel the DS is more creative then the PSP in many different ways the graphics and capabilitys of the PSP destroy the DS. Hey I mean you can put movies on to a memory stick and watch watch em now thats awesome. However the PSP games are more expensive then the DS's Avg. game prices $20-40 where as PSP $40-50 and since the DS only cost $150 new and the PSP is $250 new(sorry $400 w/ 3 games). At that price difference you have to expect a huge difference in graphic quality. So if you sell your DS the max games you will be able to get for it is 3 but only 2 if you include tax. Well if you have any more ?'s about things I didnt cover just ask. Also I forgot yes nintendo is known to have more kiddy games but dont forget they created metal gear solid, Zelda series, and Viewtiful Joe not to mention any # of awesome games.
Here are a couple of good game sites if you want more info
www.gamefaq.com
www.ebgames.com
Hope that helps
popo

TheFellatingBeefalo

02-03-2005 21:47:21

I just got the DS today as well from OfferCentric, and I should have my 5 refs for the PSP as well. I'll end up keeping both systems, actually. [I collect gaming systems and old, new, and rare games.]

One of the great things for me about the DS is that it's "wife-friendly", especially with the stylus. In fact, I'm getting another from FreeGamingSystems for my wife since she likes mine so much. The DS with a copy of Mario DS and Feel the Magic should keep us occupied for a while. Since I also don't have an Advance SP, I think it's a worthwhile system to keep. I just wish it could play Game Boy Color games -- that's my only real gripe.

abrock124

08-03-2005 21:05:40

I am almost done with DS4FREE.com, just one more green. Almost done with freepsps.com too. So i will soon have a ds and psp. I am new to all these free sites and the idea of having both of those is good enough for me. i am excited about it. But i will probably end up selling the DS on ebay or something. I am getting 3 psp games for just 4 referrals on phreepsps.com so i think i will be good to go on the psp for awhile. I cant wait. There was no point to any of this. Sorry to waste your time. Ha

kaymin

09-03-2005 00:05:19

i'll be selling my free ipod I just finished to pay for free psp games and games for the free ds i already have

Tib

09-03-2005 09:19:15

[quotec7ef1176aa="PodTopia"]Yes, I opened it and checked out all the factory packaging and thought it was pretty cool. I know I'm getting a PSP anyway, so I thought I might keep it. Then I logged on to IGN here http//media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682967/img="s_1.html to see Ridge Racer PSP images versus the Nintendo DS Ridge Racer http//media.ds.ign.com/media/704/704841" alt=""/imgs_1.html. Now really . I knew the PSP was better, but that much better??? That's not even fair anymore. I think I've made up my mind. The DS is more of a "toy" with its touch screen, while the PSP is more of an adult kind of thing. Yes, admittedly the touch screen is cool, but the PSP package is SO MUCH MORE with such better games and graphics. Well, bye bye DS and Super Mario 64, I loved you while I had you.....
But now I'll have Need For Speed Underground Rivals, The GodFather, and whatever Grand Theft Auto they choose to release for the PSP. I guess Coded Arms would be good to buy with the $50 I have left over from OddTech4Free.[/quotec7ef1176aa]

wow thanks for posting links to those images. I was thinking of keeping both when I do ds4free but now i'll definitly be selling it. I'm processing for my psp like everyone else. I CAN'T WAIT for the PSP it's going to be incredible!

ragefu

12-03-2005 15:25:09

The ridge racer comparison isn't really fair, obviously multiplatform games you should get for PSP. I would just keep both if I were you since they're both free. There will be plenty of good games for both.

Keep in mind that the DS has about twice the battery life of the PSP, it flips closed, games are cheaper for it, it has Nintendo 1st party support, and system is cheaper(not really a factor except that its worth less in trade-in). I'm not a huge DS supporter but since they're free, there aren't too many must have games for either system, and you should give it more time before you pull the plug on the DS.

EatChex89

12-03-2005 20:06:09

return the DS and use the $$ to get games for the PSP!! w00t

J4320

12-03-2005 22:24:26

Ugh... The DS reminds me of a bulky 80's toy. I hate them. Get rid of it. Get some nice $$$ off of it for something else.

easportsea

14-03-2005 20:16:01

ds is a piece of garbage. nintendo really messed this one up. go with the psp.

sunnyd1525

15-03-2005 13:48:46

I have to agree. Sell the DS for $$ and get PSP games when they come out...