HELP!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4350

phorty

29-12-2004 09:24:01

[censored]

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 09:48:58

For some reason I highly doubt you are working 29 hour days in a bakery....and your spelling ("oppertunity"), grammar and stylistic coherence puzzle me. I really don't know whether to believe you or not, but I think the story is a bit suspect to say the least.

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 09:50:47

By the way...double post & wrong forum.

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:00:17

Yea i dunno... seems kinda suspicious. and the only way you're going to get greens is by ASKING your friends..

Oh and that was stupid of you joining a club for $100 AND giving your checking account to somone you DONT know.. have you ever read the internet rules of safety??

Second, get a better job than at the bakery.. i mean come on there are higher paying jobs with less hours at other facilites.. why choose a bakery?

Internet Rules
http//www.safekids.com/child_safety.htm

I especially enjoyed
[quoted34a09fff8="Internet Rules"][bd34a09fff8]7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.[/bd34a09fff8][/quoted34a09fff8]

I guess password can also apply to CHECKING ACCOUNT. That was your first big mistake... come on you should know better.

phorty

29-12-2004 10:00:49

sorry about that..im a lil messed up off of cofee...my daily nutrition,haha
honestly, if you dont believe me you can check me out anyway you can i work at mondellos bakery in bluepoint longisland new york my managers name is giovanni sudano, they dont have a website but uhm anymore info i can give yout o prove that im sincere id be glad tog ive...by the way , sorry about the spelling i thought most everybody would understand it, i didnt have time to spell check it, sorry again, yes i know it sounds supicious and thats ebcause it is completely RIDICULOUS!
But anyway if i can save one peson from signing up with isaveclub than thats more than enough for that problem...

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:02:24

why the hell did you sign up with the isaveclub in the first place?

phorty

29-12-2004 10:02:57

[quote8d7a163ae2="EatChex89"]Yea i dunno... seems kinda suspicious. and the only way you're going to get greens is by ASKING your friends..

Oh and that was stupid of you joining a club for $100 AND giving your checking account to somone you DONT know.. have you ever read the internet rules of safety??

Second, get a better job than at the bakery.. i mean come on there are higher paying jobs with less hours at other facilites.. why choose a bakery?

Internet Rules
http//www.safekids.com/child_safety.htm

I especially enjoyed
[quote8d7a163ae2="Internet Rules"][b8d7a163ae2]7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.[/b8d7a163ae2][/quote8d7a163ae2]

I guess password can also apply to CHECKING ACCOUNT. That was your first big mistake... come on you should know better.[/quote8d7a163ae2]

your basolutely right, but th bakery is owned by a friend of the family and well...im a highly gullable person when it comes to deals like that...i knwo, you dont need to reinforce the fact that im an idiot...help anyone?

jadem

29-12-2004 10:03:04

I can't continue to read the posts. With every "," in place of proper punctuation, a little piece of me dies. Also, if you're paying that much for your education I urge you to actually learn.

What are you majoring in?

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:04:39

okay so i just went to the www.isaveclub.com website

and why would you pay $20 (or $100 in your case) for a FREE iPod... at least that's what they're promoting...

phorty

29-12-2004 10:05:04

[quoted9396be1e3="EatChex89"]why the hell did you sign up with the isaveclub in the first place?[/quoted9396be1e3]

they were offering a free ipod giveaway with the signup fee.....it all turne dout to be just a referal link to someones freeipods account...if you dont believe me ill POST the damn username/password i have for isaveclub...i dont mind, you cant misuse it in anyway, theers nothing you CAN do with it anyways!

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:06:08

why pay for something FREE!!!!!!!!

phorty

29-12-2004 10:07:26

[quote20d2c9b7ac="jadem"]I can't continue to read the posts. With every "," in place of proper punctuation, a little piece of me dies. Also, if you're paying that much for your education I urge you to actually learn.

What are you majoring in?[/quote20d2c9b7ac]

Honestly. After going without sleep for two days straight cut me some slack.

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 10:08:33

Clearly not English. Freshman year my professor ripped my comma splices to shreds. Gave anyone with 4 or more grammar/spelling mistakes a D, and your grading started from there. Needless to say I got a D- on my first paper, but it was good for me because I am a much better writer now and ended up with a B- for the year and earned an A (A+ is not part of the grading system) in English 102. )

phorty

29-12-2004 10:08:34

I didnt know it was going to be a referal link to freeipods... i thought it was just a tie-in inscentive...

phorty

29-12-2004 10:09:44

Cmon guys!
How has this entire convo become about my grammer?

I NEED HELP!

MSX

29-12-2004 10:12:12

Ok sure, I'd like to see the website login.

I don't know why...personal entertainment?

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 10:13:04

grammarli ;) Well I don't know what to tell you, if you're a college student you should have learned by now to be more cautious, especially with the internet.

Wow, $100 to give people my referral link, I'd be so rich.

jadem

29-12-2004 10:15:57

You want help, that's all great. However, many people online are leary of helping people that they don't think they can trust. Case in point

It is illegal for anyone to be forced to work 29 straight hours in the United States. Also, if that's what you normally work, how do you take classes? If you're hurting that badly financially, why not go to a smaller, less expensive college? What about student loans?

There are so many "ifs" in your story that we are lead to believe that you're just hounding for referrals.

About the grammAr I pick on grammar because I graduated college with an English degree. It's my forte. I don't believe that ANY college would let someone graduate, let alone pass, basic classes with grammar like yours. Maybe you save it for the internet, but I value good grammar highly because it speaks of intelligence. I don't tend to trust people with bad grammar.

Before you start bitching at us for not believing you, take a look at WHY we don't believe you. If you're old enough to go to college, you're old enough to look up information on a company before you submit personal information. This is the digital age and there are so many scam artists out there that it's unbelievable to us that someone would (I hate to say it...) stupidly give out that kind of information!

So, cut US some slack.

Edited after read-through.

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:15:58

offers ... i think i'm going to start something like that...

thats kinda cool. i mean yea... i could be rich and have a bunch of free stuff..

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:18:07

[quote1ade282a3f="jadem"]You want help, that's all great. However, many people online are leary of helping people that they dont' think they can trust. Case in point

It is illegal for anyone to be forced to work 29 straight hours in the United States. Also, if that's what you normally work, how do you take classes? If you're hurting that badly financially, why not go to a smaller, less expensive college? What about student loans?

There are so many "ifs" in your story, that we are lead to believe that you're just hounding for referrals.

About the grammAr I pick on grammar because I graduated college with an English degree. It's my forte. I don't believe that ANY college would let someone graduate, let alone pass, basic classes with grammar like yours. Maybe you save it for the internet, but I value good grammar highly because it speaks of intelligence. I don't tend to trust people with bad grammar.

Before you start bitching at us for not believing you, take a look at WHY we don't believe you. If you're old enough to go to college, you're old enough to look up information on a company before you submit personal information. This is the digital age and there are so many scam artists out there that it's unbelievable to us that someone would (I hate to say it...) stupidly give out that kind of information!

So, cut US some slack.[/quote1ade282a3f]

very well said jadem..

give me the number to your bakery and i'll call asking for you.. see if you REALLY work there..

and give me the login to that place.. i want to check it out, for um... personal reasons <_< >_>

lol

phorty

29-12-2004 10:20:21

[quote61a20fbc43="jadem"]You want help, that's all great. However, many people online are leary of helping people that they don't think they can trust. Case in point

There are so many "ifs" in your story that we are lead to believe that you're just hounding for referrals.

So, cut US some slack.

Edited after read-through.[/quote61a20fbc43]

1ST OFF, i get paid off the books, because i need the extra money, second off, im on winte rbreak so there is no school right now, third off no freaking way, its all about reputation in this society, better college, better job, period.

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:21:51

well one thing's for sure

you didn't get a scholarship... lmao

phorty

29-12-2004 10:22:14

wow, thanks guys this was really worth it...alright, i didnt expect much helpp from much anyone anyway...thanks for some help i guess, god bless

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:23:32

[quotef50bb3c57e="phorty"]wow, thanks guys this was really worth it...alright, i didnt expect much helpp from much anyone anyway...thanks for some help i guess, god bless[/quotef50bb3c57e]

your welcome... lol 8)

EatChex89

29-12-2004 10:27:46

okay i just realized...

the isaveclub has NO terms and conditions... before joining a website similar to this, one should always read the terms and conditions. Also, one should become VERY suspicious about the site and its legitimacy when they find out there are NO terms and conditions.

Without terms and conditions there is now nothing you can do about it phorty; you can not sue, or take any legal action. Joining was all on you. You were never forced to join. Sure, there is nothing saying that they would give you a referral link to freeipods, but there isn't anything saying they wouldn't either.

So, sorry, but you're screwed.

Redundancy

29-12-2004 11:44:00

Even if you did need help... there's really no way you can get anyone to sign up as one of your referrals here because everyone here already has an account and everyone here is looking for referrals too. If you're looking for referrals here, you'll have a hard time.

Thanks for the warning about that scam company though.

l0th

29-12-2004 12:58:01

hey freeoffers, where do you go to college? Syracuse?

pcmsurf

29-12-2004 14:10:43

you want a handout for your own stupidity ?

you dont need an ipod or a pity party

everyone on this site whos gotten an ipod deserves it because they worked for it

if you live on campus and want something

STEAL IT theres so much stuff on my campus to be stolen its not even funny

l0th

29-12-2004 14:35:49

same on mine.

Actually there were people who stole a pretty neat $3,000 digital projector from one of the classrooms (it was screwed on the ceiling). Two days later there was a brand new one ready to go.

If you can't find an iPod to steal on your wealthy campus (I assume it's wealthy from what you're telling us about the tuition), transfer to Duke they give an iPod to all incoming students

http//www.duke.edu/ipod/[]http//www.duke.edu/ipod/

Just don't choose English as a major, I think they won't accept you.

EatChex89

29-12-2004 14:54:54

wow thats cool a free ipod for going to college... lol

itd be even cooler if you got a scholarship and then transferred...

but yea just steal from your college and sell it if you're that desperate

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 21:17:48

[quote44798e9bf9="EatChex89"]wow thats cool a free ipod for going to college... lol[/quote44798e9bf9]

A great many schools offer free laptops to incoming students, probably many more than you think. The iPod is an incentive...a laptop actually has some academic value )

l0th, I am a sophomore at St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY. It's about 80 miles west of Syracuse. I did get accepted to Syracuse University, but their programs aren't as well regarded as they were in the past. I know far too many people with 4 year degrees from SU that are sitting around doing nothing.

EDIT To address phorty's 29-hour shifts...I regret to inform you, but it's actually not possible. Here's why

Key
H = Hours
D = Days
W = Wage Rate
L = Labor Hours
E = Earned Wages

There are 168 hours in a standard week. (24H x 7D = 168H).

Assuming you work 5 days a week, you would be working 145 hours per week. (5D x 29H = 145L)

Working 145 hours per week at a wage rate of $5.00 per hour (tax free), you would earn $725 each pay period (unless of course you are paid bi-weekly, in which case you would earn $1450 each pay period). ($5W x 145L = $725E)

Looking at the data, you would have 23 hours per week outside of work. ((168H - 145H)/7D = (23H)/7D = 3.3H) Assuming you have no commute, and fall asleep within a few minutes of the end of your shift, this would give you roughly 3.3 hours of sleep per night. Your body could function only a few days under these conditions, after which you would lose the capacity to perform even the simplest of mental tasks…regardless of your brain's attempt to overcome sleep.

Now please, take your dramatically exaggerated (if not entirely fabricated) story elsewhere.

techdude05

29-12-2004 22:46:16

[quote66c31d6fda="FreeOffersNow"]Assuming you have no commute, and fall asleep within a few minutes of the end of your shift, this would give you roughly 3.3 hours of sleep per night. Your body could function only a few days under these conditions, after which you would lose the capacity to perform even the simplest of mental tasks…regardless of your brain's attempt to overcome sleep.[/quote66c31d6fda]

woah!!! looks like somebody took Advanced Placement Psychology in high school!

FreeOffersNow

29-12-2004 22:59:18

;)

EatChex89

30-12-2004 08:45:44

[quote2450c3b991="techdude05"][quote2450c3b991="FreeOffersNow"]Assuming you have no commute, and fall asleep within a few minutes of the end of your shift, this would give you roughly 3.3 hours of sleep per night. Your body could function only a few days under these conditions, after which you would lose the capacity to perform even the simplest of mental tasks…regardless of your brain's attempt to overcome sleep.[/quote2450c3b991]

woah!!! looks like somebody took Advanced Placement Psychology in high school![/quote2450c3b991]

daaaaang. yea seriously....

i didn't even understand the math problems -P

FreeOffersNow

30-12-2004 10:09:22

hahahah the moron took out his post...I wish I had saved it somewhere (

phorty
http//sweb.uky.edu/~jdbroc2/fistlock.jpg[" alt=""/img134a49047a]