Cheque received from i-Deal (ConsumerSavingsCentre)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=39642

theysayjump

20-05-2006 12:47:47

$100. evil

[quotef4219cf418]Thank you for participating in ConsumerSavingsCentre Plasma vs LCD site. Please be advised that you are not eligible to receive the free gift because either you or the person you referred was in violation of the Terms and Conditions. However, because you successfully completed the required number of sponsor offers, as a consolation prize, we would like to offer you the enclosed check for $100.00 -- $50.00 [if4219cf418]more[/if4219cf418] than you are entitled to under the Terms and Conditions.

Please note that by cashing the check, you agree that you have been made whole and relinquish your rights to pursue any and all remedies against ConsumerSavingsCentre.com, Bullseye Media, it's parent, successors and assigns.

If you have any questions, please contact us at

ConsumerSavingsCentre.com
Bullseye Media
PO Box 92
Millersburg, PA 17061

Sincerely, ConsumerSavingsCentre.com Customer Service Team[/quotef4219cf418]

MyungChunHa

20-05-2006 12:53:45

Wow, that's cheap as shit man, do you even know what rule you broke or if you even broke one at all?

I'd assume that they are just saying that to avoid sending you a plasma x ....

It's not even my situation and I'm pissed at what they did to you....Congrats though, 100 is better than 0 shrug ...

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 12:55:52

GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

theysayjump

20-05-2006 12:57:59

If it was me who violated the rules, they wouldn't have sent me shit.

I think they're bullshitting. My ref was approved just before I was and I've been waiting for 11 weeks. No changes to either of our accounts, he still shows up as approved and Trish was telling me I'd be receiving something within the next weeks.

I guess she knew what was coming.

Can you figure out what WON'T be getting cashed?

UniPrize Media

20-05-2006 12:58:12

Did your account show that you violated any terms? This just seems like they are BSing you and to not complain.

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 12:59:25

Cash it and file a lawsuit...

theysayjump

20-05-2006 13:03:36

[quotef5c98b1bbe="ulenie"]Did your account show that you violated any terms? This just seems like they are BSing you and to not complain.[/quotef5c98b1bbe]

Nope, my account, as well as my refs account still shows me as approved.

[quotef5c98b1bbe="Wolfeman"]Cash it and file a lawsuit...[/quotef5c98b1bbe]

It says if I cash it that I give up the right to, which is why I'm not cashing it.

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 13:05:04

[quoteef1633f725="theysayjump"][quoteef1633f725="Wolfeman"]Cash it and file a lawsuit...[/quoteef1633f725]

It says if I cash it that I give up the right to, which is why I'm not cashing it.[/quoteef1633f725]
Thats just a tactic but I guess be safe rather than sorry. Why can't these companies just be honest instead of fucking people over?

theysayjump

20-05-2006 13:11:56

Now I understand why Trish ignored my proposal to come over here and answer questions.

UniPrize Media

20-05-2006 13:11:57

[quote0ae05a9dce="Wolfeman"][quote0ae05a9dce="theysayjump"][quote0ae05a9dce="Wolfeman"]Cash it and file a lawsuit...[/quote0ae05a9dce]

It says if I cash it that I give up the right to, which is why I'm not cashing it.[/quote0ae05a9dce]
Thats just a tactic but I guess be safe rather than sorry. Why can't these companies just be honest instead of fucking people over?[/quote0ae05a9dce]

They are basically threatening him by saying take this or you get nothing and not to ask any questions.

Wolfeman

20-05-2006 13:13:33

I'll sue if they try to give me $100. I got nothing else to do...

Berky34

20-05-2006 14:03:54

well this doesnt look like good news for the people that did the e-research group plasma...

YourGiftsFree

20-05-2006 14:09:56

That is unbelievable. They are practically begging you not to sue.

dmorris68

20-05-2006 14:13:57

That's not good. I'm anxious to see if many other people get the same thing. As many of us as there are waiting, no way they would dare do this to everybody, because then it'll be obvious and they'll put themselves in a precarious legal position, what with all of us talking to each other.

I have to ask do you know your ref, and can you be sure they didn't dupe an offer or something? Like you said, if it were you who was in violation, they would probably told you, and surely wouldn't have given you $100, so there's a chance it really was your ref. I guess we won't know for sure until other people start getting TV's/Checks or get DQ'd.

justinag06

20-05-2006 14:16:57

my ref wants to organize a class action lawsuit if it comes to that

anyhow that sucks bro

theysayjump

20-05-2006 14:21:24

I don't know for sure, but he's still showing up as approved.

I got my ref from this forum and they were last on a couple of days ago so I'm going to PM them and see what they say.

artvandelay

20-05-2006 14:36:13

Hey, I am TSJ's referral. I did NOT do anything against their TOS, so that is complete BS that they dq'd him. I have not heard anything from them yet, so we will see if this is just their way of getting out of paying whats owed.

dmorris68

20-05-2006 15:36:40

By chance could it be something like doing Cosmetique + Energy Vitale, or 2 TrimLife offers? Remember, these are hard to sometimes recognize being from the same company, and it's a violation to complete 2 offers from the same company within 6 months.

Just a thought, since some people said they did both Cosm + EV and got credit for both -- maybe I-Deal does a final validation check like Freepay, and they caught the folks doing that?

At least I'll know for certain when my turn is up, because I know the offers I did, and my ref told me the offers he did, and there were NO duplicates between companies.

I dunno, I'm just trying to find a rationale for the DQ. Perhaps there is none and they are really being dishonest, but it's just my nature not to jump to conclusions until I know all the details myself...

artvandelay

20-05-2006 16:45:19

Yeah, thats what I think happened. I just dont see how they can approve us for 11 weeks, then all of a sudden determine we broke the TOS. However, I cant confirm that I have been DQ'd, as they have not notified me as of yet. Just know that I feel terrible for screwing TSJ out of a plasma, and I wish the best of luck to everyone else.

icojones

20-05-2006 16:53:32

If you cash it without explicitly signing something that waives your right to sue (assuming that the waiver is not printed on the check), then you can go ahead and sue your heart out, with any judgement in your favor being reduced by the amount already received.

Make sure to make a copy of the check, as the company's checking account # and routing # will be helpful to you if you need to enforce a judgement.

dmorris68

20-05-2006 17:09:00

[quotef940fe296e="artvandelay"]Yeah, thats what I think happened. I just dont see how they can approve us for 11 weeks, then all of a sudden determine we broke the TOS. However, I cant confirm that I have been DQ'd, as they have not notified me as of yet. Just know that I feel terrible for screwing TSJ out of a plasma, and I wish the best of luck to everyone else.[/quotef940fe296e]
Ouch. I hate it for you and TSJ, but that's a clear violation. Not sure you'd have a case. They aren't obligated to update their site, and I-Deal typically isn't that great at site maintenance. While doing so would be a sign of good customer service, I don't think anybody's ever accused them of having good customer service. However, bad CS doesn't make the scammers -- it's still too early for that judgement. We need to see some more payouts (or not) to be closer to making that call.

The only thing you might be able to argue is that the two offers (assuming we're talking Cosmetique and Energy Vitale) were not terribly liobviousli as being the same company. I almost did EV too after doing Cosm, and only stopped when I noticed the mention of Cosmetique in the copyright notice on the bottom of the page. The different TrimLife offers are a little more obvious, though.

Here's where it pays to be extremely anal retentive like I am, and very careful to not give them an out. We'll see though if it truly pays off once I get to my CSC outcome... )

Berky34

20-05-2006 23:29:17

[quote34ff9dcefb="duh"]congrats[/quote34ff9dcefb]
lol no

tjwor

21-05-2006 01:54:27

this sucks that you guys aren't getting the things, but it is times like this that I am glad I got screwed out of that $50 from ideal... kept me from doing probably 4-5 other ideal sites like this one....

I hope you win your settlement... I need to file my poll prize soon!!!

theysayjump

21-05-2006 11:29:53

There's nothing I can do.

Apparently everyone else will be getting their TV's/Cheques and I'm not getting shit, because my ref accidentally did more than one offer from the same company.

So of course instead of telling me this, they decided to keep it quiet, therefore DQ'ing me and not having to send out another TV/Cheque.

gnznroses

21-05-2006 11:36:04

we need to ask people who did get a tv/check rather they did the same thing. cause i think a lot of people did two offers from one company. i don' think i did but it's hard to tell.

theysayjump

21-05-2006 12:02:40

Well if people can list the offers they did, it's pretty easy (at least for me) to figure out if any two offers are from the same company.

KeithA

21-05-2006 13:30:17

What was your total investment in the site?

theysayjump

21-05-2006 13:43:33

About $50 on offers, an unknown amount of time trying to take care of the Conga.

As well as having to go the Library, print the forms out, walk tot he post office and mail them, then have to do the same when they asked for extra information. Maybe about $12 on shipping. shrug

KeithA

21-05-2006 13:54:06

That's bad, but not quite as bad as I expected. At least the cash investment was minimal, but all the time and effort for such a weak payout really sucks.

Is Trish active at A4F? No matter how you get in touch with her, maybe she can help.

theysayjump

21-05-2006 13:58:47

Yeah she's back tomorrow.

It aggravates me even more the fact that they had me jumping through hoops for them, giving them everything they asked for (and more) but leave me waiting for 11 weeks before I find out my ref fucked up, and now everyone else is gonna be getting their TV's/Cheques.

I'm gonna PM her and ask if I can get another ref or do more offers or something because it's pretty fucking lame they way they handled this.

EDIT It was actually nearer $70 on offers since 3 didn't credit and I did an extra one on the wrong page by accident.

gnznroses

21-05-2006 14:36:00

i pm'd two people who got stuff to see if they did duplicate offers. no replies yet.

gnznroses

21-05-2006 14:43:31

got a response from gregcool. he did both cosmetique offers and was approved on both. he got a $2000 check quite a while back

UberVash

21-05-2006 14:51:21

This is kinda why I steer clear of DIY sites.

Also, because I've signed up on so many that I don't know which I didn't sign up at. S

Sorry dude.

theysayjump

21-05-2006 15:40:03

[quote9386fe1d29="gnznroses"]got a response from gregcool. he did both cosmetique offers and was approved on both. he got a $2000 check quite a while back[/quote9386fe1d29]

Are you shitting me?

bonehead848

21-05-2006 16:52:00

[quotef4993b831a="theysayjump"][quotef4993b831a="gnznroses"]got a response from gregcool. he did both cosmetique offers and was approved on both. he got a $2000 check quite a while back[/quotef4993b831a]

Are you shitting me?[/quotef4993b831a]
So this is good then! This hopefully shows that they really have no reason to dq so we might have a much better case right?

JUNIOR6886

21-05-2006 17:30:55

not really just because someone who was in violation of ideals terms got their gift doesnt mean ideal has to let you slide either.

for example some people used "illegitimate" nuitech site links and got their gift. But quite a few others got DQ and didnt get shit.

TSJ isnt the first person this happened to. On another forum (not a4f or scam) quite a number of people only got $50 from ideal with a letter saying their ref fucked up shrug

ajrock2000

21-05-2006 17:56:46

What bugs me about this is that it doesn't even say this in their official terms. It says it on the bottom of your account page. I read the terms and conditions before signing up for an iDeal site, and I was confused as to why people were saying this, until I read the bottom of the account page in capital letters.

Supacold

21-05-2006 17:58:28

how can i get in contact with this Trish?
I need to ask her about www.yourchoicereward.com site i-deal has..

thanks

igneous

21-05-2006 18:38:28

[quoteddf331c167="Supacold"]how can i get in contact with this Trish?
I need to ask her about www.yourchoicereward.com site i-deal has..

thanks[/quoteddf331c167]
Haha, good luck. I asked her about that, and she said she works for bullseye media, not i-deal, so she couldn't tell me anything about it (

gnznroses

21-05-2006 21:17:01

[quote3dc75371d0="theysayjump"][quote3dc75371d0="gnznroses"]got a response from gregcool. he did both cosmetique offers and was approved on both. he got a $2000 check quite a while back[/quote3dc75371d0]

Are you shitting me?[/quote3dc75371d0]

he was one of the first to get his, so was that before it changed to bullseye media? i think maybe it was. before the account flagging and all that wasn't it? maybe bullseye is stricter.
...or maybe you're just being ripped off.

dmorris68

22-05-2006 05:31:23

[quoteb49d3b992c="gnznroses"][quoteb49d3b992c="theysayjump"][quoteb49d3b992c="gnznroses"]got a response from gregcool. he did both cosmetique offers and was approved on both. he got a $2000 check quite a while back[/quoteb49d3b992c]

Are you shitting me?[/quoteb49d3b992c]

he was one of the first to get his, so was that before it changed to bullseye media? i think maybe it was. before the account flagging and all that wasn't it? maybe bullseye is stricter.
...or maybe you're just being ripped off.[/quoteb49d3b992c]
I suspect it's more likely they just didn't catch it. It stands to reason that not everybody who eyeballs these accounts during approval -- especially on a new site -- will catch every minor detail like that. Perhaps they realized after the fact that they were letting some of these slip through, and cracked down on future approvals.

Regardless, as was said, you can't fault them for enforcing their own terms. Fault them for poor communication, slow shipping, and a disorganized T&C (although I see in more recent I-Deal sites that they've finally moved these extra terms into the main T&C), but you can't really fault them for DQ'ing based on their terms. I saw the additional terms the first time I checked my status page -- it's highly visible at the bottom of the status page -- and therefore knew to check offers carefully for being from the same company. shrug

Godrockdj

22-05-2006 05:51:59

[quote53445c0c12="Berky34"]well this doesnt look like good news for the people that did the e-research group plasma...[/quote53445c0c12]

shock ? x No, no it doesn't....

Very sorry to hear about this TSJ. You definitely put the work in. Hopefully it can be resolved somehow.

MiamiTJ

22-05-2006 06:02:01

I will sue if they send me a $100 check ...

Can you please post a scan of that check and letter? This would be the final confirmation that bullseye IS Ideal and would give us the leverage info needed if this situation does end up in court. You guys on FIPG know how much I love leading the charge on lawsuits )

gnznroses

22-05-2006 08:55:08

got response from double0civicsi, he did both cosmetique too

livetbd

22-05-2006 09:45:39

Somebody dug up a post from Scam.com back from Aug 05 where someone asked one of the Ideal sites asked whether or not Cosmitique and EV were the same offer. The CS rep answered back that they were considered 2 different offers and it was safe to do both. Again this is old info and these Ideal sites are denying any relationship to each other so take it as you may. It just seems to me that they are not consistent with this issue.

justinag06

22-05-2006 10:21:32

It seems to me they are a ponzi scheme

only the initial 4-5 people got their gifts, and they aren't looking to pay the rest of us for ours.

They will use any excuse in the book im sure

how many of us actually recieved gifts/checks from the luxory watch and plasma site?

livetbd

22-05-2006 10:27:37

TSJ, rejection letter is much more generic than other letters received. Other ones had the specific violation ( such as doing same company offers within 6 months ). So what is really going on here?

theysayjump

22-05-2006 11:30:28

I received a reply from Trish.

Basically, I created more than one account which is why I was in violation of the TOS.

BUT (and it's a decent sized but), I created one acocunt on February 6th, didn't do any offers, didn't refer anyone etc, to check the offers out, whether I'd be able to do it or not and since they have the 60 day account expiration date, I didn't want to jeoprdise it, so I made a second account on February 17 WITH THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS.

How is it even possible to make two accounts with the same e-mail address? The only time I ever completed an offer or referred someone was on the "second account".

Their TOS states that anyone who creates multiple accounts will be placed on hold, yet I wasn't, they decide to wait 11 weeks to send me a "good faith gesture" as Trish put it.

They screwed me but you guys will probably get your TV's/Cheques.

Wolfeman

22-05-2006 11:33:30

Sorry to hear that man (

dmorris68

22-05-2006 11:38:25

Yeah, sorry to hear it, TSJ. And while I sympathise with your not intending to violate the TOS, and they certainly could do better with their systems (their sites have always been sloppily coded), you did indeed violate the TOS. Much like icojones, who I also believe didn't intend to defraud but was DQ'd without any payment at all. Therefore you're lucky you even made it out with $100. (

Sorry man, you know I luv ya (in a mostly non-gay way), but you set yourself up for this one. Once again -- as tenuous as your case may be -- we have yet to see a blatant case of DQ without lisomeli form of TOS violation. When I see an example of that, I'll start worrying....

JUNIOR6886

22-05-2006 11:44:37

[quote78b943fa3f="theysayjump"]I received a reply from Trish.

Basically, I created more than one account which is why I was in violation of the TOS.

BUT (and it's a decent sized but), I created one acocunt on February 6th, didn't do any offers, didn't refer anyone etc, to check the offers out, whether I'd be able to do it or not and since they have the 60 day account expiration date, I didn't want to jeoprdise it, so I made a second account on February 17 WITH THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS.

How is it even possible to make two accounts with the same e-mail address? The only time I ever completed an offer or referred someone was on the "second account".

Their TOS states that anyone who creates multiple accounts will be placed on hold, yet I wasn't, they decide to wait 11 weeks to send me a "good faith gesture" as Trish put it.

They screwed me but you guys will probably get your TV's/Cheques.[/quote78b943fa3f]

I HIGHLY doubt it. from what ive been reading im expecting to see a bunch of $50 / $100 checks soon. A lawsuit sounds like a good idea but ideals tos is so full of twists and turns that ideal could probably prove %99
of the users and/or refferals "violated" the rules. (

chewy

22-05-2006 11:46:06

[quote0e68f77809="dmorris68"]

Sorry man, you know I luv ya (in a [b0e68f77809]mostly[/b0e68f77809] non-gay way), but you set yourself up for this one. [/quote0e68f77809]
lol

theysayjump

22-05-2006 11:46:32

Yeah.

Anyway, suffice it to say that the cheque didn't come from Bullseye Media, it came from i-Deal Direct Interactive (from Chicago). I don't have a scanner so I had to take pictures. I blurred out i-Deal's address for somewhat obvious reasons (mainly because I'm not as much of a cunt as they are).

[imgd4c3a8fa47]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/6343" alt=""/img21844bz.th.jpg[/imgd4c3a8fa47][=http//img="270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img21844bz.jpg][imgd4c3a8fa47]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/6343" alt=""/img21844bz.th.jpg[/imgd4c3a8fa47]

[imgd4c3a8fa47]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/526" alt=""/img21852el.th.jpg[/imgd4c3a8fa47][=http//img="270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img21852el.jpg][imgd4c3a8fa47]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/526" alt=""/img21852el.th.jpg[/imgd4c3a8fa47]

dmorris68

22-05-2006 12:07:43

I-Deal is quite obviously a parent or sibling of Bullseye. Bullseye handles the CSC site but not other I-Deal sites. According to Trish, she's located in Delaware, Bullseye's address is in Millersburg, and the other I-Deal site addresses I've seen are in Carlisle I believe. According to Google Maps, Carlisle and Millersburg are about about 43 miles apart.

They are apparently a wide-spread operation with multiple "shell" type marketing companies handling their sites. I remember when the whole flagging deal started, Trish said Bullseye "took the site over" from I-Deal. I'm curious why I-Deal transitioned a site like that mid-stream. If I had to guess it's probably tax related somehow, if not some other shady business practice.

Which is all fine and well with me... as long as I get my check/TV. I'll withhold my own judgement until then.

MiamiTJ

22-05-2006 12:49:42

[quoteb5b7be430c="theysayjump"]Yeah.

Anyway, suffice it to say that the cheque didn't come from Bullseye Media, it came from i-Deal Direct Interactive (from Chicago). I don't have a scanner so I had to take pictures. I blurred out i-Deal's address for somewhat obvious reasons (mainly because I'm not as much of a cunt as they are).

[imgb5b7be430c]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/6343" alt=""/img21844bz.th.jpg[/imgb5b7be430c][=http//img="270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img21844bz.jpg][imgb5b7be430c]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/6343" alt=""/img21844bz.th.jpg[/imgb5b7be430c]

[imgb5b7be430c]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/526" alt=""/img21852el.th.jpg[/imgb5b7be430c][=http//img="270.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img21852el.jpg][imgb5b7be430c]http/" alt=""/img270.imageshack.us/img="270/526" alt=""/img21852el.th.jpg[/imgb5b7be430c][/quoteb5b7be430c]

thx for the images -- but if they screwed you and others -- there is no reson to blur their address... I and others may need it when it comes time to sue ...

Wolfeman

22-05-2006 13:24:32

TSJ showed her proof and she still denys it...

Brutus

22-05-2006 13:47:09

From what was posted on the other forum you can do two seperate offers from the same company, i.e.; Trim-life combo, and Ephedrine or Gevalia 12 cup and the other Gevalia offer, but you can't do the same one twice, for example, Gevalia 12 cup twice.

dmorris68

22-05-2006 14:07:21

[quote2c5751e106="Brutus"]From what was posted on the other forum you can do two seperate offers from the same company, i.e.; Trim-life combo, and Ephedrine or Gevalia 12 cup and the other Gevalia offer, but you can't do the same one twice, for example, Gevalia 12 cup twice.[/quote2c5751e106]
They may say that but I'm not sure I'd trust it. Their T&C plainly state you cannot complete "the same offer, or another offer from the same company" for six months.

They may overlook it but you're giving them a reason to DQ you later. Which is why I was uber-careful on the offers I did.

crazy4beatz

22-05-2006 14:23:55

I received a $100 check for completing the E-ResearchGroup.com site... the person who i was under received the same letter / check also. It is the same letter as the CSC one but addy for e-research is @ Carlisle, PA

I am sending them a letter back to that address as we speak...

theysayjump

22-05-2006 15:49:35

I also completed the E-ResearchGroup site for the Plasma but I haven't received anything from them yet.

Now it's beginning to look scammish.

Commander

22-05-2006 16:32:03

TSJ are you in Scotland?? If you are, you went through all that crap just for £50??

How much was the initial cheque supposed to be?? $2000??? £1000.

Wolfeman

22-05-2006 16:32:44

He lives in the US but he is a Scot...

MiamiTJ

22-05-2006 16:35:54

I had a buddy with a Scottie -- dam thing humped everything -- Till it got nuetered ...

)

Commander

22-05-2006 16:52:18

LMAO lol.

Thanks wolf.

artvandelay

22-05-2006 19:27:27

As expected, I received my $100 check from Ideal today. However, I was under the impression that my choice of offers had led to my demise, but according to TSJ, it was not. I am curious as to why I am now disqualified, and I am frustrated that Trish will no longer answer PMs on A4F.

So I guess I will write to their center, only to never hear back from them...

Wolfeman

22-05-2006 19:29:14

They are screwing people. I'll sue without hessitation if they screw me...

artvandelay

23-05-2006 07:03:19

Ok get this I received a response from Trish regarding the reason (alliteration anyone?) I got the $100 check. She told me that my referral (IcoJones) cheated "big time." Now this would be a decent excuse, except I had another referral!! I figured if one referral screwed up, the other one would cover me. Apparently, this is not the case.

I will try to plead my case with them further, but it looks pretty bleak.

theysayjump

23-05-2006 07:08:14

How did you receive a response from her? Her PM's are disabled.

Commander

23-05-2006 07:14:15

This is unbelievable. I feel bad for you all. $100, if your referral screwed up and cheated big time you would receive nothing IMO. They are looking for an easy way out I think.

dmorris68

23-05-2006 07:17:12

[quote0655bf4434="theysayjump"]How did you receive a response from her? Her PM's are disabled.[/quote0655bf4434]
I would assume her e-mail still works though, I got an e-mail from her after she showed up on A4F, confirming her identity to me before it became public on the board.

ajrock2000

23-05-2006 07:59:15

Does anyone know what sites exactly are with "Bullseye Media"? I did redtopsavings and e-researchgroup. Are any of these under trishs domains? Molly helped me with my e-researchgroup account about 3 weeks back. email==molly101@directtoconsumerinteractive.commolly101@directtoconsumerinteractive.com=molly101@directtoconsumerinteractive.commolly101@directtoconsumerinteractive.com/email was the email, which is now undeliverable. ( I dunno wtf is going on.

Brutus

23-05-2006 08:42:35

artvandelay, when I first read your post I didn't see the name and thought 'wtf did I do?'

That sucks that they don't take the other ref.

jaydawg

23-05-2006 09:42:47

[quotefa2f013394="artvandelay"]Ok get this I received a response from Trish regarding the reason (alliteration anyone?) I got the $100 check. She told me that my referral (IcoJones) cheated "big time." Now this would be a decent excuse, except I had another referral!! I figured if one referral screwed up, the other one would cover me. Apparently, this is not the case.

I will try to plead my case with them further, but it looks pretty bleak.[/quotefa2f013394]
Someone completely separate from you 'cheated' and you get DQ'd? Huh? All it requires is that you have 'one referral successfully complete the offers', there's nothing on any of the pages that state if 'one of your referrals' 'cheats' you will not be entitled to your gift.

ThreatNet

23-05-2006 09:56:02

Fucking pricks.. I bet there is going to make more posts like these for a different company that rhymes with Bee Gay

Iloveipods2

23-05-2006 12:33:42

lol that sucks

chillywilly

23-05-2006 15:12:26

I feel bad for you, TSJ. Reading all of the posts so far in this thread, it looks like they are looking for ways to get out of paying people.

Sure does take them a while to let you know. You would think they would DQ you as soon as they have proof you did something.

I have found with a couple of these DIY sites, if you do anything even that remotely resembles breaking the TOS, even if it's not, they use that to DQ you. Then pay you $100 and your cashing of the check means you agree to their terms and decision. That's an old rule. Been around for years. Whenever you settle and get paid, the cashing of the check means you agree.

My advice... never cash that check. I wouldn't go after a lawyer just yet, but I would get some advice on what to do, including showing someone the TOS and if there is anything you can do.

theysayjump

24-05-2006 11:33:26

Yeah exactly, even though some people have said it's ok to cash and I can still file suit, I'm taking the safe route and just leaving it.

The person I signed up under also received a cheque for $100 so I think the total is now up to about 25 altogether.

There's no way that 25 people all violated the TOS, especially considering the majority of them are "Freebie site pros" who know what they're doing, are not stupid enough to even give any site an inch of a reason to DQ them and have been doing these sites for a while.

ajrock2000

24-05-2006 12:03:53

It makes no sense that person A and ref are getting $100, when the reason for person A being DQ'ed was because his ref 'cheated'. Why would the referral get anything? They are obviously hoping people will say, "At least I got $100, so screw it'.

Wolfeman

24-05-2006 12:08:33

[quote6ffce9e83e="ajrock2000"]It makes no sense that person A and ref are getting $100, when the reason for person A being DQ'ed was because his ref 'cheated'. Why would the referral get anything? They are obviously hoping people will say, "At least I got $100, so screw it'.[/quote6ffce9e83e]
EXACTLY! They are trying to fuck people. I expect the $100 check but everyday it gets later, I kinda hope I'm getting $2k...