Freeipods done! (took over a year..) + my freebie history...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=31094

JUNIOR6886

21-01-2006 14:10:24

Yup. A year and several months ago i stumbled onto freeipods.com and wasnt sure if it was legit. When a high ranking member of NGEMU got his ipod i was instantly convinced it was real. Of corse i tried the old "beg your friends and family" for refs with absolutely no success. I gave up until I again stumbled into another free site freepsps.com
At that time I wanted a psp sooooooooooo badly lol. So i signed up at freepsps.com and i searched google for a place where i could pay people to be my refs. I ran into someone's webpage that had a link to a place where people could trade refferals and offer money for refs called Refstop. Unfortunately it was not free. I had to pay 6 dollars to join refstop and after paying the 6 dollars I read that it costs 17 bucks a week if you wanna offer money for people to be your refs roll (could you imagine if Admin did that to us? shock )
Anyways trading refferals was free after paying the 6 bucks was free so I
decided to only trade. Refstop has some kind of system where they listed all the free sites avaliable and you had to check off which ones you have already done. They had a database of all the sites their members had done and had avaliable so if you wanted to get refs for a site all you needed to do was search the databse and you would be given a list of people (along with their feedback record) that could do the site. When you choose a person, you see a list of the sites the person wants done and you pick one. Once you pick, a trade is initiated and refstop sends a message to the person you wanna trade with. The person would respond with a yes or no to the trade. The problems were people werent telling refstop all the sites they had done so the database was never accurate.
I got a ton of "No"s to my trade requests because of this and I was only able to get 1 freepsps ref by trading there. Refstop had a forum and i saw a post about congas so I googled "congas" and i saw a site called
Congablast. All the trading was done within the forums and shock you could offer people money in exchange for refs for FREE 8) (well it was cool at the time) It seemed a shitload of people had already done freepsps so I came up the following plan (This plan is so retarded i dont know what i was thinking) Id do 4 trade deals at ds4free which lots of people can do so i could get the $150 paypal. By offering $30 a ref for my freepsps refs people would get so excited they'd be tripping overthemselves to signup. lol obviously this was before $30 was the standard for refs. So i do my 4 Trade deals for the Ds4free money and i get the $150 but something disturbing happened. People are complaining
that the PSP has been avaliable for a long time and yet no one had gotten their psp yet. Meanwhile PSPS4Free had already been sending psp to their customers... I decided to abandon Freepsps and offer my money for PSPS4Free signups. I saw a thread on congablast that was titled something ike "what Lead you to congablast" Someone said Scylint spammed the link to congablast on FreeipodGuide.com so my curiosity lead me here. So I decided to try my luck getting my PSP4Free refs here
LOL it was a lot harder than I expected. Right off the Bat I run into CC40
He said I had to pay him before he could do PSPS4free because he had the higher TR. Of course he ended up scamming me (he paid me back 4 months later though in an attempt to get on the mods good side lol )

Being scammed by CC40 made me paranoid as fuck and almost ruined my experience here. It seemed like i was opening up scam threads against everyone every other day. I also had conspiracy theories about people with high TR (now i have 56TR lol) and to top it all off PSPS4free was givng out random DQS to some of my refs (which contributeded to the number of my scam threads) I even opened a scam thread against Admin lol The mods got pretty pissed and i was almost banned but I cooled down and started acting more reasonable. while trying to get my PSP4FREE refs i was enticed by all the OTHER free stuff i could get and I finished soooooooooooooooooo many freesites. I even finsihed freepsps after i saw proof that Gratis was actually shipping them now... I waited so
long for CC40 to green for me on PSPS4free that the "offers of doom" policy went into effect just as I had 4 greens and was 1 away from finsihing PSPS4free. I took a break from PSPS4free and I completed more and more freesites and when the right time came I paid someone 60 bucks for my last psps4free ref. Through it all ive seen numerous improvements to freeipodguide. We went from having a thread to give trader feedback to having an advanced TR system (is it just me or is A4F trying to copy us) Anyways After I found a DIY site that allowed me to get a $1000 ibook for only 6 offers. Refferal sites just dont seem worth it anymore. Especially with the high cost of refs these days.... So im quitting the refferal game for good and im only focusing on DIY sites such as IRC, EFG, MR and so on... Thanks to Admin for creating such a nice environment to obtain refferals and thanks for actually holding scammers accountable unlink certain [iae6c37a638]OTHER[/iae6c37a638] sites... I might still be willing to be refs for new freepay/OC sites once in a blue moon if you offer me enough money, but my days of chasing refferals in exchange for freebies are OVER Dont weep Popojijo, i'll still post in the DIY forum and in Offtopic. lol

yeah and by the way im getting a black 30gb ipod from freeipods.com
(funny how the first refferal site i found was the last refferal site i completed...)
(damn that was long and full of typos, ah well) P

afro_wolff

21-01-2006 14:44:09

AHHHHHHH...So many words!! but GOOOOOD job anyway!

Berky34

21-01-2006 14:47:12

+karma for the story and congrats!

theysayjump

21-01-2006 14:51:33

Good story.

johnjimjones

21-01-2006 15:04:03

Great read, but my question still hasn't been answered How do you get to do DIY over so many times with limited offers?

theysayjump

21-01-2006 15:10:56

DIY sites allow you to do offers more than once unless the offer explicitly tells you that it's once only.

johnjimjones

21-01-2006 17:38:02

[quotea0a5ab2d1c="theysayjump"]DIY sites allow you to do offers more than once unless the offer explicitly tells you that it's once only.[/quotea0a5ab2d1c]
Interesting.....
Would it be against the rules to post or PM me which offers those are? wink

theysayjump

21-01-2006 17:41:25

I don't know myself actually.

If you get the list let me know. D

EatChex89

21-01-2006 17:59:31

great monologue

ipodshuffleboy

21-01-2006 20:46:59

wouldnt it be a ton easier and probably cheaper to just BUY A PSP!??!!!

JUNIOR6886

21-01-2006 21:47:14

My "free" psp from freepsps.com costs me about $65 paying people and trading. The PSP MSRP is $250 You do the math.....

missdee212

21-01-2006 23:54:13

[quote0ea72198a1="afro_wolff"]AHHHHHHH...So many words!! but GOOOOOD job anyway![/quote0ea72198a1]

lol

ipodshuffleboy

22-01-2006 00:39:57

Yes but it took you over a year! You could have spent the effort that you spent on this at a job and could have easily earned enough to buy 2 psps with the money you earned!

crazyates

22-01-2006 12:03:34

you just don't get the idea of a free psp...do you?

johnjimjones

22-01-2006 12:09:49

[quote3ade730699="theysayjump"]I don't know myself actually.

If you get the list let me know. D[/quote3ade730699]
Meh apparently that thread didn't go so well.

shortys408

22-01-2006 12:10:56

iv made more in a year doing free sites then many people do at their jobs in an entire year.

JUNIOR6886

22-01-2006 20:35:51

[quote9d4d602bde="ipodshuffleboy"]Yes but it took you over a year! You could have spent the effort that you spent on this at a job and could have easily earned enough to buy 2 psps with the money you earned![/quote9d4d602bde]

lol even though it took me over a year to finish freeipods ive gotten about $10,000 worth of other freestuff. wink

JUNIOR6886

25-01-2006 06:50:31

Well i got the ipod today but thers a huge problem.
They sent me the wrong shirt evil I wanted an extra large black shirt
and i was sent a medium. I wanted the shirt as much if not more than the ipod cry cry cry cry cry

hues24

25-01-2006 07:38:40

Call the lawyers!!! lol

JUNIOR6886

25-01-2006 07:47:14

roll Im sure freepay wont mind sending me an XL black shirt. I also never got a pen or a sticker or a clock or anyhting like that....
This ipod i got today is my 12th one. It was the other stuff i really wanted. ( (

crazyates

25-01-2006 11:24:19

shock your 12th iPod! shock holy shiznit that's a lot.....

JUNIOR6886

25-01-2006 14:15:17

It took me a year to finish freeipods but ive been getting ipods left and right throughout the year from other places. Jake said he will get me the shirt I orignally wanted so im super excited again D