An Ipod Video, a Nano, and a $2000 check walk into a bar...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=30672

LucaBella

17-01-2006 09:35:16

well I just call my house a bar cause I've been drinking for hours. anyway...

Today bought all kinds of happiness

1. nano ipod from, are you ready? GLAM.COM! Yes, I know, I can't believe it either. For the three of you not up on the scam, Glam.com held a promo where they promised Ipod nanos to whomever could get 10 friends to sign up and take a simple quiz. I thought "my god, they just don't know what they've done" as I signed up everyone I could get my greasy hands on. The next day, they'd deleted half my list, I found it out it was because some people didn't take the quiz or confirm their email, but I got everyone else back. Still, it was clearly a sign of troubled times ahead... turns out, this company would not only take a page from OC and start randomly DQing people, but worse, for those who didn't finish the site within a few days, when they went to print out their voucher, a new clause was printed on it saying they had to make a 100 purchase and include the receipt. Pure fraud. Pure ugliness. I printed out my voucher the second day, then waited a month to send because I rock out. In the end, believe it or not, the Nano came. This little surprise makes me happier than a runaway slave.

2. I forced a cousin to do freeipods. why, you say? Why not, I say. I found someone for him to sign up under, and got ripped off, but the point is, ultimately cousin finished the site. stupidly unimpressed by the Ipod video (i guess he found my drooling a little sad) I traded him a new PS2 and 2 games, and got my first Video Ipod. I laughed, i cried... I welcomed this awesome new device into my heaving bosom. Good weekend for me.

3. Well.. now this is the big boy. A check for 2000 dollars. Yup. Some of you may have seen Hairy Ferry's thread about completing the Plasma site RewardsVenue.com. Well so did I, but I like money more than TV, so I took the alternate prize 2 grand. This is one of the largest DIY prizes, I had to do 9 offers, 6 of them expensive trials (like 100 dollars for real estate programs and a bunch of 60 dollar diet websites) but it was totally worth it.

Timeline

October 12-15 complete all 9 offers.

November 3rd - all offers complete, click on link to choose prize.

November 8th - get request for tax form

December 12 - actually fax in a tax form after screwing around for a month

December 19th - get email that they received my fax and ordered my check, and said to expect it around Jan 15.

Jan 17 - Get assload of money, and dance a jig, while stroking my two new ipods in my batman underwear.

Hellz yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

http/" alt=""/img494.imageshack.us/img="494/5396/ipodscheckfixed4fe.jpg[" alt=""/img5c2f7ab99e]

dudelovesFinch1035

17-01-2006 10:54:10

( x x x x x ....you officially got it goin on

johnjimjones

17-01-2006 11:46:31

Incredible story +kma.
I can't believe GLAM came through...I never did it because of the scam skepticism.

Berky34

17-01-2006 14:45:29

[quotea820c7c5de="johnjimjones"]Incredible story +kma.
I can't believe GLAM came through...I never did it because of the scam skepticism.[/quotea820c7c5de]
same here, I can not believe glam actually gave u a nano... thats crazy

igneous

17-01-2006 15:08:20

I got my check today too!

LucaBella

17-01-2006 19:41:20

Congrats Iggy hehe. Buy me a pony.

Thanks guys, freebies rock my world....

waiting on the next big gift... while gittin' another drink...

L

stoogepid

20-01-2006 16:00:13

Thats insane.