My Get4Friends Experience

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=15870

kaplan

03-06-2005 15:22:21

Well, here's my experience with Get4Friends

5 April - All Green, Ordered
8 April - STV
18 April - 2 Week delay!
22 April - Shipped - Delay wasn't that bad )
13 May - Found out that my order was placed with Buy.com and it's on backorder.
20 May - G4F canceled my Buy.com order and it still isn't fully canceled, due to buy.com's horrible procedures, or lack of them. (I hate buy.com)
27 May - Buy.com finally canceled the order and G4F ordered the iPod through Amazon.
2 June - Got it and currently listening to Gekommen Um Zu Bleiben by Wir sind Helden. They're awesome.

The whole process took longer than I originally thought, but I'm still happy I did it. Much better that buying and iPod. )

http/" alt=""/img149.echo.cx/img="149/2171/thanksg4fkaplan7xh.jpg[" alt=""/imgad2f02cbe6]

theysayjump

03-06-2005 15:51:17

cool!

what are the requirements you had to complete to get your greens?

slease

03-06-2005 21:03:48

I'd also like to know how long it took you to get your greens. I have had the worst most horrible experience with get4friends. I had 3 greens, they removed one because they didn't get paid for it(BS) and I haven't been able to get any referrals to go green on it. No offers credit. Pretty much the only site I've ever given up on.

Tib

04-06-2005 04:05:44

congrats

kaplan

04-06-2005 07:29:03

[quote93379582c9="slease"]I'd also like to know how long it took you to get your greens. I have had the worst most horrible experience with get4friends. I had 3 greens, they removed one because they didn't get paid for it(BS) and I haven't been able to get any referrals to go green on it. No offers credit. Pretty much the only site I've ever given up on.[/quote93379582c9]

Well, it took me about 4 weeks to get the four required greens. I believe the longest green took about a week - shortest was less than 24 hours.

I could have started the whole ordering process a lot earlier, but I selected NetFlix as the offer I was going to complete. I didn't read the part "Must become a paying member" before signing up. So, I had to wait a month for that one. It was a good service, so I figured it was worth it.

Of the four greens I got out of people, all four stayed; none of them were retracted. I believe one of the greeners did eFax, but I didn't bother asking.

mrwzk

04-06-2005 09:00:32

this site is horrible with crediting. 2 referals did netflix 3 months ago and both are paying members to this day. yet dont have credit. and now that get5friends.com opened its impossible to find referals y doa site for 4 referals for 150$ when u get get 5 referals and get 250$. i gave up on this site pretty much as well. i should be done but no credting is holding me back

theysayjump

04-06-2005 10:39:12

isnt this the site where you actually have to refer anyone? you can do it all yourself but if you are going to the offers yourself you have to do an extra 1 or 2 or something like that?

im sure there was a site like that somewhere.

kaplan

04-06-2005 14:07:54

[quoteae6ea5edbc="theysayjump"]isnt this the site where you actually have to refer anyone? you can do it all yourself but if you are going to the offers yourself you have to do an extra 1 or 2 or something like that?

im sure there was a site like that somewhere.[/quoteae6ea5edbc]

Yah, you can do different offers yourself, but you have to complete five rather than four. I wans't interested in doing so many offers, so I traded instead.

BTW - Nice work on DA.