For a while, I've been wanting to get a new server for GS4F. I guess I hesitated because I was worried about problems switching over. But I finally decided I would go for it. I was going to sign up on Monday so that business over the weekend wouldn't be slowed down.
And now tonight our server goes down. What great timing.
But don't worry, the absolute worst case scenario really isn't that bad. I took a complete and full backup Saturday morning and business over this weekend was crap (even if you're going to include the fraud I spent Saturday night stopping). However, most likely, the server will come back up with everything intact within a day or two. Once that happens, it won't stay up long because I'm pulling the site and moving to a new dedicated (or semi-dedicated, haven't decided yet) server. I've been looking forward to this because I have some plans for the site, but I wanted to make sure I was on a more reliable server before instituting them. This isn't going to change anything. We are planning to not lose any data and if we do, it will be an insignificant amount and hopefully easily restored.
Thank you for your patience and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.