can't set up a trade!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=78672

C Barry Smith

06-04-2009 13:57:01

I have a new trader wanting to trade and I can't set up a trade with them. I hit iniate trade with this user and I get a crazy boink sound and it says a bunch of jibberish as to why it failed. Is the problem on my end, on her end or on your end? Help me out here.

theysayjump

06-04-2009 18:57:25

Well it's not on my end, I know that, but it's more than likely on your end and you need to change your security settings. Are you using IE?

C Barry Smith

06-04-2009 19:07:30

[quote00c6850fcc="theysayjump"]Well it's not on my end, I know that, but it's more than likely on your end and you need to change your security settings. Are you using IE?[/quote00c6850fcc]

Yes I am, and always have and have not had this problem ever!

Scudhawk007

14-04-2009 05:51:39

I'm having a similar problem and don't know why. When i try to set up a trade or someone else tries to initiate one with me the message appears, "You are not permitted to initiate new trades." I don't know why. I havent been on the site for a while, then just tried to set up a trade. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

C Barry Smith

14-04-2009 06:15:43

[quote51fa5c9d7b="Scudhawk007"]I'm having a similar problem and don't know why. When i try to set up a trade or someone else tries to initiate one with me the message appears, "You are not permitted to initiate new trades." I don't know why. I havent been on the site for a while, then just tried to set up a trade. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[/quote51fa5c9d7b]

I wasn't getting this message, but anyhow I changed browsers, I had been using IE8. I changed to Firefox and it went right through. In the past, I had used IE7 with absolutely no problems. IE8 just wasn't getting along with the trade setups here. ]
You might try firefox,safari or Flock and see what happens.

Hope it helps
Barry

dmorris68

14-04-2009 14:46:29

I haven't tried IE8, but I expect it was due to the default security policy, same as with IE7. IE7 didn't work here either until you tweaked the security settings, as has been asked and answered a dozen times or more here in other threads.

Scudhawk's issue is unrelated.