Broken Dell Laptop Keyboard

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=75081

Vector

05-04-2008 08:46:18

Hey guys whats up,

so I was havin a party here at my house and i was in my buddies room and i guess i spilled some of my drink on his laptop.

Last night he cleaned it up and we thought it was all fine and everything but this morning i wake up and he says that his laptop keyboard isn't working.

i dont want to pay to take it to a shop or anything, and i am pretty good with computers myself.

does anyone have experience with fixing or replacing dell laptop keyboards?

slambam

05-04-2008 08:59:41

As long as it's just the keyboard, it should be a pretty easy replacement. I wouldn't have a clue about fixing the keyboard other than just a cleaning, but I don't know if that would help much. I took apart my Dell laptop a couple times to clean it, and the keyboard is very very easy to disconnect/connect.

hehehhehe

05-04-2008 09:09:41

Moved.

You can clean the keyboard (remove it and dip it in a pure alcohol bath and then let it dry - google it for details) or replace it. Either way, it's pretty easy.

ILoveToys

05-04-2008 09:10:14

You'll pry end up buying a replacement keyboard and swapping it out. It'll still cost you 75 bucks to do it yourself probably.

Vector

07-04-2008 13:27:08

Thanks for your help, i went to take a look at it and the keyboard worked. It just needed to dry,a nd considering the fact i spilled alcohol on it in the first place it wouldnt make sense to dip it in alcohol D

CollidgeGraduit

07-04-2008 13:28:25

[quote6ea2373fb8="Vector"]Thanks for your help, i went to take a look at it and the keyboard worked. It just needed to dry,a nd considering the fact i spilled alcohol on it in the first place it wouldnt make sense to dip it in alcohol D[/quote6ea2373fb8]

Unless you were drinking rubbing alcohol, the two are just slightly different P