Need help with hard drive

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=74931

pspparty

28-03-2008 21:30:50

I installed a new hard drive on my laptop. I took the old hard drive and installed it in an enclosure kit. All the files im trying to get to were originally in several folders on my desktop. When i access the documents folder and then try to acess the username folder it says access denied and wont let me acess it so i can get to the desktop folder to get the files i need. Any ideas how to get into that folder? It was a password protected user log on, so i reinstalled the Hd and removed the password and then swapped the hd back but still cant get in ( i didnt restart comp or anything after removing pass tho, could that be it?)

JKirk

28-03-2008 21:32:47

I had tried to do this with another hard drive from one of my computers and I ran into the same problem. What company is the laptop? I can't remember what it's called but you need a certain code or something to prove that the laptop/hard drive is yours.

pspparty

28-03-2008 21:34:16

its an hp dv5000 series, the original Hd is a fujitsu i beleive

pspparty

28-03-2008 21:35:41

i can access everything on the old hd thats in the enclosure kit ( simple usb hookup ) but that one folder.

JKirk

28-03-2008 21:46:25

[quote0fb3d72810="pspparty"]i can access everything on the old hd thats in the enclosure kit ( simple usb hookup ) but that one folder.[/quote0fb3d72810]

Oh, I see, I thought you meant the whole thing. I had tried to use an old HP hard drive with a Dell laptop and it was restricting me for a pass code that I did not have. Sorry for the confusion!