Can anyone help??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=73295

MyungChunHa

27-01-2008 13:08:01

What's up all, been a while, but I have a strange problem on my Dell that I can't figure out....

Basically I have a music archive and some of the album folders seem corrupt and to the point that I can't even open the folder. Most of the albums were still good and I wanted to keep them so instead of directly opening the folder, I set it as a toolbar on the taskbar and it worked to remove the good folders, but the folders that remain are all strangely corrupt. I even tried one of those force delete programs with no help, the program stated something about checking my resource, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I can't even run Adaware without it getting stuck at the Music folder and then freezing completely.

Any ideas?

moviemadnessman

04-02-2008 12:12:49

When you try to delete the corrupt folders, what error message do you receive (if any)?

Also, have you tried deleting the folders in safemode? Sometimes that works for those stubborn folders.

MyungChunHa

14-02-2008 09:16:09

Here's the message it gives me, explorer restarts and my computer crashes after 30-40 mins...even if I don't attempt to open the corrupt files, my computer is crashing, I guess I might as well just reboot. It would be nice to know what is going on though

csurge

22-02-2008 08:25:36

[quote4b313b00ff="MyungChunHa"]What's up all, been a while, but I have a strange problem on my Dell that I can't figure out....

Basically I have a music archive and some of the album folders seem corrupt and to the point that I can't even open the folder. Most of the albums were still good and I wanted to keep them so instead of directly opening the folder, I set it as a toolbar on the taskbar and it worked to remove the good folders, but the folders that remain are all strangely corrupt. I even tried one of those force delete programs with no help, the program stated something about checking my resource, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I can't even run Adaware without it getting stuck at the Music folder and then freezing completely.

Any ideas?[/quote4b313b00ff]

From what I can tell, it sounds as though you need to run a disk check to check for and repair corrupt sectors.

Or... although, I'm not as sure this is the case. It could be your hard drive is dying, I have no personal experience with this but I know that as hard drives get older their ability to access files slows down until they can no longer function. Usually, you can tell that it's on the verge of death when bootup times are slower without having installed new software and pretty much any activity that involves searching or navigating folders is slowed down.

To run a disk check, right click your HD and select properties, go to Tools, and under Error-checking, click Check Now, check the two boxes off, Start, and then restart so that the scan may run. This scan may take a while, so I wouldn't exactly suggest watching it run.