Is anyone familiar with Joomla? I updated with specifics.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72544

michelle-kcmo

01-01-2008 19:25:43

I'm working on a site (not a freebie site) and I have a php with Joomla hosting and I can't figure out how to do anything with it. If anyone is familiar with this and would like to offer some support, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle

Jams44

02-01-2008 11:39:29

Whats your question?

michelle-kcmo

13-01-2008 13:37:56

Sorry for the major delay, but this is what I need to figure out, can I do it myself or would I be better off paying a professional. I have designed a website before (with a program), but this type of site is totally foreign to me. However, I consider myself to be very teachable.

OK, I need to know how to

Create categories and subcategories.

Create member logins.

Each member would need to have their own email alias that would be routed through my site but actually go to their own email. This way their actual email address would not be displayed on the site.

The members need to have the ability to post in different categories and upload pics.

I would like to have a search function that the member can put in their zip code and have the ability to search within 10 miles, 25 miles, 50 miles, etc. of their zip. That, I assume would probably be the most complex part.

I would like for the members to be able to be charged a recurring fee (subscription) without me manually billing each member. Some type of automatic billing that would just come out of their bank account or credit card, paypal account, etc. either on a monthly, semi-annual, or annual basis.

It would be great if the member had the ability to print out a document that could be used for tax purposes. However, I don't want people to be able to abuse this. That is an issue that I don't know how to deal with. It would take too much time to do it manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and +karma will be given!

If this is something that would require a professional, then what can I expect to pay to have this done?

Thanks,
Michelle