Digital cable

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=69187

justin2610

08-09-2007 08:40:52

Whats up everyone. I have question about the best digital cable service provider. In the past I've had comcast and have loved it (Kills direct tv, unles you wanna watch football) But now I've just been informed that I can recieve Brighthouse digital cable at the apartment I'm living at now. Does anyone have Brighthouse? And if so do they have on demand like comcast does? Thanks horse

jeagle82

11-09-2007 13:16:19

Wow, you've loved Comcast? Jesus, I hate Comcast with an f'ing passion! Since day one we've had nothing but problems. In 1 year we've gone through 5 digital HD/DVR cable boxes (just faulty hardware each time) and have a service technician out to our house at least 15 times (no exaggeration). I'm pretty computer and technology savvy, so I can usually fix small problems by myself.

Our internet constantly goes out, and we can't get any Comcast technician to give us a straight answer. When it IS working, it's working at speeds slower than DSL (inexcusable for Cable Internet).

Anyways, sorry about that rant (kind of off topic, I know). In terms of Brighthouse, I've never had personal experience with them, but I've heard nothing but good things. IMHO, a switch from Comcast to anybody would be a wise move.

ajasax

11-09-2007 14:16:25

[quotef6d7258dad="jeagle82"]Our internet constantly goes out, and we can't get any Comcast technician to give us a straight answer. When it IS working, it's working at speeds slower than DSL (inexcusable for Cable Internet).[/quotef6d7258dad]
Probably the result of the shared bandwidth cable uses. Your whole neighborhood was trying to access the internet at the same time wink With DSL, you get a dedicated line to the crossbox T1. We also had Comcast for a while, switched to DirectTV. Much better )

dmorris68

11-09-2007 14:24:33

I would vote DirecTV over lianyli national cable chain. I had DTV for 5 years and loved it, the only reason I dropped it and reluctantly went back to Charter was the attractive promotional offer they made me for the first year, and the amount of HD programming they had. Plus DTV wanted an arm & leg for 3 HD DVR boxes (would have cost me over $1K). Well, Charter sucked worse than ever, and after DTV got better on HD service and equipment pricing I was just about to go back to them, when my local utility offered fiber to the curb service. There are still things I miss about DTV, but as a cable service this is by far the best I've ever had. Over the years as I've moved around the country, I've had Comcast, Charter, Cox, and several local mom & pop providers, and NONE were any good.

manOFice

11-09-2007 14:27:28

I want all the DTV football games (

ajasax

11-09-2007 21:41:46

Haha. With fiber to the curb, you don't [i9a3d2f5503]need[/i9a3d2f5503] television. D/L torrents at lightning speed!

doylnea

11-09-2007 22:41:11

[quote5e45c19787="ajasax"]Probably the result of the shared bandwidth cable uses. Your whole neighborhood was trying to access the internet at the same time[/quote5e45c19787]

I thought this wasn't the case anymore, that is, Comcast (nee HSI providers) had resolved something that eliminated this problem?

theysayjump

12-09-2007 09:16:30

[quote0450a0f052="doylnea"][quote0450a0f052="ajasax"]Probably the result of the shared bandwidth cable uses. Your whole neighborhood was trying to access the internet at the same time[/quote0450a0f052]

I thought this wasn't the case anymore, that is, Comcast (nee HSI providers) had resolved something that eliminated this problem?[/quote0450a0f052]

Yeah it's called AOL 9.0.