XBOX 360 - no sound, possible freezing?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68032

JennyWren

10-08-2007 20:02:28

So about a week ago I got my free Elite from TRAINN and I don't know if this is a freezing issue or what. We noticed a few times playing Geometry Wars that there was no sound. It doesn't happen often but it has happened on multiple occasions. Today I got Gears of War and started playing. I'm a newb, have no idea what's going on. My bf and I are playing co-op and we get to one of the first scenes, right after you pick up grenades. We kill a few guys, go down the stairs into the courtyard. After about 15 minutes of wandering around, we get bored and restart the game. This time, same thing, except this time we get the "they're cutting through the door" and more guys come in. WTF? Why didn't this happen the first time? Also, no music once we reach this scene. Should there be music? We have in game sounds, just no soundtrack. Is my XBOX fooked?

Further info - the XBOX is REALLY LOUD. Whirrrrrr all the time except when you are in menus. Like the disc drive is going very fast. Sounds like my computer when it's burning a DVD.

DIABLO

10-08-2007 20:42:33

Geometry Wars - The xbox is the 1337 edition, it can't play noob geometry games, it's for the 1337 stuff like CoD 3 and BF2 man!

GoW - You probably missed something, like a guy that was hiding and you didn't kill him, but no, there shouldn't be a soundtrack on GoW.

And yep, 360s are loud as a cloud.

zr2152

18-08-2007 20:25:30

[quoteaaff4f6c6d="DIABLO"]Geometry Wars - The xbox is the 1337 edition, it can't play noob geometry games, it's for the 1337 stuff like CoD 3 and BF2 man!

GoW - You probably missed something, like a guy that was hiding and you didn't kill him, but no, there shouldn't be a soundtrack on GoW.

[baaff4f6c6d]And yep, 360s are loud as a cloud[/baaff4f6c6d].[/quoteaaff4f6c6d]

Not a very good comparison )

But yes, diablo is right about all of those I believe.

Also, since you admitted that you are a noob to all of this, I would advise you to not keep your 360 vertical like they originally made it to do so. This can cause the discs to scratch and I would personally not want to take the chance.

I keep my flat, with enough room of course so that it does not overheat.

hehehhehe

19-08-2007 10:22:08

[quote5a6a3cda5d="JennyWren"]So about a week ago I got my free Elite from TRAINN and I don't know if this is a freezing issue or what. We noticed a few times playing Geometry Wars that there was no sound. It doesn't happen often but it has happened on multiple occasions. Today I got Gears of War and started playing. I'm a newb, have no idea what's going on. My bf and I are playing co-op and we get to one of the first scenes, right after you pick up grenades. We kill a few guys, go down the stairs into the courtyard. After about 15 minutes of wandering around, we get bored and restart the game. This time, same thing, except this time we get the "they're cutting through the door" and more guys come in. WTF? Why didn't this happen the first time? Also, no music once we reach this scene. Should there be music? We have in game sounds, just no soundtrack. Is my XBOX fooked?

Further info - the XBOX is REALLY LOUD. Whirrrrrr all the time except when you are in menus. Like the disc drive is going very fast. Sounds like my computer when it's burning a DVD.[/quote5a6a3cda5d]
I think you're right about the music. Not sure about that scene but htere is definitely a soundtrack in GoW, as in most games. I'll check that scene out and tell you if you're still interested.

As for the loud sound, check to see if it's the rear fans by just surfing the dash without a DVD in it. If it's still loud, it's the fans running full blast because the chips are running hot.

Keeping it vertical doesn't scratch the discs. In fact, a lot of people say you should keep it vertical to keep the 360 cooler since it gives more surface area to the air.

JennyWren

19-08-2007 13:21:08

I don't really have the option of keeping it horizontal because my NEW PS3 IS IN THE WAY. Yay! Anyhow, thanks for the advice. We haven't had further problems tho' I haven't been playing GOW. We'll use the PS3 for DVDs cuz it's way quieter.

samz465

19-08-2007 21:16:01

[quote5bbf749633="JennyWren"]I don't really have the option of keeping it horizontal because my NEW PS3 IS IN THE WAY. Yay! Anyhow, thanks for the advice. We haven't had further problems tho' I haven't been playing GOW. We'll use the PS3 for DVDs cuz it's way quieter.[/quote5bbf749633]
Lmaoo...rub it in the faces of poor ps3less fanboys even more!

liDisclaimerli I'm not a fanboy. I in fact have an Xbox 360.