pc keeps freezing!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67846

phriq

07-08-2007 07:15:10

Hey everyone,
So my pc recently just started acting up. It had been working fine and then suddenly now freezes every time I start up about a minute or 2 after windows has been loaded. I ran PC check and it said my HDD was going bad, so i got a new one under warrenty, put on my OS and launched it and tried to update. and it froze after a minute. my system is
mobo k8n new 2-fx MSI
Proc AMD 4000 socket 939/ apline 64 heatsync and fan
nvidia 7600 GT
2 gig ram
500 GB seagate and 120 gb western digital HDD (ATA)
2 optical drives. (ATA)
since i got thew new hard drive and windows i reran pc check and all passes but the usb controller,
ran memtest86 and taht passed...
what else could it be?!
please help!

manOFice

07-08-2007 08:00:23

Do you have it OC'ed??

Take out everything except the essentials to run the machine...and see if it's hardware causing the errors.

And when you said you installed the OS and ran the update...what update? Windows update?

phriq

07-08-2007 08:03:40

i do not have it overclocked, i should mention that i just upgraded about 3 weeks ago and teh mobo and proc is new...

I was going to take everything out and do the processes of elimination, but am at work, will start that on my lunch break.

the updates i was talking about are the windows updates. that you get from updates.microsoft.com....

manOFice

07-08-2007 08:17:11

[quotea52f4bbb7b="phriq"]i do not have it overclocked, i should mention that i just upgraded about 3 weeks ago and teh mobo and proc is new...

I was going to take everything out and do the processes of elimination, but am at work, will start that on my lunch break.

the updates i was talking about are the windows updates. that you get from updates.microsoft.com....[/quotea52f4bbb7b]

Don't do the updates first. Eliminate any possibility that it's hardware. And if all your hardware is working and then you do windows updates and it messes up then you know it's windows update.

phriq

07-08-2007 11:48:24

i over my break just removed everything but the mobo, hard drive, one stick of ram, proc and a spare video card other tehn my main one...still froze.... i am thinking either mobo or proc.....probably mobo

manOFice

07-08-2007 12:28:02

[quote7086d920e6="phriq"]i over my break just removed everything but the mobo, hard drive, one stick of ram, proc and a spare video card other tehn my main one...still froze.... i am thinking either mobo or proc.....probably mobo[/quote7086d920e6]

Fresh install with no updates? If so ...it's one of those pieces of hardware...try the other stick of ram