Laptop Problem..again. Really PISSED!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=67037

zr2152

22-07-2007 12:56:40

Last night, everything was fine with my laptop.

I just recently had my motherboard replaced so basically I have a new computer.

Now, when I opened up my laptop, It started to load and then just shut off. So i plugged it in and it started to load and just shut off again.

Im fed up with Toshiba and I dont know what else to do with this laptop. I dont have the funds to get a new one and I dont know what it could be. Maybe the power supply needs replaced?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im sure there is nothing that can really be done at this moment except get it fixed. Anyone ever have a problem with this before?

Im so angry right now with this computer. Ive already had to send it through the Circuit City Advantage plan 3 times and I dont know if I need to do it again (I hope not because it is such a hassle).

Thanks Guys!

dmorris68

22-07-2007 14:01:10

Personally I love Toshiba, but the fact is there are very few laptop OEM's so the brand isn't really an indicator of reliability, because Toshiba didn't build that laptop.

And no matter the brand, you get lemons and defective units. How old is it? Most extended warranties have a lemon clause that says if a repair is made for the same problems 3 or more times, they'll replace the whole thing. Check your Advantage terms to see if that applies, and regardless I'd put pressure on CC to replace it anyway.

zr2152

22-07-2007 14:13:20

[quotebb54862ca8="dmorris68"]Personally I love Toshiba, but the fact is there are very few laptop OEM's so the brand isn't really an indicator of reliability, because Toshiba didn't build that laptop.

And no matter the brand, you get lemons and defective units. How old is it? Most extended warranties have a lemon clause that says if a repair is made for the same problems 3 or more times, they'll replace the whole thing. Check your Advantage terms to see if that applies, and regardless I'd put pressure on CC to replace it anyway.[/quotebb54862ca8]

It will be 2 years in august. Its actually working fine now but I have no clue as to what it was doing before. I have had too many problems with it over the past year. I just had to order a new power cord but my battery is shot (i only get like 40 minutes of battery life when I was getting 2 hours before).

I most def need a new battery and I think that it is about time for a new laptop.

Thanks for the quick response Dmorris!

kidd2108

22-07-2007 23:01:01

[quotec58e5d6506="zr2152"]Last night, everything was fine with my laptop.

I just recently had my motherboard replaced so basically I have a new computer.

Now, when I opened up my laptop, It started to load and then just shut off. So i plugged it in and it started to load and just shut off again.

Im fed up with Toshiba and I dont know what else to do with this laptop. I dont have the funds to get a new one and I dont know what it could be. Maybe the power supply needs replaced?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im sure there is nothing that can really be done at this moment except get it fixed. Anyone ever have a problem with this before?

Im so angry right now with this computer. Ive already had to send it through the Circuit City Advantage plan 3 times and I dont know if I need to do it again (I hope not because it is such a hassle).

Thanks Guys![/quotec58e5d6506]

I have a toshiba laptop. I had a similar problem about 1 year ago. It would shut down everytime I turn it on. It had warranty w/ BestBuy, so I took it to them. It was a ram issue. Got it replaced and all fixed.

I think it may have overheated and caused the ram stick to burn out or something like that, but I dont know.

My dad has a Toshiba laptop as well. He's had it for about 3-4 yrs. The only problem it has is that it shuts down during virus or any scans I perform. I told him he may have a hardware issue, but since he barely uses it, its not a big deal to him. It does everything else fine.

notbartsimpson

23-07-2007 00:13:44

It certainly sounds like a short. When you plugged it in, were you certain that the laptop was running off of the power adapter? It's possible that the battery is shorting out (among many different possibilities). Try using it without the battery for a few days and see if the problem persists.

It also may be the flux capacitor acting up. )

[quote37c24e54c7="zr2152"]Now, when I opened up my laptop, It started to load and then just shut off. So i plugged it in and it started to load and just shut off again[/quote37c24e54c7]

JOSHBOX

23-07-2007 08:22:08

Before replacing the AC adapter, use a multimeter to check the DC output. If your laptop is able to begin its startup process and then shuts down in the middle, I wouldnt expect its a problem recieving power. It could however be overheating, ram, or hard drive issues off the top of my head.

zr2152

23-07-2007 14:30:20

[quotebbad57d833="JOSHBOX"]Before replacing the AC adapter, use a multimeter to check the DC output. If your laptop is able to begin its startup process and then shuts down in the middle, I wouldnt expect its a problem recieving power. It could however be overheating, ram, or hard drive issues off the top of my head.[/quotebbad57d833]

Well everything is fine now. Seriously though, Toshiba has replaced my fan 2 times already.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Menchions

23-07-2007 14:34:44

Maybe throw an extra fan in there?