looking for someone to do some PHP coding...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66480

freedesktoppc

13-07-2007 10:59:05

I need a program written that will make my employees pick their task and how much time was spent on it. Then the back end needs to tell me the % of the day used on each thing.

If for example I wanted employee A to be spending 50% of day on research, 25% calls, and 25% marketing, I want him to be able to enter that he got to work at 930 and left at 5. He should also be able to say I worked on marketing from 9-1, research from 1-2, and calls from 2-5.

The program should then be able to calculate the actual percentages and tell me them.

There also needs to be the ability for me to add and delete users.

Please let me know if you can do it, how much you'll charge, and how long will it take you to work.

Also, please let me know if you have samples of your work.

dmorris68

13-07-2007 12:20:04

This would be rather simple to do, but have you considered using an off-the-shelf time tracking package? The ones I've used are geared more towards project task management, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some that are general time trackers. Not sure if there is one that breaks the day's tasks into percentages of time, but it doesn't sound too far fetched.

I've been trying to avoid further side work due to time constraints, but if you really want a custom solution tailored just for you, this is simple enough that I could probably make time to do it over a weekend. Are you looking for a flashy web design or do you just want a simple data entry page, user admin page, and query page? Do you already have a web/database host?

My professional coding rates might be considered steep by your standards, although you sound like a business owner or manager and therefore may already understand that custom software design is NOT cheap (although I have run into small business clients who think if they can buy MS-Office for $500 that I should be able to [i7110888015]code[/i7110888015] as much for the same money, LOL).

You can often find starving college students who will take on jobs like this for maybe a hundred or two, but there's no way I could do it for that little. ) From what you've described I can reasonably assure you that, unless I got bogged down in a bunch of fancy site design (graphics, CSS, etc.), I could knock out the coding in a couple of days. My regularly hourly rate is $65-$100/hr depending on the client, but for something like this I'd do it for less with the understanding that I'm not going to be a regular on-call support guy. You're probably looking at the $500 range if I do it. If you're still interested and don't get a cheaper solution, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further details, like when you need it by.

freedesktoppc

13-07-2007 13:06:33

[quotee2a9564b0e="dmorris68"]This would be rather simple to do, but have you considered using an off-the-shelf time tracking package? The ones I've used are geared more towards project task management, but I'm pretty sure I've seen some that are general time trackers. Not sure if there is one that breaks the day's tasks into percentages of time, but it doesn't sound too far fetched.

I've been trying to avoid further side work due to time constraints, but if you really want a custom solution tailored just for you, this is simple enough that I could probably make time to do it over a weekend. Are you looking for a flashy web design or do you just want a simple data entry page, user admin page, and query page? Do you already have a web/database host?

My professional coding rates might be considered steep by your standards, although you sound like a business owner or manager and therefore may already understand that custom software design is NOT cheap (although I have run into small business clients who think if they can buy MS-Office for $500 that I should be able to [ie2a9564b0e]code[/ie2a9564b0e] as much for the same money, LOL).

You can often find starving college students who will take on jobs like this for maybe a hundred or two, but there's no way I could do it for that little. ) From what you've described I can reasonably assure you that, unless I got bogged down in a bunch of fancy site design (graphics, CSS, etc.), I could knock out the coding in a couple of days. My regularly hourly rate is $65-$100/hr depending on the client, but for something like this I'd do it for less with the understanding that I'm not going to be a regular on-call support guy. You're probably looking at the $500 range if I do it. If you're still interested and don't get a cheaper solution, shoot me a PM and we can discuss further details, like when you need it by.[/quotee2a9564b0e]

Thanks for the help. I have looked at some packaged stuff, but I know that if I rolled that out it would never get used. I want this to be a local intranet app.
We already use a custom client relation database that was actually coded by BOS. As opposed to past database programs I tried to implement, this one actually gets used because all the employees need to is open the browser type in database, and the program has exactly what they need.
So like I said, I'd like to try to get something custom that will be simple and exactly what I need. Regarding your services, I think you may be a bit "too professional" for my budget at this point, especially considering what I paid for the original database program, which I'd imagine was a bigger job.
I will let you know if I change my mind.

I am probably gonna post this to Rentacoder tomorrow, I just figured I would see if any of my friends from here would like to do it first.

I appreciate the information you gave me.

Admin

13-07-2007 13:40:08

i forgot about that D