Website Analysis Project (coding, programming, time, etc)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64474

bruman

14-06-2007 18:44:45

Hey,

I'm doing project for my web creation class in which I am supposed analyze a website and then write a small report on it and then give a speech about it to the teacher. A lot of it is simple such as how many pages, pictures, etc.. but there are a few things I'm unfamiliar with.

Basically, the site I chose to analyze is http//www.giftcards.com

Now, for those that have experience in the field of web coding and such, please give me an estimate on the following

-What programming language would be used to create giftcards.com checkout system, account activation page, account balance page, order status page and affiliate system?

-What would be the total number of weeks needed to create a web page such as GiftCards.com. How many hours per week?

-What would the total cost of the project if someone where to create/code GiftCards.com? (Strictly web page creation wise, not domain buying, web hosting, etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

manOFice

14-06-2007 19:37:16

I used to have to do site analyst every week in college

They have you analyzing a pretty decent site.

Just looks like a bunch of flash images with javascript in html

If I had a team of say 5 people...I could bang that site out in 2 - 3 weeks?? Working on average say 9 hours a week?? Or you could just geek out and do it mad fast and work nights and crap.

probably some php going on, and some sweet css designs.

bruman

14-06-2007 19:47:56

[quote19b9dd681d="O4F-Manofice"]I used to have to do site analyst every week in college

They have you analyzing a pretty decent site.

Just looks like a bunch of flash images with javascript in html

If I had a team of say 5 people...I could bang that site out in 2 - 3 weeks?? Working on average say 9 hours a week?? Or you could just geek out and do it mad fast and work nights and crap.

probably some php going on, and some sweet css designs.[/quote19b9dd681d]

Thanks. Actually, I picked the site. Any idea about cost?

Anyone else have any more info?

bruman

14-06-2007 19:56:30

Also, why did you say 9 hours per week? That doesn't seem like that long at all for a full-time web designer.

manOFice

14-06-2007 20:07:35

[quote7a5d5923eb="bruman"]Also, why did you say 9 hours per week? That doesn't seem like that long at all for a full-time web designer.[/quote7a5d5923eb]

yeah I wasn't quoting that on a full timer I guess...if you're a full timer, than work 40 hours a week and it should take you perhaps 1 week??