iPod Battery...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63982

TFOAF

07-06-2007 20:17:42

You wanna know what's stupid about iPods? Why the hell do they have to turn on to charge? Who the hell came up with that stupid idea? Since when do you need battery power to charge batteries?

"Oh great! Looks like my battery is dead! Awesome, I can't charge it either, because it won't turn on unless there's battery power!"

That basically happened to me, and I left it charging...it turned on and off about 100 times, until finally there was enough charge to actually charge it. The battery indicator sucks like hell, and just dies on you randomly. Also, due to the constant on-and-off thing, my iPod's clock got messed up. Do I just plug that into my computer and it'll get the time back? It's stupid how you can't set the time either on the iPod. (I use a wall charger to charge it.)

My GameBoy Advance SP charges when it's off. My PSP charges when it's off. My cell phone charges when it's off. My digital camera's battery charges when it's off. Hell, rechargeable batteries can be recharged just with a recharger! Which all leads to this one question...why the hell can't an iPod charge when it's off?

moviemadnessman

07-06-2007 20:20:16

You can set the time on the ipod ... I don't know why you can't. And yes, the gauge sucks, but it's better than nothing. It sounds like you have a bad battery, though, if your ipod time is getting messed up when charging.

TFOAF

07-06-2007 20:21:39

[quote6e67258c59="moviemadnessman"]You can set the time on the iPod ... I don't know why you can't. And yes, the gauge sucks, but it's better than nothing. It sounds like you have a bad battery, though, if your iPod time is getting messed up when charging.[/quote6e67258c59]
Yeah, you can set the time to select cities...you can't set the actual time. It gives me times like 12AM, and 1AM, etc. So the clock is just completely messed up.

I don't think it's a battery problem, because it works fine when it's charged.

moviemadnessman

07-06-2007 20:23:34

[quotef51694cc90="TFOAF"][quotef51694cc90="moviemadnessman"]You can set the time on the iPod ... I don't know why you can't. And yes, the gauge sucks, but it's better than nothing. It sounds like you have a bad battery, though, if your iPod time is getting messed up when charging.[/quotef51694cc90]
Yeah, you can set the time to select cities...you can't set the actual time. It gives me times like 12AM, and 1AM, etc. So the clock is just completely messed up.

I don't think it's a battery problem, because it works fine when it's charged.[/quotef51694cc90]Maybe this will help you http//macs.about.com/od/ipod/a/ipod_clock.htm

TFOAF

07-06-2007 20:24:56

Okay, I give you permission to call me retarded about the iPod's clock. Thanks for that information. I guess I was too pissed off when it happened to find the settings. P

But I still wanna complain about the stupid battery. P

moviemadnessman

07-06-2007 20:27:24

[quote25edfcc94a="TFOAF"]Okay, I give you permission to call me retarded about the iPod's clock. Thanks for that information. I guess I was too pissed off when it happened to find the settings. P

But I still wanna complain about the stupid battery. P[/quote25edfcc94a]Don't worry, I like helping noobs ;)

But yeah, the battery sucks ... at least the gauge part.

TFOAF

07-06-2007 20:29:31

That it does. Okay, I'll give you Karma...I don't get why people obsess over it though (not just talking to you). Don't mind me, I'm just in a kinda-bad mood right now. P

But the mystery of the "iPod has to be on to charge" still remains. D

moviemadnessman

07-06-2007 20:31:28

Sorry you are in a bad mood. If I can figure out why the iPod battery sucks so bad, I'll let you know.

And I don't obsess ;)