Outlook help. How to have outlook sort mail automatically?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63864

ffactoryxx

06-06-2007 06:04:00

Ok so all my mail gets sent to my indox in Outlook (obviously)

I work with 10 different companies who constantly send me emails but they all show up in the same box.

How can create 10 different folders and have outlook automatically put certain email from certain domains or subjects lines in each specific folder.

For example...I have an email= sent to me from email=jjjj@comcast.netjjjj@comcast.net sent to me from email=jjjj@comcast.netjjjj@comcast.net/email or subject line "comcast info"

I create a Comcast folder. How do I have outlook automatically move all emails with the domain @comcast or subject Comcast to that folder and not to my indox

CollidgeGraduit

06-06-2007 06:09:10

Go up to Tools --> Rules and Alerts

Then create a new rule. A wizard will pop up and walk you through it. You can move messages to a certain folder based on criteria you specify (sender name, subject line, message contents, etc.)

doylnea

06-06-2007 07:07:50

[quote3ccf00017f="CollidgeGraduit"]Go up to Tools --> Rules and Alerts

Then create a new rule. A wizard will pop up and walk you through it. You can move messages to a certain folder based on criteria you specify (sender name, subject line, message contents, etc.)[/quote3ccf00017f]

werd.

I also learned recently that once you get your Rules configured as you wish (or at any time, really), you can export them as a small file which can be imported into any other copy of Outlook. This is helpful because I use Outlook on my home PC, as well as laptop.

Tholek

06-06-2007 07:31:54

[quoteefb49d8ae8="CollidgeGraduit"]Go up to Tools --> Rules and Alerts

Then create a new rule. A wizard will pop up and walk you through it. You can move messages to a certain folder based on criteria you specify (sender name, subject line, message contents, etc.)[/quoteefb49d8ae8]

That's exactly what I had to do for all my accounts in Outlook Express. I had to create separate rules for each account. However, when I upgraded to Windows Live Mail, I found that it does it automatically. So, I had to go an [iefb49d8ae8]undo[/iefb49d8ae8] and delete each rule, moving all the messages to the new folders created for them, and deleting the original folder that were imported over.

If the current Outlook does the same, then upgrading to it is more pain-free than doing that if you have many email accounts to manage.