IP Address Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58600

mookieb2

03-04-2007 07:48:28

We are changing our Network IP address here at work, but from what I understand, my individual work IP address will stay the same. Is this going to be a problem with the freebie sites and if so what do I need to do?

Any help is apprieciated.

Jason

manOFice

03-04-2007 07:57:34

For one, I wouldn't log into freebie sites at work. If your work uses a proxy...which it probably does...then your ip will still show up as a proxy..and at work...your individual ip doesn't show up in our database...your external ip address does..the one that will be changing at your work.

stueybaby17

03-04-2007 09:28:55

[quote7949292b54="O4F-Manofice"]For one, I wouldn't log into freebie sites at work. If your work uses a proxy...which it probably does...then your ip will still show up as a proxy..and at work...your individual ip doesn't show up in our database...[b7949292b54]your external ip address does..the one that will be [/b7949292b54]changing at your work.[/quote7949292b54]

So if anybody at your work does the same freebie site as you there will be a problem.

If nobody ever does log in then there shouldn't be a problem because most sites that I know of you arnt' limited to 1 IP address per account. You are only limited to 1 account per IP.

That sounds confusing a little but it makes sense right?

mookieb2

03-04-2007 10:59:43

Well, I work at a church, we don't use a proxy, and theres only 5 of us here and the rest of them are convinced that I'm involved in some sort of scam operation doing these. Even after I show them the proof.

So, I guess I just need to open support tickets at the sites and give them the new external IP in an email and see if that will clear it up.

stueybaby17

03-04-2007 12:25:39

[quotef659085d6f="mookieb2"]Well, I work at a church, we don't use a proxy, and theres only 5 of us here and the rest of them are convinced that I'm involved in some sort of scam operation doing these. Even after I show them the proof.

So, I guess I just need to open support tickets at the sites and give them the new external IP in an email and see if that will clear it up.[/quotef659085d6f]

What site are you doing?

As long as you are the only person doing the site from the IP address you shouldn't have a problem at all.

I log into my account from three IP addresses.
1. School
2. Home
3. My Girlfriends

I havn't had any problem with doing this at all. There was only one time and it was for a site that my gf was a referral for me.

manOFice

03-04-2007 14:03:57

Unless you run the internet connection...I wouldn't assume there is no proxy involved. But yeah...as long as no one else logs into an account at that website..you should be fine.

mookieb2

04-04-2007 09:42:28

Thanks for all the Help. As far as the proxy goes I asked our IT guy specifically if we run on one. He says no so I have to go by his word. I'm submitting for approval in another day, so we'll find out.

Thanks again

Jason