??? I need help so bad with my comp

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54776

clanny

22-02-2007 09:38:44

Hello,
I am having this problem.I think i tried to installed ie 7 at microsoft last night but didn't get a chance so I closed my laptop.But today after I woke up , I see this thing pops up at my computer when my screen didn't even load to my user account yet like logining me in, it says

"you may be a victim of software counterfeiting"
(also it ask me if I want to solved this solution later or now, so I clicked later.

But when I login my user account , it appears on the bottom right side corner of my computer with an icon with the same words "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting" , and when i right click it have 4 options.1)validation failure details, .2)purchase a genuine window licenses .3)Benefits of genuine. .4)change notification details.

Also my friend said it was viruses , so I tried to restore system into an earlier date like 2 days from today, and restarted my computer.But when I'm done restating it says, no changes happen, you coudln't made any changes.Also all my icon changed, like the views of your ie, aim into a bigger size, I tried changing it by property and in control panel but didn't work.Like the size either go too big or too size, not to the size I had before.

So I downloaded avg and spybot as my friend said, and check for updates and update them and scan them which took me total of 2 hours .Whichurl==http://=http:///url is now , and still the thing is still there, and I just deleted registry fix and still wondering if I should delete spyware doctor.

Although my pops up of new internet explorer or firefox exploerer of when everytime I open my ie was fixed .

Thanks, I really need help on this.

TryinToGetPaid

22-02-2007 09:42:23

SPYWARE is different that VIRUSES.

Though you should scan for both. Do nto get rid of spyware doctor and download AVG Anti-Virus. And scan your computer with that.

clanny

22-02-2007 09:43:55

Hello,
Yeah I did, i downlaoded avg anti-virus and spybot and check for updates and updated also scanned and fixed them both.

Ok I will not get rid of spyware doctor thanks, also should I scan with spyware doctor too , to see if it fixs it?

TryinToGetPaid

22-02-2007 09:45:38

It wouldn't hurt. Understanding you is hard...

So you have AVG Virus, Spybot, and Spyware Doctor?

And to ask, is your Windows a real version, or did you download it?

clanny

22-02-2007 09:48:14

hello,
I am sure it a real version.Because my dad ordered with dell by phone using his cc.It's like a delivery ,like he use his cc to buy the dell laptop and the dell company sended it to him.

Yeah , I have AVG virus,spybot and spyware doctor, just installed avg and spybot 2-3 hours ago.

I forgot to mention, this morning before i downloaded anything, I deleted "my JaL Edition" by accident , I though it was part of the virus.

dmorris68

22-02-2007 11:23:24

It's not a virus, it's Windows Genuine Advantage telling you that your XP license is not valid. Installing IE7 or any Windows Updates requires the WGA check, and it sounds like you triggered it and didn't pass muster.

Aside from the obvious and most common reasons -- a pirated copy, or an unauthorized copy installed by the OEM -- WGA has been known to incorrectly flag legitimate installations before. So if you're legal, contact Microsoft Support for help. It's unlikely that Dell used an unauthorized install, so it might actually be a mistake.

clanny

22-02-2007 14:34:12

Hello,
Thanks for all the information.Well the problem is that my support warranty has expired.So I can't get any more support that's the problem.

Also my parents' doesn't want me to get into so much problem with these stuff.So I was just wondering, if I reformat my computer like start from beginning,nothing is downloaded all clean and fresh will this error still be here?

Also if not sure, can I do a backup like I reformat it and if it still there can I go back to how my computer is now.

Thanks.

dmorris68

22-02-2007 19:52:35

Not Dell Support, you should contact Microsoft Support.

http//www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/support.aspx

That page gives you a chance to revalidate, and if it fails you can submit a tech support request (at the bottom of the page)

Reformatting and reinstalling will not likely get around a WGA check. The next time you run WGA (during Windows Update, IE7 install, or for any Microsoft downloads), you'll almost certainly be invalidated again. I'd go with contacting Microsoft support first.

clanny

23-02-2007 05:19:04

Hello,
Thanks really much dmorris68.But the main problem is that when I go to that link, all the language turns out to be chinese which is mines and my family language buy I don't know how to read them.

Is there anyway I can view it as english , I tried encoding and autoselect but didn't work.

CollidgeGraduit

23-02-2007 05:32:28

I just clicked the link, and it is most definitely in English. I don't know what's going on with your PC to make it display in Chinese.

clanny

23-02-2007 05:33:57

Hello,
Well I think my dad installed a chinese language package into this computer so sometimes some of the stuff are chinese written.

But is there anyway to make it display in english?

CollidgeGraduit

23-02-2007 05:39:16

Did you try searching the Internet Explorer help? A quick search on "language" gave me this

Change Internet Explorer language settings
You can add multiple languages to Internet Explorer to display webpage and Address bar text correctly. Keep in mind that installing languages in Internet Explorer only makes those languages available in websites and the Address bar. To change the language used for Internet Explorer's menus and buttons, you need to install a version of Internet Explorer that is written in the language you prefer.

To add a language to Internet Explorer

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the General tab, and then click Languages.
In the Language Preference dialog box, click Add.
In the Add Language dialog box, select a language from the list, and then click OK.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have added all of the languages you want to use.
Click OK three times.
Note

If you speak several languages, you should arrange them in order of preference (priority). If a website is available in multiple languages, the content will be displayed in the language that has the highest priority. To reorder the languages, click a language and then use the Move up or Move down buttons to arrange the languages in order of priority.
Most webpages contain information that tells the web browser what language and character set to use when displaying the page. This type of information is referred to as language encoding. Internet Explorer can usually determine the correct language encoding, even if the webpage does not include language encoding information, as long as the Language Encoding Auto-Select feature is turned on. Here's how to turn it on

To automatically detect a website's language

In Internet Explorer, navigate to a webpage you want to select a language for.
Right-click the webpage, point to Encoding, and then click Auto-Select.
If you are prompted to download language support components, click Download.
If Auto-Select cannot determine the correct language encoding, and you know what language encoding it should be, you can manually select it.

To manually select the language encoding for a webpage

In Internet Explorer, navigate to a webpage you want to select a language for.
Right-click the webpage, point to Encoding, point to More, and then click the appropriate language.
If you are prompted to download language support components, click Download.
If your computer needs a new font to display text written in a specific language, Internet Explorer can download the font automatically. To turn on this feature, follow these steps

To automatically download fonts

If your computer needs a new font do display text written in a specific language, Internet Explorer can download the font automatically. This feature is turned on by default, but you can follow these steps to turn it on again if someone turned it off.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
In the Security Settings dialog box, scroll down to the Downloads section, and then, under Font download, choose one of the following options
To turn off automatic font installation, click Disable.
To allow automatic font installation, click Enable.
To have Internet Explorer ask you whether to install a font, click Prompt.
Click OK twice.
Notes

If the Auto-Select feature or a specific language pack is not installed on your computer, Internet Explorer prompts you to download the necessary files.
You can add a Language Encoding button to the Command bar to make switching between languages quicker. For more information, see Customize the Internet Explorer toolbars.