Somewhat complicated phone question...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52576

JKirk

27-01-2007 19:58:17

I need help figuring this out, I can't wait until Monday to find out. lol Okay, so I have a plan with US Cellular and it's a CDMA network meaning no sim card. I want to switch phones to a Blackberry and I currently have a Razr. I have a contract with US cellular that's one year I think and I had it in July. If I clear my ESN and sell my phone on eBay and then buy a Blackberry on eBay from US Cellular, how do I go about hooking the Blackberry from eBay up to my contract (if the ESN is cleared as well)? I know I have to find out if they support that phone but what's the process like? Anyone done something like this? Also, would it extend my contract if I switched phones?

+KMA for advice, suggestions, etc. Seriously, lots of it. wink

samz465

27-01-2007 20:14:54

Your contract wont extend. It can only extend if you Buy it directly from US cellular and ASK for a discount...Otherwise theres no extension.

To switch phones, just call em up and tell them you got a replacement phone and you need to do an ESN swap.

Personally, i think the only hassle you 'll have is the contacts issue...so make sure you write them down or something.

To find out if the blackberry is supported...Just ask whoever is selling it.

You might wanna look for a phone thats unlocked (i'm pretty sure they can unlock CDMA phones to run on other networks too now)

Thats about it.

PM me if you have more questions.

JKirk

28-01-2007 07:02:46

Well, I found one one eBay for a decent price but I just wanted to make sure that it could work. So, if I call US Cellular and ask them if it works and they say yes, then I buy that Blackberry get the ESN switched and then clear the ESN on my Razr and sell it on eBay? Does that sound like it would work? It sounds too easy to me.. lol +KMA BTW.

samz465

28-01-2007 09:12:05

[quote530b05d821="JKirk"]Well, I found one one eBay for a decent price but I just wanted to make sure that it could work. So, if I call US Cellular and ask them if it works and they say yes, then I buy that Blackberry get the ESN switched and then clear the ESN on my Razr and sell it on eBay? Does that sound like it would work? It sounds too easy to me.. lol +KMA BTW.[/quote530b05d821]

Waddya mean by "clear the ESN"
do you mean just have them switch it in the system?

And yeah...it's not that complicated.

and if you could, pm me the listing from ebay. I'll check it out...