Modem/Router Help

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52374

superintendent

25-01-2007 14:24:11

Ok, so I am thinking about upgrading to the internet subscription, MaxOnline Ultimate which supposedly give download speeds of up to 100.0 Mbps and upload speeds up to 2.0 Mbps. Now the only problem I have is I do not know which modem to get that can support these kind of speeds. There is a promotion where if you commit to 24 months of service they give you a free Motorola modem, but I doubt I will be in this country for 24 more months and the cancellation fee is insane. Here is a list of the specs that the Motorola modem has

SB6100 (100Mbps-ready) cable modem

li Provides up to four times the downstream capacity of today's DOCSIS 1.1 and DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems
li High-speed data access via 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45)
li Supports DOCSIS 1.1, DOCSIS 2.0 and DOCSIS 3.0 features
li Supports up to 63 computers on a single Internet connection (additional networking equipment required.)
li Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers

Now, I would buy this but it is S$525 (I think about 270 USD) if you buy it from them and I am assuming that is overpriced. So can any of you show me some modems that are similar to the one above, but cheaper?

Also, I dont need this right away but I might also be looking for a wireless router to go along with it, I am more interested in the modem atm though.

Thank you
)