Help With Computer Building!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49766

tjwor

15-12-2006 14:33:01

Ok, so I bout all the parts, and put it to gather, the CPU fan was the last part, I just installed it, it would turn on fine without the CPU fan, but as soon as I plug the fan in it won't start up, if I unplug the CPU fan it starts up like normal... what is the problem? There is no other slot that the CPU fan could be plugging into, it is the right socket for my MoBo (775), what else could I be doin gwrong??? I need Serious Help!!!

tjwor

15-12-2006 14:40:59

it seems like the CPU fan is tightening too hard on the CPU, because I got it to work a few times after un connecting it from the MOBO itself...

any help you can give me would be great!

dmorris68

15-12-2006 14:48:51

You didn't force the fan plug backwards did you? The Molex connector on the fan is keyed to only fit one way.

Is this an Intel factory CPU heatsink/fan, or an aftermarket HSF?

tjwor

15-12-2006 15:01:03

[quoted065adaed9="dmorris68"]You didn't force the fan plug backwards did you? The Molex connector on the fan is keyed to only fit one way.

Is this an Intel factory CPU heatsink/fan, or an aftermarket HSF?[/quoted065adaed9]

It is a aftermarket, i got it to work, idk what the problem was... but everything is working great, i took out the MoBo and put the fan on again... now I just have to find windows XP so i can get this puppy rolling!

dudeextrem2000

15-12-2006 17:25:18

sorry tjwor, lol i wasnt home... or I woulda responded to ya... ever consider case modding and some extra lighting?