Need desperate help w/ my iPod....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49067

dudeextrem2000

27-11-2006 18:52:57

Ok, to start off, I havent been able to update my ipod in about a year (it sux), whenever I plug it into my computer it kind of freezes everything in my computer temporarily. This is odd, because nothing freezez my computer (my new one @ least). Anyways, whenver if finally loads as a mass storage device, my only option it to format it (in my computer) also it never once shows up in itunes.... any help would be GREATLY appreciated

theysayjump

27-11-2006 18:58:48

Have you updated iTunes?

Do you have iTunes set to open when you plug your iPod into your computer, because that may be slowing it down.

dudeextrem2000

27-11-2006 20:01:30

[quoteb21e444efe="theysayjump"]Have you updated iTunes?

Do you have iTunes set to open when you plug your iPod into your computer, because that may be slowing it down.[/quoteb21e444efe]

yes, i've updated and itunes is already open when I plug it in (I've tried it both ways)

I've heard that if you completely reformat it your screwed right?

ilanbg

27-11-2006 20:22:37

Have you called tech support?

dudeextrem2000

27-11-2006 20:28:08

i dont have any apple care on it, but i've tried over the internet, and they just gave me the basic (restore) speech

itismejoshy

01-12-2006 22:06:43

ya i had this happen...don't format it unless you want to lose all your data, but that will solve the problem.....i did it, not knowing....it has somethin to do with the user name on your ipod a rep from apple told me....did you try completely uninstalling itunes, restarting your pc, then reinstallin it and restarting it again...then after all is install correctly plug your ipod in.....thats what the rep told me to do...didn't work but thats what he told me....good luck it has somethin to do with the security on the ipod...did you plug it into some one else's itunes? i dunno?

dudeextrem2000

06-12-2006 19:54:01

[quote98414a45aa="itismejoshy"]ya i had this happen...don't format it unless you want to lose all your data, but that will solve the problem.....[b98414a45aa]i did it, not knowing....[/b98414a45aa]it has somethin to do with the user name on your iPod a rep from apple told me....did you try completely uninstalling itunes, restarting your pc, then reinstallin it and restarting it again...then after all is install correctly plug your iPod in.....thats what the rep told me to do...didn't work but thats what he told me....good luck it has somethin to do with the security on the iPod...did you plug it into some one else's itunes? i dunno?[/quote98414a45aa]

when you reformatted it how did you reinstall the apple "ipod" software? and no I havent plugged it into anyone elses computer, ill try completely uninstalling it though, i think I have b4, but heck what can it hurt?.... lloll thx!!