iPod/iTunes question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48374

CollidgeGraduit

14-11-2006 08:33:24

Lately my music has been sounding really "blatty", like the pre-amp on the songs are way to loud, and the volume is low. Is there some new setting in iTunes that can fix this? It seems like it's only been happening recently.

dmorris68

14-11-2006 09:10:53

Does it sound the same on the PC with iTunes as it does from the iPod?

Did you fool around and turn on one of the EQ presets? I generally leave the EQ stuff alone, as I find most all the presets sound worse than the standard signal, and some I recall sounding similar to what you describe.

CollidgeGraduit

14-11-2006 09:14:23

[quote7556b5e542="dmorris68"]Does it sound the same on the PC with iTunes as it does from the iPod?

Did you fool around and turn on one of the EQ presets? I generally leave the EQ stuff alone, as I find most all the presets sound worse than the standard signal, and some I recall sounding similar to what you describe.[/quote7556b5e542]

It does sound the same on the PC as on the iPod, so that rules out any settings on the iPod.. but, it doesn't seem to be on ALL songs, which puzzles me. Unfortunately I'm not at home to really test this out, but I can remote connect to check what settings area.

Edit I found a setting (Called "Sound Check") that seems to offer to normalize the volume. I turned it on, so I'll check the results when I get home.