YESSSSS MY MACBOOK CHIPPED!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48225

unknown uchiha

09-11-2006 23:27:13

http/" alt=""/img143.imageshack.us/img="143/483/macbookkt2.png[" alt=""/imgcbab54900c]

I'm upset how the FUCK that happened.

Oh. That's a paint job over an Engadget stock photo. Basically, a portion of my keyboard part case has been neatly chipped off for some unknown reason.

Tholek

09-11-2006 23:48:52

Look at the bright side. At least you [idbdad13263]have[/idbdad13263] one. ;)

turpentinedreams

10-11-2006 13:59:37

the apple store would love to replace it for you. they would probably have spare macbook cases but if not they ship overnight both ways, and if you live aways away from the store they will ship the mac to your house.

VrExe

10-11-2006 15:56:44

Ya, Apple will happily fix those problems for you. Apparently, there have been alot of cosmetic issues including colours fading or darkening, etc. But Apple fixes the problems at no charge.

unknown uchiha

27-12-2006 00:10:59

[quotee0f884da2e="VrExe"]Ya, Apple will happily fix those problems for you. Apparently, there have been alot of cosmetic issues including colours fading or darkening, etc. But Apple fixes the problems at no charge.[/quotee0f884da2e]

I'm bumping my months-old thread to bring you this update

The Apple Store was anal about it, they checked visually measured every tiny bit of the crack just to refuse service to me and blamed ME for neglecting my Macbook. On top of that, they tried "proving" that it was my fault by PUSHING DOWN ON MY MACBOOK WITH FORCE (opened AND closed), then saying that I needed to send it in and get Apple to check it out (Excuse me, aren't YOU GUYS representing Apple?)

Seriously. The person who was "helping" me out wasn't qualified to be a "Genius".

Any other ideas? My trackpad clicker is kinda un-sensitive/doesn't click on the right side and theres a lot of crap underneath the keyboard that I'd like to sweep away too =/

Perhaps there's a DIY Macbook replacement case? I'm going to revisit my Apple Store this weekend and try this one more time.