Xbox 360 mods

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=47201

BD2006BD

15-10-2006 21:31:38

Does anyone here have their Xbox 360 modded? What can you do with it? Play copied games or what? Can you do this with just the HDD adapter? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Also, with the Xbox HDD Adapter is there a way to use it witouth the ATA cable? I don't have thoes slots on my PC.

When I had my xbox 1 I had it modded and doing cool things, I just don't know how to do it with a 360.

Any help is appreciated and +Karma if I get what I need.

Lightliquid

15-10-2006 21:40:54

Im not sure so take this with a grain of salt. I believe you can mod the software on the 360 to allow you to play copied disks. Im not sure where or how tho.

Gooogler

15-10-2006 21:45:23

I have the required stuff to do so, all you need is a computer with regular ports and if you don't have the right thing maybe a cable off the net. But at the moment, 360 modding is completely retarted, you can play pirated games offline (but still risking having your 360 banned from xbl) and you get no gamerscore, plus you cant go on xbl till you reformat your DVD drive. DON'T DO IT.

h3x

15-10-2006 21:48:25

http//www.xbox-scene.com[]http//www.xbox-scene.com

... and they have external devices that allow to switch between factory firmware and modified firmware. So you don't need to reformat anything.

Allen626

15-10-2006 21:56:42

Hell yeah for xbox 360 modding. Already modded someones Xbox 360 but modded tons of xbox 1's. It is so easy. And I am not so sure on the banning on XBL part I didn't think they scanned your firmware yet to know if it is a copy or not.

jy3

16-10-2006 07:18:38

yeah i think it is too risky with such an expensive machine, personally. just get games for free from freebie sites )

TryinToGetPaid

16-10-2006 08:26:42

Isn't there an Xbox 360 chip, Globe 360?

Gooogler

16-10-2006 17:06:09

[quoteb99da74c6d="TryinToGetPaid"]Isn't there an Xbox 360 chip, Globe 360?[/quoteb99da74c6d]

Yeah, all it does is allow you to switch firmwares so you don't have to reformat. 360 modding is a joke at the moment roll

michae229

16-10-2006 17:46:12

hey to me its better than buying the games the cost of doing is cheaper than buying a game

Allen626

16-10-2006 22:45:43

[quote181a733c1f="Gooogler"][quote181a733c1f="TryinToGetPaid"]Isn't there an Xbox 360 chip, Globe 360?[/quote181a733c1f]

Yeah, all it does is allow you to switch firmwares so you don't have to reformat. 360 modding is a joke at the moment roll[/quote181a733c1f]

A Joke? It is quite serious. I have modded one and the guy absolutely loves it every game out works for it. And I am about to mod another. I have modded much more xboxs but you can homebrew on xbox 1 and well xbox 1 modding just fucking owned compared to any other modding.

I mean dreamcast was cool and the VCD player was ok but even that was just a commerical mod. They had a divx player that was homebrew but the dreamcast could not supply the power for it for the quality most people wanted. DreamSNES was badass but still it was slow although it got up there with 90% speed and high compatiblity. Xbox was the #1 and will always be in my book as the best modding scene there is. The xbox modding scene was insane and still is.

h3x

16-10-2006 23:23:39

[quote1d40260ac3="Allen626"][quote1d40260ac3="Gooogler"][quote1d40260ac3="TryinToGetPaid"]Isn't there an Xbox 360 chip, Globe 360?[/quote1d40260ac3]

Yeah, all it does is allow you to switch firmwares so you don't have to reformat. 360 modding is a joke at the moment roll[/quote1d40260ac3]

A Joke? It is quite serious. I have modded one and the guy absolutely loves it every game out works for it. And I am about to mod another. I have modded much more xboxs but you can homebrew on xbox 1 and well xbox 1 modding just fucking owned compared to any other modding.

I mean dreamcast was cool and the VCD player was ok but even that was just a commerical mod. They had a divx player that was homebrew but the dreamcast could not supply the power for it for the quality most people wanted. DreamSNES was badass but still it was slow although it got up there with 90% speed and high compatiblity. Xbox was the #1 and will always be in my book as the best modding scene there is. The xbox modding scene was insane and still is.[/quote1d40260ac3]

The XBOX was everything that the Dreamcast would have been in the next-gen... You could even call the Dreamcast, the XBOX 0 (The main foundation to what the XBOX is today).

The Dreamcast scene is still alive, though very very quiet. Dreamcast is overclockable to 233 MHz the last time I checked and you could overclock the GPU as well... I'm sure there is some benefit to that in homebrew.

I don't have an XBOX 360 but I am into XBOX 1 modding... You should definetely download the latest XBMC 2.0.0 release (T3CH build 10-15-06) with MC360 0.99b... Now with full 169 and HD support... It even upconverts your DVDs to 720p/1080i. http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/dae9951f400225b51bf2bb33d35abb26.gif[" alt=""/img1d40260ac3]

Gooogler

17-10-2006 12:08:54

[quote4f048ee5fe="Allen626"][quote4f048ee5fe="Gooogler"][quote4f048ee5fe="TryinToGetPaid"]Isn't there an Xbox 360 chip, Globe 360?[/quote4f048ee5fe]

Yeah, all it does is allow you to switch firmwares so you don't have to reformat. 360 modding is a joke at the moment roll[/quote4f048ee5fe]

I mean dreamcast was cool and the VCD player was ok but even that was just a commerical mod. They had a divx player that was homebrew but the dreamcast could not supply the power for it for the quality most people wanted. DreamSNES was badass but still it was slow although it got up there with 90% speed and high compatiblity. Xbox was the #1 and will always be in my book as the best modding scene there is. The xbox modding scene was insane and still is.[/quote4f048ee5fe]

Let me rephrase that. For some people, the current 360 mods are great, but for me, the 360 revolves around XBL and being able to integrate mods into it, so I really don't care to play "backups" of mediocre games (yes, I might be more interested if the 360 had some amazing offline games) when I can't get any gamerscore etc... from it.

Tsmith10803

17-10-2006 13:04:08

well, there's an xbox live update going on as we speak, lets see if those burnt games can still play tomorow

BVGuitarPlayer

23-10-2006 08:32:31

curious......can they? will they? My 360 (which by the way actually came in from FreePay, months and months later) isn't modded.

Commander

30-10-2006 04:18:20

[quote63e98dbfc4="BD2006BD"]Does anyone here have their Xbox 360 modded? What can you do with it? Play copied games or what? Can you do this with just the HDD adapter? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Also, with the Xbox HDD Adapter is there a way to use it witouth the ATA cable? I don't have thoes slots on my PC.

When I had my xbox 1 I had it modded and doing cool things, I just don't know how to do it with a 360.

Any help is appreciated and +Karma if I get what I need.[/quote63e98dbfc4]

I's not that hard. Read the forums. You need a sata connection on your mobo and the sata leads to go into your 360. You need to open your 360 hence voiding the warranty. Depending on your drive (sammy or hitachi) dl the firmware and you need to flash your drive. (if you want to keep the firmware up to date you need to do this all the time) On mine I cut a hole at the back by the mesh grill and slotted the cable out so I now only have to take the side panel of my pc out to connect. But if you got say xtreme 2.2 you shouldn't need to bother updating again ever...

You need a DL burner obviously, and some dl (8.5) disks9I recommend verbatim) gone through 40+ and still not 1 coaster.

I have played on XBL many times, and I really dont think there is a way they can stop you from going on there (just yet) anyway. As for the stealth patches then theres no point really (again, not just yet)

Get the games from torrent sites, look for the ones which are already prepatched etc etc so you dont have to use SS merger, you can just extract and burn with clonecd.

As for googler saying no gamer score?? WTF you on about?

I use xbl now and again plus have over 40 games (will prove with a pic if need be) and not an amazing score but I have 9000+ (yea from 40 games...) and can take it onto xbl....

IT IS WELL WORTH IT. Why pay like $80 a game to find out that it's crap (or even renting it) when you can just download it for free and use as your collection.

Oh also, if a game is locked to PAL then you can't use it on ntsc/j or whatever the others are. I am sure there will be a patch that will allow all regions to be played in the future just like xbox and ps2.....

I see you don't have the SATA cables? You can actually buy connectors which have a sata end (right angle female or somehting) I dont know much about this, because I had everything I needed.

As for the HDD it's pretty useless afetr you have modded, you can't load games from it or nothing (except ones downloaded from XBL of course) so You could easily pick up a core pack and play about with it.

Many guides on the net - http//www.xbox-scene.com/ - click tutorials on the net. Although if you dig a bit deeper on other sites/forums yopu will get better guides and a lot more detailed.

Oh well, hope that helps you get started )

Captain All That

31-10-2006 07:13:05

Great post Commander... I can now purchase a 360 or get one from NIUTech... )

BD2006BD

29-11-2006 15:16:12

does anyone have a link to a tutorial on how to do this? I had one a while ago but I can't find it. And please don't tell me to google or search xbox scene. I'm just wondering if someone did this from a certain link and they can share that with me.