iSight camera question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46959

Buster389

10-10-2006 18:57:07

i just got my macbook today and i used the iSight camera and when you take a pic it takes it like a mirror so any words are backwards. does anyone know how to change this setting so it will be normal?

Thanx +karma for the help

ilanbg

10-10-2006 18:59:30

You could flip it in photoshop.

I hate the iSight feature. Adds an extra hundred dollars to the price and it's never been used since I got it.

Buster389

10-10-2006 19:08:55

your right i prolly wont use it much but if i do having words backwards would be anoying.

Gooogler

10-10-2006 19:35:58

I have always wondered why it does that, It's pretty retarted.

mistertomlinson

10-10-2006 19:59:11

Well, if you're a little paranoid about being robbed (as I am... I actually paid $1,700 for this bastard, having sold my iBook from Niutech for $735, and I love it like my own child), you could get "Undercover" for $30 (when I found this software online, I didn't waste one second before purchasing it). I'm sure if anybody's interested, they could google it... because I don't want to turn into an advertisement explaining all of the sweet assed details. But, one of the features uses the iSight to take pictures of the person who has stolen your Macbook while they use it (unbeknownst to them)... anyway, the makers of the software will actually locate your stolen Macbook and contact the police with the information the program has gathered. Pretty dope, huh?

Gooogler

10-10-2006 21:06:58

That's sweet!... Did you take a picture of your abs and set it as your avy? roll

x323smostwantedx

10-10-2006 21:09:55

[quote3ab252d00e="Gooogler"]That's sweet!... Did you take a picture of your abs and set it as your avy? roll[/quote3ab252d00e]
LOL

unknown uchiha

10-10-2006 21:34:56

[quoted036ba0df0="mistertomlinson"]Well, if you're a little paranoid about being robbed (as I am... I actually paid $1,700 for this bastard, having sold my iBook from Niutech for $735, and I love it like my own child), you could get "Undercover" for $30 (when I found this software online, I didn't waste one second before purchasing it). I'm sure if anybody's interested, they could google it... because I don't want to turn into an advertisement explaining all of the sweet assed details. But, one of the features uses the iSight to take pictures of the person who has stolen your Macbook while they use it (unbeknownst to them)... anyway, the makers of the software will actually locate your stolen Macbook and contact the police with the information the program has gathered. Pretty dope, huh?[/quoted036ba0df0]

Dude. There's also iAlertU which will act like a Car Alarm for your Macbook and snapping pix of the perpetrators.

Nobody wants to run around with a car alarm sounding Macbook.

AND

Why does the iSight mirror your images? Because it's a mirror. It shows YOU the way YOU would look at YOURSELF. Online to another person? It shows you normally, NOT mirrored.

mistertomlinson

10-10-2006 23:24:03

[quote61e8e677b8="Gooogler"]That's sweet!... Did you take a picture of your abs and set it as your avy? roll[/quote61e8e677b8]

Damn right, I did... 8)

mistertomlinson

10-10-2006 23:36:24

oops... bump...

... and I've heard about that other alarm software, but I would never leave my Macbook lying around in the open giving someone the opportunity to steal her anyway (that's right... I said "her"). So that program wasn't really a good option for me. If someone takes my Macbook, it is going to be while it's powered down and I am completely unsuspecting. Once I find my Macbook has been stolen, I call the number or send an email to the company and they flag my Macbook ID# as stolen. Next time the thief gets online (or the person he sells it to) the program will recognize the host Macbook as stolen and begin collecting info, i.e. external/internal IPs, network settings, determine the ISP and hopefully with the use of these, the Macbook can be tracked down to a physical location. The ISP HAS to (according to the website) release ALL of the user's information (address, identity and what not), seeing as how the issue is pertaining to stolen items... and the police handle the rest. In the event that I never see my Macbook again, the company will give me back my $30...

unknown uchiha

10-10-2006 23:50:05

That's awesome. Apple is selling something like that too, I think it was $50 though.

mistertomlinson

11-10-2006 03:27:55

Shit! I would much rather use Apple's... though I'm happy with my purchase and completely trust I'd get my Macbook back in the event that I am robbed... I got some googling to do... or maybe I'll just go to the Apple site.

unknown uchiha

11-10-2006 03:41:08

Apple is selling a third-party's product. Not their own ]

Rest assured you got a good deal.

I THINK it might be the same service too.