apple.ygf & mcr's - 2 months and still waiting!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=72042

ranman106

10-12-2007 18:55:24

I filed a mcr on Apple.YGF on 10/18/07. Because I had not waited the 7 days, I had to refile the mcr on 10/21/07.

It is now 12-11-07 (almost 2 months!). Other than responses from Margot (your great!), I have heard nothing. Admin has not responded to any of my e-mails.

Is this typical for YGF? When does Admin go to bat for the trader on their site?

I don't have a good impression of this site right now. I know another person waiting for a mcr from 10-07 on apple.ygf as well.

zr2152

10-12-2007 19:42:23

It is not the site that has control over MCR's. IDZ is one of the only affiliates that takes them still cause of all the fraud and even then, they can take up to 3-4 months.

I still have some MCR's on my site that are pending from the beginning of September.

It sucks but that is just how it is right now unfortunately.

ranman106

11-12-2007 16:59:53

I never have this problem with TRAINN. The longest I have waited on a TRAINN site is 23 days, not 50+ and counting.

PhillyJan

13-12-2007 09:07:08

Three to four months for an MCR? OK, someone explain then how Trainn can do them in 10 days. I did a $40 hosting offer on YGF and had to submit an MCR. Six weeks later, still waiting. Support tells me it takes 1-4 weeks "and sometimes longer." But my MCR appears as "unread" on the site and there's no way to check its status while I'm waiting and waiting.

I'm grateful they accept MCRs, but having to wait indefinitely doesn't make me eager to try to work the site for myself down the line. If the admin would light a fire under some of these affiliates, it would go a long way towards improving YGF's rep, which is taking a real hit over at FLR.

And ranman, word on the part about the admin delegating some authority to the support folks. I think that would be the best way to solve the gridlock that seems to be affecting support at YGF.

skepticalcynic

13-12-2007 11:09:19

TRAINN is a big enough company that they could pay for credits that they think are legit even though the affiliate may not have given credit. Such a loss for them could be easily absorbed, whereas a smaller network wouldn't be able to afford to do that.

zr2152

13-12-2007 11:35:18

[quotee76ce1162a="skepticalcynic"]TRAINN is a big enough company that they could pay for credits that they think are legit even though the affiliate may not have given credit. Such a loss for them could be easily absorbed, whereas a smaller network wouldn't be able to afford to do that.[/quotee76ce1162a]

Yes but that is not why they do it.

[quotee76ce1162a="PhillyJan"]Three to four months for an MCR? OK, someone explain then how Trainn can do them in 10 days. I did a $40 hosting offer on YGF and had to submit an MCR. Six weeks later, still waiting. Support tells me it takes 1-4 weeks "and sometimes longer." But my MCR appears as "unread" on the site and there's no way to check its status while I'm waiting and waiting.

I'm grateful they accept MCRs, but having to wait indefinitely doesn't make me eager to try to work the site for myself down the line. If the admin would light a fire under some of these affiliates, it would go a long way towards improving YGF's rep, which is taking a real hit over at FLR.

And ranman, word on the part about the admin delegating some authority to the support folks. I think that would be the best way to solve the gridlock that seems to be affecting support at YGF.[/quotee76ce1162a]

I can explain it to you perfectly well.

Trainn is their own affiliate meaning that they provdide them offer themselves, not from a 2nd party affiliate. Have you not noticed how the full credit offers on trainn are usually 1/2 or 1/3 credit on most other sites?

With trainn being their own affiliate, they cut out the middle man and are able to provide higher payouts and be in contact with the advertisters diectly in order to speed up the MCR's.

And stop complaining about his reputation over on FLR. FLR is full of many unknowledgeable project payday users (not all but many) who are quick to pull the trigger and cry wolf. Maybe you should become more knowledgeable before you start posting BS that you have no idea what you are talking about.

skepticalcynic

13-12-2007 12:34:37

That I didn't know. Thank you for explaining )

zr2152

13-12-2007 12:53:17

[quotee6e200097e="skepticalcynic"]That I didn't know. Thank you for explaining )[/quotee6e200097e]

You are most certainly welcome )

People need to realize that site owners are not out to get them and understand exactly how the freebie scene works.

ranman106

13-12-2007 18:26:59

PhillyJan, I'm there with you!

I understand how the freebie scene works. I joined and posted here in hopes that Admin would address my problem since I have been e-mailing Margot for the past 2 months and she has done all she can.

All I've gotten from Admin here and at Apple.YGF is silence. That's right, no response. I know he's seen my posts but chooses to answer other post that don't require the solution to a problem. And from what I've read from some of the other posts on this forum, it seems to be his standard operating procedure.

ranman106

14-12-2007 20:15:31

I have a song for everyone since I am in the Christmas spirit!

(to the tune of "Winter Wonderland")

[i8fe3884327]Admin is ignoring us, he's not listening
We send in support tickets, he keeps dissing
Whats a trader to do
We're stuck in his sites poo
Ignored again by the YGF Admin[/i8fe3884327]

I could go on but I'm tired.

zr2152

14-12-2007 20:28:15

[quote42c7335903="ranman106"]I have a song for everyone since I am in the Christmas spirit!

(to the tune of "Winter Wonderland")

[i42c7335903]Admin is ignoring us, he's not listening
We send in support tickets, he keeps dissing
Whats a trader to do
We're stuck in his sites poo
Ignored by the YGF Admin[/i42c7335903]

I could go on but I'm tired.[/quote42c7335903]

If you are really 42 years old like your profile says, you are extremely immature for your age.

ranman106

14-12-2007 22:20:27

[quote11c47a4608="zr2152"]If you are really 42 years old like your profile says, you are extremely immature for your age.[/quote11c47a4608]

Well, let's see, I am 42 years old, will be 43 in a few months.

Sometimes I am immature but thats what keeps me young lol .

And my song lyrics reflect my feelings (and I'm sure others as well) 100% correctly. Btw, you should hear my "Chestnuts Roasting On This Campfire" . My son LOVES it.

Fact is, the lyrics sing of truth since your only response is to call me extremely immature. Funny how songs work like that.

ranman106

17-12-2007 21:10:53

I see Admin has been on the forum posting. But, just not in threads with questions / complaints that require action on his part.

Hmmmm, I feel a new song coming on.....

YourGiftsFree

19-12-2007 20:24:17

[quotef48c3ab247="ranman106"]I filed a mcr on Apple.YGF on 10/18/07. Because I had not waited the 7 days, I had to refile the mcr on 10/21/07.

It is now 12-11-07 (almost 2 months!). Other than responses from Margot (your great!), I have heard nothing. Admin has not responded to any of my e-mails.

Is this typical for YGF? When does Admin go to bat for the trader on their site?

I don't have a good impression of this site right now. I know another person waiting for a mcr from 10-07 on apple.ygf as well.[/quotef48c3ab247]

I believe they denied your credit request.

ranman106

20-12-2007 19:20:54

[quote2e978f67a0="YourGiftsFree"][quote2e978f67a0="ranman106"]I filed a mcr on Apple.YGF on 10/18/07. Because I had not waited the 7 days, I had to refile the mcr on 10/21/07.

I don't have a good impression of this site right now. I know another person waiting for a mcr from 10-07 on apple.ygf as well.[/quote2e978f67a0]

I believe they denied your credit request.[/quote2e978f67a0]

You BELIEVE they denied my request? shock Your the admin and you DON'T know for certain??? WOW!!!!! shock

If you, the Admin, submit mcrs to the vendors on the 30th of each month, how was my credit denied on the 10-21 when it was submitted on 10-18?

It was denied by you, not the vendor, because I had not waited the proper length of time before filing the mcr. I resubmitted the mcr on 10-21 per your instructions and Margot assured me that it would go in on 10-30, no problem. The mcr has sat there with an "unread" status on apple.ygf since it was filed on 10-21-07.

I'm just still amazed that as Site Admin, you don't know for certain. shock

If it is denied, I want to see the proof from the vendor (with e-mail headers) including the reason for the credit denial.

How long before I get a response that your are certain about?

zr2152

21-12-2007 15:18:12

[quoteacec330dfe="ranman106"][quoteacec330dfe="YourGiftsFree"][quoteacec330dfe="ranman106"]I filed a mcr on Apple.YGF on 10/18/07. Because I had not waited the 7 days, I had to refile the mcr on 10/21/07.

I don't have a good impression of this site right now. I know another person waiting for a mcr from 10-07 on apple.ygf as well.[/quoteacec330dfe]

I believe they denied your credit request.[/quoteacec330dfe]

You BELIEVE they denied my request? shock Your the admin and you DON'T know for certain??? WOW!!!!! shock

If you, the Admin, submit mcrs to the vendors on the 30th of each month, how was my credit denied on the 10-21 when it was submitted on 10-18?

It was denied by you, not the vendor, because I had not waited the proper length of time before filing the mcr. I resubmitted the mcr on 10-21 per your instructions and Margot assured me that it would go in on 10-30, no problem. The mcr has sat there with an "unread" status on apple.ygf since it was filed on 10-21-07.

I'm just still amazed that as Site Admin, you don't know for certain. shock

If it is denied, I want to see the proof from the vendor (with e-mail headers) including the reason for the credit denial.

How long before I get a response that your are certain about?[/quoteacec330dfe]

Just because it is marked unread doesnt mean he didnt send it. He might have read and sent it on the time he said he did but just didnt hit the "Read" option.

Margot530

21-12-2007 17:22:42

I have never seen one marked as read since I have been here. After marking them as sent, the next update will not occur until they come back from the affiliates.

Seems more and more, many of these are taking a very long time. Just as you have commented zr2152, MCR approval is becoming far more difficult.

One thing I have seen with the new affiliate change, is that the MCR turn in rate is way below normal...that is really encouraging! Perhaps approvals will go smoother now as well.

;)

YourGiftsFree

21-12-2007 20:05:41

Yes, it will go directly from "Unread" to Granted/Denied. But yes, the affiliate denied your request.

ranman106

22-12-2007 09:26:50

[quote1eaa9efb74="YourGiftsFree"]Yes, it will go directly from "Unread" to Granted/Denied. But yes, the affiliate denied your request.[/quote1eaa9efb74]

I want to see proof of the the denial from the affiliate including the reason for the denial that was sent to you.

Here is a screen shot from my account as of 516pm today.

http//i27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/ranman106/aygf.jpg[" alt=""/img1eaa9efb74]

nomadant

23-12-2007 15:33:58

I don't think there is a site out there that would send you the email on why your offer was denied. Sure, he may give you a reason, but you also have to remember sometimes there just isn't one. Affiliates nowadays can deny credit because they feel like it, what you have to remember is an MCR does not guarantee that you will get credit for the offer, sorry.

zr2152

23-12-2007 17:28:38

Correct. When reports are denied, they usually do not give a reason. If they affiliates dont get paid in a certain amount of time, neither do the site owners.

ranman106

26-12-2007 22:57:15

Check the screen shot please.

All I'm saying is that if all mcr's are submitted to the affiliates on the 30th of each month, how did THEY deny my credit on the 21st when it was submitted on the 18th? shock

Fact is THEY didn't, ADMIN did and refuses to follow through now.

Look. I'm just tired of being jerked around. And from the look of other posts on this forum, ADMIN jerks everybody!!!

I will NEVER do another YGF site and my advice to everyone else, RUN AWAY FROM YGF AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! AVOID AT ALL TIMES!!!

I now understand why your sites are banned on forums like Anything4free.

Btw, TRAINN didn't start out BIG!! They are number one because of customer service, something you woefully lack and thats why your sites will never be more than what they are, 2nd rate and avoidable.

nomadant

26-12-2007 23:33:11

This is so untrue. A MCR will be denied if you didn't submitt it properly either. And as far as support is concerned with Margot there it's top notch.

zr2152

27-12-2007 15:42:06

[quoteb57625d4f4="ranman106"]Check the screen shot please.

All I'm saying is that if all mcr's are submitted to the affiliates on the 30th of each month, how did THEY deny my credit on the 21st when it was submitted on the 18th? shock

Fact is THEY didn't, ADMIN did and refuses to follow through now.

Look. I'm just tired of being jerked around. And from the look of other posts on this forum, ADMIN jerks everybody!!!

I will NEVER do another YGF site and my advice to everyone else, RUN AWAY FROM YGF AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! AVOID AT ALL TIMES!!!

I now understand why your sites are banned on forums like Anything4free.

Btw, TRAINN didn't start out BIG!! They are number one because of customer service, something you woefully lack and thats why your sites will never be more than what they are, 2nd rate and avoidable.[/quoteb57625d4f4]

BTW-YGF is not supported for other reasons other than his site-wow you are ignorant and should learn a few things before you stop posting incorrect BS. Geeeez. Know your facts.

I have never had a problem with YGF cause I know what I am doing, maybe the fault is yours.

Margot530

27-12-2007 16:09:32

Hello,

Thank you nomadant, that was very kind of you to say...I do try. ;)

With regards to your MCR ranman106, it is indeed very possible that it was denied prior to the 30th. I don't know for a fact that this happened, but, Admin. does have a working relationship with these folks that does require that he communicate with them often. Would it seem so odd that he may gather some MCR's together when talking, and see if he can get you approved? Please remember that your approval, means YGF gets paid. Admin. honestly wants each and every one of your MCR's to be approved.

Some MCR's get approved before the 30th...same scenario, or something similar? It sure is possible.

The statement you received regarding it's submittal with full headers and time frame for filing is standard for everyone that gets an MCR denied... it is not necessarily the actual reason that it was. I think this is sent because it contains 2 of the most common reasons for denial. This is in fact the same or very near the same as on all sites...had my share of denials so I've seen this more then once. As to the actual reason for the denial, that is something no one is told by the affiliates...and I doubt Admin. knows the specific reason for the majority of denials either. It's really a moot point if you think about it, because the offer can never be done again. There are however many great posts that can help you eliminate several crediting issues from ever happening. Here are a few links to a couple of them, that are very informative, as well as a thread that I copied authored by Shagz, that is really great.

Hope these help you,

YGF Margot D

Possible reasons you many not be getting your greens. Lots of helpful information.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59132&viewall=1

Guide to greens

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64161

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding this Topic

Why didn't I get Credit for the offer I did?

There are many factors that come into play when getting credit from an offer, some of the reasons why a credit doesn't come through could be

- You've previously done the offer before (only do each offer once)
- Your Cookie Settings are incorrect.
- You have Software Preventing Cookies from being placed correctly (Virus/Spyware Protection/Firewall)
- You Didn't Clear Your Cookies before doing the offer
- Your Form of Payment didn't have the necessary funds available to cover all the cost (Processing + Shipping)
- You used a Pre-Paid Credit Card (Most Advertisers do not support these, and will revoke leads when these are used)
- You traveled away from the landing page that the offer click took you to
- You provided fraudulent (or fake) information
- You Did not let the website load completely (make sure all pages finish loading, before closing the page)
- The publisher that the offer is run through had problems (rarely the cause)
- You Do NOT meet the Eligibility for the offer (Residency, Age)
- You Did NOT fulfill the requirements of the offer
(Signing up for a specific level of service, Length of Service, etc.)
- If the IP Address (address given to your computer/network from your Internet Service Provider) you accessed the offer from has been credited for the offer previously on another site, this would cause a non-credit.

Important Note Even if you have the confirmation email, were charged successfully, and have already received your product, if any of the above factors took place, you many not receive credit.

How Do I Find my FULL Headers in my confirmation emails?

No one will have a flawless offer crediting record, so I feel it is warranted to supply everyone with the information on HOW TO get the full confirmation emails with headers which are required to apply for "Manual Credit" on any/all freebie sites when problems occur.

Many people don't realize they are not seeing full headers when they are looking at an email. The basic header information with date, subject, to, from, is not the full header.

Use the Information Provided HERE to view the FULL HEADERS
http//mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22454&topic=43

After your headers are viewable, copy and paste them, and paste that in your manual credit ticket you are creating on the freebie site.

Most sites have a specific manual credit ticket system, for these purposes.

TIP You MUST get the full headers, then combine the Headers collected, with the original email "body" to have a Manual Credit Sufficient email.

For offers that require more than signing up, proof of "meeting the requirements" is usually needed (like winning and paying for an auction on Bidz.com)

How Do I Clear My Cookies?

IE6

1. Select "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "General" again.
2. Under the heading "Temporary Internet files," click on "Delete Cookies..."
3. Click "OK" for the "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?" prompt.
4. Click "OK" to exit.

IE7

1. Click on "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "General" again.
2. Click the "Delete..." button.
3. Under the heading "Cookies," click on "Delete cookies..."
4. Click "Yes" for the "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?" prompt.
5. Click "Close" to exit.

Firefox 1.5 or earlier

1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on "Tools" > "Options" > "Privacy."
3. Click on "Cookies" > "Clear."
4. Select "OK" to exit.

Firefox 2.0

1. Click on "Tools" > "Options" > "Privacy."
2. Under the "Private Data" heading, click on the "Clear Now" button.
3. Click "OK" to exit.

Netscape 7.x/Mozilla - Windows

1. Within Netscape, go to Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage Stored Cookies.
2. Click Remove All Cookies.

Netscape 7.x/Mozilla - Mac

1. Within Netscape, go to Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage Stored Cookies.
2. Click Remove All Cookies.
3. Click OK.

Safari 2.x

1. Open Safari and go to Safari | Preferences.
2. Click Security.
3. Click Show Cookies.
4. Click Remove All.

What is "the landing page"?

The landing page is where you are redirected to when you click on an offer, if you click away from this page to read a terms of service, privacy policy, or something else about the site, it could "Possibly" cause a no-credit issue, as some of the landing pages have whats called a "CREDITING Pixel" which is a small image which links to the freebie site and tells the advertiser where the lead was generated from, which in result gives that freebie site credit for your lead (this pixel is normally located on the order processed/completed page though).

It is advised to always, click the link, arrive at the landing page, and complete the offer. If you want to click around the site and read the TOS, or Privacy Policy, etc., I advise you open those in a new window (or tab), rather then browsing away from the landing page.

Note Filling out your information and clicking continue, is not leaving the landing page and will not affect anything. (It is what you're supposed to do).

What do I do if I have left the landing page and have clicked around the offer-site already?

Honestly your best option would be to close the offer page, clear your cookies, then click to open the offer-site again, and proceed accordingly.

TIP If you've visited an offer before and decided you didn't want to do it and are now about to do it, CLEAR YOUR COOKIES FIRST! Clearing your cookies in this situation will prevent the offer from not crediting, as well as putting a stop to the offer crediting to the WRONG Freebie Site you are pursuing (yes this does happen)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just So You Know Even if you do everything right, there are limits to the capabilities of offer tracking. If a user has viewed the same offer from different sites on the same network (123, trainn, free4me, etc.) within a short period of time, it could still credit to the wrong site. Sometimes it credits to the first site clicked, sometimes the most recent. There is no concrete explanation for this, so I will only suggest to take your time, and try to follow everything advised here in this FAQ.

ranman106

28-12-2007 15:18:14

[quote7508b48c33="zr2152"]BTW-YGF is not supported for other reasons other than his site-wow you are ignorant and should learn a few things before you stop posting incorrect BS. Geeeez. Know your facts.

I have never had a problem with YGF cause I know what I am doing, maybe the fault is yours.[/quote7508b48c33]

I've had 3 payouts in 2 months from TRAINN and I have great feedback with traders.

I'm no expert but yeah, I do know what I'm doing.

1. Never returning to YGF.
2. Telling others of my experience. Friends don't let friends do YGF.