Questions 4 teh youngsters

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66931

XKcalBX

20-07-2007 07:34:42

Do giftcards and epassporte gift accounts work good for allforone?
Thanx.

moviemadnessman

20-07-2007 08:55:07

Do you mean using them on the offers, or getting them as a prize?

XKcalBX

20-07-2007 11:55:37

[quoted064ef8bbd="moviemadnessman"]Do you mean using them on the offers, or getting them as a prize?[/quoted064ef8bbd]

doing them on offers. and we have to do 4 offers or 2? i dun get it....

moviemadnessman

20-07-2007 13:03:10

Allforone is a 4 offer site. Each offer is 1/2 credit, which means to go green, you need 2 credits.

And I don't know about epassport, but some giftcards might work (if they are tied to your name/address). That's all something you would need to talk to the individual offer companies about though, to see if they are accepted.

XKcalBX

20-07-2007 13:08:04

i hope itll workkk

jdizzle314

20-07-2007 14:07:46

That is fraud..

Zanpaktou

20-07-2007 15:22:32

[quote4dbb96b303="jdizzle314"]That is fraud..[/quote4dbb96b303]

It's not fraud if you keep up with payments........ GG

dmorris68

20-07-2007 15:30:52

[quotec538b4c3e4="Zanpaktou"][quotec538b4c3e4="jdizzle314"]That is fraud..[/quotec538b4c3e4]

It's not fraud if you keep up with payments........ GG[/quotec538b4c3e4]
Wrong. Many sites, networks, affiliates, and sponsors are either already stating, or preparing to, that use of prepaid/gift cards is a violation of their terms of service, hence essentially making it fraud. Fraud is rampant, and the majority of it stems from use of prepaids.

XKcalBX

20-07-2007 23:37:52

this freebie bullshit is getting worser and worser by the minute, im just gonna get my money and get out, get in and get out

i remember i was hella pissed when they first came with those w-9 bullshit papers twisted

dmorris68

21-07-2007 08:37:44

[quote8599db8df3="XKcalBX"]this freebie bullshit is getting worser and worser by the minute, im just gonna get my money and get out, get in and get out

i remember i was hella pissed when they first came with those w-9 bullshit papers twisted[/quote8599db8df3]
Why? Because how dare a legitimate company, let alone yourself, follow the law and file the required tax paperwork? Or take steps to protect themselves from the rampant fraud that is raping their revenue stream? roll

Incentivized marketing is a legitimate business model and if you aren't intent on being a legitimate, law-abiding business customer, then I think this is the wrong hobby for you. Just sayin'...

Lydia

21-07-2007 09:03:42

Does YGF require tax forms or just when you've cashed out over $600?

XKcalBX

21-07-2007 17:53:30

[quotea20c48cb5a="dmorris68"][quotea20c48cb5a="XKcalBX"]this freebie bullshit is getting worser and worser by the minute, im just gonna get my money and get out, get in and get out

i remember i was hella pissed when they first came with those w-9 bullshit papers twisted[/quotea20c48cb5a]
Why? Because how dare a legitimate company, let alone yourself, follow the law and file the required tax paperwork? Or take steps to protect themselves from the rampant fraud that is raping their revenue stream? roll

Incentivized marketing is a legitimate business model and if you aren't intent on being a legitimate, law-abiding business customer, then I think this is the wrong hobby for you. Just sayin'...[/quotea20c48cb5a]

I rather not put my info out on the internet bro. and if your talking to me, then your talking to YGF, cuz they do not do w-9 forums.

dmorris68

21-07-2007 18:20:18

[quotea2840b3f20="XKcalBX"][quotea2840b3f20="dmorris68"][quotea2840b3f20="XKcalBX"]this freebie bullshit is getting worser and worser by the minute, im just gonna get my money and get out, get in and get out

i remember i was hella pissed when they first came with those w-9 bullshit papers twisted[/quotea2840b3f20]

Incentivized marketing is a legitimate business model and if you aren't intent on being a legitimate, law-abiding business customer, then I think this is the wrong hobby for you. Just sayin'...[/quotea2840b3f20]

I rather not put my info out on the internet bro. and if your talking to me, then your talking to YGF, cuz they do not do w-9 forums.[/quotea2840b3f20]
Filling out a legal tax form and mailing or faxing it in isn't "putting your info out on the internet." As we've discussed too many times before, conducting any sort of business in the real world, of a financial nature or with any sort of tax implications, requires submission of your SSN and personal info. No way around it other than to not conduct business.

YGF's W9 policy is new, a recent development that I'm not quite clear on, and I'm hoping YGF isn't shooting himself in the foot by doing so. However I did submit a W9 to YGF, reported the income, and paid taxes this year on my 2006 payouts.

moviemadnessman

21-07-2007 18:22:27

@Lydia No. Despite what our FAQ states, we do not require a W-9 ever.

And XKcalBX, there are measures in place to prevent fraud and scammers, and so yes, sites will do different things to ensure that their users are not scamming and that they are who they say they are. Tax forms were a way of doing that.

However, if you aren't willing to use your real information on the internet, while a legitimate thought, it probably means that this isn't the hobby for you, like dmorris said. After all, we don't collect any more information than Amazon or eBay (although maybe you don't do any shopping online), or even Paypal. They have more information than we do, especially when you verify your account.

XKcalBX

21-07-2007 23:36:09

what I'm trying to say here is that some people are not aware of there personal info like there SSN and not able to reach a credit card because we are young and our moms think the internet is full of scams out to take ur ssn...

I use my legit address and all, but i am not old enough to own my an cc, thats is why i am asking this question here..

That w-9 forms may have knocked a bunch of scammers, but it knocked out the youngsters who's parents hide their ssn from them or forgot it or will not allow them to participate in any such thing or any other excuses these oldsters have came up with since.

turbohim

22-07-2007 07:17:57

[quotebe1fbeca88="Lydia"]Does YGF require tax forms or just when you've cashed out over $600?[/quotebe1fbeca88]

You have to report ALL YOUR FREEBIE EARNINGS. Whether it be under or over $600.00.

That w-9 forms may have knocked a bunch of scammers/quote]

Um, its not really to prevent scammers as much as it is TO FOLLOW THE LAW.