unbelievable!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=66179

Mrmephistor

08-07-2007 18:25:35

check this out.. i have 2 ref's who went with the blockbuster offer, got all the way to the sign up page, filled it out completely. clicked submit. yet the site kept telling them "email address has already been used". this is impossible. so they rechecked the typing and clicked "submit" again... and again... and again.. and still "email address has already been used". so they just gave up. today both of they're accounts have been charged up the ass for every click. 9.99 per click! although the site never confirmed they were signed up... this is unbelievable. and to top it off.... i got NO ref credit for them...
something is horribly wrong here..

CollidgeGraduit

08-07-2007 18:28:41

Sounds like this is a problem with the Blockbuster site, nothing to do with YGF..

Mrmephistor

08-07-2007 18:31:09

yeah, i know. i tried calling them but they're customer service is not open till tomorrow morning... im so pissed off i just had to let everyone know.

CollidgeGraduit

08-07-2007 18:34:01

Hopefully they can resolve it pretty quickly. BB has been great in the past.

manOFice

08-07-2007 19:03:47

If the blockbuster site says the email exists in their database then it does...clicking submit tons of times isn't going to change it. And it's known all around every time you hit submit you get charged...read around a bit more )

Mrmephistor

08-07-2007 22:02:02

ok then, if the email is already in the database then how are they going sign up and charge someone for a service that hey already have? AND charge them 10 times for the same service?.... it makes no sense man. its some error. i highly doubt my ref's just happen to forget that they already have the service. and they didn't just click it a shit load of times they tried later on to sign up and never got the "thank you" for signing up page. so they figured the sign up never took place..and tried again.

manOFice

09-07-2007 04:25:54

[quotebcd528f05e="Mrmephistor"]ok then, if the email is already in the database then how are they going sign up and charge someone for a service that hey already have? AND charge them 10 times for the same service?.... it makes no sense man. its some error. i highly doubt my ref's just happen to forget that they already have the service. and they didn't just click it a shit load of times they tried later on to sign up and never got the "thank you" for signing up page. so they figured the sign up never took place..and tried again.[/quotebcd528f05e]

It doesn't matter if you're a member anywhere, if you plug in your CC info and hit submit whether your a member or not it will charge you, their only pending charges and will go away in a few days. You never know...the referrals might have signed up for blockbuster so long ago...how can you be so sure of what others have or haven't done?

zr2152

09-07-2007 09:51:48

or someone else has the same email address....there are billions of ppl in this world.