Fraud??!?!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=64267

TDunham02

12-06-2007 11:16:38

i did a few offers on this site to complete 1 credit and pretty much the next day my banks fraud monitoring called my mom and said there was fradulent activity through these websites... what is all this? i read through the privacy policy and all and thought it was safe....

manOFice

12-06-2007 11:19:50

[quote2d28d6f631="TDunham02"]i did a few offers on this site to complete 1 credit and pretty much the next day my banks fraud monitoring called my mom and said there was fradulent activity through these websites... what is all this? i read through the privacy policy and all and thought it was safe....[/quote2d28d6f631]

Come on now... roll

If you do a few offers right in a row, your CC will call to verify you made those charges. It has nothing to do with yourgiftsfree. It's what offers YOU choose to do, make sure to read the TOS of the offers you are doing.

TDunham02

12-06-2007 11:29:40

yea, i do read them and the seemed legit, but i mean i did 2 offers that were different sites 1 day and then today (about 5 minutes before the fraud people called) i did 2 more... my mom is pretty worried about fraud and i was sure i read all the privacy policies and stuff.

you think i'm ok? and just kinda overreacting to the word "fraud"?

manOFice

12-06-2007 11:33:33

[quote89d507d38a="TDunham02"]yea, i do read them and the seemed legit, but i mean i did 2 offers that were different sites 1 day and then today (about 5 minutes before the fraud people called) i did 2 more... my mom is pretty worried about fraud and i was sure i read all the privacy policies and stuff.

you think i'm ok? and just kinda overreacting to the word "fraud"?[/quote89d507d38a]

What offers did you do?

TDunham02

12-06-2007 11:36:19

umm i did
FreeBidding.com (today)
Psychics4Free (today)
Passport to Fun Trial (the other day)
ValueMax (the other day)

manOFice

12-06-2007 11:43:53

[quoteb2a9163c32="TDunham02"]umm i did
FreeBidding.com (today)
Psychics4Free (today)
Passport to Fun Trial (the other day)
ValueMax (the other day)[/quoteb2a9163c32]

Ok... All decent offers.

I do believe FreeBidding is a 1 day trial?? Perhaps they put a hold for a whole month?

The other three are 7 day trials I believe.

TDunham02

12-06-2007 11:45:54

i think FreeBidding and Psychics4Free and both 1 day offers and the other 2 i have already cancelled and gotten credit for cause i heard fraud and freaked, lol

so you think it's only fraud cause they're were so many charges so fast?

manOFice

12-06-2007 11:55:14

[quotedbb15f6bed="TDunham02"]i think FreeBidding and Psychics4Free and both 1 day offers and the other 2 i have already cancelled and gotten credit for cause i heard fraud and freaked, lol

so you think it's only fraud cause they're were so many charges so fast?[/quotedbb15f6bed]

Watch out about mensioning cancellation talk here.

And I did a whole bunch of offers in one sitting with my CC the other week....all went through but then the fraud team of my CC called me up just wanting me to verify I in fact made those charges, which I did so it was fine. I'm sure thats what happened to you.

TDunham02

12-06-2007 11:56:32

ok thanks a lot for the help, yea, i only cancelled cause i thought they were fraudulent....

but thanks a lot for the help and that just took a load off me, lol

moviemadnessman

12-06-2007 16:32:42

As a YGF representative, allow me to reiterate what has already been said. When you do multiple offers in a short amount of time, your CC company will call to verify that you are the person making all these charges. The reason is because some fraud happens by rapidly placing small charges on a CC, so that you can take a larger amount later. However, the offers on freebie sites are not fraud, and neither are the freebie sites which provide the offers (in this case, yourgiftsfree). You will not have anything to worry about in regards to the offers being fraudulent.

skepticalcynic

13-06-2007 09:26:49

My credit card company placed a security hold on my account without bothering to call me at all. When I finally realized that the problems I was having was with my credit card, not my purchases, I called them. That's when they told me they had [i7b4dde17f4]assumed[/i7b4dde17f4] my card number had been stolen because multiple online charges usually indicate identity theft and I had to go through each order one by one to verify them.

amnesiachick

13-06-2007 12:30:41

Yeah I had the same situation. It's actually happened twice. I would be doing lots of offers one night and then all of a sudden my card started being declined. I called the bank and found out that they had put a hold on it cuz they weren't sure if I was the one making the charges. The first time it happened, they called me cuz I had no idea they were concerned and didn't know my card was on hold.

Not a big deal, really. The cc people are just watching out for us. It's a bit of an inconvenience for us, though, when we go to the store and our card doesn't work. In the long run, though, it's better safe than sorry, I figure.

manOFice

13-06-2007 12:38:06

[quote17ea6abb07="amnesiachick"]Yeah I had the same situation. It's actually happened twice. I would be doing lots of offers one night and then all of a sudden my card started being declined. I called the bank and found out that they had put a hold on it cuz they weren't sure if I was the one making the charges. The first time it happened, they called me cuz I had no idea they were concerned and didn't know my card was on hold.

Not a big deal, really. The cc people are just watching out for us. It's a bit of an inconvenience for us, though, when we go to the store and our card doesn't work. In the long run, though, it's better safe than sorry, I figure.[/quote17ea6abb07]

Yeah I got a voicemail and an email, alls I had to do was verify myself and the purchases