Intent to Fraud??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63471

nomadant

31-05-2007 14:22:27

Alright, this has got to be the craziest thing I've heard since being in the freebie scene. Now we all know if you cancel an offer too early your account is placed on hold for offer fraud, understandable. However, have any of you ever heard of having an account placed on hold for "intent to fraud"? Well, this is what happened to one of my referrals on the All for One site. Now, I think this is something we all do when we sign up for an offer. We mark down what offer we did and all the details including sometimes the phone number for cancelation in case we need it. Well, he put this info in the scratchpad in case he ever may need it. Now, I go to cash out on this referral after he's acrewed one credit and all of a sudden his account is placed on hold. Originally I was told by the new support member, Bill, that he was placed on hold for canceling an offer a day after he received credit. I later come to find out from the head man in charge that his account was put on hold for intent to fraud...lol. I mean come on, in that case can't everyones account be placed on hold for intent to fraud? We all MAY wind up canceling the offers. I just find this extremely unreasonable. I'd like your guys opinions on the matter. Thanks.

moviemadnessman

31-05-2007 14:27:37

I only do what I am told. It was marked as offer fraud, which is a violation of our TOS. While I don't know about the intent to fraud part (YGF will probably add something later), I know that we do take fraud seriously, and it is punishable by an indefinite hold.

YourGiftsFree

31-05-2007 14:28:08

Hello,

We have many reasons to place an account on hold for fraud. The referrals account was placed on hold for early cancellation and intent to fraud. They had the cancellation numbers in their scratch pad along with it saying to "cancel as soon as credited!!!!." They will remain on hold.

x323smostwantedx

31-05-2007 14:35:51

[quote322fe771c5="YourGiftsFree"]Hello,

We have many reasons to place an account on hold for fraud. The referrals account was placed on hold for early cancellation and intent to fraud. [b322fe771c5]They had the cancellation numbers in their scratch pad along with it saying to "cancel as soon as credited!!!!."[/b322fe771c5] They will remain on hold.[/quote322fe771c5]
Lolz, newbs.......

nomadant

31-05-2007 14:37:51

You keep saying cancelation numbers? He had cancelation phone numbers not cancelation numbers as in he already canceled. And anyone can write whatever they want but if they didn't cancel then they didn't cancel. He was credited and never canceled the offers, so therefore whatever he wrote was irrelevant because he still had accounts with the offers.

YourGiftsFree

31-05-2007 14:42:17

Nomadant, he can tell you he never canceled, he probably did since he is you referral. But, he wrote to himself ad told himself to "cancel as soon as credited!!!!." He will remain on hold, again.

nomadant

31-05-2007 14:44:34

Ok, but you can't go by just because he wrote to "Cancel the offers after he receives credit." You should have some type of proof from the companies saying he canceled, which basically your telling me you don't. People can write whatever they choose and only if they follow up with what they write did they then committ offer fraud.

moviemadnessman

31-05-2007 14:53:58

Canceling as soon as you get credit for an offer is fraud, however, so having notes that say "Cancel as soon as credited" shows that you are intent to fraud the offer. As any freebie site user or owner, and they will tell you the same thing.

Sorry, but there is nothing more that can happen with this matter.

nomadant

31-05-2007 15:01:46

I was just looking over the TOS and it does say this

8. You will go on hold If you fraud an offer.

However, it does not say

8. Your account will go on hold if you are planning to fraud an offer or we find that you have said you plan to cancel an offer after receiving credit .

Intent to fraud is not a crime so why should it be a rule for YGF, actual fraud is a crime and should not be tolerated. BTW, I'm a pretty persistent guy if you haven't caught on to that already. lol

moviemadnessman

31-05-2007 15:08:30

Intent to fraud is a crime; it is the same a person getting in trouble with intent to rob a store. Not to mention that they did submit a support ticket basically saying that they had canceled the offer (that they had done less than 24 hours before). Plus, there is a section that covers that, and is listed in nearly every freebie TOS

V. Other Information
1. The YourGiftsFree Network is allowed to place any account on hold for any reason.

Persistence is admirable. However, it will not change this case.

YourGiftsFree

31-05-2007 15:11:51

[quoteb963e821f9="nomadant"]I was just looking over the TOS and it does say this

8. You will go on hold If you fraud an offer.

However, it does not say

8. Your account will go on hold if you are planning to fraud an offer or we find that you have said you plan to cancel an offer after receiving credit .

Intent to fraud is not a crime so why should it be a rule for YGF, actual fraud is a crime and should not be tolerated. BTW, I'm a pretty persistent guy if you haven't caught on to that already. lol[/quoteb963e821f9]

Creating multiple accounts are not illegal by US law as well, but it's a rule.

The fact is, intent to fraud, and canceling an offer as soon as it credits is fraud. Nothing more will be done.

CollidgeGraduit

31-05-2007 16:10:18

Case closed. YGF definitely proved the guy signed up for the offers with the intent to cancel -- meaning he was never interested in the offer in the first place. That's an unqualified lead, and most definitely trying to fraud YGF.

nomadant

31-05-2007 16:14:00

But that's alright YGF still gets paid for the offers he's completed and has yet to cancel...but anyway, I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Thanks for your help guys.

dmorris68

31-05-2007 16:14:58

Agreed -- YGF was correct on this one. As a site owner he has the right to put you on hold for any reason, and someone having an early-cancellation attitude is certainly a reasonable cause for hold I would say.