offers on allforone....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63129

jorn

26-05-2007 19:45:39

I hate to be all picky but it seems like the offers for Allforone yourgifts free are a little stingy. The home depot one lists under their terms and conditions that when you apply, it charges you monthy recurringly to "ensure constant service". That's not what I want. It gives you an 800 number to call to "cancel" the account, which i bet is a hassle of a process. I called the number, and nothing happened, nothing picked up. How do I know when I do these offers that I will be able to cancel it in time so it doesnt keep charging me monthly?

Does anyone know of any easy offers to do and cancel to get through this process easier? Thanks.

Im just a little skeptical.

tinkerjenn

26-05-2007 19:58:30

I signed up for that one and had some trouble with it...I couldn't log in to try it out or anything! So I called their 800 number and they were very nice and gave me a year of service for $19.95 with no automatic renewal and a $25 gift card )

laurelwm

27-05-2007 19:17:16

We do NOT talk about cancellation of offers here - that is offer fraud and will get you banned (and on hold on many networks).

The best advice is to read the TOS of any of the offers you are interested in and keep good records.

Laurel

Fr1zzank

27-05-2007 20:52:19

Is offer cancellation really fraud? If I decide I'm not interested in the product/service, or feel I have gotten all the use out of said product/service and wish to terminate my subscription, how is that fraudulent?

I completely understand and agree that cancellation of a product/service immediately after receiving credit it for a site, and only completing offers FOR the credit is fraudulent, and is in many sites' ToSes as a fraudulent act.

But, canceling a subscription to a product/service when one is done using it? Is that really fraudulent?

And, sorry laurel if what I said in my second paragraph is all you were trying to get across; I just thought you came on rather strongly, and were unclear as to whether you were saying that canceling an offer was wrong, outright.

EDIT sorry, I see now that you may have just been saying that discussing how to cancel offers on HERE may be a fraudulent act. But even still, I think that it may be helpful to find out the proper way to cancel a product/service on here, rather than being fraudulent.

pspparty

27-05-2007 22:29:55

[quote288cddfab1="Fr1zzank"]Is offer cancellation really fraud? If I decide I'm not interested in the product/service, or feel I have gotten all the use out of said product/service and wish to terminate my subscription, how is that fraudulent?

I completely understand and agree that cancellation of a product/service immediately after receiving credit it for a site, and only completing offers FOR the credit is fraudulent, and is in many sites' ToSes as a fraudulent act.

But, canceling a subscription to a product/service when one is done using it? Is that really fraudulent?

And, sorry laurel if what I said in my second paragraph is all you were trying to get across; I just thought you came on rather strongly, and were unclear as to whether you were saying that canceling an offer was wrong, outright.

EDIT sorry, I see now that you may have just been saying that discussing how to cancel offers on HERE may be a fraudulent act. But even still, I think that it may be helpful to find out the proper way to cancel a product/service on here, rather than being fraudulent.[/quote288cddfab1]

The reason sites can pay us is because companies pay them for interested people in their products. If you are only doing an offer to later cancel it , with no real interest in the product or service then that is fraud. Companies dont want to be paying for people who are wasting their time. If you are interested and try an offer then decide its not for you, then cancel it. Companies are gambling that once you try a service/product that your remotely interested in, you will like it and pay for it. They are paying for sites to market to people interested in their stuff. Not to people not interested in their stuff.