Denied at YGF...am I blowing too soon?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52242

theycallmescout

23-01-2007 21:36:56

x evil ?
Just recently I was referred to giftcards.yourgiftsfree by an esteemed member here to complete a full offer for payment. It was Sunday night.
I completed two offers of 1/2 credit each and received credit for one of them, but the other one did not happen. I finally received confirmation by Passport to Fun that my order had cleared and still no movement by the YGF site. I created a manual completion form on site with the confirmation I received copied and pasted into their form. I just got back an answer that credit had been denied. the following is what I wrote to the gentlman who referred me to the site. He suggested I post it on here to see if anyone could shed some light on this problem. Did I not wait long enough, was I premature, or is this an underhanded deal? ?
Am I being too anxious? This is holding up someone else also and that is my concern...I might be viewed unfavorably as a trader because of this glitch? Is that being paranoid?

theycallmescout wrote
I don't understand why these people denied a valid claim. I opened the confirmation email, clicked to make it printable, copied and pasted it on their manual credit request form, and they denied me the credit and I paid for it too. What kind of scam are they running? Is there any recourse throught the powers here?

membershipsavings@ passporttofunplus.com Your Passport to Fun+ Membership Information (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) Tue Jan 23, 2007 20k

Print - Close Window
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 055741 -0600
To email==THEYCALLMESCOUT@YAHOO.COMTHEYCALLMESCOUT@YAHOO.COM=THEYCALLMESCOUT@YAHOO.COMTHEYCALLMESCOUT@YAHOO.COM/email
From email==membershipsavings@passporttofunplus.commembershipsavings@passporttofunplus.com=membershipsavings@passporttofunplus.commembershipsavings@passporttofunplus.com/email
Subject Your Passport to Fun+ Membership Information (xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Dear Daniel Griffin,

Welcome! You're receiving this email because you accepted a special offer to save money through the Passport to Fun+SM savings service. Your Passport to Fun+ membership provides you with access to entertainment savings nationwide at popular retail stores, restaurants, theme parks, movie theaters and more! Just take a moment to browse the Passport to Fun+ website and see how you can start saving at major retailers today.

Claim your gift!
To claim your gift, simply log on to www.dealpass.com and click on the "Claim Your Free Gift" link.

Start saving right now -- simply go to the URL below!
www.dealpass.com

For your reference, your membership ID# is xxxxxxxxxxx

Here are just some of the benefits and savings that await you

l Buy movie tickets for as little as $5.50 each1 to nearly every theatre chain in the nation including AMC Theatres®, Cinemark®, Crown Theatres®, National Amusements®/Multiplex® and Regal Entertainment (Regal, United Artists, Edwards).

l Save up to $2,000 on books, music, videos and more at Circuit City®2, Barnes & Noble3, KB ToysTM and others when you use gift cards purchased through Passport to Fun+.

l Save up to $2,370 at favorite family restaurants like Steak & Ale®, Red Lobster®, Olive Garden®, BURGER KING® and T.G.I. Friday's® when you purchase gift cards through Passport to Fun+.

l Plus much more!

All of these benefits -- and many others -- are fully explained on the Passport to Fun+ website.

So take advantage of your Passport to Fun+ benefits during your 7-day trial membership period. We invite you to use our services for the full 7-day trial period. If within 7 days you don't feel that our services and benefits are everything we say they are, simply call us toll-free at 1-888-999-0557 to cancel your membership. Passport to Fun+ will automatically charge the membership fee to your card at the end of your 7-day trial period and, unless you call to cancel, at the then-current fee each new membership month.

The e-mail address that you entered when you enrolled (THEYCALLMESCOUT@YAHOO.COM) is your electronic signature and constitutes your written authorization to debit your account. You can call the Customer Service number at any time to ask to review your electronic signature or to resolve a debit card related issue.

Beginning 01/31/2007, your monthly membership fee will be automatically debited each month on or about that same date from the checking account associated with the debit card that you provided on your date of enrollment.

Important Please save this email for future reference, and bookmark www.dealpass.com for instant access to your benefits.

Sincerely,
Member Savings

This membership program is administered by Adaptive Marketing LLC, a leading provider of discount membership programs.

1 Discount off movie ticket face value is sponsored by Passport to Fun+. Discount ticket prices subject to a surcharge in NYC area for AMC Theatres. There is a $2.50 surcharge for tickets redeemed in Manhattan, NY, United Artists Theatres. Discount tickets are not valid generally for the first ten (10) days of a motion picture's release. Good any day of the week thereafter, including holidays and weekends. Movie ticket purchases made through Passport to Fun+ are limited to ten (10) per day, 100 per membership year. Discount tickets may not be valid for special movie theatre events. Other restrictions may apply and vary by chain. Special engagements excluded. Special-engagements restriction is necessary to comply with the contractual obligations of motion picture distributors on certain films.

2 Participating vendors are neither sponsors, co-sponsors nor affiliates of Passport to Fun+. Gift card/certificate savings are an exclusive offer of Passport to Fun+ and are valid only on gift cards/certificates purchased through Passport to Fun+. Please see back of gift card/certificate for terms and conditions of use. All vendor trademarks and copyrights remain the property of the individual vendor. Passport to Fun+ uses vendor names, logos and any other vendor material by permission of each vendor. Please visit the Passport to Fun+ website or call Member Savings for complete terms and conditions related to participating vendors.

3 Barnes & Noble is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion. Please see back of gift card for terms and conditions of use. Barnes & Noble is not liable for any alleged or actual claims related to this offer.

zr2152

23-01-2007 22:30:01

did you send in the headers too?

gcabello

24-01-2007 01:37:52

you have to wait 7 days before doing manual credit. The reason is it may still credit in the next couple of days. Thats what happened to me.

YourGiftsFree

24-01-2007 03:49:16

[quoteec24a2b91a="gcabello"]you have to wait 7 days before doing manual credit. The reason is it may still credit in the next couple of days. Thats what happened to me.[/quoteec24a2b91a]

That is correct.

dmorris68

24-01-2007 05:36:12

And Passport to Fun is notorious for not crediting too, and that isn't a site owner's fault.

johnjimjones

24-01-2007 05:47:45

[quote67f4e454c1="dmorris68"]And Passport to Fun is notorious for not crediting too, and that isn't a site owner's fault.[/quote67f4e454c1]

Really? I've only had one Paycom offer out of all of them (I think there's 6-7) not credit.

shaggz

24-01-2007 05:49:43

[quoteccb2e1e49f="johnjimjones"][quoteccb2e1e49f="dmorris68"]And Passport to Fun is notorious for not crediting too, and that isn't a site owner's fault.[/quoteccb2e1e49f]

Really? I've only had one Paycom offer out of all of them (I think there's 6-7) not credit.[/quoteccb2e1e49f]

Don't believe that's a Paycom offer wink (It's Dealpass)

theycallmescout

24-01-2007 05:59:57

I really appreciate all of the responses people.
This is really a learning experience for me.

)

dmorris68

24-01-2007 06:05:53

[quotefe9d4a41f8="johnjimjones"][quotefe9d4a41f8="dmorris68"]And Passport to Fun is notorious for not crediting too, and that isn't a site owner's fault.[/quotefe9d4a41f8]

Really? I've only had one Paycom offer out of all of them (I think there's 6-7) not credit.[/quotefe9d4a41f8]
Whosever offer it is, it's been problematic for a lot of people -- me included. I did it on either a Freepay site or an I-Deal site, I don't remember which, but it never credited and I found a lot of people at the time complaining of the same thing. shrug

I was thinking Paycom too, probably because I did like 3 Paycom offers for an I-Deal site once and NONE of them ever credited. My son-in-law did some of the same offers and they didn't credit for him either.

theycallmescout

24-01-2007 06:17:01

I think I opened another support query at YGF about a certain referrer and a gift that was not chosen by me. Of course since I just got started in this world of freebies I made a mistake not recognizing this was the same network as the non-credited offer.

oops

but this information only comes by being here a long time. at least longer than I have been here. being a senile old man doesn't help either, lol.
Keep up the good work guys and I will start reading more posts under the different networks to see what is going on and how to avoid costly errors.

thanks again, and apologies to YGF for my unclean thoughts!

johnjimjones

24-01-2007 06:25:00

Nevermind, it definitely isn't a Paycom offer. I just assumed it because it's a $1 offer.

shaggz

24-01-2007 06:42:05

[quoteaa7ab5e8a8="dmorris68"][quoteaa7ab5e8a8="johnjimjones"][quoteaa7ab5e8a8="dmorris68"]And Passport to Fun is notorious for not crediting too, and that isn't a site owner's fault.[/quoteaa7ab5e8a8]

Really? I've only had one Paycom offer out of all of them (I think there's 6-7) not credit.[/quoteaa7ab5e8a8]
Whosever offer it is, it's been problematic for a lot of people -- me included. I did it on either a Freepay site or an I-Deal site, I don't remember which, but it never credited and I found a lot of people at the time complaining of the same thing. shrug

I was thinking Paycom too, probably because I did like 3 Paycom offers for an I-Deal site once and NONE of them ever credited. My son-in-law did some of the same offers and they didn't credit for him either.[/quoteaa7ab5e8a8]

You did it on I-deal ........ which infact didn't credit any of there $1 dealpass/triligeant offers for awhile (but later (like after 1-2 months) started to) ...

I've always felt them to be "hit or miss" with referral sites (as long as you clear your cookies, on the referral-based sites, they've worked pretty well tho)

johnjimjones

24-01-2007 07:00:13

It makes me think that DIY sites sabotage those cheap offers because for me, I've seen a much higher crediting rate on referral based sites.

dmorris68

24-01-2007 08:13:52

I know I did one of those $1 on Freepay and it never credited and I never got anywhere with a manual credit request before site expired. I don't remember exactly which one it was. I was thinking it might have been Passport To Fun, but was possibly another.

Excel

24-01-2007 09:33:14

The only $1 offer I ever had trouble with was AutoVantage.

But TC, make sure you wait 7 days and also include full headers.

psbread

24-01-2007 12:40:12

Has anyone ever had a problem with video-professor giving credit?

YourGiftsFree

24-01-2007 13:53:48

If this is on my site, PM me so I can see something.

CorpRebel

24-01-2007 15:42:41

[quote2fb08b83fa="Excel"]The only $1 offer I ever had trouble with was AutoVantage.
[/quote2fb08b83fa]

Obviously it varies for different folks for whatever reason. AutoVantage credited within 10 minutes for me. wink

But I will say this ... While I am pretty new to this scene, I have yet to have a crediting problem on any of the networks I have done. AND I've done most of the offers that I am able/wiling to do out there.

It amazes me how many people are having so many problems with getting the offers credited. Must be the clean, healthy living I do! roll

The "freebie" gremlins on the loose, I guess. lol

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

psbread

25-01-2007 14:11:07

Well the only problems i have had is getting credit on YGF for video-professor ...of which i have just lost the trade and my credibility because of it so im not too thrilled with the YGF's handle of the situation, especially when i was denied credit 3 times and also sent the confirmation after the 7 day wait period. cry

I would have done another credit but these trades are on a timeline of approval so all i could do was apologize.

CorpRebel

25-01-2007 14:46:28

[quoteaddeba4520="psbread"]Well the only problems i have had is getting credit on YGF for video-professor.[/quoteaddeba4520]

It seems that the Video Professor offer is the one that stands out across most of the networks for not crediting at all, though some have had it credit "eventually" I'm told. Fortunately I saw those issues posted on FiPG and I stayed away from VP just on general principles.

Sorry to hear your plight, though.

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

psbread

26-01-2007 11:40:47

thanx wink ...still workin on it.......................

psbread

30-01-2007 15:54:59

Denied 4 FREaKIN TIMES!!!! What the heck is the problem...You told me what to do then i do it then you still deny my request wtf???? Is this not with headers and footers?
Confirmation E-mail Known sender
Sender is in your Allowed Senders List Get help with mail safety

606 PM 1/17/07cservice@videoprofessor.com +Add contact
To email==psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com=psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com/email

Subject Order Confirmation

Thank you for your order!

Dear Preston,

Congratulations on making the great decision to learn with Video Professor!

You can expect your order to arrive in 7-10 days. If you don't receive your package within this time period, please don't hesitate to contact Video Professor customer service at 1-800-525-7763. We'll be happy to help!

When your package arrives, be sure to read the enclosed Open Me 1st booklet. In it, you'll find all the product usage and review-specific information you'll need in the future.

Product purchased Photoshop 7.0

Ship to

US

We know you'll love learning with Video Professor. Thanks again and enjoy your products!

ADMIN CENTER
If you received this e-mail from a friend and would like to subscribe to our e-mail list, please go to
http//www.VideoProfessor.com/freestuff/subscribe.html.

To no longer receive e-mails from Video Professor, simply click the following link
http//www.VideoProfessor.com/freestuff/unsubscribe.html or send an e-mail to email==remove@videoprofessor.comremove@videoprofessor.com=remove@videoprofessor.comremove@videoprofessor.com/email.

We take your privacy seriously. Please go to
http//www.videoprofessor.com/privacypolicy.html to learn more about our privacy protection practices.

Video Professor
12055 W 2nd Place
Lakewood, CO 80228
http//www.videoprofessor.com/contactus/contactinformation.html
1-800-525-7763

Copyright © 2006 Video Professor, Inc. All rights reserved.

Loading... No message is selected
Click any message to view it in the reading pane. Attachments, pictures, and links from unknown senders are blocked to help protect your privacy and safety.

To show messages automatically when you select a folder, change your reading pane settings
1 message is selected
Report & delete | Allow sender
Scanning & uploading More Information | Cancel Show Cc & Bcc From To...
To...
Cc...
Cc...
Bcc...
Bcc...
Subject

Attachments

Your sent message won't be saved. Save sent messages
Message body
Easily edit and attach photos for free!

Click Install for a free upgrade of your ability to work with photos and send them in e-mail messages. If a security warning message appears, click Yes.

After the tool is installed (the download will take approximately 3 to 4 minutes with a 56-Kbps modem), you will be able to preview photos on your computer and attach one or many photos at once. You can also rotate and/or resize your photos before attaching them to your message.

If you do not want to install this control you can still attach files (including photos) to messages--click Cancel below, and then use the Attach button and choose File. However, you won't be able to preview or edit your photos, or attach more than one file at a time.

Locate the folder that contains the images you want to attach to the message, and then use the checkboxes to select images before clicking the Attach Files button. Note the Attach Files button will only attach images from the currently selected folder.

Windows Live Mail resizes large images so that they are more easily viewed, sent, and stored online. Your images will be reduced in size so they are at most 600 pixels wide or tall.

To send full-size pictures, click Cancel. When you compose a new message, click Attach Files

egyptianruin

30-01-2007 17:34:00

I think with headers it shows the IP addies ect from where it was sent. That looks nothing like the emails I send with full headers

YourGiftsFree

30-01-2007 17:38:43

[quotea7206d39c6="egyptianruin"]I think with headers it shows the IP addies ect from where it was sent. That looks nothing like the emails I send with full headers[/quotea7206d39c6]

Yes, correct. Those are not the full headers

egyptianruin

30-01-2007 17:54:23

[quotee1b7c25159="YourGiftsFree"][quotee1b7c25159="egyptianruin"]I think with headers it shows the IP addies ect from where it was sent. That looks nothing like the emails I send with full headers[/quotee1b7c25159]

Yes, correct. Those are not the full headers[/quotee1b7c25159]

heres how

http//mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22454&topic=43

psbread

31-01-2007 14:36:47

Well i have Windows Live e-mail ...so how do i get headers to show?

psbread

31-01-2007 14:59:30

NM ,,swapped back to classic hotmail,,thanx

psbread

01-02-2007 13:28:32

OK NOW I HAVE 5 DENIED CREDITS BRO!! HERES the last one i sent

Confirmation E-mail From
Sent Wednesday, January 17, 2007 602 PM
To email==psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com=psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com/email
Subject Order Confirmation

| | | Inbox

MIME-Version 1.0
Received from mgw.videoprofessor.com ([205.170.85.149]) by bay0-mc7-f13.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444); Wed, 17 Jan 2007 150608 -0800
Received from mailout.videoprofessor.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])by mgw.videoprofessor.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1B446654F1for ; Wed, 17 Jan 2007 161215 -0700 (MST)
Received from vpstore11 ([63.241.168.212])by mail.videoprofessor.com (mail.videoprofessor.com [192.168.205.248])(MDaemon PRO v9.0.6)with ESMTP id md50026741062.msgfor ; Wed, 17 Jan 2007 160911 -0700
X-Message-Info LsUYwwHHNt3f346YlHuZj4HRY0sJfTabcLxDEHOwllE=
X-Mailer ColdFusion MX Application Server
X-Spam-Processed mail.videoprofessor.com, Wed, 17 Jan 2007 160911 -0700(not processed spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)
X-MDRemoteIP 63.241.168.212
X-Return-Path email==cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com=cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com/email
X-Envelope-From email==cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com=cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com/email
X-MDaemon-Deliver-To email==psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com=psbread@hotmail.compsbread@hotmail.com/email
X-MDAV-Processed mail.videoprofessor.com, Wed, 17 Jan 2007 160913 -0700
Return-Path email==cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com=cservice@videoprofessor.comcservice@videoprofessor.com/email
X-OriginalArrivalTime 17 Jan 2007 230609.0671 (UTC) FILETIME=[1348A97001C73A8C]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View E-mail Message Source
Content-Type text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding 7bit

Thank you for your order!

Dear Preston,

Congratulations on making the great decision to learn with Video Professor!

You can expect your order to arrive in 7-10 days. If you don't receive your package within this time period, please don't hesitate to contact Video Professor customer service at 1-800-525-7763. We'll be happy to help!

When your package arrives, be sure to read the enclosed Open Me 1st booklet. In it, you'll find all the product usage and review-specific information you'll need in the future.

Product purchased Photoshop 7.0

Ship to
ME

US

We know you'll love learning with Video Professor. Thanks again and enjoy your products!

ADMIN CENTER
If you received this e-mail from a friend and would like to subscribe to our e-mail list, please go to
http//www.VideoProfessor.com/freestuff/subscribe.html.

To no longer receive e-mails from Video Professor, simply click the following link
http//www.VideoProfessor.com/freestuff/unsubscribe.html or send an e-mail to email==remove@videoprofessor.comremove@videoprofessor.com=remove@videoprofessor.comremove@videoprofessor.com/email.

We take your privacy seriously. Please go to
http//www.videoprofessor.com/privacypolicy.html to learn more about our privacy protection practices.

Video Professor
12055 W 2nd Place
Lakewood, CO 80228
http//www.videoprofessor.com/contactus/contactinformation.html
1-800-525-7763

Now tell me why?

YourGiftsFree

01-02-2007 13:35:50

What is your -email?

psbread

01-02-2007 15:46:18

[quote4bec3ee410="YourGiftsFree"]What is your -email?[/quote4bec3ee410]

email==psbread@hotmail.com...thatpsbread@hotmail.com...that=psbread@hotmail.com...thatpsbread@hotmail.com...that/emails what i signed up under on sidekick3.ygf

YourGiftsFree

01-02-2007 15:54:55

Fixed.

psbread

02-02-2007 11:13:52

So how long does the affiliate request take?

YourGiftsFree

02-02-2007 12:35:38

At least a week.

psbread

03-02-2007 06:25:37

[quote1af8422f15="YourGiftsFree"]At least a week.[/quote1af8422f15]

Copy that shock

psbread

14-02-2007 14:25:54

Still waitin

YourGiftsFree

14-02-2007 14:37:20

[quotebf2c123f30="psbread"]Still waitin[/quotebf2c123f30]

It still has not come in on the affiliate end yet (

psbread

15-02-2007 13:44:27

[quote9ab7182a29="YourGiftsFree"][quote9ab7182a29="psbread"]Still waitin[/quote9ab7182a29]

It still has not come in on the affiliate end yet ([/quote9ab7182a29]

I hope i dont have these probs no more...learned alot from this . Clear cookies bfore every offer now wink