Big mistake, let friends use my computer.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48489

thrasher9898

16-11-2006 23:07:21

Ok, so, i started usign YourGiftsFree, and at work i let people sign up as my referrals on my computer, and then i had a party that night and had some more sign up on my computer, at my house. Then, i send them an email, becuase i thought it woudl shwo up as the same IP, and, well it did. Even though every signle one is a real account, they wouldnt help me. Whoever i talked with whenever i asked a specific question would just say no. Coudl someone help me figure out how to possibly get this resolved without getting it placed on hold.

thrasher9898

16-11-2006 23:13:36

Also, they said i would be banned from all of the sites, and that an order i placed on the games.yourgiftsfree.com, that i spent 20 bucks signing up for offers on, would be canceled.

YourGiftsFree

17-11-2006 03:50:19

Hi,

We take fraud on the NoCreditCard site VERY seriously. If you have matching IP's you WILL go on hold. No exceptions.

thrasher9898

17-11-2006 07:35:10

Ok, but, is there any way that i could like get the account deleted, or start fresh so i can try again, and make sure they sign up at their own houses.

thrasher9898

17-11-2006 07:48:48

Also, why does my Games.yougiftsfree.com account need to be put on hold. i spent 20 bucks doing the offers,and i already had an order processing when this happened.

unknown uchiha

17-11-2006 08:20:13

You were put on hold because you were caught frauding.

When you signed up, you should have known not to let others sign up on the same computer. It's clearly stated in the TOS. Even if that wasn't the case, it's common sense in the freebie scene that it's a no-no.

If you really didn't know any better, then appeal. Though I'd have to say that you did screw up. I don't think you should have your processed order denied, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Hopefully you can pick up and pursue the freebie scene on a different network, since it seems that you're on hold across the entire YGF network.

thrasher9898

17-11-2006 09:33:01

How would i appeal?

YourGiftsFree

17-11-2006 10:09:51

Hi,

1.) You broke the TOS by multiple signups on the same IP.

Even if you claim they were 'friends' we have know way of knowing. If they werent friends you also frauded by ding the same offer. You are on hold on the network.

Also your order was NOT processing it was under approval.

You also match passwords with them so how can it be unique people?

You will remain on hold this issue is closed.

dmorris68

17-11-2006 10:16:00

Most freebie networks operate the same way hold on any one site means hold across every site on the network, and I don't think any site would ship a pending order once a person goes on hold.

This was a REALLY dumb mistake to make. It might have been innocent on your part, but it's one of the THE most basic no-no's in the freebie scene, and you should have known better. It's like I tell every newbie who comes here to complain and say they didn't know better well now you do, so consider it a lesson learned, and start over on another network and do it right this time.

thrasher9898

17-11-2006 10:24:12

OK, im not going to use your network anymore. All i want to know is if i can possibly get the 79 dollars in credit on the other account, or possibly the 20 bucks i spent refunded. I dont see why the other site has anything to do with what happens on this site.

YourGiftsFree

17-11-2006 10:27:15

No, you will remain on hold and not get any money.

OrderGiftsFree

17-11-2006 13:44:48

Hey, not defending him at all, but since this is the topic. At first it sounded like he realized he messed up and just wanted the friends to be removed from his refer list before you even noticed it on his account. Well if you hadn't realized he used same passwords and it's obviously he frauded would you give a second chance to someone if they came to you rather then you coming to them? Just curious.

YourGiftsFree

17-11-2006 14:12:25

No we cant really allow people to continue if they fraud. Its like this. someone signs up under themselve 10 times and does the same offer. Then they IM us saying Hey I just frauded your site can i continue?

unknown uchiha

17-11-2006 15:23:02

You wouldn't be able to get the $20 you spent on offers refunded by YGF. He doesn't get the money from that, just the affiliates pay him for your signups through them (if the money even stays).

lu0s3r322

03-12-2006 16:06:28

yeah i did the exact same thing too. except my friends signed-up at their houses, but then they logged in on my computer one day and then i got screwed

Daggoth

03-12-2006 16:19:44

I am thinking of making a freebie site just so I could write in the TOS
You agree to give me your firstborn.
You agree to give me $500 upon signing up.
You agree to give me $2,000 upon completion of the site.

Since appaearantly no one reads what they sign into.

schizerbone

03-12-2006 19:58:45

[quote17481f6258="Daggoth"]I am thinking of making a freebie site just so I could write in the TOS

Since appaearantly no one reads what they sign into.[/quote17481f6258]

Back in elementary (I dunno, maybe 5th grade)...one of the tests, the directions said don't do this exam...and I think everyone did it, and handed it in...(it didn't count), but then in middle school, one section of the final exam, she wrote "all the answers to this section are false"...and I didn't read it, and I put most false, but I had to throw in some trues, cause it looked wrong. Ok, that is all.

manOFice

04-12-2006 05:09:56

LOL, good story

samz465

04-12-2006 14:40:39

[quote014259fe6f="schizerbone"][quote014259fe6f="Daggoth"]I am thinking of making a freebie site just so I could write in the TOS

Since appaearantly no one reads what they sign into.[/quote014259fe6f]

Back in elementary (I dunno, maybe 5th grade)...one of the tests, the directions said don't do this exam...and I think everyone did it, and handed it in...(it didn't count), but then in middle school, one section of the final exam, she wrote "all the answers to this section are false"...and I didn't read it, and I put most false, but I had to throw in some trues, cause it looked wrong. Ok, that is all.[/quote014259fe6f]

Took a test in seventh grade Science.

Directions said "only do question 1"

I did all 35 =(

OrderGiftsFree

19-12-2006 11:00:32

[quote890612540c="samz465"][quote890612540c="schizerbone"][quote890612540c="Daggoth"]I am thinking of making a freebie site just so I could write in the TOS

Since appaearantly no one reads what they sign into.[/quote890612540c]

Back in elementary (I dunno, maybe 5th grade)...one of the tests, the directions said don't do this exam...and I think everyone did it, and handed it in...(it didn't count), but then in middle school, one section of the final exam, she wrote "all the answers to this section are false"...and I didn't read it, and I put most false, but I had to throw in some trues, cause it looked wrong. Ok, that is all.[/quote890612540c]

I did all 35 =([/quote890612540c]

Haha lmfao I think everyones taken that test. Of course like every kid hurrys and erases it as fast as they could. I remember kids going to the chalk board and writing things on the board with one foot and a finger on their nose. Haha I fell for it like an idiot. Man was it fun. I saw people walk to the front and turn it in so I was like WTF CHEATERS. Then I read it and said crap ran to my desk and tried to erase it and turn it in. lol. All I was supposed to do was write my name.

Captain All That

19-12-2006 15:43:46

Back to the subject... Thrasher... you should read the instructions on doing freebie sites. I am totally in agreement with the site owner, you should have been put on hold and you should not get any money back.

Sorry dude... I"m shocked the owner is even responding to your questions... it really should be handled via PM. You're kinda new here so it's really hard to tell how many sites you've done but your behavior is throwing all sorts of red flags. Same password? Same IP? Wow!

TFOAF

19-12-2006 15:54:22

[quotede212563b7="smashedpumpkins"][quotede212563b7="samz465"][quotede212563b7="schizerbone"][quotede212563b7="Daggoth"]I am thinking of making a freebie site just so I could write in the TOS

Since appaearantly no one reads what they sign into.[/quotede212563b7]

Back in elementary (I dunno, maybe 5th grade)...one of the tests, the directions said don't do this exam...and I think everyone did it, and handed it in...(it didn't count), but then in middle school, one section of the final exam, she wrote "all the answers to this section are false"...and I didn't read it, and I put most false, but I had to throw in some trues, cause it looked wrong. Ok, that is all.[/quotede212563b7]

I did all 35 =([/quotede212563b7]

Haha lmfao I think everyones taken that test. Of course like every kid hurrys and erases it as fast as they could. I remember kids going to the chalk board and writing things on the board with one foot and a finger on their nose. Haha I fell for it like an idiot. Man was it fun. I saw people walk to the front and turn it in so I was like WTF CHEATERS. Then I read it and said crap ran to my desk and tried to erase it and turn it in. lol. All I was supposed to do was write my name.[/quotede212563b7]
Ahahahahahah. I remember taking a test like that. It didn't count, but it was really funny. People wrote things on the board, and spun around in circles. rofl. D