The YourGiftsFree Plasma Raffle Decision

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44712

YourGiftsFree

23-08-2006 10:58:56

Hi,

Due to the recent complaints on how I went fast on the plasma raffle, I want to have a vote on what should be done. Remember it was done fast because I had 20 seconds to do it. These votes are for me to take into consideration, nothing definite.

KnightTrader

23-08-2006 11:16:28

I Don't think FreeDesktopPc is going to take this too kindly D I Think it should be up to him What is done >.> If I was in his position I'd feel robbed lol, Although it was done fast, And hell of course I'd take another shot at winning that prize!

dmorris68

23-08-2006 11:19:34

Not sure what the problem is about "going too fast" but it's hard to tell somebody they won something, then reverse that decision based on no fault of their own. Unless freedesktoppc wants to voluntary give up his win, I don't think that's a wise move, personally. Just let him have his prize and if anything needs to be adjusted for future raffles, take it into consideration for your next giveaway. But not retroactively.

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 11:19:38

[quoted805785d47]Do it again with freedesktoppc getting a way smaller compensation prize[/quoted805785d47]

I say DEFINITELY do it again and do one of the last two options, I like this one personally/\/\/\....I don't want to screw FreeDesktop over but he has to realize that it wasn't very satisfying to the rest of us at all....I'd much rather see someone else pick out the names with a blindfold on after shaking it up good at least 5 or 6 times....Maybe even split the 1st prize money with a new winner and FreeDesktop, I don't think I would mind that very much....

Powerbook

23-08-2006 11:28:37

yeah I sorta agree. I think desktop should split half the prize. Looking at the video again, all the names were faceup, different sizes, and half of the names were not shuffled. Sorry desktop but I think you should allow this again and split the prize with the new winner. Yeah too bad we just didn't wait for the raffle till now, oh well. That would have been too much waiting. I can see how it was rushed though, 20 seconds is not much so that's why. Hopefully desktop responds here.

AstonisheD

23-08-2006 11:44:28

i dont see why you have to do it again.. your camera had a 20 second limit.. freedesktop won, you cant do it again, itll break his heart, and mine (

if i won, and you decided to do the raffle again, i wouldnt do YGF anymore.. people are complaining? let them complain if they dont trust you, its not fair for freedesktop

YourGiftsFree

23-08-2006 12:48:15

Hey everyone. After posting this and hearing everyones reponses, plus some AIM convos I had with others, I realized that the raffle will indeed stay. It was a dead issue and shouldnt have even been brought up by us.....Sorry for an confusion/debate/etc....

The electronics I had to work with was all I had at the time, and I can't do anything about that. It really would be unfair to all parties involved to redo the promotion.

However, if you want to see another raffle for a $1500 plasma, check out the current raffle we have going!! THANKS!

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 12:50:15

[quote55face7502="YourGiftsFree"]Hey everyone. After posting this and hearing everyones reponses, plus some AIM convos I had with others, I realized that the raffle will indeed stay. It was a dead issue and shouldnt have even been brought up by us.....Sorry for an confusion/debate/etc....

The electronics I had to work with was all I had at the time, and I can't do anything about that. It really would be unfair to all parties involved to redo the promotion.

However, if you want to see another raffle for a $1500 plasma, check out the current raffle we have going!! THANKS![/quote55face7502]
I respect your decision and I'm happy for FreeDesktop but I will stick by my thoughts posted above.

YourGiftsFree

23-08-2006 12:51:37

The last 2 raffles will be done with my new video camera.

GiftMonsterKyle

23-08-2006 13:11:42

Yeah it should stay, otherwise it really isn't fair for freedesktoppc

I mean you could have rigged it by doing it so quickly, but unless you made this post as a setup to make it seem less like you would (which I highly doubt), then it is fine.

If you did rig it however, nice job, you had me fooled.

guelah75

23-08-2006 13:30:30

this is the reason only the government can have lotteries, because they "safeguard" us from potential wrong-doing

tml09

23-08-2006 15:01:19

hey ygf, i just noticed you need to upgrade your sig (no sidekick3)