Newbie question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=63751

Sweetmama

04-06-2007 15:26:03

Ok, I'm finding this confusing. I signed up as a referral to gear.free4me - no problems.

Then, someone sends me their link to 500free4me so that I can see the offers to decide if I want to do the site or not. I decide at that time, no.

Days later, I decide I am ready to do that site and I agree to do a trade with someone unrelated to my first 2 visits. I click their link and it says I'm being referred by the correct person so I do the offers. This person says they are not showing me as a referral so I sent in a support ticket. The site says I was already referred by the other user who sent me their link so I could view the offers.

Can someone clarify how this all works? If you click on someone's link once, don't complete any offer, logout and clear cookies, you are theirs no matter what? Then they shouldn't show you as being referred by someone if you aren't the next time you visit that site, right? I should get some error message that says you are already registered to any user or something.

Can they change it to the right referral since I asked in a support ticket. I'm only posting here since I'm probably not the only new person confused by this. Thanks.

CollidgeGraduit

04-06-2007 15:33:25

[quote4e2503aa53="Sweetmama"]Ok, I'm finding this confusing. I signed up as a referral to gear.free4me - no problems.

Then, someone sends me their link to 500free4me so that I can see the offers to decide if I want to do the site or not. I decide at that time, no.

Days later, I decide I am ready to do that site and I agree to do a trade with someone unrelated to my first 2 visits. I click their link and it says I'm being referred by the correct person so I do the offers. This person says they are not showing me as a referral so I sent in a support ticket. The site says I was already referred by the other user who sent me their link so I could view the offers.

Can someone clarify how this all works? If you click on someone's link once, don't complete any offer, logout and clear cookies, you are theirs no matter what? Then they shouldn't show you as being referred by someone if you aren't the next time you visit that site, right? I should get some error message that says you are already registered to any user or something.

Can they change it to the right referral since I asked in a support ticket. I'm only posting here since I'm probably not the only new person confused by this. Thanks.[/quote4e2503aa53]

Yes, once you sign up, you are forever reffered by that person, on that site. Some sites are willing to do it, some aren't.

Sweetmama

04-06-2007 15:42:56

Thanks it appears you're helping me a lot today. I'm really not an idiot, I gradgeated from collidge too. However, I stand by the fact that the site should have a way of preventing you from doing what I did or shouldn't say I was being referred by the person when I wasn't.

I even had to click a box saying I was being referred by the person I was supposed to be. How would I know I wasn't? It should have made me check that I was being referred by the person that originally sent me their link. That can't be too hard to program?

Of course I need to give them a chance to respond. I'm just pointing out what I think is a flaw in their system.

Sweetmama

04-06-2007 19:26:36

They got back to me and said they would move me to the right person since I hadn't greened yet. Whew!