Attention AOL Users

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45554

egyptianruin

10-09-2006 16:52:16

From Peter

Due to recent fraud via AOL, we are no longer allowing signups to our site via AOL. If you have already used AOL you are fine for the sites you are on, but please do not continue to sign up with AOL, because anybody registering via AOL from now on will be put on hold. Sorry guys, but people were abusing using AOL way too much so we are forced to do this.

TFOAF

10-09-2006 17:00:13

lisighli

AOL sucks anyways. D I love Optimum Online.

Anyways, I think that was a great idea, considering the fact that an AOL user's IP address cycled every 2 minutes or so. P

fgr_admin

10-09-2006 22:19:01

[quote8fb57ab34c="egyptianruin"]From Peter

Due to recent fraud via AOL, we are no longer allowing signups to our site via AOL. If you have already used AOL you are fine for the sites you are on, but please do not continue to sign up with AOL, because anybody registering via AOL from now on will be put on hold. Sorry guys, but people were abusing using AOL way too much so we are forced to do this.[/quote8fb57ab34c]

wow most sites banned aol accounts eons ago. I just assumed Peter had as well.

dmorris68

11-09-2006 05:58:01

[quotecc1213367b="fgr_admin"][quotecc1213367b="egyptianruin"]From Peter

Due to recent fraud via AOL, we are no longer allowing signups to our site via AOL. If you have already used AOL you are fine for the sites you are on, but please do not continue to sign up with AOL, because anybody registering via AOL from now on will be put on hold. Sorry guys, but people were abusing using AOL way too much so we are forced to do this.[/quotecc1213367b]

wow most sites banned aol accounts eons ago. I just assumed Peter had as well.[/quotecc1213367b]
That's what I was thinking -- I know I've seen AOL accounts forbidden in some TOS's.