THINK TWICE BEFORE TRUSTING free4me, please read!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44345

Powerbook

08-08-2006 20:40:54

Well my experience was great. Everything was great till i checked my status. I went on hold for having an incorrect phone number. That's right over a phone number. So, basically Peter just stole my money from me. Of course over at A4F the thread was locked. Peter never answered any of my emails and he then went on to insult me on A4F. He couldn't see how I completed many sites if my TR was so low. His reasoning for putting me on hold was that it is against the TOS. When in fact the TOS says valid shipping info only. He tried to make his arguement convincing that amazon uses telephone numbers in shipping. So, if I was not about to be shipped what was the problem? Could he have not contacted me about having an incorrect number? I even offered to call him personally to confirm. So next time you decide to pursue a free4me site be careful. Realize that Peter isn't as nice as he seems. The thing that infuriates me the most is that he took people off hold with multiple accounts but he did not take me off hold for an incorrect phone number. Sure I overreacted in the thread, but I just lost my money and I now owe my referral his money back over an incorrect phone number. Boy Peter is sure fair, ain't he? I tried reasoning on AIM and through emails. So my advice, stay away!

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 20:48:39

It's like you think I care about this issue. You admitted that you put in a fake phone number, which is breaking the TOS. If you're posting to make yourself look stupid then you're doing a good job.

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 20:49:11

What do you need a phone number for in the first place?

Powerbook

08-08-2006 20:49:55

[quote02af36df1c="Free4Me Peter"]It's like you think I care about this issue. You admitted that you put in a fake phone number, which is breaking the TOS. If you're posting to make yourself look stupid then you're doing a good job.[/quote02af36df1c]

Thanks for insulting me once again. I don't care I am letting people know how you are. I admitted to it because you told me it was incorrect. What, am I gonna lie and say it is my real phone number?

YourGiftsFree

08-08-2006 20:55:48

You really put a user on hold for having a false phone number? You really think they tried to fraud your site?

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 20:58:23

If everything else is right and they just didn't want there number out there its pretty bad to put them on hold. I put in "fake" numbers too because I only have 1 number and I don't want people having my cell phone...

Powerbook

08-08-2006 20:59:10

[quote883d0b507f="YourGiftsFree"]You really put a user on hold for having a false phone number? You really think they tried to fraud your site?[/quote883d0b507f]

He sure did. According to him that shows I am trying to fraud him... If there was a problem I should have been contacted. I can't believe this.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:00:18

[quote76741b86da="Wolfeman"]If everything else is right and they just didn't want there number out there its pretty bad to put them on hold. I put in "fake" numbers too because I only have 1 number and I don't want people having my cell phone...[/quote76741b86da]

Right on. Who wants telemarkters calling you? When he gave me the amazon example I told him i always enter 0's. I never had a problem.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 21:00:51

[quote7d89bb430e="Wolfeman"]If everything else is right and they just didn't want there number out there its pretty bad to put them on hold. I put in "fake" numbers too because I only have 1 number and I don't want people having my cell phone...[/quote7d89bb430e]

If he didn't want to put his number out there he shouldn't have signed up for a site that asked for it.

theman2005

08-08-2006 21:03:19

If he thinks providing an alternate number is falsifying, then.....

What about people making new email accounts to each freebie site. Why? Simple, they don't use their real/private email so they can AVOID spam and advertisements interfering with their private email address.
(This means that everyone on all of Free4Me's site should be placed on hold automatically for providing an alternate email)

If there is an exception to multiple accounts, I do believe there would be exceptions for something even minor, a phone number.

I myself never had a single problem with Free4Me and hope I never do.
But seeing how a phone number is a means to put people on hold is just a bit odd I would say.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:03:30

[quote77d586a42c="Free4Me Peter"][quote77d586a42c="Wolfeman"]If everything else is right and they just didn't want there number out there its pretty bad to put them on hold. I put in "fake" numbers too because I only have 1 number and I don't want people having my cell phone...[/quote77d586a42c]

If he didn't want to put his number out there he shouldn't have signed up for a site that asked for it.[/quote77d586a42c]

Where in the TOS does it say valid phone number? I just saw a telephone number field so I filled it in. Didn't think it was gonna be needed. So, what did you need it for Peter? It's not like I was waiting for an LCD TV from Amazon?

YourGiftsFree

08-08-2006 21:04:47

I wouldnt even do what Peter did. Nobody wants telemarket calls. Peter do the right thing and take him off hold. It would be right and it wouldnt kill you.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:09:14

[quote18221fa169="YourGiftsFree"]I wouldnt even do what Peter did. Nobody wants telemarket calls. Peter do the right thing and take him off hold. It would be right and it wouldnt kill you.[/quote18221fa169]

Wishful thinking. I tried emailing him and no response. So when I aimed him i got blocked, and I was told that I was a "waste of time." Then I posted on A4F, and well the argument got heated and got closed.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 21:10:58

1. What is wrong with you people? Where does everybody get this idea of telemarketing calls? Does our site look like a loan site that says we're going to call you and sell your phone number to everyone we can? No. Someone just decided to pull that excuse out of their ass to cover for a reason for using a fake phone number.

2. To the example with spam email addresses. That is the exact opposite of this situation. He did not use an "alternate phone number" he used a fake phone number. Completley different.

It is not worth my time to argue. If you don't like the decision than don't complete our sites. A valid phone number is something you agree you have put when you signup, and if you break our tos, regardless of what clause it is, you will go on hold. End of story.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:12:41

[quote0e37a026b5="Free4Me Peter"]1. What is wrong with you people? Where does everybody get this idea of telemarketing calls? Does our site look like a loan site that says we're going to call you and sell your phone number to everyone we can? No. Someone just decided to pull that excuse out of their ass to cover for a reason for using a fake phone number.

2. To the example with spam email addresses. That is the exact opposite of this situation. He did not use an "alternate phone number" he used a fake phone number. Completley different.

It is not worth my time to argue. If you don't like the decision than don't complete our sites. A valid phone number is something you agree you have put when you signup, and if you break our tos, regardless of what clause it is, you will go on hold. End of story.[/quote0e37a026b5]

Where in the TOS does it talk about a telephone number Peter? Where does it say it has to be valid? Keep thinking it is the end of story. I intend to let everyone know my experience. I am very persistant and I will keep letting everyone know your ways. Just because your grade A legit on A4F, that does not mean you can do things like this and be thought of as a wonderful person. So how did I fraud your site?

KnightTrader

08-08-2006 21:12:58

That is a bit harsh, site admins call though.

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 21:13:04

Why ask for a number if you don't need it?

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:16:05

[quoted3ab6837e2="KnightTrader"]That is a bit harsh, site admins call though.[/quoted3ab6837e2]

Harsh is right. It seems he loves to interpret the TOS in his favor in circumstances such as this. Completely ridiculous. Has FreePay, Trainn, or any other site done this? No...

J4320

08-08-2006 21:17:28

Wow that's rediculous IMO.

theman2005

08-08-2006 21:18:10

[quoteb8fc29b9d1="Wolfeman"]If everything else is right and they just didn't want there number out there its pretty bad to put them on hold. I put in "fake" numbers too because I only have 1 number and I don't want people having my cell phone...[/quoteb8fc29b9d1]

Its obvious people don't want telemarketers though. roll
(Freepay say they don't sell info, in the end.. they did; not saying you do)

2. Alternate email is the better wording i used to say "fake email". Any email you make in addition to the email you were assigned by your ISP (for example), would be called fake/alternate, its not original, that was my point wink

3. This isn't an argument, its just us trying to better understand the odd situation wink

Jeorgius

08-08-2006 21:19:24

Your a nice man Peter, let this one go

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:37:25

[quote4f7f3972e3="Jeorgius"]Your a nice man Peter, let this one go[/quote4f7f3972e3]

Thought he was a nice guy. I did every so especially when I got paid from freetech4me. But, no he isn't the nice guy everyone thinks...

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 21:46:15

Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?

ajrock2000

08-08-2006 21:47:21

[quote15e3a7fd44="Powerbook"][quote15e3a7fd44="Jeorgius"]Your a nice man Peter, let this one go[/quote15e3a7fd44]

Thought he was a nice guy. I did every so especially when I got paid from freetech4me. But, no he isn't the nice guy everyone thinks...[/quote15e3a7fd44]

I guess he isn't. (

Unbelievable reason to put someone on hold. It is 100% greed motivated too, because you obviously didn't fraud his site. roll

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:48:34

[quotef76bf61092="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quotef76bf61092]

Looking to take me down now ehh? I did true.com once. What other free4me site was it once, i only completed freetech4me buddy....

ajrock2000

08-08-2006 21:50:20

[quote33021c1f37="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote33021c1f37]

That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If anything it implicates you more because it shows you are trying to "get back at him" for maybe something you didn't catch in the past.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 21:50:26

[quotedd62645bdb="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quotedd62645bdb]

Looking to take me down now ehh? I did true.com once. What other free4me site was it once, i only completed freetech4me buddy....[/quote

Actually I wasn't but when I looked up your FreeTech4Me account I decided I should cross check the offers and sure enough you are a frauder. You completed it on FreeGear4Me as well.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:51:24

[quote47575fb431="Powerbook"][quote47575fb431="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote47575fb431]

Looking to take me down now ehh? I did true.com once. What other free4me site was it once, i only completed freetech4me buddy....[/quote

Actually I wasn't but when I looked up your FreeTech4Me account I decided I should cross check the offers and sure enough you are a frauder. You completed it on FreeGear4Me as well.[/quote47575fb431]

Whatever you say. I have no trust in you. I completed that offer once.

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 21:51:35

Way to deflect the real issue. The whole phone number thing is BS and just shady...

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 21:52:07

[quote8adcdaa651="ajrock2000"][quote8adcdaa651="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote8adcdaa651]

That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If anything it implicates you more because it shows you are trying to "get back at him" for maybe something you didn't catch in the past.[/quote8adcdaa651]

Maybe you didn't read my post earlier. I still stand by my decisionof holding him for putting a phone number of 000-0000. This is just the icing on the cake. After he has to go whining to everyone about how hes an honest legit person I check and he has infact frauded offers by completing them multiple times.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:53:14

I think your site blocks offers from being done a second time anyway.... And now your just trying to incriminate me because I made you look bad. Well sorry Peter, but that's what you get.

theman2005

08-08-2006 21:56:09

[quote1893db443f="Free4Me Peter"][quote1893db443f="ajrock2000"][quote1893db443f="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote1893db443f]

That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If anything it implicates you more because it shows you are trying to "get back at him" for maybe something you didn't catch in the past.[/quote1893db443f]

Maybe you didn't read my post earlier. I still stand by my decisionof holding him for putting a phone number of 000-0000. This is just the icing on the cake. After he has to go whining to everyone about how hes an honest legit person I check and he has infact frauded offers by completing them multiple times.[/quote1893db443f]

[quote1893db443f="Wolfeman"]Way to deflect the real issue. The whole phone number thing is BS and just shady...[/quote1893db443f]

Stop changing the subject.

Yes, his sites DO block offers from being done a second time. It states that its been completed.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 21:58:14

[quote266e1612c0="Free4Me Peter"][quote266e1612c0="ajrock2000"][quote266e1612c0="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote266e1612c0]

That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If anything it implicates you more because it shows you are trying to "get back at him" for maybe something you didn't catch in the past.[/quote266e1612c0]

Maybe you didn't read my post earlier. I still stand by my decisionof holding him for putting a phone number of 000-0000. This is just the icing on the cake. After he has to go whining to everyone about how hes an honest legit person I check and he has infact frauded offers by completing them multiple times.[/quote266e1612c0]

Stand by your decision. At this point I don't give a rat's ass. You have put me on hold over a phone number and everyone sees it. Now your just trying to incriminate me in anyway possibile. liclapsli Nice job.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:05:57

Wrong again. FreeTech4Me is not integrated with Free4Me.Net and runs on a completley different system. And here's a pic to show your multiple completions with personal information blocked out for your privacy

http//www.free4me.net/system/images/prooof.JPG[" alt=""/img7b10596dda]

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:08:53

nice try Peter..... This has nothing to do with the phone number issue. Now your out to get me ehh? How about I will be out to get you? I can post my AIM convo's too. Ill show how sincere you are....

Akademikz

08-08-2006 22:12:58

Several of my referrals in the past were also placed on hold for putting in "fake" phone numbers. When I brought it to Peters attention at first I was upset, but I became to understand that it may be harsh - but it's his call, ultimately. After I made an issue of it though I was placed on hold because Peter claimed I had completed an offer twice - one of those times being on a site of his that I wasn't even registered on. Then when he said he was mistaken he came forward and said I had done it on a site I [b6c255f463c]was[/b6c255f463c] registered on but it didn't credit. He said it didn't credit the first time, so I did it again and that time it credited (so he claims). Lost out on a great deal of money on the Free4Me network websites, which is depressing.

What also frustrated me the most is a user from A4F (ktan91) was found by Peter to have done something similar to this he was given the opportunity to finish up his open accounts and have his order(s) shipped - not me. It frustrates me because I was nearing being able to cash out well over $1000 across multiple sites.

I'm not trying to call Free4Me a bad network in any way or a shady/scam because that would just be a stupid statement. I'm just saying, personally, I haven't had a good experience and I feel being placed on hold was unjust.

I haven't appealed the issue because I can know the end result - my hold would be final because he cashed in on [b6c255f463c]well[/b6c255f463c] over $1000 from me and/or my referrals.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:13:02

[quote0a79bf994d="Powerbook"]nice try Peter..... This has nothing to do with the phone number issue. Now your out to get me ehh? How about I will be out to get you? I can post my AIM convo's too. Ill show how sincere you are....[/quote0a79bf994d]

Like I said, I still stand by that decision. But now you have to make little threats to me now that I showed the proof that you did offers more than once - and I'm sure other site owners can do a little looking and find out the same.

theman2005

08-08-2006 22:13:08

The subject is "Put on hold for invalid phone number"

Let's get one thing straightened out before another shall we.

And posting something not related to the main subject is called "threadcrapping". ;)

ajrock2000

08-08-2006 22:13:30

Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:19:58

[quote2ec0254c4e="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quote2ec0254c4e]

1. As stated before Freetech4Me and Free4Me.Net are not connected. I do not have anything that checks offers between them, and only when he talked about getting paid from FreeTech4Me did I check there to see this.

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:21:42

[quote5af350aab7="Free4Me Peter"][quote5af350aab7="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quote5af350aab7]

1. As stated before Freetech4Me and Free4Me.Net are not connected. I do not have anything that checks offers between them, and only when he talked about getting paid from FreeTech4Me did I check there to see this.

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quote5af350aab7]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....

Akademikz

08-08-2006 22:21:57

Too bad two people posted RIGHT after I did - my post is probably going to be overlooked. If you'd care to read, it's just above.

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 22:23:57

[quote027a399454="Akademikz"]Several of my referrals in the past were also placed on hold for putting in "fake" phone numbers. When I brought it to Peters attention at first I was upset, but I became to understand that it may be harsh - but it's his call, ultimately. After I made an issue of it though I was placed on hold because Peter claimed I had completed an offer twice - one of those times being on a site of his that I wasn't even registered on. Then when he said he was mistaken he came forward and said I had done it on a site I [b027a399454]was[/b027a399454] registered on but it didn't credit. He said it didn't credit the first time, so I did it again and that time it credited (so he claims). Lost out on a great deal of money on the Free4Me network websites, which is depressing.

What also frustrated me the most is a user from A4F (ktan91) was found by Peter to have done something similar to this he was given the opportunity to finish up his open accounts and have his order(s) shipped - not me. It frustrates me because I was nearing being able to cash out well over $1000 across multiple sites.

I'm not trying to call Free4Me a bad network in any way or a shady/scam because that would just be a stupid statement. I'm just saying, personally, I haven't had a good experience and I feel being placed on hold was unjust.

I haven't appealed the issue because I can know the end result - my hold would be final because he cashed in on [b027a399454]well[/b027a399454] over $1000 from me and/or my referrals.[/quote027a399454]
LAMMMMMMMMMMME!

Akademikz

08-08-2006 22:27:11

[quote937ecf71a8="Wolfeman"][quote937ecf71a8="Akademikz"]Several of my referrals in the past were also placed on hold for putting in "fake" phone numbers. When I brought it to Peters attention at first I was upset, but I became to understand that it may be harsh - but it's his call, ultimately. After I made an issue of it though I was placed on hold because Peter claimed I had completed an offer twice - one of those times being on a site of his that I wasn't even registered on. Then when he said he was mistaken he came forward and said I had done it on a site I [b937ecf71a8]was[/b937ecf71a8] registered on but it didn't credit. He said it didn't credit the first time, so I did it again and that time it credited (so he claims). Lost out on a great deal of money on the Free4Me network websites, which is depressing.

I haven't appealed the issue because I can know the end result - my hold would be final because he cashed in on [b937ecf71a8]well[/b937ecf71a8] over $1000 from me and/or my referrals.[/quote937ecf71a8]
LAMMMMMMMMMMME![/quote937ecf71a8]

Very lame, in fact. I wish I still had the AIM conversations too - now those would be pretty interesting to read.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:28:42

Mine are interesting let me find them.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:29:48

[quotea83a9b2ca4="Powerbook"][quotea83a9b2ca4="Free4Me Peter"][quotea83a9b2ca4="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quotea83a9b2ca4]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quotea83a9b2ca4]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quotea83a9b2ca4]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.

Wolfeman

08-08-2006 22:30:50

I'm all about fairness. I'm not for or against anyone until I've heard all the sides. Post the convos if its relevant. I've been fucked over more than once by "legit" sites and especially by one cocksucker that was "totally legit" and it cost me a Powerbook (

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:31:54

[quoteca009abd98="Free4Me Peter"][quoteca009abd98="Powerbook"][quoteca009abd98="Free4Me Peter"][quoteca009abd98="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quoteca009abd98]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quoteca009abd98]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quoteca009abd98]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.[/quoteca009abd98]

That's all fine and dandy but your trying to make me look like a scammer since I gave you a bad rap. I thought you weren't gonna sit here and argue with us? You put me on hold over a phone number, and that remains. Stand by your decisions if you want. You said you won't bother replying here so don't.

Akademikz

08-08-2006 22:36:06

Care to address my story? You remember telling me that on AIM?

Peter - "Oh yeah.. it says here you did this offer on FreeGear4Me too."
Me - "I'm not even on that site."
Peter - "Yes you are."
liTries to loginli Ironically enough, it doesn't let me so I proceed to MAKE an account unreferred.
Me - "I just registered now on that site.. no offers done, obviously."
Peter - "Oh nevermind.. you did it a long time ago and never got credit, and then you did it again.. and got credit this time. Hold stands."

That's a summed up version of how it went. Ugh.. it wasn't pretty.

compuguru

08-08-2006 22:38:22

Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:38:28

83737 PM gratisoffers
You could have warned, instead you take my money like that
83741 PM gratisoffers
thank you very much.
83751 PM lifeisanapple
there is no need for warning
83756 PM lifeisanapple
you purposly put false info
83757 PM lifeisanapple
that is fraud
83758 PM gratisoffers
where does it say phone number
83808 PM lifeisanapple
Accurate shipping info includes a phone number
83810 PM gratisoffers
what info is fake? my address is real
83813 PM lifeisanapple
go order something off amazon.com
83816 PM lifeisanapple
they ask for a phone number
83818 PM lifeisanapple
like i said
83821 PM lifeisanapple
you're staying on hold
83822 PM gratisoffers
the TOS does not say phone number
83823 PM lifeisanapple
that is final
83826 PM lifeisanapple
OMG
83828 PM gratisoffers
yes and i never give out my phone number
83831 PM gratisoffers
when i order online
83832 PM lifeisanapple
well then
83833 PM gratisoffers
and its fine
83836 PM lifeisanapple
you are committing fraud

Here is the part of the convo where he says my phone number was fraud. Well I am gonna get some sleep.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:39:24

[quotecde58cd53b="Powerbook"][quotecde58cd53b="Free4Me Peter"][quotecde58cd53b="Powerbook"][quotecde58cd53b="Free4Me Peter"][quotecde58cd53b="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quotecde58cd53b]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quotecde58cd53b]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quotecde58cd53b]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.[/quotecde58cd53b]

That's all fine and dandy but your trying to make me look like a scammer since I gave you a bad rap. I thought you weren't gonna sit here and argue with us? You put me on hold over a phone number, and that remains. Stand by your decisions if you want. You said you won't bother replying here so don't.[/quotecde58cd53b]

I have not said anything furhter about the phone number issue, only the fraud that you have committed that I just discovered.

KnightTrader

08-08-2006 22:39:52

Well, After looking at the current situation, Peter, Sorry. Looks to me he did the same offer twice , or looks like three? Times according to those pictures provided. Looks to me you have a valid reason to keep him on hold now. And, After seeing those pictures, do you STILL deny you did true.com only once? My 2 cents may change after all this is done with, Powerbook im not against you, Im just stating my opinion. The phone number thing is not good grounds to hold IMHO, but If he has you with the true.com thing, Then he has valid enough reason IMHO.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:41:31

[quote291724b19b="Free4Me Peter"][quote291724b19b="Powerbook"][quote291724b19b="Free4Me Peter"][quote291724b19b="Powerbook"][quote291724b19b="Free4Me Peter"][quote291724b19b="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quote291724b19b]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quote291724b19b]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quote291724b19b]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.[/quote291724b19b]

That's all fine and dandy but your trying to make me look like a scammer since I gave you a bad rap. I thought you weren't gonna sit here and argue with us? You put me on hold over a phone number, and that remains. Stand by your decisions if you want. You said you won't bother replying here so don't.[/quote291724b19b]

I have not said anything furhter about the phone number issue, only the fraud that you have committed that I just discovered.[/quote291724b19b]

yeah you are incriminating me because I gave you a bad name. Like the poster said why block off the date? probably because that date was months before. This still has nothing to do with the phone # issue the thread is about. I'm going to bed....

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:42:53

[quote8a46ff6f45="compuguru"]Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?[/quote8a46ff6f45]

What's your email - I don't remember this at all.

Powerbook

08-08-2006 22:43:18

[quote35ff40fc81="KnightTrader"]Well, After looking at the current situation, Peter, Sorry. Looks to me he did the same offer twice , or looks like three? Times according to those pictures provided. Looks to me you have a valid reason to keep him on hold now. And, After seeing those pictures, do you STILL deny you did true.com only once? My 2 cents may change after all this is done with, Powerbook im not against you, Im just stating my opinion.[/quote35ff40fc81]

No i am not denying it. I don't recall doing that offer twice though. And if I did that is a valid reason for my hold. Im just trying to show the phone number wasnt. If the offer thing is true then yes it is valid. But for the phone number no. Ill check this thread out tomorrow. Good night.

The fact remains the other user still got put on hold for the # issue and he didnt do an offer multiple times like Peter told me I did.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:44:15

[quote193f4fdff8="Powerbook"]
yeah you are incriminating me because I gave you a bad name. Like the poster said why block off the date? probably because that date was months before. This still has nothing to do with the phone # issue the thread is about. I'm going to bed....[/quote193f4fdff8]

Because it's an ip address not a date...

compuguru

08-08-2006 22:46:05

[quotea6b34bded3="Free4Me Peter"][quotea6b34bded3="compuguru"]Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?[/quotea6b34bded3]

What's your email - I don't remember this at all.[/quotea6b34bded3]
email==hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com=hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com/email

theman2005

08-08-2006 22:47:38

It's one thing to put someone on hold for a telephone number and another thing for frauding offers.

Assuming true was completed twice, well, why didn't you spot this earlier? Don't you go through verifications? It would be your own fault if you didn't catch it. Its already in the past.

To get back on topic, it is about the unfairness of putting someone on hold just because of a phone number that one wants to keep private. (And please don't bring back about true being done more than once; we are talking about the phone number now, not true. If he did do it twice, well, that's his fault, not yours, but like i said, don't bring something unrelated into the subject just to make yourself look better. In conclusion, we are discussing about the hold on the phone number not true, you are the one who at first put him on hold for the #)

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:48:22

[quote78371ef677="compuguru"][quote78371ef677="Free4Me Peter"][quote78371ef677="compuguru"]Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?[/quote78371ef677]

What's your email - I don't remember this at all.[/quote78371ef677]
email==hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com=hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com/email[/quote78371ef677]

Your account isn't on hold?

compuguru

08-08-2006 22:49:47

[quoteaf96d0946e="Free4Me Peter"][quoteaf96d0946e="compuguru"][quoteaf96d0946e="Free4Me Peter"][quoteaf96d0946e="compuguru"]Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?[/quoteaf96d0946e]

What's your email - I don't remember this at all.[/quoteaf96d0946e]
email==hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com=hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com/email[/quoteaf96d0946e]

Your account isn't on hold?[/quoteaf96d0946e]
Don't think so, I was just wondering why the signed up date was blocked in one but not the other.

Free4Me Peter

08-08-2006 22:52:45

[quote2a94cabf50="compuguru"][quote2a94cabf50="Free4Me Peter"][quote2a94cabf50="compuguru"][quote2a94cabf50="Free4Me Peter"][quote2a94cabf50="compuguru"]Peter, why are you blocking out the signed up date in one screenshot, but not the other?[/quote2a94cabf50]

What's your email - I don't remember this at all.[/quote2a94cabf50]
email==hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com=hehspambox@gmail.comhehspambox@gmail.com/email[/quote2a94cabf50]

Your account isn't on hold?[/quote2a94cabf50]
Don't think so, I was just wondering why the signed up date was blocked in one but not the other.[/quote2a94cabf50]

Ack sorry I had quoted the wrong person - I meant to quote
Akademikz. And your question was answered above.

Akademikz

08-08-2006 23:23:34

[quoteeda3bc4433="Free4Me Peter"]
Akademikz. And your question was answered above.[/quoteeda3bc4433]

I'm still missing where my "question" was answered? I had no question - I was simply stating my case with Free4Me and how I feel my hold is unjust and how it was weird how the situation went.

Apparently you told me I had done an offer twice on a site I wasn't even on then after I proved I wasn't even on that particular site you came up and said that I did it on a site I was on but it didn't credit so I did it again in the future...

Powerbook

09-08-2006 03:49:57

[quote5af89b0ad9="Akademikz"][quote5af89b0ad9="Free4Me Peter"]
Akademikz. And your question was answered above.[/quote5af89b0ad9]

I'm still missing where my "question" was answered? I had no question - I was simply stating my case with Free4Me and how I feel my hold is unjust and how it was weird how the situation went.

Apparently you told me I had done an offer twice on a site I wasn't even on then after I proved I wasn't even on that particular site you came up and said that I did it on a site I was on but it didn't credit so I did it again in the future...[/quote5af89b0ad9]

I'm sure he won't take you off hold. He has a real big ego just because he has been "proven legit." Good luck though. And Peter Not that I don't deny or don't believe the screenshot but now a days to change something one opens up dreamweaver loads the file edits it then puts it back online. Not saying you did, just implying it can be done. I think it's only fair you address akademik's situation now....

shortys408

09-08-2006 09:47:52

definatly not doing this site.

Manna

09-08-2006 10:15:20

he just wants to make more money but still. Like Peter said you broke the ToS but that is kind of a cheap shot from Peter. Chances are he still got paid by the companies

Powerbook

09-08-2006 10:26:35

[quote20ecd40dd9="Manna"]he just wants to make more money but still. Like Peter said you broke the ToS but that is kind of a cheap shot from Peter. Chances are he still got paid by the companies[/quote20ecd40dd9]

Yeah he defintely did. It isn't in the TOS and he just wants to pretend to show that it is. Whatever. I just want people to know he does this. No way was I gonna keep quiet about something like this. I think I have the right to a thread like this.

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 11:05:09

Of course he got paid, this dq has nothing to do with fraud. Its just him being a biatch about his TOS, which he has the right to do. Peter may not think its a big deal right now, but there are a whole lot of freebie sites to choose from out there, and based on this thread, free4me definitely aint on my list, and I am sure a lot of other people think the same way.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 11:07:35

[quote5b30b492f7="ajrock2000"]Of course he got paid, this dq has nothing to do with fraud. Its just him being a biatch about his TOS, which he has the right to do. Peter may not think its a big deal right now, but there are a whole lot of freebie sites to choose from out there, and based on this thread, free4me definitely aint on my list, and I am sure a lot of other people think the same way.[/quote5b30b492f7]

Thanks for the support guys. I know I am not gettng off hold, but I just want you guys to know how my experience has been and to be cautious.

Commander

09-08-2006 11:30:27

Well he was my ref, and he has paid me back so I am all square, but he is out of pocket. I dont agree with the hold either. The TOS does say accurate shipping info. They do not ship paypal or gifts to your phone......

AstonisheD

09-08-2006 11:39:35

accurate shipping information.. are you seriously going to ship items to somebody's phone number? do you even include somebody's phone number when you go ship something?

seriously.. now i think peter tries to find the littlest things (like a phone number) to put people on hold so he can get more money.. wow peter, you'd rather be greedy, get the money for yourself, and not care about any customers you have and in this case, any future customers you might have had, because i seriously dont wanna do this site anymore.

peter, your TOS does not say in any way you must enter a valid phone number, and dont say thats part of accurate shipping information, because a phone number is NOT shipping information.

Akademikz

09-08-2006 11:57:41

No reponse to mine yet either - nice.

manOFice

09-08-2006 12:06:47

Frauding offers = hold
phone number of 000-0000 = stupid reason for a hold.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 12:10:42

[quote8c72436083="manofice"]Frauding offers = hold
phone number of 000-0000 = stupid reason for a hold.[/quote8c72436083]

I agree.

TFOAF

09-08-2006 18:14:30

[quoteae9d311619="Powerbook"][quoteae9d311619="Free4Me Peter"][quoteae9d311619="Powerbook"][quoteae9d311619="Free4Me Peter"][quoteae9d311619="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quoteae9d311619]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quoteae9d311619]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quoteae9d311619]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.[/quoteae9d311619]

That's all fine and dandy but your trying to make me look like a scammer since I gave you a bad rap. I thought you weren't gonna sit here and argue with us? You put me on hold over a phone number, and that remains. Stand by your decisions if you want. You said you won't bother replying here so don't.[/quoteae9d311619]

Bad reputation? HAH! If you only KNEW what bad reputation was.

You agreed to the Terms of Service. Disregarding the Terms of Service voids your so called "online contract", and causes you to go on hold. Putting fake information, such as a fake phone number, is regarded as FRAUD. What did you actually think he was going to do with your phone number? Call it and make prank calls? LOL! He needs it for shipping purposes. If the company where he ordered the products from needed to contact you in regard to YOUR ORDER, they wouldn't be able to, and everything Free4Me did would be a waste of time.

Question answered. Stop nagging on and on about how "Free4Me is the worst site ever because I didn't do anything wrong."

And you frauded offers...so that's another reason why you're on hold. Every site has a different TOS, and most people don't read them. I do. And I make sure I 100% comply to the rules. )

Face it. YOU DID. Deal with it!

Case closed.

Wolfeman

09-08-2006 18:19:01

The case isn't closed. Phone numbers are rarely needed and a retarded reason to put someone on hold.

TFOAF

09-08-2006 18:20:14

But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?

Wolfeman

09-08-2006 18:23:13

[quotea42d857586="TFOAF"]But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?[/quotea42d857586]
Fraud insinuates malice or some sinister intent. All of his other info was real but he put in a fake number because he would rather not have a site owner knowing his number (they have been know to be less than upstanding citizens). I do it too. The site owners say they aren't going to use it but there is nothing in their TOS saying they won't/can't sell your info. I can throw away junk mail or spam but I can't stand telemarketing calls...

Akademikz

09-08-2006 18:27:51

[quotefba8d7706c="TFOAF"]But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?[/quotefba8d7706c]

a.) Your opinion means absolutely nothing.
b.) Wolfeman > You.

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 18:32:17

[quotecd291cf878="TFOAF"]But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?[/quotecd291cf878]

You make no sense justifying what peter did. If he needed the phone number for "shipping purposes" then he could have just asked him for it, not put him on hold. He did nothing malicious, nothing to scam advertisers or cause him to lose money. There is no way to explain this besides a greedy site owner that is having his time of the month. ?

TFOAF

09-08-2006 18:34:31

[quotebce1891648="Akademikz"][quotebce1891648="TFOAF"]But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?[/quotebce1891648]

a.) Your opinion means absolutely nothing.
b.) Wolfeman > You.[/quotebce1891648]

I was not attemping to "overpower" Wolfeman. It's my opinion.

[quotebce1891648="ajrock2000"][quotebce1891648="TFOAF"]But putting fake information, like a phone number, is fraud. What don't you understand? ?[/quotebce1891648]

You make no sense justifying what peter did. If he needed the phone number for "shipping purposes" then he could have just asked him for it, not put him on hold. He did nothing malicious, nothing to scam advertisers or cause him to lose money. There is no way to explain this besides a greedy site owner that is having his time of the month. ?[/quotebce1891648]

Yes, it's everyones opinion. But it was a FAKE PHONE NUMBER. Not a "mistyped" phone number. ;)

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 18:37:17

You say that like he was trying to be someone else or something. He didn't put in a fake number, he just put 000-0000. I always put in bogus info when I know its not needed, and I don't want to give it away.

TFOAF

09-08-2006 18:41:43

A.K.A. a fake number when it says to put YOUR phone number. ;)

Free4Me Peter

09-08-2006 18:47:01

Stop fighting nobodies saying anything that already hasn't been stated.

Since you didn't think that accurate shipping info included a telephone number, it's been clarified in the TOS now. If you guys think it's ridiculous then I have a solution for you - don't participate in our sites - it doesn't really matter to me. Regardless of what you guys say, a false phone number is highly suspicious especially when it is blatant like 0000000. Bitch all you want about it but in the end it did end up that this guy was frauding by completing the same offer twice.

And I would have given you a chance had you been civil about it. You sent me an email and a day later decided that since I didn't answer it yet (had you done some searching you would find I don't reply instantly to my emails, it usually takes a few days at least) it was necessary to submit a support ticket and IM one of our support reps and nag them about it. If you had waited for me to get to your email instead of flipping out I could have considered it, not after you continue to make a huge deal out of it and are found out to have frauded.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 18:48:04

[quoted23424510c="TFOAF"]A.K.A. a fake number when it says to put YOUR phone number. ;)[/quoted23424510c]

Say what? You know nothing what your talking about. It isn't fake. It is invalid. The phone number was never needed to begin with. That is what everyone has been agreeing with me on since the beginning of this thread.

Oh really Peter? Nice little lie. I submited emails days ago. Your site says 24 hours for a response. I waited much longer than that so i decided to submit it again. I don't care if you say i did multiple offers. What you did does not justify anything. You were rude and obnoxious. Your saying I am frauding and I don't believe you anymore. A screenshot can be easily faked as it is. You went around the issue by even posting it Peter. This thread will stay here for others to see. It well let them know what type of tricks you have up your sleeve.

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 18:52:21

I want to know one thing, how is 000-0000 more suspicious than putting someone elses number? It seems to me that if you see 000-0000 you instantly know that he did it on purpose for whatever reason. If I put someone elses phone number, that is deceptive and more suspicious IMO.

TFOAF

09-08-2006 18:55:31

[quote9a77383baa="Powerbook"][quote9a77383baa="TFOAF"]A.K.A. a fake number when it says to put YOUR phone number. ;)[/quote9a77383baa]

Say what? You know nothing what your talking about. It isn't fake. It is invalid. The phone number was never needed to begin with. That is what everyone has been agreeing with me on since the beginning of this thread.

Oh really Peter? Nice little lie. I submited emails days ago. Your site says 24 hours for a response. I waited much longer than that so i decided to submit it again. I don't care if you say i did multiple offers. What you did does not justify anything. You were rude and obnoxious. Your saying I am frauding and I don't believe you anymore. A screenshot can be easily faked as it is. You went around the issue by even posting it Peter. This thread will stay here for others to see. It well let them know what type of tricks you have up your sleeve.[/quote9a77383baa]

Yes. 24 hours for SUPPORT TICKETS. Never said anything about emails.

Gahah! And now you're accusing Peter of showing fake images?! LOL! lol

Oh, and you're right. I don't know anything. Everything I say doesn't not make sense. ) Yea. Figure it out. Double negative.

[quote9a77383baa="ajrock2000"]I want to know one thing, how is 000-0000 more suspicious than putting someone elses number? It seems to me that if you see 000-0000 you instantly know that he did it on purpose for whatever reason. If I put someone elses phone number, that is deceptive and more suspicious IMO.[/quote9a77383baa]

Wanna know why? IT'S FAKE!

Shh. Peter owned you all. )

ajrock2000

09-08-2006 18:57:34

[quote0889b775b9="TFOAF"]Shh. Peter owned you all. )[/quote0889b775b9]

NO WAI!

roll

Powerbook

09-08-2006 18:59:08

[quotefe3e8ea994="ajrock2000"][quotefe3e8ea994="TFOAF"]Shh. Peter owned you all. )[/quotefe3e8ea994]

NO WAI!

roll[/quotefe3e8ea994]

More like we all pwned Peter. I hope a mod stickies this thread so others can see how great this network is.

Averagejoe1039

09-08-2006 19:03:43

I really think that this wasn't justified. Seriously, like someone said, is the package gonna come through the phone? Why not just take out the phone number field? You don't use it.

TFOAF

09-08-2006 19:05:38

He said it was needed to place the order. ;)

Powerbook

09-08-2006 19:08:04

[quotefcc441bfe8="TFOAF"]He said it was needed to place the order. ;)[/quotefcc441bfe8]

Where is it needed to place the order? If you have not placed an order how would it be needed? The number could be needed if the user is going for a physical item. However if you are going for paypal why is it needed? Oh wait, it's not. dance

AstonisheD

09-08-2006 19:37:12

in all my shipping/sending payments through paypal life, i never saw a phone number needed, its not part of shipping information, it wasnt included in the TOS at the time powerbook did it..

dont you see its kinda obvious he put powerbook on hold for something so stupid and little so he could keep the money powerbook earned? multiple offers is one thing, but putting a person on hold for a phone number is an owner finding every stupid little thing to put people on hold in order to get more money.

i know this is off topic.. but seriously, what kinda professionalism is this? what kind of owner says this to customers or future customers? "Bitch all you want about it".

gj. you say "Bitch all you want about it" to customers/future customers who are saying their opinions outlod.

egyptianruin

09-08-2006 19:39:54

Peter is an awesome owner, putting an invalid or fake phone number is wrong and YES when ordering from some places it does ask you for the recipients phone number (for example FTD or Amazon). If you go to fill out a credit application and you try to put your number as 000-000-0000 that's lying on your application, plain and simple - the same should apply to free sites. If you don't want your information known get something like this

http//www.privatephone.com/

(sigh)

Powerbook

09-08-2006 19:45:21

[quote686c74767c="egyptianruin"]Peter is an awesome owner, putting an invalid or fake phone number is wrong and YES when ordering from some places it does ask you for the recipients phone number (for example FTD or Amazon). If you go to fill out a credit application and you try to put your number as 000-000-0000 that's lying on your application, plain and simple - the same should apply to free sites. If you don't want your information known get something like this

http//www.privatephone.com/

(sigh)[/quote686c74767c]

The fact remains the TOS did not say so, and I was not signed up to receive a tangible good that required the number. I was going for paypal... If he had a problem he should have contacted me then warn me. What do you think the creditors would do when you wrote 000? They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information. How come no other site has done this? Well because it shouldn't be done and isn't morally justified. He is just looking out for his pocket book. How about akademik? Peter scammed him out of 1,000? Is this ok to do? No.

Free4Me Peter

09-08-2006 19:46:22

[quote31e18eaf75="Powerbook"][quote31e18eaf75="TFOAF"]A.K.A. a fake number when it says to put YOUR phone number. ;)[/quote31e18eaf75]

Oh really Peter? Nice little lie. I submited emails days ago. Your site says 24 hours for a response. I waited much longer than that so i decided to submit it again. I don't care if you say i did multiple offers. What you did does not justify anything. You were rude and obnoxious. Your saying I am frauding and I don't believe you anymore. A screenshot can be easily faked as it is. You went around the issue by even posting it Peter. This thread will stay here for others to see. It well let them know what type of tricks you have up your sleeve.[/quote31e18eaf75]

Actually my personal email does not have any response time listed, nor is it even on the site. Incase you didn't know I don't handle support anymore (there are 2 customer support agents who do), and you are a perfect example of why I am so glad I don't. All emails that are sent to me are answered whenever I get to them, and with the amount of emails I get every day there is no possibly way I can respond to one quickly unless it is an emergency.

Go ahead, say I faked the picture. I honestly don't care. You know you did it, it's obvious by your "maybe" I did tone that you've been having in all your posts.

If you want to keep posting the same crap over and over again and have the same 2 people back you up on it and get all cocky and think that you are cool or special or whatever then have fun. Anybody can go searching and find that we are strict in enforcing our polices and don't tolerate people who break them, regardless of how ridiculous you may think a term is (even though you agreed to it...).

egyptianruin

09-08-2006 19:48:31

[quote43038d6d61="Powerbook"]They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information.[/quote43038d6d61]

And the order was denied.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 19:49:24

[quoteb45d76a11e="Free4Me Peter"][quoteb45d76a11e="Powerbook"][quoteb45d76a11e="TFOAF"]A.K.A. a fake number when it says to put YOUR phone number. ;)[/quoteb45d76a11e]

Oh really Peter? Nice little lie. I submited emails days ago. Your site says 24 hours for a response. I waited much longer than that so i decided to submit it again. I don't care if you say i did multiple offers. What you did does not justify anything. You were rude and obnoxious. Your saying I am frauding and I don't believe you anymore. A screenshot can be easily faked as it is. You went around the issue by even posting it Peter. This thread will stay here for others to see. It well let them know what type of tricks you have up your sleeve.[/quoteb45d76a11e]

Actually my personal email does not have any response time listed, nor is it even on the site. Incase you didn't know I don't handle support anymore (there are 2 customer support agents who do), and you are a perfect example of why I am so glad I don't. All emails that are sent to me are answered whenever I get to them, and with the amount of emails I get every day there is no possibly way I can respond to one quickly unless it is an emergency.

Go ahead, say I faked the picture. I honestly don't care. You know you did it, it's obvious by your "maybe" I did tone that you've been having in all your posts.

If you want to keep posting the same crap over and over again and have the same 2 people back you up on it and get all cocky and think that you are cool or special or whatever then have fun. Anybody can go searching and find that we are strict in enforcing our polices and don't tolerate people who break them, regardless of how ridiculous you may think a term is (even though you agreed to it...).[/quoteb45d76a11e]

How could I have agreed if that wasn't listed in the TOS? Same two people backing me up? Pretty much everyone in the whole thread has backed me up. Give akademik his money.....When users look this thread up they will know your ways Peter. I know you can't answer emails every second. I sent them out many days ago, and the same with the support ticket. Your site says 24 hours for an answer to the ticket. I didnt get one so i emailed u and reached u on aim. Instead I was greeted with rudeness. Remember it is the customers that keep the business going...

Wolfeman

09-08-2006 19:50:31

[quoteaa1eb60f83="egyptianruin"][quoteaa1eb60f83="Powerbook"]They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information.[/quoteaa1eb60f83]

And the order was denied.[/quoteaa1eb60f83]
So Peter should let him put in a real number and the order should be let through.

Free4Me Peter

09-08-2006 19:53:05

[quote991de79c6e="Wolfeman"][quote991de79c6e="egyptianruin"][quote991de79c6e="Powerbook"]They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information.[/quote991de79c6e]

And the order was denied.[/quote991de79c6e]
So Peter should let him put in a real number and the order should be let through.[/quote991de79c6e]

As I said before had he been civil I would have given him a chance. Now I have found out he completed true.com twice there is no way he would come off hold for fraud like that.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 19:55:07

[quote4c5cc72ec4="Free4Me Peter"][quote4c5cc72ec4="Wolfeman"][quote4c5cc72ec4="egyptianruin"][quote4c5cc72ec4="Powerbook"]They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information.[/quote4c5cc72ec4]

And the order was denied.[/quote4c5cc72ec4]
So Peter should let him put in a real number and the order should be let through.[/quote4c5cc72ec4]

As I said before had he been civil I would have given him a chance. Now I have found out he completed true.com twice there is no way he would come off hold for fraud like that.[/quote4c5cc72ec4]

Had I been civil? You are changing your story. I was civil till you started to act rudely. You were the one not being civil because I exposed this issue.

It's obvious you won't take me off hold since you rep has gone down the tubes. How about you start concidering users before you act in this manner? How about akademik? Oh yeah right he is owed 1,000.

egyptianruin

09-08-2006 20:03:04

[quoteccd67d7f35="Wolfeman"][quoteccd67d7f35="egyptianruin"][quoteccd67d7f35="Powerbook"]They would warn you your app would get denied unless you enter the information.[/quoteccd67d7f35]

And the order was denied.[/quoteccd67d7f35]
So Peter should let him put in a real number and the order should be let through.[/quoteccd67d7f35]

I personally cannot say, I'm not the owner. That's up to Peter to decide and no one else.

Free4Me Peter

09-08-2006 20:29:05

[quote11a7895626="Powerbook"]
It's obvious you won't take me off hold since you rep has gone down the tubes.[/quote11a7895626]

That's funny. I guess when a few people post agreeing with you (and not everyone has either) that means my rep has gone down the tubes? Incase you didn't know, I never asked to be represented on FreeIpodGuide I only joined at the request of someone. And this is the exact reason why. Since I first registered here I have met way too many cocky scammers and frauders such as yourself, and it is not worth my time to deal with. Continue arguing, I will not be coming on here any more defend myself, I have said all that needs to be said.

And to whoever says I owe them 1k and scammed them out of it - I highly doubt it. If he wants to email me about it I will check into it again, but if I made the decision to hold that much money against someone there would have been a good reason.

Powerbook

09-08-2006 20:34:37

[quote77b1129adb="Free4Me Peter"][quote77b1129adb="Powerbook"]
It's obvious you won't take me off hold since you rep has gone down the tubes.[/quote77b1129adb]

That's funny. I guess when a few people post agreeing with you (and not everyone has either) that means my rep has gone down the tubes? Incase you didn't know, I never asked to be represented on FreeIpodGuide I only joined at the request of someone. And this is the exact reason why. Since I first registered here I have met way too many cocky scammers and frauders such as yourself, and it is not worth my time to deal with. Continue arguing, I will not be coming on here any more defend myself, I have said all that needs to be said.

And to whoever says I owe them 1k and scammed them out of it - I highly doubt it. If he wants to email me about it I will check into it again, but if I made the decision to hold that much money against someone there would have been a good reason.[/quote77b1129adb]

If you say so. Yeah i am the biggest scammer ever. Look in the mirror Peter. Keep throwing those accusations. I am not arguing I am just spreading the word everywhere of how you run your sites. Don't come back to defend yourself if you don't want. You know you can't. That is all Peter.

compuguru

09-08-2006 20:41:44

With all this accusing of frauding offer, Powerbook, why don't you provide screenshots of the two sites where Peter says you completed True on (and make sure they show offer completions).?

Powerbook

09-08-2006 20:44:48

[quote4dffe68280="compuguru"]With all this accusing of frauding offer, Powerbook, why don't you provide screenshots of the two sites where Peter says you completed True on (and make sure they show offer completions).?[/quote4dffe68280]

That's the problem. Once you go on hold you cannot see the offers you have done. So I don't even know if what he is saying is true. That's why I have not denied his claims. This thread is about the issue of the phone number hold and he is just throwing this in there. And Akademik's issue as well.

theman2005

09-08-2006 20:49:40

[quotefe47bfad50="compuguru"]With all this accusing of frauding offer, Powerbook, why don't you provide screenshots of the two sites where Peter says you completed True on (and make sure they show offer completions).?[/quotefe47bfad50]

Well, the subject was about invalid phone number. A screen shot means nothing in this matter. We are talking about the hold with his phone number problem, not the offer.

Let him off hold for the phone number problem, i don't see why not.

THEN you can work out the true.com problem. (Regardless of a hold or not, that's not any of my business)

Done

Powerbook

09-08-2006 20:51:49

[quoteea9278db82="theman2005"][quoteea9278db82="compuguru"]With all this accusing of frauding offer, Powerbook, why don't you provide screenshots of the two sites where Peter says you completed True on (and make sure they show offer completions).?[/quoteea9278db82]

Well, the subject was about invalid phone number. A screen shot means nothing in this matter. We are talking about the hold with his phone number problem, not the offer.

Let him off hold for the phone number problem, i don't see why not.

THEN you can work out the true.com problem. (Regardless of a hold or not, that's not any of my business)

Done[/quoteea9278db82]

He already said it won't happen so I could care less now anyways. I want nothing to do with any of his sites. I just want this thread to be of use to those who want to do his sites or are currently members. It definately shows him in a different light. That's all.

Akademikz

09-08-2006 21:42:10

Peter The issue has been thoroughly described here. Like I said, on AIM you had initially placed several of my referrals on hold for invalid phones numbers and various other account info - this was understandable, I just had to obtain additional referrals.

Then, several minutes later you IM'ed me stating that I had completed the same offer on one of your referral sites that I wasn't even registered on, and you stuck to that for about 10 minutes. I went and signed up on that site that very second and confirmed that I, obviously, had no offers completed on it having just signed up.

Following that I was told that it was not that site but a completely different referral site of yours that I had done the offer a long time ago but hadn't received credit for it and had done it again; this time getting credit.

Instead of trying to work it out with me you said the issue was closed, so I didn't feel "nagging" you would do anything; and that's why I haven't.

Powerbook

10-08-2006 05:06:06

[quote96fd5b1468="Akademikz"]Peter The issue has been thoroughly described here. Like I said, on AIM you had initially placed several of my referrals on hold for invalid phones numbers and various other account info - this was understandable, I just had to obtain additional referrals.

Then, several minutes later you IM'ed me stating that I had completed the same offer on one of your referral sites that I wasn't even registered on, and you stuck to that for about 10 minutes. I went and signed up on that site that very second and confirmed that I, obviously, had no offers completed on it having just signed up.

Following that I was told that it was not that site but a completely different referral site of yours that I had done the offer a long time ago but hadn't received credit for it and had done it again; this time getting credit.

Instead of trying to work it out with me you said the issue was closed, so I didn't feel "nagging" you would do anything; and that's why I haven't.[/quote96fd5b1468]

Email him, he is not gonna reply here. Update us on this situation. I'm sorry that he scammed you. If this happened to me I am sure there are more people out there. Seems like the 1,000 was easy pocket cash for him.

Commander

10-08-2006 07:59:27

[quote2ae07f32ad="TFOAF"][quote2ae07f32ad="Powerbook"][quote2ae07f32ad="Free4Me Peter"][quote2ae07f32ad="Powerbook"][quote2ae07f32ad="Free4Me Peter"][quote2ae07f32ad="ajrock2000"]Why didn't you put him on hold for his offer frauding if that was the case?

This came out of nowhere because your name is being dragged through the mud as a result of your phone number hold.[/quote2ae07f32ad]

2. I honestly do not care what people think about the phone number hold. It is stated in the tos and if everyone wants to side with a frauder then go ahead, I honestly don't want people who don't agree to the tos they agree to signing up on my website.[/quote2ae07f32ad]

Yah way to incriminate me. I know your sites block this from happening. And even if I did do it twice as a mistake that would be grounds for a hold, not a phone number... So stop trying to make me out to be some frauder just because your site is getting a bad rap....[/quote2ae07f32ad]

Ask anyone who has completed an offer on any free4me.net site to try to do the offer on FreeTech4Me. They can, they are not related at all. Why do you think all our ref sites are at free4me.net? They are all connected by a central system. FreeTech4Me is independent of this and does not crosscheck info with any other sites.[/quote2ae07f32ad]

That's all fine and dandy but your trying to make me look like a scammer since I gave you a bad rap. I thought you weren't gonna sit here and argue with us? You put me on hold over a phone number, and that remains. Stand by your decisions if you want. You said you won't bother replying here so don't.[/quote2ae07f32ad]

Bad reputation? HAH! If you only KNEW what bad reputation was.

You agreed to the Terms of Service. Disregarding the Terms of Service voids your so called "online contract", and causes you to go on hold. Putting fake information, such as a fake phone number, is regarded as FRAUD. What did you actually think he was going to do with your phone number? Call it and make prank calls? LOL! He needs it for shipping purposes. If the company where he ordered the products from needed to contact you in regard to YOUR ORDER, they wouldn't be able to, and everything Free4Me did would be a waste of time.

Question answered. Stop nagging on and on about how "Free4Me is the worst site ever because I didn't do anything wrong."

And you frauded offers...so that's another reason why you're on hold. Every site has a different TOS, and most people don't read them. I do. And I make sure I 100% comply to the rules. )

Face it. YOU DID. Deal with it!

Case closed.[/quote2ae07f32ad]

Awww bless, sounds like he's in love.

If powerbook did fraud true.com surely he would of been on hold ages ago?? Either that or Peter obviosuly got paid for both leads..... Nut now, conveniently, it's brough up as an excuse to keep him on hold.

I personally think, he should of been given the chance to re-type in his REAL phone number. Like others said, if he had fake shipping info, fair enough.

Oh well, it's done now. And its in the ToS now,, so there can be no more confusion D

Gigante

10-08-2006 08:28:41

Wow.... offer requirements are already high. Why rely on unethical breakage?

Powerbook

10-08-2006 09:14:48

[quote3d56d68ba0="Gigante"]Wow.... offer requirements are already high. Why rely on unethical breakage?[/quote3d56d68ba0]

Hah gigante. I love how the telephone number thing is in the TOS now. Wow Peter you sure have cleared things up......

theman2005

10-08-2006 09:22:50

Wait... so he got money from True.com ....... waited a while so he himself got paid.... then put powerbook on hold for a stupid phone number, then puts him on hold for true.com (after pocketin the cash), then quickly changes the TOS to include the phone number thing. Wow... unbelievable, and shady tactic. Seems like he is trying to cover his tracks just so he can put people on hold.

Next thing you know, he'll put in the TOS "No typos in the name/address/phone or you will be on hold" (and you won't be given a chance to fix it)

ajrock2000

10-08-2006 09:34:41

[quote1e607adf94="Free4Me Peter"]Incase you didn't know, I never asked to be represented on FreeIpodGuide I only joined at the request of someone. And this is the exact reason why. Since I first registered here I have met way too many cocky scammers and frauders such as yourself, and it is not worth my time to deal with. Continue arguing, I will not be coming on here any more defend myself, I have said all that needs to be said.[/quote1e607adf94]

Don't hate it here because our mods don't kiss your ass. wink

egyptianruin

10-08-2006 09:55:05

[quote74fdd6893c="ajrock2000"]
Don't hate it here because our mods don't kiss your ass. wink[/quote74fdd6893c]

Jake anyone? lol

Gigante

10-08-2006 11:05:23

I find it ironic that he said FIPG was filled with scammers and frauders. Nevermind, I won't go there.

Powerbook

10-08-2006 11:28:24

[quote06253b8317="Gigante"]I find it ironic that he said FIPG was filled with scammers and frauders. Nevermind, I won't go there.[/quote06253b8317]

Good point. Well this obviously didn't work out for me. But I hope it works out for the other poster in this thread. Once a site goes legit, it is very easy for the site owner to DQ here and there to make a little extra quick cash. So watch out guys.

ajrock2000

10-08-2006 19:19:36

He modified his TOS after this incident.

Killer722

10-08-2006 19:22:45

[quotedc3901f535="Gigante"]I find it ironic that he said FIPG was filled with scammers and frauders. Nevermind, I won't go there.[/quotedc3901f535]

True.

Powerbook

10-08-2006 19:46:30

[quote5dc4980ffd="ajrock2000"]He modified his TOS after this incident.[/quote5dc4980ffd]

What an asshole. ( Oh well. I hope others will see his scamming ways.

doylnea

12-08-2006 09:15:06

[quote09a5db30c5="Free4Me Peter"]As I said before had he been civil I would have given him a chance. Now I have found out he completed true.com twice there is no way he would come off hold for fraud like that.[/quote09a5db30c5]

So you notified your affiliates that all of Powerbook's offers were not qualified leads, and refunded the payouts to them, right?

Powerbook

12-08-2006 17:10:14

[quote136e07e661="doylnea"][quote136e07e661="Free4Me Peter"]As I said before had he been civil I would have given him a chance. Now I have found out he completed true.com twice there is no way he would come off hold for fraud like that.[/quote136e07e661]

So you notified your affiliates that all of Powerbook's offers were not qualified leads, and refunded the payouts to them, right?[/quote136e07e661]

He said he wouldn't reply to this anymore. Oh well, this is useful for people to see at least.

Labtec-Jay

12-08-2006 21:01:37

Well this changes my mind about doing a free4me site.

Powerbook

13-08-2006 10:12:25

[quote1a083bc1a5="Labtec-Jay"]Well this changes my mind about doing a free4me site.[/quote1a083bc1a5]

Peter seemed to think no one would care about my issue. Glad people actually read this. D

Commander

23-08-2006 00:42:24

[quote494c8e53c1="doylnea"][quote494c8e53c1="Free4Me Peter"]As I said before had he been civil I would have given him a chance. Now I have found out he completed true.com twice there is no way he would come off hold for fraud like that.[/quote494c8e53c1]

So you notified your affiliates that all of Powerbook's offers were not qualified leads, and refunded the payouts to them, right?[/quote494c8e53c1]

Sure he did. LOL...... Your not trying to suggest that King Peter has done something wrong surely??

AstonisheD

23-08-2006 01:01:45

for some reason i doubt he did. -.-

Powerbook

23-08-2006 04:05:12

[quote29c3d6d418="AstonisheD"]for some reason i doubt he did. -.-[/quote29c3d6d418]

heh, same here. Too bad he won't reply anymore. This isn't as much fun. Oh well, people will reply to keep this thread going. D

fgr_admin

23-08-2006 08:46:00

rlmfao lol

Oh powerbook I couldnt help but see the irony in this post. You bash Peter at all costs, yet you make a post like this about YourGiftsFree being a old scammer

[quotea0554dbca3="Powerbook"]I believe in second chances. I was given a second chance sort of. I gave the honest facts and I am unbanned. That's what you have to do, just be honest. Things will work out for the better almost all the time. I don't have anything against you YGF if you continue to run these great sites. Just keep it up and don't go back to your old ways.[/quotea0554dbca3]

Peter was honest. NO fake phone numbers.

He has since corrected his mistake in his TOS.

So give him a second chance.

lmao

Alos I see a few others here posting bad things about the Free4Me network who defended YGF.

So why is it ok for one site owner to go out of his way to fraud sites, fraud members (He used upwards of 6 screennames to repeatedly come back and scam). Yet if Peter puts you on hold its bad?

Lol, you cant have it both ways, either sites do the right thing or they dont.

I think Free4Me is one of the best sites around. He is a very workable owner and will take people off hold if valid reasons are givin. He has givin tons of people 2nd chances when they were caught frauding.

So bite the bullet and do a YGF site instead. lol.

Powerbook

23-08-2006 11:33:58

[quoteb1a3d83e98="fgr_admin"]rlmfao lol

Oh powerbook I couldnt help but see the irony in this post. You bash Peter at all costs, yet you make a post like this about YourGiftsFree being a old scammer

[quoteb1a3d83e98="Powerbook"]I believe in second chances. I was given a second chance sort of. I gave the honest facts and I am unbanned. That's what you have to do, just be honest. Things will work out for the better almost all the time. I don't have anything against you YGF if you continue to run these great sites. Just keep it up and don't go back to your old ways.[/quoteb1a3d83e98]

Peter was honest. NO fake phone numbers.

He has since corrected his mistake in his TOS.

So give him a second chance.

lmao

Alos I see a few others here posting bad things about the Free4Me network who defended YGF.

So why is it ok for one site owner to go out of his way to fraud sites, fraud members (He used upwards of 6 screennames to repeatedly come back and scam). Yet if Peter puts you on hold its bad?

Lol, you cant have it both ways, either sites do the right thing or they dont.

I think Free4Me is one of the best sites around. He is a very workable owner and will take people off hold if valid reasons are givin. He has givin tons of people 2nd chances when they were caught frauding.

So bite the bullet and do a YGF site instead. lol.[/quoteb1a3d83e98]

Uhh irony? Where where? I would give him a second chance if I was on hold. He has since corrected his mistake? Yeah by putting me on hold then putting it in his TOS when it wasn't there before. That's what I call a dick move..... Would you like it if it happened to you? NO. YGF has proven himself legit. If Peter changed his ways and made things better for people like me and Akademik then he would get a second chance. Oh yeah by the way he never fixed akademik situation and he had 1,000 pending. Nice guy eh?

fgr_admin

23-08-2006 23:19:12

[quote1e0964f5c2="Powerbook"]
Uhh irony? Where where? I would give him a second chance if I was on hold. He has since corrected his mistake? Yeah by putting me on hold then putting it in his TOS when it wasn't there before. That's what I call a dick move..... Would you like it if it happened to you? NO. YGF has proven himself legit. If Peter changed his ways and made things better for people like me and Akademik then he would get a second chance. Oh yeah by the way he never fixed akademik situation and he had 1,000 pending. Nice guy eh?[/quote1e0964f5c2]

1st he did give everone a second chance when he cleard up any misunderstandings he had in his TOS. So people can fix it before they go on hold. Yes it is too late for you but OH F-ing well.

You posted like a maniac in the HONESTY thread about yourgiftsfree defending him as an old scammer who has turned a leaf. YGF has never paid anyone back and he scammed under 5-8 different names that they are aware of.

Yet when a site wrongs you, you post like crazy about why you should never do this site.

1) Peter has never scammed anyone on any trades
2) He has shipped out 100 times more prizes then YGF

Yet YGF should be applauded for not scamming anymore. Well I dont think Peter will scam you anymore. So alls good, right?

Powerbook

24-08-2006 03:36:27

[quote258227fd32="fgr_admin"][quote258227fd32="Powerbook"]
Uhh irony? Where where? I would give him a second chance if I was on hold. He has since corrected his mistake? Yeah by putting me on hold then putting it in his TOS when it wasn't there before. That's what I call a dick move..... Would you like it if it happened to you? NO. YGF has proven himself legit. If Peter changed his ways and made things better for people like me and Akademik then he would get a second chance. Oh yeah by the way he never fixed akademik situation and he had 1,000 pending. Nice guy eh?[/quote258227fd32]

1st he did give everone a second chance when he cleard up any misunderstandings he had in his TOS. So people can fix it before they go on hold. Yes it is too late for you but OH F-ing well.

You posted like a maniac in the HONESTY thread about yourgiftsfree defending him as an old scammer who has turned a leaf. YGF has never paid anyone back and he scammed under 5-8 different names that they are aware of.

Yet when a site wrongs you, you post like crazy about why you should never do this site.

1) Peter has never scammed anyone on any trades
2) He has shipped out 100 times more prizes then YGF

Yet YGF should be applauded for not scamming anymore. Well I dont think Peter will scam you anymore. So alls good, right?[/quote258227fd32]

So, is this thread titled YGF? No. Maniac? I posted a couple times. You post this here because you hate the guy. Why are you bringing it up in this thread? Peter is not giving anyone a second chance. He scammed akademik out of his $1000 and he scammed me. You really did not make any points that relate to Free4me, but rather to YGF. Please post your hatred towards YGF in the YGF forum area. How can you call something a second chance when it is not given. He did not give anyone a second chance. ROFL. Stop finding faults with people that have nothing to do with this thread. I could find many faults with you and post them exposing you here. But, why am I not doing this? Well, because the thread does not concern you. Kthnx.

Powerbook

24-08-2006 03:45:40

[quote0d26f72664="fgr_admin"][quote0d26f72664="cwncool"]i think he's really cleaned up. He just payed me $160. Check out my thread in the brag bag D[/quote0d26f72664]

lol, Cleaned up?

I dont see any posts in scammers or brag/brag about him paying back anyone when he scammed.

Flyersman69 owes me 2 greens from when I first joined here. Yet he is actively seeking out people to pay back? lol, like he kept notes on who he scammed with his 8 different screen names. lol

I still find it funny he is allowed to not only stay here but be allowed his own subforum. He hasnt made one effort to pay anyone back and never will.

Also how has he cleaned up his act or become more honest? His site is not designed for breakage but profit. he only has 4 viable offers that are non OOD. He makes more then $40 per green. So he is sending a portion of what he makes. He isnt losing money owning his site.

Yet he is plauded and embraced here for turning a new leaf. He never turned anything, he was outed by averagejoe. He only fessed up becasue he faced banishment.

He is on hold on numerous networks.
Has scammed under 5-8 aliases
Posed as an OC rep
Lied repeatedly about who he really is.

But he sent out some earned gifts, so its all good now.

lmfao.[/quote0d26f72664]

Nice FGR nice. Stop with your second chances. Your under Peter's blanket because you frauded earthlink and he let it go. If so, why didn't he let the phone number go? FGR keep your hatred in the YGF forum...... Nice little post I dug up here. It appears as YGF tried contacting you to repay the debts, but yet your are posting here about this. Keep your posts where they belong plz. And make sure your arguments actually hold validity where they are being posted.

Edit Sorry for the double post but someone before me posted, then they deleted their post.

sedric1

04-09-2006 15:07:27

This is my first visit post here i think, as Ive done my freebie experience solely on anything4free -and I dont want to take any sides on it, but ... wow.

From the outside looking in, this is a complete bullshit thread. Peter wants a phone number.. he is entitled to get the phone number.. however -> 1. if it were that important, why not code the entry form to prevent putting invalid info there?? Someone referenced freebie sites in reference to credit applications (lmao as-is), but difference being that when done electronically, a site requiring such info will check for this invalid data before continuing and getting a ton of refs.. assuming it is critical enough that it has to be there (as others indicated). And I believe that even if this were a valid number but typed incorrectly, he would have seen this same problem.

Personally Ive never had any problems with free4me -> He was the very first site to ever pay me and Im grateful for that. But when things are said here like "I dont care what my users think/bitch all you want" etc, that tells me he doesnt care about the users who are supporting his sites (like me and thousands of others) - and I feel like that was a challenge of some sort to show him exactly what bad CS can do to your business.

I'm surprised this word was not out on A4free -> seems like Peter runs the place forum, as everyone trusts him over everything in the forum. ps - sorry to revive a dead topic, but I hope others get a chance to read this thread.

Machiavelli X

04-09-2006 15:22:35

Thanks for the heads up, I am not completing any free4me sites ever. This is ridukulus thanks for the heads up

sedric1

04-09-2006 16:25:19

while im thinking about it, there was another incident recently on A4free that I thought was unprofessional and questionable to say the least.
An offer on his site (Pacific Poker) was completed by - ehh say 10 of us who complained about not receiving credit. We were like "Why were we all denied for manual credit?"
His response was basically You guys didnt read the terms of service. You have to post a proof letter showing the amounts were deposited when submitting the no-cr report...
I thought - hmm maybe i misread something.. maybe we all misread something. Turns out 1. It wasnt in the TOS as he stated at the time. and 2. We all posted our confirmation letters as a normal no-cred goes.. problem is that none of the emails sent to us show the exact deposit info he requested if deposits were done through netteller!
So by the time we all figured this out, he took the offer off his site, and by doing so, none of us could apply for no-credit again!

To me that was pretty shady.. we dont know if he actually received profit for all of our signups or not.. but i think its interesting the same maneuver was used twice (i.e. blame the user).
I was going to sign up for a plasma site earlier today from free4me, but all things considered -> im declining.

Blink182=Gone

04-09-2006 19:44:07

Peter has made it apparent that he doesn't like it here...so why should he continue to have his own forum here? He just said that he never wanted to be here in the first place, then he calls us all scammers.

What kind of site owner is this?

Also, maybe I was the only one that caught him throwing some profanity around towards Powerbook....oh, now that's professional. roll

ajrock2000

04-09-2006 20:59:23

[quotec644fecaad="Blink182=Gone"]Peter has made it apparent that he doesn't like it here...so why should he continue to have his own forum here? He just said that he never wanted to be here in the first place, then he calls us all scammers.

What kind of site owner is this?

Also, maybe I was the only one that caught him throwing some profanity around towards Powerbook....oh, now that's professional. roll[/quotec644fecaad]

Exactly my thoughts.

That and the fact that his decision was made because it made him upset because powerbook (the customer) was a little rude to him and posted a little early about the situation. Things that every business professional should expect and ignore. Instead he curses at him, digs up some lame reason, and puts him on hold.

icy

04-09-2006 22:42:10

One thing that pissed me off about this site is that its not stated in the TOS that you have to have a US address. Why the hell would that be in the FAQ and not in the TOS?

So I signed up on two free4me sites only to find out that nothing can be shipped to me. Now I see this thread, I cant say that I am very impressed with this network.

Daggoth

04-09-2006 22:43:21

Can't they send you paypal?

egyptianruin

05-09-2006 11:13:06

[quote0701d9bf1b="Daggoth"]Can't they send you paypal?[/quote0701d9bf1b]

yes they can, if you dont live in the US you can get the paypal equivilant of the item.

Blink182=Gone

05-09-2006 13:56:51

still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [i4047c662be]before[/i4047c662be] they sign up for the site.

Powerbook

05-09-2006 15:12:11

[quotedf63753092="Blink182=Gone"]still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [idf63753092]before[/idf63753092] they sign up for the site.[/quotedf63753092]

exactly. The way he treated me on aim was totally absurd. "I don't care." This should have been in the TOS, and if there was a problem I should have been notified. Whatever, that's all done with. Just be careful guys because this networks "manipulates" their TOS.

zdub08

05-09-2006 15:22:29

[quote7698ea8be5="Powerbook"][quote7698ea8be5="Blink182=Gone"]still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [i7698ea8be5]before[/i7698ea8be5] they sign up for the site.[/quote7698ea8be5]

exactly. The way he treated me on aim was totally absurd. "I don't care." This should have been in the TOS, and if there was a problem I should have been notified. Whatever, that's all done with. Just be careful guys because this networks "manipulates" their TOS.[/quote7698ea8be5]
tehcnically it was in the tos all along, but he clarified it after all the bitching.

not saying it wasn't a dick move, but it was there

Powerbook

05-09-2006 15:32:53

[quote395d4e227d="zdub08"][quote395d4e227d="Powerbook"][quote395d4e227d="Blink182=Gone"]still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [i395d4e227d]before[/i395d4e227d] they sign up for the site.[/quote395d4e227d]

exactly. The way he treated me on aim was totally absurd. "I don't care." This should have been in the TOS, and if there was a problem I should have been notified. Whatever, that's all done with. Just be careful guys because this networks "manipulates" their TOS.[/quote395d4e227d]
tehcnically it was in the tos all along, but he clarified it after all the bitching.

not saying it wasn't a dick move, but it was there[/quote395d4e227d]

I don't want to get into a debate. It was not there. Hence he put it in now to be a little bitch. There was nothing involving a telephone number. It did say something about a correct mailing address. That's what it said.... But that's in the past anyways. Hope you guys think twice about doing his sites. Thanks for the support.

zdub08

05-09-2006 16:09:57

[quote00f782ac6f="Powerbook"][quote00f782ac6f="zdub08"][quote00f782ac6f="Powerbook"][quote00f782ac6f="Blink182=Gone"]still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [i00f782ac6f]before[/i00f782ac6f] they sign up for the site.[/quote00f782ac6f]

exactly. The way he treated me on aim was totally absurd. "I don't care." This should have been in the TOS, and if there was a problem I should have been notified. Whatever, that's all done with. Just be careful guys because this networks "manipulates" their TOS.[/quote00f782ac6f]

not saying it wasn't a dick move, but it was there[/quote00f782ac6f]

I don't want to get into a debate. It was not there. Hence he put it in now to be a little bitch. There was nothing involving a telephone number. It did say something about a correct mailing address. That's what it said.... But that's in the past anyways. Hope you guys think twice about doing his sites. Thanks for the support.[/quote00f782ac6f]
I'd say it's absolutely stupid to make a fake number when signing up for a freebie site.. when completing offers I might understand that. Sites do ask for your phone number when shipping things, so why isn't it part of your shipping address?

I'd say everyone thinking about a free4me site go for it. "Thanks for the support!1"

Powerbook

05-09-2006 16:19:35

[quote0428a757b0="zdub08"][quote0428a757b0="Powerbook"][quote0428a757b0="zdub08"][quote0428a757b0="Powerbook"][quote0428a757b0="Blink182=Gone"]still, I think the idea of his post was that the TOS should include everything that one needs to know [i0428a757b0]before[/i0428a757b0] they sign up for the site.[/quote0428a757b0]

exactly. The way he treated me on aim was totally absurd. "I don't care." This should have been in the TOS, and if there was a problem I should have been notified. Whatever, that's all done with. Just be careful guys because this networks "manipulates" their TOS.[/quote0428a757b0]

not saying it wasn't a dick move, but it was there[/quote0428a757b0]

I don't want to get into a debate. It was not there. Hence he put it in now to be a little bitch. There was nothing involving a telephone number. It did say something about a correct mailing address. That's what it said.... But that's in the past anyways. Hope you guys think twice about doing his sites. Thanks for the support.[/quote0428a757b0]
I'd say it's absolutely stupid to make a fake number when signing up for a freebie site.. when completing offers I might understand that. Sites do ask for your phone number when shipping things, so why isn't it part of your shipping address?

I'd say everyone thinking about a free4me site go for it. "Thanks for the support!1"[/quote0428a757b0]

It consisted of 000-0000. Was I getting anything shipped? No. I was going for paypal. How is a phone number needed for paypal? It wasn't needed so I did not enter it and the site said nothing about having to enter it. It was not a requirement. This thread was to warn people. Not to pledge your support for the site and argue you with me. What you have said has come up on page 1 and it has been disproven multiple times. This is not even a good argument. I could go on 24/7 on how it wasn't in the TOS and what not. Don't make me. I am not gonna argue with you. You think you have made your point so let it be. If you would like to see the responses from me and the others read the whole thread. They pretty much make it clear that it was a dick move and had not been in the TOS till recently. That's all I gotta say. Thanks.

zdub08

05-09-2006 16:35:52

"dick move" was so my phrase..

i didn't really want to get you all worked up, but doing it in the first place was stupid.. at least make up something that sounds decent if you're going to lie.

...noone proved anything

what bothers me most is that you have to make a dumb comment about Peter being a scammer in any thread that has to do with free4me

Powerbook

05-09-2006 16:45:52

[quoted55e867969="zdub08"]"dick move" was so my phrase..

i didn't really want to get you all worked up, but doing it in the first place was stupid.. at least make up something that sounds decent if you're going to lie.

...noone proved anything

what bothers me most is that you have to make a dumb comment about Peter being a scammer in any thread that has to do with free4me[/quoted55e867969]

Dick move? ROFL. I said that at a4f way before you said it here so relax buddy. Lie? What did i lie about? By entering 000-0000 I really entered no phone number, which the TOS said nothing about. As for the dumb comments about Peter, I did it because I was pissed off and I tried to warn people. I did it maybe like twice or slightly more. Am I doing it now? No. It is because I realized i was making a mistake. That is why I obviously stopped. Stop bringing this into this thread if it has nothing to do with it. You commenting back and arguing with me on everything I say is just as bad. This is over with. This thread is left here to serve a purpose to warn others about what this network has done;. If Peter is so honest, why did Akademik get scammed of $1,000.... That issue has been left unresolved. Just because a site is grade A, that does not make the site owner a great and wonderful person that abides by the book at all times. This is what I was pointing out. kthnx.

Akademikz

05-09-2006 16:51:29

Well, I sent an e-mail to email==support@free4me.netsupport@free4me.net=support@free4me.netsupport@free4me.net/email because that is the email given on the main portal of the network explaining the situation; as I did in this thread and included this link for reference.

That email was sent [b0f8e139f27]well[/b0f8e139f27] over a week ago. Still no reply.

Powerbook

05-09-2006 16:52:53

[quotefd915d6329="Akademikz"]Well, I sent an e-mail to email==support@free4me.netsupport@free4me.net=support@free4me.netsupport@free4me.net/email because that is the email given on the main portal of the network explaining the situation; as I did in this thread and included this link for reference.

That email was sent [bfd915d6329]well[/bfd915d6329] over a week ago. Still no reply.[/quotefd915d6329]

wow i completely messed up your username. Sorry. lol Sorry to hear about that man. Don't worry karma does go around.

Akademikz

05-09-2006 16:55:59

It's alright, and hopefully I'll get a reply sooner or later; whether it satisfies me or not I just would like to know, that's all.

zdub08

05-09-2006 17:14:44

[quote361cc03c3f="Powerbook"]By entering 000-0000 I really entered no phone number, which the TOS said nothing about.[/quote361cc03c3f]
cmon now..

Powerbook

05-09-2006 17:16:44

[quote016668c171="zdub08"][quote016668c171="Powerbook"]By entering 000-0000 I really entered no phone number, which the TOS said nothing about.[/quote016668c171]
cmon now..[/quote016668c171]

come on now what? The TOS mentioned nothing about even entering a phone number....

zdub08

05-09-2006 17:30:38

I'm noticing you're never going to acknowledge your fake (or whatever it was) phone number as a dumb mistake. I'm done posting here.

Powerbook

05-09-2006 17:39:49

[quoteb06881e6d4="zdub08"]I'm noticing you're never going to acknowledge your fake (or whatever it was) phone number as a dumb mistake. I'm done posting here.[/quoteb06881e6d4]

Nope definitely was not dumb. Why should I put my number out in the open if the information is not needed or required. If the TOS said that, then I would have entered it. ) I am no dummy my friend.

ilanbg

05-09-2006 17:44:49

This thread is not accomplishing anything anymore.

That said, if for just the lack of professionalism Free4Me exhibited here, I'm going to avoid their sites...

Powerbook

05-09-2006 17:49:16

[quote784cf4c772="ilanbg"]This thread is not accomplishing anything anymore.

That said, if for just the lack of professionalism Free4Me exhibited here, I'm going to avoid their sites...[/quote784cf4c772]

Yeah your right. It's getting pretty offtopic at points and stuff. It was to warn people of Free4me.

Blink182=Gone

05-09-2006 18:23:55

[i127a210539]Moral of the story [b127a210539]Free4Me is extremely shady.[/b127a210539][/i127a210539]

sedric1

05-09-2006 18:30:58

Still somewhat of a question though (no answer required) If you do not have a phone, does that mean you cannot complete a free4me site?
And if you can complete a site, what are you supposed to enter here?I would think that entering 000-000-0000 would be the same thing I would enter if I wished to keep my number 100% private or if I did not have a phone at all.. calling it fraud does not fit the profile whether you like it or not. calling it fraud, however, does make much more profit for the site owner...
whether or not the site owner will allow it per their terms of service, completely up to them and i wont argue it either way as long as it is visible for all to know up front.

Powerbook

05-09-2006 18:31:07

[quote5a5b754bfd="Blink182=Gone"][i5a5b754bfd]Moral of the story [b5a5b754bfd]Free4Me is extremely shady.[/b5a5b754bfd][/i5a5b754bfd][/quote5a5b754bfd]

There you go. Sums it up....

possibility

18-09-2006 10:53:25

The moral of the story to me is that users think they run the gift sites that they sign up for. I think it was always in the terms and conditions of Free4Me that all information given had to be valid and accurate. Entering as a phone number [if5f1cbc098]000-0000[/if5f1cbc098], or what have you, is, at best, disrespectful to begin with. If his site asked for a phone number, it asked for a phone number. That simple. Being so disrespectful in filling out his form, and yet expecting to still get a gift, you forget who runs the site.

OfferCentric doesn't ask for a street address upon registration. Almost all other sites do. If at a non-OfferCentric site, someone selects a PayPal reward, why does the site need a street address? Therefore, let's enter [if5f1cbc098]123 Main Street, Anytown, Anycity 00000[/if5f1cbc098] as a street address and still expect PayPal transfers. That is dumb, in fact. The phone number 000-0000 is on par with such a street address.

Of course, I'd be mad, too, if I missed $1000 because I had entered such a phone number. But then again, if I had been so disrespectful and arrogant in the first place, what would I really expect, in response to that, from a site that I now imply I had always suspected would sell my phone number to telemarketers? Implying that Free4Me might've sold your real phone number to telemarketers unless you spat in the face of its registration form by giving a blatantly false phone number, well, that's only more disrespectful.

Someone that paranoid about telemarketers would have an alternate (not false) phone number in the first place, even if it were mere voicemail. Or if someone is so paranoid that Free4Me would sell phone numbers, but can't afford a few bucks a month for an alternate phone number, then why would that person trust Free4Me to send $1000 in the first place, and act stunned when Free4Me didn't?

The issue isn't that Peter suddenly sprung a surprise on anyone. It's harsh, yes. It's harsh. And many were surprised. I was surprised, too, when I first heard about it, over at A4F, a while ago. And I said, "Damn, that's harsh." But the real issue, rather, is that some users think the tail wags the dog. The real shock to many users, really, is that users will not be allowed to make up their own rules as they see fit merely by popular opinion. I think it's a good example set by Peter that you cannot flagrantly disrespect his site's terms and conditions -- which always said that all information had to be valid and accurate -- and still expect to get rewarded.

No matter how sometimes inconvenient or disappointing it can be, we don't run his network. If we think he doesn't need our phone numbers, then we should not use his network. And if we have such a problem with his expecting phone numbers to at least be not flagrantly false, then he doesn't want us using his network. He doesn't want us using his network, then, unless of course we're foolish enough to gain two dozen refs while giving a blantantly false phone number.

Powerbook

19-09-2006 11:48:49

[quote6ca5e9af1e="possibility"]The moral of the story to me is that users think they run the gift sites that they sign up for. I think it was always in the terms and conditions of Free4Me that all information given had to be valid and accurate. Entering as a phone number [i6ca5e9af1e]000-0000[/i6ca5e9af1e], or what have you, is, at best, disrespectful to begin with. If his site asked for a phone number, it asked for a phone number. That simple. Being so disrespectful in filling out his form, and yet expecting to still get a gift, you forget who runs the site.

OfferCentric doesn't ask for a street address upon registration. Almost all other sites do. If at a non-OfferCentric site, someone selects a PayPal reward, why does the site need a street address? Therefore, let's enter [i6ca5e9af1e]123 Main Street, Anytown, Anycity 00000[/i6ca5e9af1e] as a street address and still expect PayPal transfers. That is dumb, in fact. The phone number 000-0000 is on par with such a street address.

Of course, I'd be mad, too, if I missed $1000 because I had entered such a phone number. But then again, if I had been so disrespectful and arrogant in the first place, what would I really expect, in response to that, from a site that I now imply I had always suspected would sell my phone number to telemarketers? Implying that Free4Me might've sold your real phone number to telemarketers unless you spat in the face of its registration form by giving a blatantly false phone number, well, that's only more disrespectful.

Someone that paranoid about telemarketers would have an alternate (not false) phone number in the first place, even if it were mere voicemail. Or if someone is so paranoid that Free4Me would sell phone numbers, but can't afford a few bucks a month for an alternate phone number, then why would that person trust Free4Me to send $1000 in the first place, and act stunned when Free4Me didn't?

The issue isn't that Peter suddenly sprung a surprise on anyone. It's harsh, yes. It's harsh. And many were surprised. I was surprised, too, when I first heard about it, over at A4F, a while ago. And I said, "Damn, that's harsh." But the real issue, rather, is that some users think the tail wags the dog. The real shock to many users, really, is that users will not be allowed to make up their own rules as they see fit merely by popular opinion. I think it's a good example set by Peter that you cannot flagrantly disrespect his site's terms and conditions -- which always said that all information had to be valid and accurate -- and still expect to get rewarded.

No matter how sometimes inconvenient or disappointing it can be, we don't run his network. If we think he doesn't need our phone numbers, then we should not use his network. And if we have such a problem with his expecting phone numbers to at least be not flagrantly false, then he doesn't want us using his network. He doesn't want us using his network, then, unless of course we're foolish enough to gain two dozen refs while giving a blantantly false phone number.[/quote6ca5e9af1e]

There was no valid phone number requirement in to the TOS before this.... Peter was disrespectful to me. So, I gave it back. Case closed.

Tsmith10803

19-09-2006 13:38:54

[quote059774a529="Free4Me Peter"][quote059774a529="Powerbook"][quote059774a529="Free4Me Peter"]Oh by the way, I just did a little investigating since you boasted on how you got paid from freetech4me - it seems you violated another part of our tos - you completed true.com on both freetech and a free4me.net site. What's your explanation for that one?[/quote059774a529]

Looking to take me down now ehh? I did true.com once. What other free4me site was it once, i only completed freetech4me buddy....[/quote059774a529]

Actually I wasn't but when I looked up your FreeTech4Me account I decided I should cross check the offers and sure enough you are a frauder. You completed it on FreeGear4Me as well.[/quote059774a529]

Maybe you should use the phone number to cross check the accounts lol

possibility

20-09-2006 11:56:56

The TOS always said that information given had to be valid. The phone number 000-0000 is blatantly false information. That blatancy of falsehood was disrespectful to the TOS. Peter returned that disrespect. That's when the case was closed. That's harsh, yes. But it's not unscrupulous.

Some may wish to boycott his network because they don't like that harshness. I, on the other hand, think it's a good example. People make mistakes -- sometimes -- but being blatantly false is no mistake. So it's a good example set by a site's administration that users my not make up their own TOS, and flagrantly violate the TOS, merely by popular opinion.

It was always in the TOS that information given had to be valid. That's why most people always gave valid or at least, out of respect, believable phone numbers to his network. They grasp that open disrespect won't be rewarded.

Powerbook

20-09-2006 12:40:12

[quotea0c5479c78="possibility"]The TOS always said that information given had to be valid. The phone number 000-0000 is blatantly false information. That blatancy of falsehood was disrespectful to the TOS. Peter returned that disrespect. That's when the case was closed. That's harsh, yes. But it's not unscrupulous.

Some may wish to boycott his network because they don't like that harshness. I, on the other hand, think it's a good example. People make mistakes -- sometimes -- but being blatantly false is no mistake. So it's a good example set by a site's administration that users my not make up their own TOS, and flagrantly violate the TOS, merely by popular opinion.

It was always in the TOS that information given had to be valid. That's why most people always gave valid or at least, out of respect, believable phone numbers to his network. They grasp that open disrespect won't be rewarded.[/quotea0c5479c78]

Believe what you want, but your point has hardly any stance. Hmm any other sites out there that put people on hold over a phone number? If he told me his site needed it or if it was a requirement stated in the TOS I would have put it. You can't even argue about that..... Go do the network if you want. Next thing you know he will put people on hold because a scammer's name started with a T, so anyone's name who starts with a T is a scammer and they will go on hold....

TryinToGetPaid

20-09-2006 13:19:02

You are pulling random things out your ass. The TOS says provide legit information, and you didn't. You broke the TOS, so you are put on hold. Why are you making it such a big deal?

If you frauded offers, and were put on hold would you still be whining this much?

If you had more than one account, and were put on hold would you still be whining this much?

Didn't think so. Follow the rules next time.

Powerbook

20-09-2006 13:33:20

[quotec59884ec1a="TryinToGetPaid"]You are pulling random things out your ass. The TOS says provide legit information, and you didn't. You broke the TOS, so you are put on hold. Why are you making it such a big deal?

If you frauded offers, and were put on hold would you still be whining this much?

If you had more than one account, and were put on hold would you still be whining this much?

Didn't think so. Follow the rules next time.[/quotec59884ec1a]

Don't try to be all smart now. There were no rules regarding it.

compuguru

20-09-2006 14:40:39

[quotea70e475af9="TryinToGetPaid"]You are pulling random things out your ass. The TOS says provide legit information, and you didn't.[/quotea70e475af9]
Didn't is say accurate shipping information before Peter changed it? If so, most people would not consider a phone number part of shipping information.

TryinToGetPaid

20-09-2006 14:48:50

If it did say accurate shipping info before he posted his 00000 phone number, then OK, that is a reason to get mad- because in no way can come up with a reason to explain how a phone number is shipping info.

Powerbook

20-09-2006 14:50:17

[quote7f6c88b74c="TryinToGetPaid"]If it did say accurate shipping info before he posted his 00000 phone number, then OK, that is a reason to get mad- because in no way can come up with a reason to explain how a phone number is shipping info.[/quote7f6c88b74c]

Yes, now you get it lol. I was like why is he arguing with me about this LOL.

dmorris68

20-09-2006 14:59:29

I'm trying not to take sides on this one, as I can see a point to both sides. However, regarding a phone number not being "shipping information," that is actually debatable. Most couriers outside of USPS, to include UPS and FedEx, always require a recipient phone number as part of their shipping information. I have both UPS and FedEx shipping accounts, and I cannot generate a shipment without a recipient phone number. Therefore, for the vast majority of product shipments -- outside of PayPal, check, or GC shipments -- a phone number IS considered shipping info. ;)

Also, I think it's a bit naive to assume, when the obvious intent of the TOS is to require accurate information of one kind, that it's okay to submit bogus info of another kind.

OTOH I think Peter should be a little more understanding of why someone wouldn't necessarily want to give out their phone number freely, and I think should have given the opportunity to supply a correct number rather than applying an automatic hold.

Powerbook

20-09-2006 15:07:32

[quote051aeafc84="dmorris68"]I'm trying not to take sides on this one, as I can see a point to both sides. However, regarding a phone number not being "shipping information," that is actually debatable. Most couriers outside of USPS, to include UPS and FedEx, always require a recipient phone number as part of their shipping information. I have both UPS and FedEx shipping accounts, and I cannot generate a shipment without a recipient phone number. Therefore, for the vast majority of product shipments -- outside of PayPal, check, or GC shipments -- a phone number IS considered shipping info. ;)

Also, I think it's a bit naive to assume, when the obvious intent of the TOS is to require accurate information of one kind, that it's okay to submit bogus info of another kind.

OTOH I think Peter should be a little more understanding of why someone wouldn't necessarily want to give out their phone number freely, and I think should have given the opportunity to supply a correct number rather than applying an automatic hold.[/quote051aeafc84]

That's a good point. I never got a chance and I was just basically told that he did not care. So, yeah. Oh well. Trainn has always been awesome at least. )

possibility

20-09-2006 21:54:04

I think if I had been momentarily in Peter's shoes, I would've done as dmorris68 suggests. I would've scrutinized your account extra, but I think I would've let you correct your phone number if all else looked all right.

Still, ultimately, I admire Peter's resolve. I think, in the end, it sends a healthier message within the community. I think some other situations have got out of hand before, eventually causing backlash to users, because wishy-washy site owners had been swayed into blurry vision in the first place by the pressures of popular opinion in forum discussions. Traiin, for instance, is a network -- the most respected of all -- that hardly participates in forum discussions at all. And I don't find that coincidental.

Anyway, it is debatable that a phone number is necessarily part of shipping information. And a phone number is probably not part of a shipping [i2574fd69b0]address[/i2574fd69b0]. But a phone number, when positioned on a form alongside name and address, surely is often considered part of shipping [i2574fd69b0]information[/i2574fd69b0]. I, too, like dmorris68, have a FedEx account, and a label can't be printed without a phone number. I might tell big, corporate FedEx to shove some zeroes, but I'm not going to tell that to a network that I want to send me $1000 in gift money. Would you have you done that with the bigger and forum-silent Gratis, Inc.? (Gratis wound up selling user information, yes, but me, I sure would've been respectful enough to give Gratis a valid alternate phone number, at least if I expected to get any gifts from Gratis.)

Even if you didn't mean disprespect to Free4Me at the time, disrespect is what the reviewer of your account sees, suddenly finding that where they asked your phone number, you stuffed a bunch of zeros. And yet -- as the reviewer sees -- you expect $1000 in reward money?!

The TOS didn't exactly and precisely mention phone number in isolation. But if you want to be such a stickler about the minute elements of TOS, down to the single word, then they also said that a user can be denied a reward for any reason whatsoever. Since that [i2574fd69b0]was[/i2574fd69b0] in the TOS, why'd you complain when you were denied? Didn't you agree to the TOS, to each element of them in detail? Well, you complained because you also had read between the lines of the TOS to interpret greater context. As dmorris68 says, the current running throughout the whole TOS was a demand for valid information.

I admit that I didn't know that the old TOS said, "valid shipping information," with[i2574fd69b0]out[/i2574fd69b0] saying elsewhere that information, period, had to be valid or accurate. And, despite the common consideration of phone number not as part of shipping address but indeed as part of shipping [i2574fd69b0]information[/i2574fd69b0], I admit that shipping information is open to some interpretation. But if you interpret all that to your convenience and yet think you're covered by the precise wording of the TOS, then no wonder you got bit by the precise wording of [i2574fd69b0]A users account may be closed by the Free4Me Network at any time based on the discretion of the Free4Me Network[/i2574fd69b0]. When I signed up at Free4Me, back in March, I sure didn't chance anything with a blatantly false phone number.

In your favor, though, is that you obviously weren't trying to [i2574fd69b0]fool[/i2574fd69b0] Free4Me with that phone number. So I think that I, myself, would've let you correct it. I may have lacked the cold businesslike resolve to make the same unrelenting decision of Peter's. But I have run my own businesses before, and one of them collapsed earlier this year, causing money loss and distress to some of my very good clients, and causing great debt and personal loss for myself, mostly because, somewhere when running my businesses, I had lost sight of where to draw the line, as popular opinion blurred with business decision. Meanwhile, I called it taking care of my clients. In hindsight, from the experience, I learned something that I had never been able to learn concretely as a consumer or user.

So, as harsh as Peter's decision was, I think ultimately it sets a healthier precedent for the community, because although he could've been kind instead, I do [i2574fd69b0]not[/i2574fd69b0] think it was out of keeping with his TOS as to the giving of valid information. Beyond that, I think it was a good precedent to set, showing who really runs the gift sites -- the owners, not the users -- and that this is serious, and will be treated that way, sometimes tough, even if the users don't see the reasoning behind it.

As I say, $1000 is a tough loss. And I surely doubt Free4Me contacted the affiliate so that the affliate could reverse credits. So there you have that -- I'm not saying Peter is a saint. As a business decision, his surely was harsh. It was harsh but not unscrupulous -- he's not a sinner. So I'm disappointed that users, then, would take up the senseless banner of irrationally bashing his well-run business. This is not charity; this is business. Of course we users don't see the negative aftereffects coming through some site owners' chitchatting in these forums with us and swaying with popular opinion. But I'm glad that some site owners, as businesspersons, do see more clearly than that. In the end, it helps the whole community.

Rampage575

21-09-2006 00:08:55

^^^ Cliffs? 8)

Akademikz

21-09-2006 14:30:13

Damn.. this new guy delivers.

DIABLO

01-10-2006 13:18:27

Wow, and I was about to do a free4me site...

I'd bet a million dollars that if Powerbook only cashed out for $100 he would have gotten it, no problem. Peter is just plain scamming this guy. My friend has gotten $1,000 paypal from Trainn while using "123 fake st" as his address...

egyptianruin

01-10-2006 13:24:16

[quote47a41f3ba3="DIABLO"]My friend has gotten $1,000 paypal from Trainn while using "123 fake st" as his address...[/quote47a41f3ba3]

and this is the reason my friends sites get shut down. I hate people who lie and fraud sites and yes giving incorrect info is fraud.

DIABLO

01-10-2006 13:27:57

[quote04db967abf="egyptianruin"][quote04db967abf="DIABLO"]My friend has gotten $1,000 paypal from Trainn while using "123 fake st" as his address...[/quote04db967abf]

and this is the reason my friends sites get shut down. I hate people who lie and fraud sites and yes giving incorrect info is fraud.[/quote04db967abf]

What do you mean "your friends sites"? My friend is stupid. I told him he had to use a real address and he didn't. Frauders suck cry

I have no problem with giving out my address, I just check the sites privacy policy and make sure they won't sell it, even if they do the companies the sell it to will get so many addresses it would cost them billions to send a single notice to all those people.

egyptianruin

01-10-2006 14:14:21

[quote349cd16071="DIABLO"][quote349cd16071="egyptianruin"][quote349cd16071="DIABLO"]My friend has gotten $1,000 paypal from Trainn while using "123 fake st" as his address...[/quote349cd16071]

and this is the reason my friends sites get shut down. I hate people who lie and fraud sites and yes giving incorrect info is fraud.[/quote349cd16071]

What do you mean "your friends sites"? My friend is stupid. I told him he had to use a real address and he didn't. Frauders suck cry

I have no problem with giving out my address, I just check the sites privacy policy and make sure they won't sell it, even if they do the companies the sell it to will get so many addresses it would cost them billions to send a single notice to all those people.[/quote349cd16071]

lol I meant my friends as an address to people - like dear friends, blah blah. I guess lack of punctuation made it read wrong, sorry bout that, lol.

amir89630

09-10-2006 18:50:59

lol, NM

JK JK JK .. im jk jk

Powerbook

10-10-2006 12:14:13

[quote38fb85bacf="amir89630"]peter

you greedy bastard, you fuckin disgust me.

o

thats right, i went there.[/quote38fb85bacf]

) i wonder if that bastard still reads this thread.

laundrysoap

11-11-2006 16:11:43

[quotec1796510cd="possibility"]The moral of the story to me is that users think they run the gift sites that they sign up for. I think it was always in the terms and conditions of Free4Me that all information given had to be valid and accurate. Entering as a phone number [ic1796510cd]000-0000[/ic1796510cd], or what have you, is, at best, disrespectful to begin with. If his site asked for a phone number, it asked for a phone number. That simple. Being so disrespectful in filling out his form, and yet expecting to still get a gift, you forget who runs the site.

OfferCentric doesn't ask for a street address upon registration. Almost all other sites do. If at a non-OfferCentric site, someone selects a PayPal reward, why does the site need a street address? Therefore, let's enter [ic1796510cd]123 Main Street, Anytown, Anycity 00000[/ic1796510cd] as a street address and still expect PayPal transfers. That is dumb, in fact. The phone number 000-0000 is on par with such a street address.

No matter how sometimes inconvenient or disappointing it can be, we don't run his network. If we think he doesn't need our phone numbers, then we should not use his network. And if we have such a problem with his expecting phone numbers to at least be not flagrantly false, then he doesn't want us using his network. He doesn't want us using his network, then, unless of course we're foolish enough to gain two dozen refs while giving a blantantly false phone number.[/quotec1796510cd]

Since when is a phone number on the same level as an address? No really, since when is a stupid phone number the same as a shipping address?
Did this person put in a fake phone number? Yes.
Is this against TOS? IDK, since I've never done this site and haven't seen the TOS.

Since Peter acted like a total douche and cursed at a person, nay, a CLIENT, one who made him cash money, and made the asshole move of changing the TOS after, he seems very shady to me.

egyptianruin

11-11-2006 16:32:23

Once again a phone number is required. If you go to FedEx the send something they ask for a phone number, if you go to Amazon to order something they ask for a phone number. If you fraudulantly put 000-000-0000 as your phone number it is NOT a mistake it is intentionally misleading and incorrect.

unknown uchiha

11-11-2006 20:03:48

Can this thread die? Please?

Someone put all zeroes as his phone number, got his gift denied, wouldn't work it out with Peter and instead escalated this thing which led Peter to finding an alternate ("legitimate") means to DQ him, and here we are months later still trying to find the meaning of life in this thread.

egyptianruin

11-11-2006 20:15:05

I wonder where that fish is gone?
You did love it so, you looked after it like a son.
And it went, where ever, I, did go.
Is it in the cub-ord?
Wouldn't you like to know? It was a funny little fish.
Where can that fish be?
It is a most elusive fish!
Oh fishie, fishie, fishie, fish!
Oh fishie, fishie, fishie, fishie, oh!
Oh fishie, fishie, fishie, fish!

unknown uchiha

11-11-2006 20:56:13

lol

theysayjump

21-11-2006 21:19:32

Monty Pythons Flying Circus-s-s-s-s-s-s-s, Al Capowns.

OrderGiftsFree

22-11-2006 12:22:44

Nevermind!

egyptianruin

22-11-2006 12:24:56

[quote782e438e07="smashedpumpkins"]Overall I'd say Free4me deserves in ass kicking off this site just like YourGiftsFree from anything4free. ( <3 YourGiftsFree) It's plain and obvious that Peter just wants a few extra bucks. He didn't just put some random number like 9482749. He put 0000000. It's obvious right there it's just invalid as stated before. Yes he may have frauded therefore he deserves a hold, but Peter flat out said this whole site is a bunch of frauding scammers.

I vote BAN PETERS ASS![/size782e438e07][/quote782e438e07]

(sigh) is it necessary every week for someone to say how horrible Peter is for this same old crap.

Coolbgdog

25-11-2006 18:33:49

This whole phone thing was out of hand. I don't see how the number being put as a bunch of zeros made it a big deal. Whats the difference if he made a typo and peter said its wrong info your on hold? Its no more to say its just leave it at that.

corim123

03-12-2006 14:35:48

Wow I trust them and I didn't screw them over. Hmmm. Yea all legit info Check and free gift on time check. hmmm. lol

dcokexv

31-12-2006 00:21:59

I refuse to let this thread die without my input!

BAHAHAHA! I used a fake number on the 3 free4me sites I completed and got my money just fine! After reading this topic I proceeded to laugh and then eat marshmallows.

Oh well, it's not like I'm ever doing a Free4Me site ever again. Ever.

egyptianruin

31-12-2006 06:12:37

idiot

kidd2108

31-12-2006 22:29:23

[quote253f504486="dcokexv"]I refuse to let this thread die without my input!

BAHAHAHA! I used a fake number on the 3 free4me sites I completed and got my money just fine! After reading this topic I proceeded to laugh and then eat marshmallows.

Oh well, it's not like I'm ever doing a Free4Me site ever again. Ever.[/quote253f504486]

Not sure but I doubt you used 000-000-0000. If you put in a random telephone number thats not yours I doubt they would know since they dont call you. The only reason the PowerBook got caught was b/c he put all those zeros.

Powerbook

06-01-2007 06:32:45

and i still don't see why I was put on hold for that as that was not even in the TOS, now it is though. Whatever fuck free4me. I have never been put on hold anywhere else and I am making a lot of money. So in the end, all it did was put free4me in a negative light.

EDIT sorry for replying, I wasn't able to acces fipg for quite some time. Didn't realize the thread was updated january 1st. Let this die. Sorry.

findme

27-01-2007 06:40:52

[quote0c86a3129e="Powerbook"][quote0c86a3129e="Free4Me Peter"]1. What is wrong with you people? Where does everybody get this idea of telemarketing calls? Does our site look like a loan site that says we're going to call you and sell your phone number to everyone we can? No. Someone just decided to pull that excuse out of their ass to cover for a reason for using a fake phone number.

It is not worth my time to argue. If you don't like the decision than don't complete our sites. A valid phone number is something you agree you have put when you signup, and if you break our tos, regardless of what clause it is, you will go on hold. End of story.[/quote0c86a3129e]

Where in the TOS does it talk about a telephone number Peter? Where does it say it has to be valid? Keep thinking it is the end of story. I intend to let everyone know my experience. I am very persistant and I will keep letting everyone know your ways. Just because your grade A legit on A4F, that does not mean you can do things like this and be thought of as a wonderful person. So how did I fraud your site?[/quote0c86a3129e]

just to shed a little light on why you got placed on hold aka banned ( dont know why they call it on hold because you almost never get off of hold)he actually doesnt say you need a real telephone number. he just says he can place you on hold for anything.

just place a "real" number in your state where you live. he doesnt actually call the number but justasks for your telephone number so just in case he finds out that you did something wrong he can place you on hold )

also i wouldnt post on the forums that you palced a fake phone number ( thats not yours) and brag about it on the forums. although its funny it isnt good for the person who placed all zeros.

cire16

16-02-2007 09:23:27

FYI Anyone that does NOT want to use their phone number in the future can get a free number from www.k7.net . I use their free service and it is really incredibly easy to sign up for and i have yet to find a hitch. You can even record a personalized message for the voicemail, and you dont have to monitor on their site because they email you every time a message is receivved. As soon as you fill out the sign up sheet they email you your very own phone number! Mine is an area code from Seattle Washington, but whatever, it works just the same.

This is such a great site that i joined the forum just to tell you all about it!

Check it out www.k7.net

hereandnow

16-02-2007 15:12:38

Hi all,
I have Voip phone and didn't change my number since the last time we moved. Does that mean, they will not accept my phone number (which has a different area code than the present address)? pls help. (

Powerbook

16-02-2007 19:42:39

[quote988371a25e="hereandnow"]Hi all,
I have Voip phone and didn't change my number since the last time we moved. Does that mean, they will not accept my phone number (which has a different area code than the present address)? pls help. ([/quote988371a25e]

Why the hell are you guys bumping this old thread? It doesn't matter to me anymore if I am on hold there over a phone number because this happened way too long ago. And why are some of you advertising VOIP services? I am not talking to you since you are fine though) Sorry it looks as if I was talking about you, but I am talking about the previous poster. I doubt it would matter to them though. As long as the phone number is valid.

allout14

09-03-2007 08:45:11

Hello,

I realize this is an old thread but I just had to post a reply considering that I just got scamed by Peter Kasmin and freelcds4me. I was placed on hold after I was told that I had multiple accounts on the 500 free4me site. I was given an email address that was supposed to have the same IP address as mine. I ran an IP check and found out that the IP addresses weren't even the same and that the person who had this email lived hundreds of miles from me.

I sent three emails to Peter and was ignored. I finally sent an email stating that basically I had completed all the requirements and wanted to get paid. I told Peter that if I did not hear from him by the end of the day I would pursue other means of getting paid. I received a very rude email stating that I had violated the terms of service and there were no second chances. I emailed back and offered to provide whatever proof he needed to show that I did not have multiple accounts, and he then more or less called me an idiot by stating that I obviously had not read the TOS closely and recited a paragraph where it states that no one can sign up at a public place or use a proxy service. He then informed me that because I have dial up internet service that is considered a proxy. Bottom line, I'm out the money I spent on offers and referrals. I have not been paid for the services I provided so I decided to do some investigating of my own and this is what I have found.

First of all there is a complaint againist Peter for the same type of practices on ripoff.com, I have now filed a complaint there as well. This is not the first time that Peter's rude arrogant behavior has been mentioned and we are not the only ones to be ripped off. Yes, there are people who have been paid and received prizes. He pays just enough people so that when someone reports they have been scammed, these people will come forward and say, hey wait a minute, I got paid.

I also found out that Peter's domain, freelcds has had 59 changes since created on 9/15/05, he uses several different address and I am checking for other names at this time. Bottom line, he doens't always pay and you can never be sure when he will and when he won't. Once you complete the offers and send your referrals over, he could care less. His advertisers pay him and that's all he cares about. If someone posts anything about his ripoffs, he attempts to brow beat them and run them off the site. Which he can certainly do at anything4free considering he has used the money he saved by not paying people and contributed enough to that site to basically own it, he is god there. That is the green god of money. If anyone posts anything againist him he sends out his hinchmen and they attack that person like an injured rabbit. It's really sad that he had to stoop to these practices. Why doesn't he just pay people what they earn, plain and simple.

Basically I would like to know how many people have been ripped off my dear ole Peter. I have filed a report with the internet fraud division of the FBI, I have posted my experiences on various consumer sites and I intend to continue my plight until I get paid and every unsuspecting person like me realizes that signing up at any of the Free4me sites is a gamble at best and a ripoff at worst. I urge anyone who has experienced the same to file a complaint and make sure you are heard. This is the only way we can put internet scammers like Peter out of business. If we all keep fighting maybe one day those of us who choose to try and make an extra buck on the internet can be free of these parasites.

Please PM me if you have been ripped of by any of the Free4me sites and give me some details. I am collecting information to forward to the Internet Fraud Division and I would appreciate all the details I can get.

I'm sure my post will cause another spill of Peter's insults but quite frankly I could care less, I'm damn tired of being ripped off and watching others be taken advantage of as well.

Thanks, T.A.

egyptianruin

09-03-2007 11:16:53

All I have to say is LMAO. You broke the TOS and you filed an FBI report? WOW.... roll

gmario

09-03-2007 14:36:08

Lol you went a lil bit to far tho, but yea with the staff at a4f i noticed the same thing too, they did that to me also with CustomOrderThis they would randomly change the subject and ignore my issue and post about their prices but in this forum they dont do none of that lol i rarely see them posting in the brag brag or in his forum on fipg but is cool tho. wink

bullseye4u

09-03-2007 15:17:45

Wow, Why would you post on ripoffreport and than report them to FBI for an investigation? This is just plain dumb on your side, sorry. You broke the rules..... Why would you make their life's harder and blame it on them? I personally never broke the rules and never got on hold for any network. You should go on and forget about Free4me than. Freebie is just extra money to your income thats it. You can't just go and report freebie sites because they put you on hold, specially for a valid reason...

cmcalli

12-03-2007 08:22:42

[quote90ef1f4445="gmario"]Lol you went a lil bit to far tho, but yea with the staff at a4f i noticed the same thing too, they did that to me also with CustomOrderThis they would randomly change the subject and ignore my issue and post about their prices but in this forum they dont do none of that lol i rarely see them posting in the brag brag or in his forum on fipg but is cool tho. wink[/quote90ef1f4445]

There you go crying again because you got banned

Free4Me Peter

12-03-2007 22:05:56

[quotea2c66e7fb3]I also found out that Peter's domain, freelcds has had 59 changes since created on 9/15/05, he uses several different address and I am checking for other names at this time. [/quotea2c66e7fb3]

What are you even talking about? 59 changes? What does that even mean? If you're going to complain at least learn how to make sense.

Also, you didn't do a good job on your research, because if you did you would know that lcds.free4me.net (the proper name for the site, not freelcds) was not created until February 2006.

Several different addresses? Guess you've never heard of domains by proxy. Google is your friend.

gmario

12-03-2007 22:12:45

[quotec54158bd10="cmcalli"][quotec54158bd10="gmario"]Lol you went a lil bit to far tho, but yea with the staff at a4f i noticed the same thing too, they did that to me also with CustomOrderThis they would randomly change the subject and ignore my issue and post about their prices but in this forum they dont do none of that lol i rarely see them posting in the brag brag or in his forum on fipg but is cool tho. wink[/quotec54158bd10]

There you go crying again because you got banned[/quotec54158bd10]

Get me a box of tissues if you got a problem with my crying playful

Powerbook

13-03-2007 03:41:32

I wish this thread would just die. Peter it is good to have you back. wink

dmorris68

13-03-2007 05:48:40

I am particularly amused by this statement

[quotef6226dd979="allout14"]...I was given an email address that was supposed to have the same IP address as mine. I ran an IP check and found out that the IP addresses weren't even the same and that the person who had this email lived hundreds of miles from me.[/quotef6226dd979]
Pray tell, how did you run an "IP check" against an e-mail address? Unless this person runs their own e-mail server from their own static IP (unlikely for 99.9% of freebie customers, and if it was then by definition it wouldn't be the same as your IP), it is impossible to determine a person's IP from their e-mail address. You'll just get the IP of their e-mail domain's MX record, i.e. their mail server. And assuming you correctly determined that the other e-mail address was actually hundreds of miles from you, it is quite unlikely they could have had the same dynamic IP as you, since different ISP's have different IP blocks. Even if you both shared the same national ISP, their IP's tend to maintain a geographical or regional grouping. So your defense isn't very credible from a technical standpoint.

Peter however would easily know the IP addresses from the browser hits, not from the e-mail address. He was simply using the e-mail address to identify another account that had the same IP as you.

[quotef6226dd979="Powerbook"]I wish this thread would just die. Peter it is good to have you back. [/quotef6226dd979]
While I understand that you wish to let your own complaint against Peter die, there are others who are posting relevant (albeit sometimes debatable) opinions on the matter, therefore I think the thread still serves some usefulness. Normally I respect the OP's request to lock a thread when they ask, but in this case it has evolved with enough input and questions from others that to lock it would be more of a disservice than not.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, I'm not defending Peter here either. I think his customer relations skills could probably use some improvement, sure. But he is free to run his site how he wishes, and I have yet to see any hard evidence of him "scamming." Powerbook technically violated TOS because a bogus phone number should be implicitly understood to be false information, shipping or otherwise, as I and others have already pointed out. You folks complain about site owners using loopholes in their TOS against you, when you're guilty of trying to do the same thing. Do you fail to see the irony? Or should I say, hypocrisy? ;)