Want an iphone clone 1:1

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=76630

N204life

23-07-2008 22:35:57

[b4e6bf063fe]$200 shipped[/b4e6bf063fe]
Just got it 2 days ago and found out a there is a model just like this that has wifi which is 400 bucks so i want to sell this and get the other one. Everything is brand new and never been used. The phones has been used about 4 hours and still has protective film on it. This phone is way cool, it has shake and tilt control. I would explain but if you read about it you'll understand. This is a exactly physical replica, its 11 copy

Try to find this for less then $200 shipped. You cant find this from any USA seller, only Hong Kong sellers. So why wait, i got it right here right now.

This is a quad band phone which means it will work on any GSM network. That means any service provider with sim cards T-Mobile, AT&T etc... I wont list the full specs. Heres a link http//ezinearticles.com/?SciPhone-I68-Mobile-Phone---A-Smaller-Size,-A-Fast-Performance-And-Java-Are-A-Winning-Combination&id=1178404

Comes with Computer to phone usb cable, leather case, mini sd to SD usb adapter, Car charger, Ear buds, Extra battery, Pen stylist and owner manuals and what not.

AND YES THIS WILL WORK WITH AT&T AND T-MOBILE. I HAVE T-MOBILE AND IT WORKS FINE

dmorris68

24-07-2008 06:11:52

$400 for a bootleg clone? Don't think so. Bootleg import clones are neat but I wouldn't trust them, especially not for that kind of money. Not only are they legally shady in the US (if not downright illegal), but I highly doubt they work as well as a real iPhone. The OS cannot be OSX. In fact, calling that a clone (much less a 11 clone) is a far stretch. True clones actually use much the same hardware and software, which obviously this does not. It's a clone only in physical formfactor and OS skin.

Not only that, but the reviewers at that site sound pretty clueless. Case in point

[quote0d83876406]Additionally, the manufacturer has added the latest edition of Java to this phone, enabling users to use MSN, Office, PowerPoint and thousands of other downloads and games. [/quote0d83876406]
Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, from the current stable of Microsoft mobile software, runs on Java. They're all C++ native, or else .NETurl==http://=http:///url based, applications, and only run on Windows Mobile devices. So this would appear to be a WM device with a tilt sensor and an iPhone skin, something that's been done before.

I guess if you don't have AT&T and want to appear cool, one of these might not be a bad idea, but personally I'd rather spend my money on a used 1st gen iPhone that is jailbroken and unlocked to run on T-mobile or whoever your GSM carrier is. It would be a much better phone long-term. Otherwise, just buy a US WM-based phone. Personally I think trying to cheap out on a clone of a popular item is totally un-cool. If you want to look hip, buy the real thing, and if you can't/won't, then go in a completely different direction. To me it reeks of desperation to fit-in. shrug

ajasax

24-07-2008 10:16:09

^^ What he said. If I'm gonna spend $400 on a phone, it might as well be the real thing. Not some skinned WM look-alike. Me, I'm just waiting till the iPhone sees broader market share in regards to service. This monopoly AT&T has should be illegal.

tylerc

24-07-2008 10:22:22

It's not really a monopoly. It's like any other phone that's exclusive to any other network. The Voyager is a Verizon Wireless exclusive, because they paid to have it exclusive to their network.

dmorris68

24-07-2008 10:29:20

[quote18f99ebb84="tylerc"]It's not really a monopoly. It's like any other phone that's exclusive to any other network. The Voyager is a Verizon Wireless exclusive, because they paid to have it exclusive to their network.[/quote18f99ebb84]
Bingo. This has been a common marketing practice since cellphones became mainstream, particularly with hot and highly anticipated new products. RAZR was exclusive to Cingular for a year, Chocolate was exclusive to Verizon, etc. The iPhone is just one of the biggest hyped phones ever, and the relationship between Apple and AT&T is unique -- normally the OEMs don't dictate how their products are sold and used the way Apple does. Also, AT&T wasn't Apple's first choice from what I hear -- I believe T-Mobile might have been their first choice, but T turned them down. Which I'm personally thankful for, since I'm an AT&T customer and am quite happy with them. I expect I'll be getting my 3G iPhone within a couple months.

If you take exception with monopolies, then I doubt you'd be interested in either an iPhone or a WM device, since Apple and Microsoft are about as monopolistic (in their respective market segments) as technology companies come.

tylerc

24-07-2008 10:30:52

How long is the iPhone exclusive with AT&T? We have Verizon, as do most people in Indiana it seems, and I would really like to get the iPhone if/when it comes out for Verizon.

dmorris68

24-07-2008 10:35:58

[quote2532fac489="tylerc"]How long is the iPhone exclusive with AT&T? We have Verizon, as do most people in Indiana it seems, and I would really like to get the iPhone if/when it comes out for Verizon.[/quote2532fac489]
I've heard a few theories, but none that I can substantiate. For the time being, there are no plans to official sanction other carriers from what I've heard. I've also heard something about a 5-year contract between AT&T and Apple, but have no idea if that equates to 5-years of exclusivity or not. Knowing Apple, they probably have a clause in the contract that as long as they're happy with AT&T as a partner, they'll remain exclusive, but reserve the right bail out if AT&T drops the ball somewhere.

That said, the world is full of unlocked iPhones, and the 3G has already been jailbroken. It's not that hard to take an iPhone to another GSM carrier. As for Verizon, however, they will likely lineverli support an iPhone unless Verizon goes GSM. Or until they can convince Apple to build a CDMA iPhone. From a worldwide perspective, CDMA is a dying technology and GSM is where everyone else is at. Aside from sheer market size and the nightmare of converting such a large infrastructure, I'm not sure what's taking Verizon so long. Cingular was successful in migrating a not-insignificant analog/TDMA infrastructure to GSM several years ago.

tylerc

24-07-2008 10:43:26

I'd heard the 5 year contract before too, but I don't see us switching off of Verizon any time soon.

N204life

24-07-2008 11:21:33

Im not selling it for $400, take a damn chill pill. Its $200 which is considerably cheaper then paying $110 a month for a iphone plan for a min of 2 years which is over $2600. No need to bash my post.

tylerc

24-07-2008 11:30:23

[quote016aa6c451="N204life"]Im not selling it for $400, take a damn chill pill. Its $200 which is considerably cheaper then paying $110 a month for a iphone plan for a min of 2 years which is over $2600. No need to bash my post.[/quote016aa6c451]

Genius, telling an admin to take a damn chill pill and accusing him of bashing your post.

dmorris68

24-07-2008 12:15:21

N204, I think you are the one who needs to grow some thicker skin. I didn't insult you, or "bash" your post. You said you were paying $400 for a wifi version, and I was pointing out how expensive that was, and also calling into question your claims of this being a "11 clone," when it is obviously not. Oh, and the iPhone voice/data plan is as cost-effective as any other phone's comparable plan. You may pay less for service with this imported POS, but you won't have the same functionality either, so it's kind of a moot argument.

[quoteb479e8406a="tylerc"]Genius, telling an admin to take a damn chill pill and accusing him of bashing your post.[/quoteb479e8406a]
Meh, I'm not that petty. Short of direct insults and blatant disrespect, I'm not going to get pissy with someone for taking exception with me. That said, it seems N204 has a history of abrasive posts here. If that sort of bad attitude prevails, it will be dealt with, just like it has been with others.

TravMan162

24-07-2008 16:23:08

[quotef4da338b9a="tylerc"][quotef4da338b9a="N204life"]Im not selling it for $400, take a damn chill pill. Its $200 which is considerably cheaper then paying $110 a month for a iphone plan for a min of 2 years which is over $2600. No need to bash my post.[/quotef4da338b9a]

Genius, telling an admin to take a damn chill pill and accusing him of bashing your post.[/quotef4da338b9a]

the only reason i looked at this thread was cuz DMo posted last and he's always informative about everything. This was so worth it. lol

N204life

24-07-2008 16:48:40

[quote0f05ac418b="tylerc"]Genius, telling an admin to take a damn chill pill and accusing him of bashing your post.[/quote0f05ac418b]
Meh, I'm not that petty. Short of direct insults and blatant disrespect, I'm not going to get pissy with someone for taking exception with me. That said, it seems N204 has a history of abrasive posts here. If that sort of bad attitude prevails, it will be dealt with, just like it has been with others.

What do you mean abrasive post. I stay quite on here, the only time i post is on off topic subjects. The only problem ive had is with one person and that was delt with. I dont get it?

ajasax

24-07-2008 22:24:07

[quote8573dcabb9="dmorris68"]If you take exception with monopolies, then I doubt you'd be interested in either an iPhone or a WM device, since Apple and Microsoft are about as monopolistic (in their respective market segments) as technology companies come.[/quote8573dcabb9]
I actually have a Palm phone with Sprint right now D

I still think having exclusivity on phones shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I'm envisioning an ideal world, but you should be able to pick any phone you want and use any service provider. It allows for more competition. It's like buying a PC pre-installed with Windows, but crippled so that no OS other than MS's could be installed.