About the profitable website for sale...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=71244

whitegreyhat

13-11-2007 06:21:36

Okay sorry i spend some time researching it and i was annoyed the topic was locked after i spent like an hour on it!! But ...
--------first is my response to the post
Okay so he is right, even with no traffic it is a bargain supposedly turn key website. I own like 6 websites, none to do with freestuff, and I also design websites. If everything on that site works, scripts crap like that, database. It did look decent, not great but I didnt want to sign up so I couldnt see if there were any working offers. I suppose if I were to design and implement a fully functional site like this i would charge 1-2k but it would include everything and obviously custom made.

The sketchy thing to me is you say you can chose between 2 scripts? The second site, none of the links work or anything for their demos for their supposed script. It gives a brief description of the features, and thats it the demo doesnt work, it has no indication of how to even buy it, just an aim name listed. Did you already buy both of them? Because the first one you can get for 199 (which would be basically the barebones site all you do is add images, domain,etc) , but there are a number of addons at an additional cost.

Your domain is probably the most valuable part of your site in my opinion and you might want to just consider getting an appraisal on that, because if you wait or your timings right you could get up to 1-3k for it if your lucky, if you want to sell quickly probably around 300-800.
----------------
To the mods
So i dont think its a scam or something, and a website even though it is not tangible should still be able to be for sale. Its obviously not like hes trying to sell digital images of his amateur photographed children, its in an important part of business and ecommerce today. I think his price is reasonable, considering what I said about the domain, and he says it includes 2 yrs hosting, which is usually around 100 for the lower end of decent hosting. You can also argue it is somewhat tangible because once you own the domain, its transferred to you, you receive ownership documentation from the Registrar and ICANN.

Theres not that much details besides that, I am assuming you would have to come up with your own offers, affiliates, prize distribution logistics. But i am not going to spend hours looking into that.... And although it does sound like a decent deal people do not realize how much work it is to be a webmaster and maintain and configure sites, especially if you have no clue how to do it in the first place!

A note on the traffic logs to, which i was browsing his site i found some spam in the forum, which could possibly account for those hits, as I will quote here, its an obvious attempt to attract traffic for some reason, by somebody... ill leave that up to you to decide.
[quote5b5ac5eec4]kate moss,anorexia kate moss,biography kate moss,black kate moss,blogging kate moss,bobby gillespie kate moss,david yurman ads kate moss,diamond blues kate moss,how much does kate moss weigh,jack flanagan and kate moss,johnny depp and kate moss,kate moss agent provocateur,kate moss and daughter,kate moss and jack flanagan,kate moss and pete doherty,kate moss applying lipstick,kate moss at festivals,kate moss baby,kate moss bare breasts,kate moss bare breasts pictures,kate moss blows,kate moss breasts,kate moss breasts riviera,kate moss calvin klein,kate moss ck,kate moss clothing,kate moss cocaine,kate moss cocaine view pics,kate moss crown tattoo,kate moss dating indian man,kate moss diet,kate moss dreams of miss x,kate moss drug addict,kate moss drunk,kate moss fakes,kate moss fan,kate moss fashion photography,kate moss gallery,kate moss hair,kate moss haircut,kate moss having sex,kate moss height,kate moss hot,kate moss hunters,kate moss in paris,kate moss les,kate moss lesbian,kate moss model,kate moss mu
d,kate moss naked,kate moss naked pics,kate moss new tattoos,kate moss on beach,kate moss pete,kate moss pete doherty,kate moss pete doherty tapes,kate moss photography,kate moss photos,kate moss pic,kate moss pics,kate moss pictures,kate moss pregnant,kate moss red carpet black mini dress,kate moss rss feed,kate moss scandal,kate moss september barneys,kate moss sex,kate moss sex tape,kate moss sex videos,kate moss sexy,kate moss spallow tattoo,kate moss star tattoo,kate moss style,kate moss sunbathing,kate moss swallow tattoo,kate moss tape,kate moss tattoos,kate moss topless,kate moss totally naked,kate moss vacation,kate moss video,kate moss wallpaper,kate moss wardrobe,kate moss wearing black mini dress,kate moss wearing leather,kate moss weight,kate moss with brown hair,kate moss youtube video,naked kate moss boyfriend,pete doherty and kate moss,pete doherty kate moss,photos of kate moss,photos of model kate moss,picture of kate moss with her super 8mm camera,pictures of kate moss,supermodel kate moss,t
opshop by kate moss,white stripes kate moss[/quote5b5ac5eec4]

But i guess Kate Moss really likes her freeipods and stuff right..roll

CollidgeGraduit

13-11-2007 06:42:05

If you want to buy it from him, contact him privately.

What he was selling is intangible, so it won't be sold through the forum.