Want To Buy Windows Vista Ultimate Full Version with New COA

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=70179

kelbypayday

09-10-2007 12:41:24

Hi everyone I am looking for a Windows Vista Ultimate Full version with COA that has never been used before.

I just installed a new DVD burner on my computer and now windows wants me to activate xp again.

I think it is time to finally upgrade my system and just forget about XP.

Make me your offers and I'll pm you back.

Thanks everybody D

TFOAF

09-10-2007 14:16:54

lol what are the specs of your system?

kelbypayday

09-10-2007 14:28:58

umm lets see

right now im running xp service pack 2

2gb memory
nvidia 6600
amd athlon 64 processor
3200+
2.19 GHz

ILoveToys

10-10-2007 13:06:35

just reactivate....you might have to make a phone call...it'll be less time wasted than if you go to vista....

i say stick w/ xp

kelbypayday

10-10-2007 21:59:08

Yea it might be less time wasted but roommate has vista and he keeps saying how great it is so I want to try it out.

dudeextrem2000

11-10-2007 07:17:51

advice.....dont! its nothing but crap

kelbypayday

11-10-2007 09:39:15

Haha wow I have always listened to your guys advice because a lot of you seem pretty smart and are always honest.

I tell ya what.

I'll dual boot it that way I don't lose xp and I can still test out windows vista. If I dont like it (and listening to you guys I prob wont) I can always delete and still have xp.

Thanks a lot for all the input however guys.

Update I have already been made an offer and I have paid. Should be here sometime monday or tuesday.....I will let you guys know what I think of vista.

jwwws

11-10-2007 10:01:43

I love Vista, on my lappy which I purchased new with Vista installed. However, on my desktop...it worked but S-L-O-W! I'll be interested in hearing your experience.

dmorris68

11-10-2007 12:33:40

Vista gets a lot of hate, but it really depends on what you do with it as to how well it works. For the majority of people who do nothing much more than surf, e-mail and write letters, they'll have no problems with it. Those with older or esoteric hardware, serious gamers, heavy multimedia users, etc., might expect to run into some technical issues, although it's a lot better now than when first released. Others hate it for ideological reasons, such as its DRM enforcement, rather than for any real technical deficiency. I dual boot Ultimate and XP, but honestly I rarely touch Vista. And I wiped it from my Toshiba laptop to install Ubuntu.

In other words, your mileage may vary, but don't discount it based on someone else's dislike for it.

kelbypayday

12-10-2007 09:09:26

Aright so I installed vista last night and so far so good. I played around with it a lot last night and some this morning and I think it is great.

The overall appearance is awesome. I love the transition of windows when you open and close them. The dream scene background is awesome. Flip 3D is great as well.

Connectivity was really easy too. I had minor problems with compatibility but once it was figured out everything else worked great. I have to figure out how to set up sharing from a vista and xp computer yet. I may change my decision if I cant set that up.

Some programs I am having problems with is AnyDVD. Which really makes me mad because I NEED that program. I found a forum on how to fix it so hopefully I can get that to work. Nero 7 is working fine. BitPM is working fine. Stardock had some issues but I dont really need that anymore. I can use the quick launch if I need it. Windows media center is great on my 360. I LOVE that aspect of vista.

I am still working on vista and testing things out but if you guys have any suggestions on what I can and should do with it please feel free to help me out.

Vista compared to XP. I would have to take Vista right now. It just seems so much better.

Please reply your thoughts!

TryinToGetPaid

12-10-2007 09:25:51

Glad to hear it worked perfectly. -)

TFOAF

12-10-2007 09:49:30

[quotea80368aa17="kelbypayday"]Aright so I installed vista last night and so far so good. I played around with it a lot last night and some this morning and I think it is great.

The overall appearance is awesome. I love the transition of windows when you open and close them. The dream scene background is awesome. Flip 3D is great as well.

Connectivity was really easy too. I had minor problems with compatibility but once it was figured out everything else worked great. I have to figure out how to set up sharing from a vista and xp computer yet. I may change my decision if I cant set that up.

Some programs I am having problems with is AnyDVD. Which really makes me mad because I NEED that program. I found a forum on how to fix it so hopefully I can get that to work. Nero 7 is working fine. BitPM is working fine. Stardock had some issues but I dont really need that anymore. I can use the quick launch if I need it. Windows media center is great on my 360. I LOVE that aspect of vista.

I am still working on vista and testing things out but if you guys have any suggestions on what I can and should do with it please feel free to help me out.

Vista compared to XP. I would have to take Vista right now. It just seems so much better.

Please reply your thoughts![/quotea80368aa17]
What's wrong with AnyDVD? I'm running it fine on Vista.

kelbypayday

12-10-2007 11:01:05

Whenever I install AnyDVD I have the trial version.

Then when I try to install the KEY

All it does it say my 21 day trial subscription is over.

I am not sure what is wrong with it.

Any suggestions?

TFOAF

12-10-2007 18:09:47

Is it a legal key? P

kelbypayday

12-10-2007 21:16:57

haha yea it is a legal key.