**NEW** $1 washington coins ---PICTURES< misprints?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56208

chrome89k

08-03-2007 19:58:30

i know there r misprints on the coin where there is no writing on the sides of the coin...

BUT there are also some coins with the writing upside down on the side... rumor has it that these r misprints also...

OBVIOUSLY the ones with no writing on it are the rarer ones, because a found a SOMEWHAT frequent supply of upside down writing on the sides...

ANY input?

I've got roles and roles of these things... I've got unopened ORIGINAL shipment roles, and some opened roles of $25

anyone interested in buying... or just want to add some ideas and opinions to this type of coin?

h3x

08-03-2007 20:02:16

Pictures?

shylesson

08-03-2007 20:11:14

I'll buy some if ya selling. Not sure of their value though honestly /

chrome89k

08-03-2007 20:20:15

if your interested in buying some just let me know how much you want to spend, and if you want SOME of the unopened ones, if you want the ones with upside down print... NOT guaranteeing that they r misprints... BUT it is a FACT that the upside down ones appear ALOT less frequently in the roles... I'm going to try and post some pictures ... . its really hard for me to catch the writing on the sides to show you... got semi-shitty camera

chrome89k

08-03-2007 20:24:32

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN SEE, BUT LOOK IN THE BACK ROW AND YOU CAN SORT OF MAKE OUT THE PRINTING. Third row, all the way to the right in the back, the 4th coin down is upside down...
i did not take this last picture... but perfectly depicts the upside down ness
did not take this one either, but perfectly shows how the coin is suppose to be

x323smostwantedx

08-03-2007 20:54:50

How much?

chrome89k

08-03-2007 20:56:06

name a price... its all fair game... i 've been having different variations of offers... up to you

Killer722

08-03-2007 21:24:19

$1.01 going once.

OldManWrigley

08-03-2007 21:44:00

I want some! $20 for $25?

nytrate

08-03-2007 22:14:57

the ones that didn't have "In God We Trust" on them sold initially on ebay for several hundred and now are down much lower. 50,000 of that particular misprint I believe.

IMO our money shouldn't say that anyways. 'We' includes me as a citizen and tax payer and no, I don't trust in god (with a lower case g)

OldManWrigley

08-03-2007 22:20:41

Why does it matter if it's lowercase or uppercase G?

I won't ask why you don't trust in God, we don't need this coin thread turning into a religious battle.

Anyway, I always thought it would be cool to have a bunch of gold coins or gold in general.

Teleboas

09-03-2007 03:50:33

[quote8ca86da464="nytrate"]the ones that didn't have "In God We Trust" on them sold initially on ebay for several hundred and now are down much lower. 50,000 of that particular misprint I believe.

IMO our money shouldn't say that anyways. 'We' includes me as a citizen and tax payer and no, I don't trust in god (with a lower case g)[/quote8ca86da464]

Why turn it into a religious debate? Fine, you don't trust in God. If it bothers you that much that you pay taxes and have to read that on the money, I guess it's time to leave this country and go live in another one.

bullseye4u

09-03-2007 04:03:23

[quotedd7fa69a53="Teleboas"][quotedd7fa69a53="nytrate"]the ones that didn't have "In God We Trust" on them sold initially on ebay for several hundred and now are down much lower. 50,000 of that particular misprint I believe.

IMO our money shouldn't say that anyways. 'We' includes me as a citizen and tax payer and no, I don't trust in god (with a lower case g)[/quotedd7fa69a53]

Why turn it into a religious debate? Fine, you don't trust in God. If it bothers you that much that you pay taxes and have to read that on the money, I guess it's time to leave this country and go live in another one.[/quotedd7fa69a53]

+karma

chrome89k

09-03-2007 04:08:52

[quote94c6c87f3b="OldManWrigley"]I want some! $20 for $25?[/quote94c6c87f3b]

im trying to keep it... 10 coins for 25 bux plus shipping.... im going to the store today and finding out EXACTLY how much shipping is

and i like the fact that they put God on my money... He should be with us everywhere... Capital G baby

nytrate

09-03-2007 05:14:12

[quote538b1c184d="OldManWrigley"]Why does it matter if it's lowercase or uppercase G?

I won't ask why you don't trust in God, we don't need this coin thread turning into a religious battle. [/quote538b1c184d]

The lower-case/upper-case G is a literature reference. There is no point in explaining it if you didn't get it. Not to be condescending but one is either well-read or not...and I just expected people to get it.

Not turning it into a religious battle. More like a church/state battle. I just find it curious our money says this. It's an interesting debate and is definitely not a "religious battle" but more of a constitutional thing that has appeared in court several times and lost for maybe good reason or not. It's an interesting topic.

That being said I feel bad for the people who clamored at those coins for hundreds of dollars just to have their value go down to ~$50 in a few hours time once they found out just how many were misprinted.

Although it would be nice to get ahold of some, who knows their worth in a few years.

CollidgeGraduit

09-03-2007 05:46:49

[quote9443e63984="nytrate"][quote9443e63984="OldManWrigley"]Why does it matter if it's lowercase or uppercase G?

I won't ask why you don't trust in God, we don't need this coin thread turning into a religious battle. [/quote9443e63984]

The lower-case/upper-case G is a literature reference. There is no point in explaining it if you didn't get it. Not to be condescending but one is either well-read or not...and I just expected people to get it. [/quote9443e63984]

Actually God is upper-case when you're referring to Him as a name (same reason the H in Him is capitalized when talking about God). When you use "god", with a lowercase g, you aren't referring to a specific entity - like the Greek gods.

Just like you would capitalize "P" when saying President of the United States, but not when you say "The presidents of many countries met this weekend." Just a matter of whether you're referring to a specific person, or a position in general.

gmario

09-03-2007 06:28:56

Would you take $5 paypal shipped for one of them?

nytrate

09-03-2007 06:32:45

Yes, that is true. It is also a lit reference. Vonnegut anyone?

forget it. I guess deep down I didn't expect an LOL for it though...or recognize it for that matter.

Why can't someone give an opinion on church/state without being told they're starting a religious battle? It's an interesting debate as it's been written that many prominent figures in history in the development of this nation were Athiests.

Personally, I'm not an Athiest as much of an Agnostic so I do believe in "God" to a degree just not the personification of it ("him"). I didn't insult anyone and it's not like it's a topic new to the legal system.

sorry for making discussion. Back to posting my freebie update...

chrome89k

09-03-2007 06:55:58

[quote563b6754e7="gmario"]Would you take $5 paypal shipped for one of them?[/quote563b6754e7]

sure dude... no problem

tjwor

09-03-2007 09:19:45

[quote10e2061798="nytrate"]Yes, that is true. It is also a lit reference. Vonnegut anyone?

forget it. I guess deep down I didn't expect an LOL for it though...or recognize it for that matter.

Why can't someone give an opinion on church/state without being told they're starting a religious battle? It's an interesting debate as it's been written that many prominent figures in history in the development of this nation were Athiests.

Personally, I'm not an Athiest as much of an Agnostic so I do believe in "God" to a degree just not the personification of it ("him"). I didn't insult anyone and it's not like it's a topic new to the legal system.

sorry for making discussion. Back to posting my freebie update...[/quote10e2061798]

If You want to debate it that is fine, but don't do it in a selling thread, dig up an old thread in Off-Topic, there has probably already been one...

As For the coins, I might be interested, how many would you send me for $10? $15, $20? (in case I didn't want the 10)

kidd2108

09-03-2007 11:09:19

I might be interested...my dad collects coins so I'll ask him.

TFOAF

09-03-2007 11:12:42

lol, what the hell? The pictures you posted are legit coins, not misprinted coins. The misprinted coins don't say "In God We Trust" at all on the coins. ;)

I just read/wrote about an article on it.

Edit Yeah, nyrate said it before me, I didn't read her post. P

gmario

09-03-2007 11:31:49

Yea actually how many can u send me shipped for 10 bucks, because i saw that you would send 10 for $25, so how many for $10 paypal? i will send u the money asap just as long as u ship them tomorrow for me.

chrome89k

09-03-2007 12:02:12

everyone who is interested in buying, PM me or AIM me at chrome89k...

gmario

09-03-2007 12:09:36

i don't see you on aim hit me up when you go on it Payce.

chrome89k

09-03-2007 12:12:16

Im on aim right now... i just signed up.. ill be online all day... i just got back from class

shylesson

11-03-2007 00:32:03

Wow, I had thought of buying these coins and had evened pmed the mate. But I pmed him within a few hours when I found out that the upsidedowness is NOT an error at all. Look it up-- heck even on ebay a mate has an auction telling everyone about it. Half the coins are upside down and half are right side up. They are specifically made this way. Why do you think there are sooooo many auctions for them on Ebay? The mint even has it listed on their website that there would be variations on the inscriptions. Go to the bank mates and pay for a $25 roll and you'll get your very own upside down dollars for the price they are worth $1.

gmario

11-03-2007 00:53:14

[quotebaaa93fa0d="shylesson"]Wow, I had thought of buying these coins and had evened pmed the mate. But I pmed him within a few hours when I found out that the upsidedowness is NOT an error at all. Look it up-- heck even on ebay a mate has an auction telling everyone about it. Half the coins are upside down and half are right side up. They are specifically made this way. Why do you think there are sooooo many auctions for them on Ebay? The mint even has it listed on their website that there would be variations on the inscriptions. Go to the bank mates and pay for a $25 roll and you'll get your very own upside down dollars for the price they are worth $1.[/quotebaaa93fa0d]

Lol Karma to you

x323smostwantedx

11-03-2007 01:40:37

+Karma for u 2

chrome89k

11-03-2007 09:06:27

My bad, i went to a bank teller in my town and asked them... they didnt know, but they knew there were misprints... my bad guys. didnt think about going to the mint website