Xbox 360 Remote Controller... Only $8.75 Shipped!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=52507

OrderGiftsFree

26-01-2007 23:01:19

I just ran accross a pretty sweet deal on the Xbox 360 Remote Controller. It's $5.90 and $2.85 shipping!

[b604d4bb209]Total...[/b604d4bb209] [i604d4bb209]$8.75[/i604d4bb209]

http//www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.608

Just bought one for myself ;)

Tsmith10803

27-01-2007 08:57:27

That's a good deal
I got the universal one by calling them and saying it wasn't in my package, even though it wasn't supposed to be, and they overnighted it )

mcal44

27-01-2007 09:00:30

I'm not sure if people care or not, but just to warn you that's a knock off aka not genuine

OrderGiftsFree

27-01-2007 20:27:53

[quote8981b0cf42="Tsmith10803"]That's a good deal
I got the universal one by calling them and saying it wasn't in my package, even though it wasn't supposed to be, and they overnighted it )[/quote8981b0cf42]

horse Tsk Tsk tsk...

CollidgeGraduit

27-01-2007 20:42:28

[quotea77e7731ed="Tsmith10803"]That's a good deal
I got the universal one by calling them and saying it wasn't in my package, even though it wasn't supposed to be, and they overnighted it )[/quotea77e7731ed]

Wow, way to steal.

dmorris68

27-01-2007 21:02:19

Whoa, this looks like FifthUnit.com reincarnated. Domain was registered Dec. 26th too. It's either them or somebody ripped off their web site AND has the same distributor. lol

[b45ad6a5c3d]Edit[/b45ad6a5c3d] Yeah, definitely FifthUnit redux. They even copied over the same customer questions/comments -- I recognized them from FU. )

OrderGiftsFree

27-01-2007 23:27:06

[quotebce181317e="dmorris68"]Whoa, this looks like FifthUnit.com reincarnated. Domain was registered Dec. 26th too. It's either them or somebody ripped off their web site AND has the same distributor. lol

[bbce181317e]Edit[/bbce181317e] Yeah, definitely FifthUnit redux. They even copied over the same customer questions/comments -- I recognized them from FU. )[/quotebce181317e]

I've never heard of FifthUnit.com... Were they a corrupted site or just closed down?

dmorris68

28-01-2007 13:59:26

[quote3644a81d35="OrderGiftsFree"][quote3644a81d35="dmorris68"]Whoa, this looks like FifthUnit.com reincarnated. Domain was registered Dec. 26th too. It's either them or somebody ripped off their web site AND has the same distributor. lol

[b3644a81d35]Edit[/b3644a81d35] Yeah, definitely FifthUnit redux. They even copied over the same customer questions/comments -- I recognized them from FU. )[/quote3644a81d35]

I've never heard of FifthUnit.com... Were they a corrupted site or just closed down?[/quote3644a81d35]
They were a Hong Kong vendor with questionable business practices. Aside from cheap products (which there is nothing wrong with if they work for you) and expensive shipping (AirMail from HK isn't cheap for larger items), a lot of people seemed to be pretty happy with them. However FifthUnit was the re-incarnation of AxShop, which closed down suddenly and without explanation last year. Then in December FifthUnit again shutdown with no explanation, claiming on their homepage to be down temporarily until their "new site" was up in January. Then low and behold this site appears, without any acknowledgment of their former identity that I can tell, and the FifthUnit.com domain is now broken.

It just seems shady for a vendor to "re-invent" themselves every 6 months with no acknowledgment that they're doing so, and with no explanation as to why. I've also heard of people's orders getting "lost" in shipping, but then again with international airmail and customs being how they are, it wouldn't be unheard of either. I have ordered quite a few things from HK vendors in the past, including LEDShoppe.com and some other eBay vendors, and so far haven't had an issue. I was actually getting ready to try some cheap iPod accessories from FifthUnit when they went down, now I'm undecided if I want to try with this new site or not.

OrderGiftsFree

28-01-2007 19:12:47

[quote4dac33ae80="dmorris68"][quote4dac33ae80="OrderGiftsFree"][quote4dac33ae80="dmorris68"]Whoa, this looks like FifthUnit.com reincarnated. Domain was registered Dec. 26th too. It's either them or somebody ripped off their web site AND has the same distributor. lol

[b4dac33ae80]Edit[/b4dac33ae80] Yeah, definitely FifthUnit redux. They even copied over the same customer questions/comments -- I recognized them from FU. )[/quote4dac33ae80]

I've never heard of FifthUnit.com... Were they a corrupted site or just closed down?[/quote4dac33ae80]
They were a Hong Kong vendor with questionable business practices. Aside from cheap products (which there is nothing wrong with if they work for you) and expensive shipping (AirMail from HK isn't cheap for larger items), a lot of people seemed to be pretty happy with them. However FifthUnit was the re-incarnation of AxShop, which closed down suddenly and without explanation last year. Then in December FifthUnit again shutdown with no explanation, claiming on their homepage to be down temporarily until their "new site" was up in January. Then low and behold this site appears, without any acknowledgment of their former identity that I can tell, and the FifthUnit.com domain is now broken.

It just seems shady for a vendor to "re-invent" themselves every 6 months with no acknowledgment that they're doing so, and with no explanation as to why. I've also heard of people's orders getting "lost" in shipping, but then again with international airmail and customs being how they are, it wouldn't be unheard of either. I have ordered quite a few things from HK vendors in the past, including LEDShoppe.com and some other eBay vendors, and so far haven't had an issue. I was actually getting ready to try some cheap iPod accessories from FifthUnit when they went down, now I'm undecided if I want to try with this new site or not.[/quote4dac33ae80]

I see. My item hasn't come in yet, but it's on ly been a few days. I'll keep an eye on it. If they just launched maybe they'll at least send out the first orders then.