WTB: ps3 pre order receipt

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48838

hamtaroking

22-11-2006 20:35:41

I didn't think that I would want to camp out for a ps3 system, but I changed my mind and want to buy a ps3 by myself. So if anyone has a ps3 pre-order PM me with an offer. I'm pretty desperate here, so I'd buy it more than the norm. o I don't know if all pre-orders are the same (20GB or 60GB), but if they are different, I want a 60GB pre order one. If it doesn't matter, ok..

If this is against the rules, then please close this.

UberVash

22-11-2006 20:38:47

Most of these receipts won't help you since the system came out already. Just a heads up, you'd be better off buyin' a system.

hamtaroking

22-11-2006 20:50:22

Oh really? But for non-receipt people, don't we have to wait at least til next year to get one? I'm more than willing to camp because it'll be my first experience and I don't feel like spending +$1k for a ps3 even though I'm willing to pay 150% (maybe more) for a receipt. Sorry I'm new at this. ( Correct me if I'm wrong

Buster389

22-11-2006 21:03:12

PS3 was released 11/17 meaning you would of had to started camping out about 11/15 to get one so your about a week late.

hamtaroking

22-11-2006 21:30:14

Not true... just because ps3 systems were release on 11/17 doesn't mean you stop camping. Each bestbuy, walmart, etc receives certain amount of ps3s each month or biweekly... and there will not be enough for everyone every shipment. Thus why people still camp out so they can ensure themselves or getting a ps3. And people who still doesn't get it, will probably camp the next time the store receives another shipment, and etc and etc...

Buster389

22-11-2006 21:34:00

The only gaming system the stores are going to get are Wii's because nintendo is expecting to release 4 million by the end of 2006 on the other hand sony most likely wont be releasing anymore this year. Sony has said that they will release more before christmas but they most likely will not and they definantly will not be shipping systems out on a months or biweekly schedual this yeat

hamtaroking

22-11-2006 21:55:38

What makes you think Sony won't release anymore ps3's this year? shrug I find it hard to believe that Sony will not release any ps3 on the most important shopping month of the year. LOL... yes I know the 400k systems we're expecting at the END OF THE YEAR is still little but that is what CAMPING is for! roll

[quoteeb59a97050]We are getting a second shipment next week, probably around the middle of next week. We'll know by Monday or Tuesday when they will be available.

"We are flying in shipments from Japan and China, and will probably ship them directly to retail" [instead of to Sony's warehouses], he said.

Levitas expects 4 or 5 additional shipments by the end of 2006, with each shipment containing a quarter of the units that were available at launch. He unfortunately didn't state what that number was. If Sony's original 400K launch number is to be believed, that means another 400-500K in the next six weeks.[/quoteeb59a97050]

Buster389

22-11-2006 22:15:46

No store is going to let you camp out for the PS3. Most stores don't even know when they will be getting them or how many they will get. Yea maybe some stores will get more PS3's in before the end of the year but even as it said it will only be a quarter of the launch date which will be about 5 because most best buys got about 20 launch date. And you will not know when these are going to be at the store. So you know what go ahead and wait outside of a best buy until you get one. i gaurantee you will be the only one out there and they will probably make you leave.

Buster389

22-11-2006 22:16:42

oh yeah where is that quote from. It really holds no validity because i have no idea where its from.

OldManWrigley

22-11-2006 22:44:42

i'll sell you mine for 1800.

hamtaroking

22-11-2006 22:58:04

Here you go
http//www.cbc.ca/news/story/2006/11/17/tech-sonyps3playstationshortage-061117.html
This is actually for Canadians and I'm from the U.S... so when you say "it will only be a quarter of the launch date which will be about 5 because most best buys got about 20 launch date" it's more like atleast half of the ps3s are going to North America is for us Americans... and the other half is for Canada and Mexico...

another site I just read is already proves your initial assumption is wrong...

http//www.gamespot.com/events/ps3launch/story.html?sid=6162154

Also
"No store is going to let you camp out for the PS3."

How valid is that statement? Where is your source!??!/11! Is that one of your "logical" reasoning again. \ Don't know why I'm doing this... I just want a receipt damn...

So basically you just said they're not going to ship anymore ps3 systems, but now you said yeah maybe some stores will get more ps3s... stick with one statement PLEASE lol

You know what... I hope I am the only one in line so I can buy the 10 ps3 systems and sell them all of them on ebay for at least $400 profit. $400 x 10 = $4,000 profit (more like $3,600 because I'm going to keep one system for myself LOL...) I don't know why my local bestbuy still has the rope tape on the side of the building that reads "PS3 Line Starts Here" after a couple of days of the launch date. Hmmmmmm...

Maybe because you live in a place where people shoot and rob other people on the streets that makes stores not allow you to camp at night for a ps3. LOL... but that is just my "logical" reasoning. lol roll

Buster389

23-11-2006 07:47:25

oh man you really pwnd me. roll Look last year when the 360's came out it was the same way no stores knew when or how many systems they were going to get in. The guy at the best buy told me that you had to come in when the store opened ever wednesday and friday (i think those were the dates) because thats when the trucks came. And check my post above i never once said that they will not release anymore this year i said that i didnt think they would even though sony said they will so that was my opinion about it but i did tell you that they were expecting to releases more. I still dont think that any store is going to let you camp out for the PS3 especially when they most likely dont even know then they are going to get more systems. Some people tried to camp out about a week or 2 early for the launch date and best buy made them leave. And other stores wouldnt let you start camping out until 16 hours before launch, so why do you think you will be more special and they will let you wait outside when they have no idea when they are getting more. I suppose if you get lucky and you find a store that does know then they might let you camp for no more than one night but once again this is just my opinion. And dont even try and fucking say i live in a bad part of town because you dont know shit about me and you have no right to do so.

hamtaroking

23-11-2006 10:57:15

no no no I think you really pwned me. T.T Calm down dude I think you posted that reply out of hate, while all my relies were trying to prove you're wrong. Big difference buddy lol You just basically proved you're own initial assumptions wrong as well.

"Sony has said that they will release more before christmas but [bf62ef9f6d6]they most likely will not[/bf62ef9f6d6] and they definantly will not be shipping systems out on a months or biweekly schedual this yeat"

"And check my post above i never once said that they will not release anymore this year i said that i didnt think they would even though sony said they will so that was my opinion about it but i did tell you that they were expecting to releases more. "

Umm you just said Sony will not??? And the way you said that is kind of confusing... "Sony will release them, wait wait no they won't...." But oh it's a valid statement none the less right?

"I still dont think that any store is going to let you camp out for the PS3 especially when they most likely dont even know then they are going to get more systems. "

Yet you said...

"And other stores wouldnt let you start camping out until 16 hours before launch"

And I was thinking of only camping 10 hours before the store opens shrug

I think if you post anymore replies, you're just going to prove yourself wrong again... but hey... that's just my opinion.
eng101

OldManWrigley

23-11-2006 11:16:57

No offense, you're an idiot.

Needless to say, I'll sell you mine for $1,800.

tylerc

23-11-2006 15:45:46

hamtaroking-I know buster personally, and go to school with him. The area we live in is about as far from a place where people get robbed and shot as you can get.

justinag06

23-11-2006 16:58:17

$1700