For Sale: Freebie Domain

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45066

Goob

30-08-2006 14:48:48

I own www.sportsgear4free.com and I've had this domain for about a year now (It's renewed through 08/2007). I never got around to starting it up and this would be a great domain name for anybody looking to starts a sports related freebie site. I bought a license of FSRS to use on this site, but I never got around to installing it. But, since it's already registered for this domain and fully paid for, I'll toss it in as well.

If interested, let me know and we can work something out. Again, this is JUST FOR THE DOMAIN AND FSRS! That's it. I haven't installed it or got it running or anything. That's all up to you.

Any serious bids/questions can be made through PM. Thanks.

[b766a149db8]EDIT Current bid is $30[/b766a149db8]

TFOAF

30-08-2006 15:07:33

Both are free?

UberVash

30-08-2006 15:19:54

Not a tangible good'd.

Goob

30-08-2006 15:28:10

This is a legal ownership of a legit domain, which is a tangible good. This isn't some get rich quick "offer" or any "pay me and I'll maybe get you tons of refs!"

This is a domain name up for sale, which is quite tangible. I'll send a letter of authenticity and transfer of ownership if you want to get technical.

KeithA

30-08-2006 16:02:16

[quote79fd0aa853="Goob"]This is a legal ownership of a legit domain, which is a tangible good. This isn't some get rich quick "offer" or any "pay me and I'll maybe get you tons of refs!"

This is a domain name up for sale, which is quite tangible. I'll send a letter of authenticity and transfer of ownership if you want to get technical.[/quote79fd0aa853]

A domain name is absolutely not tangible. If you really disagree, please post a picture of yourself holding the domain name in your left hand.

If you can produce a letter of authenticity, I don't have a problem with you advertising this here. But another mod may disagree.

Goob

30-08-2006 16:39:25

http//dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tangible

by my understanding, a domain name isn't "tangible" as is defined by #1 or #4, ie that it must have physical properties and be able to be touched. However, a domain name clearly meets the definition of #2 and #3. The domain name is very real, not imaginary or made up, as I can see it when I visit it. It is also not vague, as this is clearly only for sportsgear4free.com and not something like "a cool domain" without me saying what the domain is.

Again, if a buyer actually wanted, I can provide through the e-mail and postal mail a copy of the receipt of purchase for both the domain and FSRS, a printed copy of the FSRS code and activation code, and a letter hereby transfering all ownership and control of the domain to the new owner.

dmorris68

30-08-2006 17:32:06

I don't have a problem with it as long as something physical is shipped, but don't go trying to say a virtual item is tangible in the English and commonly understood sense of the word. It is most definitely not. There are many intangibles which are not "made up or imaginary" but they are still intangible. A domain is one of them. If people want to insist on splitting that hair, then we can easily spell it out more clearly in the forum rules, but honestly I wouldn't think that necessary.

Gooogler

30-08-2006 17:55:07

I am glad you are letting him do this, I have seen too many good items get killed for intangibility. Also, that would be a sweet free site.

TFOAF

30-08-2006 20:38:33

[quoted28074cdc2="KeithA"][quoted28074cdc2="Goob"]This is a legal ownership of a legit domain, which is a tangible good. This isn't some get rich quick "offer" or any "pay me and I'll maybe get you tons of refs!"

This is a domain name up for sale, which is quite tangible. I'll send a letter of authenticity and transfer of ownership if you want to get technical.[/quoted28074cdc2]

A domain name is absolutely not tangible. If you really disagree, please post a picture of yourself holding the domain name in your left hand.

If you can produce a letter of authenticity, I don't have a problem with you advertising this here. But another mod may disagree.[/quoted28074cdc2]
LOL!

Goob

31-08-2006 11:03:58

dmorris, thank you for letting the sale go on and such. Like I said, I'll physically ship everything I stated if sold to a buyer on here.